EA Forums - Banner

Are you guys still banning racist teams ?

Deeboo_91
3 posts New member
edited February 12
I have run into these guys more than twice and I have reported them each time. Though you guys were taking a stand against this

Edit: Removed images showing names. Do not name and shame. -CM
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• DethcoreRtchyTTV
    107 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Deeboo_91 wrote: »
    I have run into these guys more than twice and I have reported them each time. Though you guys were taking a stand against this

seen some bad usernames and they still haven't been banned

Edit: Removed images showing names. -CM
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Nah that was just a one week thing kinda like the Black Lives Matter message was only sincere for a few days till it got scrapped. Strictly PC
  • EA_Aljo
    2632 posts EA Community Manager
    edited February 12
    Deeboo_91 wrote: »

Edit: Removed images showing names. Do not name and shame. -CM

I had to remove the images as it's against the rules to name and shame. In the future, please send these in a private message to a CM. You can also use the in-game reporting tool to report them. This is on the pause screen. Players can be reported here as well. More information on reporting players can be found here. I'll pass on the report for you. Thank you.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • RampantAI
    33 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Can we post the racist/"in their minds funny names" if we hide the gamertag to protect those "innocent" users? As that seems to be EA's stance as we can't in your words name and shame them?
  • EA_Aljo
    2632 posts EA Community Manager
    RampantAI wrote: »
    Can we post the racist/"in their minds funny names" if we hide the gamertag to protect those "innocent" users? As that seems to be EA's stance as we can't in your words name and shame them?

No. You can't do this as the names are most likely offensive. You can send screenshots to CMs and we'll pass them on.
  • So I assume the picture still in this forum with the team name listed by DethcoreRtchyTTV is an acceptable EA name for a team?
  • Socair
    2702 posts Game Changer
    So I assume the picture still in this forum with the team name listed by DethcoreRtchyTTV is an acceptable EA name for a team?

There, all removed.
  • Wish EA would be that quick on the ones reported by players who don't want to see offensive material in game.
  • Socair
    2702 posts Game Changer
    What sort of timeline are you guys seeing? Like from time you reported initially to again seeing the same club and/or GT/PSN ID player name? It takes a bit of time for the reports to be reviewed. This isn’t the only title the EA ToS team has to handle.
  • RampantAI
    33 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Seriously I don't think they have a timeline. Wish I could give some examples of teams we played that I know all members reported yet still around.

Seriously just go to https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-21/pro-clubs/rankings#platform=xboxone

And do a search for the word Monkey and you'll find at least 5 offensive team names alone.

Heck Beaver is another good animal to search for.
  • Socair
    2702 posts Game Changer
    I actually do that from time to time, and I’ll search for other inappropriate terms. Most are division 10 with no games played, but I still flag them. It’s depressing that people think it’s funny or whatever, but I’m just glad that I can now report them and know it’s going to a dedicated service.

Please do the same. I hope people don’t think it’s a waste of time, but it’s better than not having any means to do so.
  • rabid55wolverine
    270 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Socair wrote: »
    I actually do that from time to time, and I’ll search for other inappropriate terms. Most are division 10 with no games played, but I still flag them. It’s depressing that people think it’s funny or whatever, but I’m just glad that I can now report them and know it’s going to a dedicated service.

Please do the same. I hope people don’t think it’s a waste of time, but it’s better than not having any means to do so.

There has been 5 teams that I have flagged as inappropriate since the start of NHL 21 and not a single one of them is gone. Is it a waste of time? Yes, it is. I am truly sorry to say that it is but it 100% is.

One of them was a team that was something about the Germans in WWII and using all ID numbers of famous German camp officials. That one, as far as I remember is still playing. At least it was last month
  • IceLion68
    1174 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Seriously I don't think they have a timeline. Wish I could give some examples of teams we played that I know all members reported yet still around.

Seriously just go to https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-21/pro-clubs/rankings#platform=xboxone

And do a search for the word Monkey and you'll find at least 5 offensive team names alone.

Heck Beaver is another good animal to search for.

OK So I just did this and Holy Christ. OK EA , you need to be doing better. You can't just rely on the community to do your job for you. I work in Infrastructure. I know how this stuff works. This is all data on the back end servers. You could *easily* produce a report of club names that have certain key words in it and then have a human review this list.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Socair wrote: »

That's great. But again, EA has access to all the back end club data. It should be a pretty simple affair to at least scan the club names for pattern matching on the worst terms and automate actions based on this.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Follisimo
    1071 posts Member
    edited February 25
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »

That's great. But again, EA has access to all the back end club data. It should be a pretty simple affair to at least scan the club names for pattern matching on the worst terms and automate actions based on this.

Also these shouldn't just be light bans. They should be like a month long and re-occuring should be EA Account perm bans. If they ruled that stuff with an iron fist and people saw they would be less likely to do that. Also if a certain IP is just making new accounts then they should contact MS/Sony for them to levy action.