EA Forums - Banner

are you gonna play nhl22 if its only release on ps5/xbox X ?

13Next

Replies

• Depends. If the game is completely stripped down to the core like the first game on current gen was, I'd probably have no interest in playing it. Took until NHL 17 before I even considered buying the game for this gen (bought the game every year during the Xbox 360 days), and still waited until NHL 19.

Now on NHL 21 I have some awesome roster projects (a full 86/87 season) and an all time roster so I would have no problem playing 21 for a couple of more years at least. If EA want me to buy their new game they better introduce roster sharing.
  • Cranky1962 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Cranky1962 wrote: »
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Allright boys, i think i got u all beat on this one. I'm 56,lol. Maybe we should start a rusty blades or old mans club. Anyone(ps4). I think segas the youngest, he still dances for women in the subway platforms! Lol.

58 going on 59 here . 💪

Made nyi95 look like a high-school kid! 😁

There’s surprisingly many that still play this game after they reach a certain age.

I"ve read this type of posts from reddit were there's - alot - more people in there golden years.

You play on a daily basis or much less? Only NHL?

I play almost every morning before work NHL only .. retiring in 2 wks . Will allow me to play more . 🇨🇦💪🏼

Hehe I like to hear.

Is it online? You still keep up with 'the kids'?

And congrats to retiring, if that feels good! 😊👏

Its feels great after working 40 yrs. Only play offline . Started playing in "99" on my computer then over to the console in 06 . I'd get killed online . 🇨🇦💪🏼 cheers .

You deserve some quality rest! 😉👌

You like what It become, the NHL serie?

Online is a diffrent world. I do bealive if it was more about hockey awareness and less about, 'be as quick as you can with the hands - and the rest will settle', the actually age of the players wouldn’t make such a difference. Probebly the other way.

Like in real life, if you have experience, you know were to be!

I'm pretty EZ going , its a game and it entertains me during the winter months . Huge hockey fan here so it kinda lets me live my dream 😉 . Just waiting for when my 55" Samsung quits on me and I'll up grade to a 4K along with XBOX oneX .. cheers 🇨🇦 💪🏼

Hehe I can tell.. Like your mind set!

A tv accident can happen that easy.. You should give yourself a gift, same day you retiring! 😏👊
  • Cranky1962 wrote: »
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Allright boys, i think i got u all beat on this one. I'm 56,lol. Maybe we should start a rusty blades or old mans club. Anyone(ps4). I think segas the youngest, he still dances for women in the subway platforms! Lol.

58 going on 59 here . 💪

Made nyi95 look like a high-school kid! 😁

There’s surprisingly many that still play this game after they reach a certain age.

I"ve read this type of posts from reddit were there's - alot - more people in there golden years.

You play on a daily basis or much less? Only NHL?

I play almost every morning before work NHL only .. retiring in 2 wks . Will allow me to play more . 🇨🇦💪🏼

Hehe I like to hear.

Is it online? You still keep up with 'the kids'?

And congrats to retiring, if that feels good! 😊👏

Its feels great after working 40 yrs. Only play offline . Started playing in "99" on my computer then over to the console in 06 . I'd get killed online . 🇨🇦💪🏼 cheers .

You deserve some quality rest! 😉👌

You like what It become, the NHL serie?

Online is a diffrent world. I do bealive if it was more about hockey awareness and less about, 'be as quick as you can with the hands - and the rest will settle', the actually age of the players wouldn’t make such a difference. Probebly the other way.

Like in real life, if you have experience, you know were to be!

I'm pretty EZ going , its a game and it entertains me during the winter months . Huge hockey fan here so it kinda lets me live my dream 😉 . Just waiting for when my 55" Samsung quits on me and I'll up grade to a 4K along with XBOX oneX .. cheers 🇨🇦 💪🏼

I just got the XSX now I just need the 4K tv! Maybe I’ll find something fun on Black Friday this year haha.
  • Sega82mega
    3029 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Nice bf!

Im holding on until the release of 22, before I step into the next gen. Might give up my gaming monitor if 4k will make a huge difference.

I have no idea what to expect, might be my downfall, that Im having a hard time to not get over-hyped in this kinda situations.

But because, NHL, with it's menus, stats, face-scans, etc etc been more or less the same thing for pretty much this whole generation, (15-21) I do think we got something 'fresh' to look forward to.

• I just got the XSX now I just need the 4K tv! Maybe I’ll find something fun on Black Friday this year haha.

Congrats on the new addition
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • I certainly wouldn't get an XBSX to play THIS game. Gears 5 however looks phenomenal I am told.
  • I live for 2 games, NHL cause I love hockey and the never realesed insurgency sandstorm to console. I think it's delayed sence 2 years back now.... ☹️

All tough, Battlefield 6 has been confirmed, might pick up that as a 'second best' to insurgency... if it's going to be a modern warfare.
  • I was lucky enough to get a PS5 but the rest of my EASHL team wasn't; if it's not a cross generational title I don't see myself playing.

Cross gen this year shouldn't be like last time - in theory, they'll have had plenty more time to learn new tech
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't get an XBSX to play THIS game. Gears 5 however looks phenomenal I am told.

I will be trying out Gears 5 shortly. Actually been playing Gears Tactics as those games are mote my speed than FPS’s and it’s been a great game so far!
    I certainly wouldn't get an XBSX to play THIS game. Gears 5 however looks phenomenal I am told.

I will be trying out Gears 5 shortly. Actually been playing Gears Tactics as those games are mote my speed than FPS’s and it’s been a great game so far!

Yes I was surprised how much I liked Tactics.

If you are not into online vs multiplayer, play the Gears 5 campaign, the Hivebusters campaign and the Horde/Escape modes. Lots of fun to be had even if you dont like playing VS against other humans.

Let me know if you want to play some time.
    IceLion68 wrote: »

If you are not into online vs multiplayer, play the Gears 5 campaign, the Hivebusters campaign and the Horde/Escape modes. Lots of fun to be had even if you dont like playing VS against other humans.

Loved horde mode back in GoW2 lol! Will have to take you up on that!

Gears 5 horde mode is very involved. Lots of different character classes and card abilities. A ton of fun

Gears 5 horde mode is very involved. Lots of different character classes and card abilities. A ton of fun

Sounds pretty fun!
  • chief3930
    2 posts New member
    B) want to see online players
  • chief3930
    2 posts New member
    Sorry i mean online play mode. It would be real cool on 22. Team play on line, I play Legends during covid it was awesome. EA bring it back on 22