EA Forums - Banner

Please force skill stick on WoC

Kuus2
221 posts Member
Please require skill stick for WoC 3on3 and 6on6 games, if player has not separately enabled a specific accessibility setting. Also maybe add a separate tutorial for said controls when loading the game mode with different control set to make it more effective.

I see too many kids/noobies skating into opponents with the puck because they simply don’t know how or WHY to pass the puck. The easiest way to remove the trash would be to at least force the skill stick control scheme.

Yes, I gladly take the title of an ”elitist” in this instance.

Replies

• I don't think you need to force it upon people, but a focus on teaching players why full manual is better on both sides of the puck would be great.

I've never checked, are there specific drills in the game for the DSS?
  • JubeiDOK wrote: »
    I don't think you need to force it upon people, but a focus on teaching players why full manual is better on both sides of the puck would be great.

I am not sure if you caught this but the OP is referring to "Skill stick". Not DSS. There are three control schemes for NHL: NHL 94, Skill Stick, and Hybrid.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    JubeiDOK wrote: »
    I don't think you need to force it upon people, but a focus on teaching players why full manual is better on both sides of the puck would be great.

I am not sure if you caught this but the OP is referring to "Skill stick". Not DSS. There are three control schemes for NHL: NHL 94, Skill Stick, and Hybrid.

Oh.
    In that case, Control Schemes should definitely be segregated.

But for the other thing, my statement still stands. =)
  • JubeiDOK wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    JubeiDOK wrote: »

Oh.
    In that case, Control Schemes should definitely be segregated.

But for the other thing, my statement still stands. =)

Ya I definitely think they could go deeper on tutorials. Not just controls but hockey strategy and tactics.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.