EA Forums - Banner

We Need To Be Heard And Contribute To A Better Game

DethcoreRtchyTTV
107 posts Member
edited February 9
Noticing so many gamechangers and general EA NHL sports gamers have been voicing their opinions about the current state of the game. A lot of big time EA Gamechangers have been quite concerned and want to see changes. Twitter has been swarming with many of them pleading for something to be done to make this a better game. All the game modes, except for Franchise in my opinion have become stale and unplayable. HUT Rivals and Rush are always a sweat to win, given players exploit every broken C++ issue to win games, or if they cannot, it's rag the puck to waste our time.

Removal of certain features in game modes was a major step back. HUT online seasons were popular for those who didn't want complete competitiveness and it got taken out. Then Be A Pro made a big step forward with new cinematics and a more real time feel, except went a few steps back and took out some important concepts such as Junior and AHL leagues. Now you are a Superstar no matter what and it becomes too repetitive. Grinding from Junior to the Pro's was the best part about the mode.

Next is EASHL! This mode has become so painful to play, in which the population aside from League Gaming is dropping off like flies. Drop-in is difficult to get even one full game, and most players quit out of losing interest. Jersey Selection, Indoor rinks as an option, and community lobbies like from NHL 14 would thrive in this game so much. Especially with a better grief system to stop trolls. Have something like Siege where if someone gets kicked for poor teamplay they cannot entered a lobby for a few minutes. 3rd offence they cannot join the lobby for a couple days.

E-sports is also becoming very popular, even in the EA NHL franchise. Instead of using third party websites it would be cool to add an E-sports option with the ability to create our own or join already made leagues owned by sponsored teams.

As for gameplay it needs to be fixed! The same cycle, skillzone, rush, look for the cross-crease or short side goal gets boring. Goalies should not be able to be scored on that easily using exploits...

It hurts my heart seeing EA's own gamechangers moving away to other games, and majority of them being HUT players falling off, it's going to hit this company financially. We need more effort put into these games. Sadly without competition it might not happen.

I have been a fan of EA NHL for years, enjoyed every game until NHL 21. Please don't take this as calling down EA, it's constructive feedback and hopefully can be insightful to contributing to a better game. Even a patch where servers go offline for a day or 2 to fix multiple issues would benefit in my opinion.

Replies

  • Every. Damned. Year.
  • Lol yeah the game changers are in their annual “concerned about the game” phase here before they take a trip to Vancouver and suddenly become the biggest advocates for the game again. It’s all a charade. Their YT channels survive via the low-skilled, mind-dumbing meta EASHL has to offer because its ensures their one-dimensional style of play will always work and result in “highlights”. They also make a living off being HUT Whales so there’s no possible way they’ll ever actually provide critical enough feedback for anything to change. They’re a marketing tool, not a community voice.
  • They also make a living off being HUT Whales so there’s no possible way they’ll ever actually provide critical enough feedback for anything to change. They’re a marketing tool, not a community voice.

    I think we all need to accept the cold hard reality that if you are not playing HUT, you are no longer the primary target audience for this game. The EA financials bear this out.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    They also make a living off being HUT Whales so there’s no possible way they’ll ever actually provide critical enough feedback for anything to change. They’re a marketing tool, not a community voice.

    I think we all need to accept the cold hard reality that if you are not playing HUT, you are no longer the primary target audience for this game. The EA financials bear this out.

    Sad but true, although HUT is becoming a lesser played mode. I know way too many gamechangers who have also stopped playing it for the reasons of booting, ragging, etc. HUT champs it's different people on the list who usually would be top. They have either moved to LG or other games. Many of the Gamechangers I know have stopped playing this game, and have even went back to NHL 14 or other EA NHL titles. Way too many bugs in NHL 21 with players exploiting every C++ error they can find. Today I was quite upset to see a Tweet about a jersey and rating update, yet no general gameplay fixes. People pay money for these games and we deserve better...
  • But either if it's HUT, eashl, online vs, squad battle, or just offline, there all in abit the same.

    At least I feel so.

    When the gameplay gets as near 'perfect' it can be. All diffrent modes will also be fun.

    But no mather what mode I play, there's something missing. That final touch that makes all the bad go away.

    As always when I criticis the game, I like to give something back too.. And if I had to choose any of the NHL games sence 15 to play, I would take this one, 21.

    Cause it's never been more close to hockey(at least how I prefer to play, may suit me better then for other's), but at the same time it somehow shines through even more clearly, how painful hard it is to play against this years 'meta', that happen to be the very same 'meta' sence way back. But the backside of this meta, really shows it's ugly face more clear then ever in NHL 21. Thats probebly a big reason why 'so many people' hate the game and 'the cross crease'.
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    But either if it's HUT, eashl, online vs, squad battle, or just offline, there all in abit the same.

    At least I feel so.

    When the gameplay gets as near 'perfect' it can be. All diffrent modes will also be fun.

    I get what you are saying and agree to a point. If they fix/refine all the stuff around skating, collision detection (bodies, pucks, sticks) etc I agree - we will have a better game. But "gameplay" is going to have to include balancing offense and defense and not neglecting the fact that D and G are actual positions that some people play the majority of the time and not a position people just switch to when they have to (a la HUT/online VS).

    Right now I feel the game is largely an offensive highlight reel engine. You need look no further than EA's twitter feed for verification of this.
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    As always when I criticis the game, I like to give something back too.. And if I had to choose any of the NHL games sence 15 to play, I would take this one, 21.

    As a D man I liked 14 and 17 better than this. I suspect people who play G would have another answer. Also, I don't need this game to be a perfect hockey simulation - a rough approximation is fine. First and foremost tho I need it to be fun and rewarding. Playing D (and G from what I gather) in this game is currently neither most of the time. Though in fairness I will say I have been tinkering with different builds and having better success. I also realize there are adjustment in this game I need to make due to the skating changes and speed of the game. That said.. I do think the game play is too fast.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    edited February 12
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    But either if it's HUT, eashl, online vs, squad battle, or just offline, there all in abit the same.

    At least I feel so.

    When the gameplay gets as near 'perfect' it can be. All diffrent modes will also be fun.

    I get what you are saying and agree to a point. If they fix/refine all the stuff around skating, collision detection (bodies, pucks, sticks) etc I agree - we will have a better game. But "gameplay" is going to have to include balancing offense and defense and not neglecting the fact that D and G are actual positions that some people play the majority of the time and not a position people just switch to when they have to (a la HUT/online VS).

    Right now I feel the game is largely an offensive highlight reel engine. You need look no further than EA's twitter feed for verification of this.
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    As always when I criticis the game, I like to give something back too.. And if I had to choose any of the NHL games sence 15 to play, I would take this one, 21.

    As a D man I liked 14 and 17 better than this. I suspect people who play G would have another answer. Also, I don't need this game to be a perfect hockey simulation - a rough approximation is fine. First and foremost tho I need it to be fun and rewarding. Playing D (and G from what I gather) in this game is currently neither most of the time. Though in fairness I will say I have been tinkering with different builds and having better success. I also realize there are adjustment in this game I need to make due to the skating changes and speed of the game. That said.. I do think the game play is too fast.

    I have nothing to say.

    And I agree, way too fast, especially considering the fact, that everyone seem to love to max out the speed.

    Just gets me dizzy. And I hate to play when there's no direct thought behind every play. (more then: I throw this pass the hardest I can infront of the net and then just hope to god it goes in).... Wooow what a goal....
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.