EA Forums - Banner

So sick and tired of puck raggers! Please watch the video!

Playing a game of Hut Rivals in NHL 21 after taking a break. Then I get into my first game, my opponent rags the puck. Lost that game 1-0. Try another game and get ragged again for a whole game after he scored a block side shot from the point, while I had my defenders in front of the net ready to block the shot. Unfortunately still went in. Then he proceeds to rag the puck, 3rd period was the worst for it. Would be nice to have a certain feature where if they sit behind their net like this for so long it blows a whistle. 3 whistles for it and it kicks them. I ended up losing 1-0 again! NHL 21 is becoming so toxic, it's pointless to play this game. Had so much fun in HUT on NHL 20. Just so tired of this!

Replies

• Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Good to see a video. Easier to explain.

First of, what strategy is that? Dosent seem to be the most aggressive.

And second, the most importantly. Do not attack the puck carrier that close infront of the net. You need to come wider from the outside, almost like you follow the one side of the board and then continue to the backside of the net. (and again, skate really careful, have speed that barley gets you forward)

If you keep doing the forecheck that close to the net, with that sharp turns, he's just going to continue to circle round and round.
    (And -never- stand completely still with your player, keep him in steady motion, press L2 to skate backwards abit to find a new angle to go forward with and pressure him from).

And force him to attack, by putting pressure from behind, in other words, you have to be the player thats behind he's last player.

I dont know how to say it any better, im consider to show a video how I play this guys.

It's definitely a terrible side of this game but alot of people can prevent it from happening that much if there just ready to take them on in another way.

*But I feel this thread could have been in the 'puck raggers..' thread. Were some tips on how to take them on already exist. Better to collect all information in one thread then to spread them wild, for people that searching for tips.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Good to see a video. Easier to explain.

First of, what strategy is that? Dosent seem to be the most aggressive.

And second, the most importantly. Do not attack the puck carrier that close infront of the net. You need to come wider from the outside, almost like you follow the one side of the board and then continue to the backside of the net. (and again, skate really careful, have speed that barley gets you forward)

If you keep doing the forecheck that close to the net, with that sharp turns, he's just going to continue to circle round and round.
    (And -never- stand completely still with your player, keep him in steady motion, press L2 to skate backwards abit to find a new angle to go forward with and pressure him from).

And force him to attack, by putting pressure from behind, in other words, you have to be the player thats behind he's last player.

I dont know how to say it any better, im consider to show a video how I play this guys.

It's definitely a terrible side of this game but alot of people can prevent it from happening that much if there just ready to take them on in another way.

*But I feel this thread could have been in the 'puck raggers..' thread. Were some tips on how to take them on already exist. Better to collect all information in one thread then to spread them wild, for people that searching for tips.

First couple periods I was attacking from the outside, until I gave up as I poke checked the puck from him a couple times but it glued back when he would stay still and not control his player behind the net. If I poke checked he would back skate and lure me into a penalty. The first 2 periods were playable until the 3rd where it got annoying and I just stopped attacking. As you see though I tried to let my CPU force the attack, then would go and try to catch him with my human controlled player. Strategy setup was this right here. Had it on aggressive but my players won't play like it on the 40 millisecond ping I get being a Northwest gamer. vq0s1bqmzufc.jpg