EA Forums - Banner

are you gonna play nhl22 if its only release on ps5/xbox X ?

Replies

• nyi95 wrote: »
    Allright boys, i think i got u all beat on this one. I'm 56,lol. Maybe we should start a rusty blades or old mans club. Anyone(ps4). I think segas the youngest, he still dances for women in the subway platforms! Lol.

My Last club was 3 of us all around the same age.

Our club name: "WRO - We Are Old"
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • nyi95
    162 posts Member
    40? Damn sega, i have a hemorrhoid that's 40! Lol. Canada would love to have you.
    40? Damn sega, i have a hemorrhoid that's 40! Lol. Canada would love to have you.

Haha hemorrhoid gets better with age... Like a fine wine...

I think I also would love to have Canada. First mission is to go there, and watch some IRL NHL game, talk to people, get a feeling.
    But for that to happen this covid-19 has to zip it!

Maybe you take me to a game or pub.. If your'e not to old... 😉😁
  • nyi95
    162 posts Member
    U kidding? My wifes always telling me to get out of the house! Lol. We'll do both. On me. Too old? Not yet.😉
    U kidding? My wifes always telling me to get out of the house! Lol. We'll do both. On me. Too old? Not yet.😉

Haha I know by now she's telling you to shut up and go to bed... Aand to get out of the house.. Sounds like your in a true marriage!

I will keep this in mind, it would be awsome. Unreal, but cool! 😏👍
  • Cranky1962
    32 posts Member
    edited February 11
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Allright boys, i think i got u all beat on this one. I'm 56,lol. Maybe we should start a rusty blades or old mans club. Anyone(ps4). I think segas the youngest, he still dances for women in the subway platforms! Lol.

58 going on 59 here . 💪
  • Cranky1962 wrote: »

58 going on 59 here . 💪

Made nyi95 look like a high-school kid! 😁

There’s surprisingly many that still play this game after they reach a certain age.

I"ve read this type of posts from reddit were there's - alot - more people in there golden years.

You play on a daily basis or much less? Only NHL?
  • One more old dude and we have a team boys. I usually play RD. Seeing as segas the youngest, maybe he can be the mascot. Im thinking his costume could be one of those old guys in the balcony from the muppet show, lol.
    Its more bronzish years sega, we're not there yet 😨😨
    One more old dude and we have a team boys. I usually play RD. Seeing as segas the youngest, maybe he can be the mascot. Im thinking his costume could be one of those old guys in the balcony from the muppet show, lol.

Haha leave the costume out of this, im going all in as your trusted left D.

Hehe I bealive you always been golden.. Life is what you make it, and your age has more to do with the feeling on your inside. The numbers we got is more to remind us to do stuff... 😊
    One more old dude and we have a team boys. I usually play RD. Seeing as segas the youngest, maybe he can be the mascot. Im thinking his costume could be one of those old guys in the balcony from the muppet show, lol.

I'm 42 if that qualifies as old but I'm on xbox. I'm usually playing with a guy in his late 40's and another in the back half of his 50's. I usually name our club based on our age, the last 2 were Grumpy Old Dudes and The Geriatrics and our mascot would be the old wizard or that crazy looking miner.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

I'm 42 if that qualifies as old but I'm on xbox. I'm usually playing with a guy in his late 40's and another in the back half of his 50's. I usually name our club based on our age, the last 2 were Grumpy Old Dudes and The Geriatrics and our mascot would be the old wizard or that crazy looking miner.

You would be the missing piece that makes us complete!

All we need now is crossplay and the next generation of hockey.

😏
  • I’m 25 but I’d like to think I’m one of the few in my demographic that actually sees the value of offline gaming, creating your own worlds, leagues, teams, players, storyline, etc. I’m just so disillusioned with online play having been around it and part of it since about middle school. Online gaming is about winning at all costs, and leagues like leaguegaming, virtual hockey league, etc used to actually be about playing realistic 6s hockey until the Zoomers took it over and ruined it by making it a toxic cesspool of win at all costs teenagers doxing each other and streaming their sick dangZ brah. The only online games I can play now days are milsim shooters like Squad, HLL, Rising Storm as these are dedicated communities full of people trying to have fun and play for the “process” rather than the win.

But this is why I’m so annoyed at games like this that can’t even get their sliders to function consistently because I’d actively be a much bigger fan of the game if you’d just let me play my offline game how I want rather than cranking up the speed and animations every 2nd or 3rd game. It’s blatantly obvious when it happens because my games go from 2-1, 3-2 to 7-6 because passes get forced, shots don’t miss, player weight seems removed as I blow past the AI up the wing 30 straight times when that didn’t happen a game ago.

Are you all baseball fans here? I’m not really, but MLB The Show with their roster values and y2y franchise saves (they don’t have them for this next installment but hopefully that means roster size expansion) the community made a totally fictional league with a full league and minors of players! That’s absolutely crazy, but people like me would be crazy enough to do that for the NHL community if it was possible. I don’t want to know the amount of time I’ve put into rosters and team editing over the years, but your community, especially offline players, would only be more excited and loyal if stuff like that was able to be done. I don’t think SDS has the biggest team around either but they’re dedicated to single player experiences and that’s the difference between EA and any other competitor in the sports world. EA only cares about online play except for throwing a little half-baked bone here and there to market for offliners.

It’s sad man. One can dream about a day where a customizable offline experience in a hockey game exists. A game where I can share my roster vault, team vault, and sliders is a world where I’d be happy to pay $70+ a year without hesitation. Hopefully the next-gen brings us 1. Functioning sliders 2. Vaults 3. More offline flexibility 4. Online leagues of some sort where custom sliders can be used so I can choose a community to play with who all wants to actually play hockey not EAir hockey.
  • Sega82mega
    3052 posts Member
    edited February 11
    I’m 25 but I’d like to think I’m one of the few in my demographic that actually sees the value of offline gaming, creating your own worlds, leagues, teams, players, storyline, etc. I’m just so disillusioned with online play having been around it and part of it since about middle school. Online gaming is about winning at all costs, and leagues like leaguegaming, virtual hockey league, etc used to actually be about playing realistic 6s hockey until the Zoomers took it over and ruined it by making it a toxic cesspool of win at all costs teenagers doxing each other and streaming their sick dangZ brah. The only online games I can play now days are milsim shooters like Squad, HLL, Rising Storm as these are dedicated communities full of people trying to have fun and play for the “process” rather than the win.

But this is why I’m so annoyed at games like this that can’t even get their sliders to function consistently because I’d actively be a much bigger fan of the game if you’d just let me play my offline game how I want rather than cranking up the speed and animations every 2nd or 3rd game. It’s blatantly obvious when it happens because my games go from 2-1, 3-2 to 7-6 because passes get forced, shots don’t miss, player weight seems removed as I blow past the AI up the wing 30 straight times when that didn’t happen a game ago.

Are you all baseball fans here? I’m not really, but MLB The Show with their roster values and y2y franchise saves (they don’t have them for this next installment but hopefully that means roster size expansion) the community made a totally fictional league with a full league and minors of players! That’s absolutely crazy, but people like me would be crazy enough to do that for the NHL community if it was possible. I don’t want to know the amount of time I’ve put into rosters and team editing over the years, but your community, especially offline players, would only be more excited and loyal if stuff like that was able to be done. I don’t think SDS has the biggest team around either but they’re dedicated to single player experiences and that’s the difference between EA and any other competitor in the sports world. EA only cares about online play except for throwing a little half-baked bone here and there to market for offliners.

It’s sad man. One can dream about a day where a customizable offline experience in a hockey game exists. A game where I can share my roster vault, team vault, and sliders is a world where I’d be happy to pay $70+ a year without hesitation. Hopefully the next-gen brings us 1. Functioning sliders 2. Vaults 3. More offline flexibility 4. Online leagues of some sort where custom sliders can be used so I can choose a community to play with who all wants to actually play hockey not EAir hockey.

You are just a child!.. 😉😊.. Noo just kidding, but my own "guess I had in mind" was more 34-38 then 25. You are a man of the world and you sounds so wise and clever. But ofc, it's not impossible to be that - and - to be young. Are you a good example of.

Would love to play with you, in a league or anything. But to do that.. I hope we first of all get a really great game. I think 22 can be it.

Baseball has unfortunately never been my thing. Born in wrong country.

*And yeah, your whole "offline thing" added a couple of years too... Always thought offline was for abit more older crowd. 😬😄
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I’m 25 but I’d like to think I’m one of the few in my demographic that actually sees the value of offline gaming, creating your own worlds, leagues, teams, players, storyline, etc. I’m just so disillusioned with online play having been around it and part of it since about middle school. Online gaming is about winning at all costs, and leagues like leaguegaming, virtual hockey league, etc used to actually be about playing realistic 6s hockey until the Zoomers took it over and ruined it by making it a toxic cesspool of win at all costs teenagers doxing each other and streaming their sick dangZ brah. The only online games I can play now days are milsim shooters like Squad, HLL, Rising Storm as these are dedicated communities full of people trying to have fun and play for the “process” rather than the win.

You are just a child!.. 😉😊.. Noo just kidding, but my own "guess I had in mind" was more 34-38 then 25. You are a man of the world and you sounds so wise and clever. But ofc, it's not impossible to be that - and - to be young. Are you a good example of.

Would love to play with you, in a league or anything. But to do that.. I hope we first of all get a really great game. I think 22 can be it.

Baseball has unfortunately never been my thing. Born in wrong country.

Haha yeah probably a bit surprising when you first hear it! I’d love to play in a league with some of the forum members here too assuming we can use custom sliders that actually work too. Hoping next-gen can get us that at the minimum. Seems like an achievable feat “working sliders” in 7-9 years.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

I love this!!! HMU if you need a LD !
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
    Cranky1962 wrote: »

58 going on 59 here . 💪

There’s surprisingly many that still play this game after they reach a certain age.

I"ve read this type of posts from reddit were there's - alot - more people in there golden years.

I play almost every morning before work NHL only .. retiring in 2 wks . Will allow me to play more . 🇨🇦💪🏼
    Sega82mega wrote: »

58 going on 59 here . 💪

I play almost every morning before work NHL only .. retiring in 2 wks . Will allow me to play more . 🇨🇦💪🏼

Hehe I like to hear.

Is it online? You still keep up with 'the kids'?

And congrats to retiring, if that feels good! 😊👏

58 going on 59 here . 💪

Hehe I like to hear.

Its feels great after working 40 yrs. Only play offline . Started playing in "99" on my computer then over to the console in 06 . I'd get killed online . 🇨🇦💪🏼 cheers .

58 going on 59 here . 💪

Hehe I like to hear.

Its feels great after working 40 yrs. Only play offline . Started playing in "99" on my computer then over to the console in 06 . I'd get killed online . 🇨🇦💪🏼 cheers .

You deserve some quality rest! 😉👌

You like what It become, the NHL serie?

Online is a diffrent world. I do bealive if it was more about hockey awareness and less about, 'be as quick as you can with the hands - and the rest will settle', the actually age of the players wouldn’t make such a difference. Probebly the other way.

Like in real life, if you have experience, you know were to be!

58 going on 59 here . 💪

Hehe I like to hear.

You deserve some quality rest! 😉👌

You like what It become, the NHL serie?

Online is a diffrent world. I do bealive if it was more about hockey awareness and less about, 'be as quick as you can with the hands - and the rest will settle', the actually age of the players wouldn’t make such a difference. Probebly the other way.

Like in real life, if you have experience, you know were to be!

I'm pretty EZ going , its a game and it entertains me during the winter months . Huge hockey fan here so it kinda lets me live my dream 😉 . Just waiting for when my 55" Samsung quits on me and I'll up grade to a 4K along with XBOX oneX .. cheers 🇨🇦 💪🏼