EA Forums - Banner

What can be done with AFK PLAYERS

NEWFIEEE
78 posts Member
edited February 15
Just got online with a game here and the guy never played one second in this game , no shots no attack time nothing excuse me, he had eleven seconds of time because the pucks pops up back into my zone his player touched it . I wasted twenty minutes to twenty five minutes in the game for nothing, even though I won but it was ridiculous tab to endure because if you quit you get loss, but he did leave in the last three seconds of the game!!!

What can we done with these players?

Replies

• That why I hate online.
  • Playing online is simply not worth it in these mass marketed, casual-catering games.
  • Playing online is simply not worth it in these mass marketed, casual-catering games.

What's wrong with a little bit of mental illness...? 🙄

No I notice online vs dosent seem to get to me as much as HUT does.

Probebly cause I play higher rank in HUT, but feel its not worth to play if I cant play my own game, without going insane.

Love the sport too much.
  • I played a hut rivals game the other night, what fun! Guys up on me 4 to 1. I keep trying, figure if i lose, i lose, no biggie, right?
    Half way through the second, he's up 4 to 1 remember? He goes AFK.!! Last period and a half i just stared at the screen. Puck was dropped, nobody moved, period ran out. Fun times.

Now, you can not blame EA for human behavior. EA Aljo nailed it best in another post where he described it as " the win at all costs mentality ".

On the other hand this is who they are producing this game for. They built it and they came. So be it.

All i want from them in the future is to give the offline some serious love and attention.
    Balance out the game where i feel like it's not too easy or not too hard. More immersion. Make it feel like I'm actually at the game. There are certain moments in the game where i say, wow! That looked really neat!, but they're far too few in between.

Roster sharing would be a good idea. See so many guys on here or on reddit creating awesome teams and players.

Again though, if the gameplay isn't tweaked somehow to give that even playing field for both cpu and user, then i dont know.

As I've finally managed to snag a ps5, i hope for the future of this title to return to its glory days.🙏
  • Sega82mega
    3029 posts Member
    edited February 21
    nyi95 wrote: »
    As I've finally managed to snag a ps5, i hope for the future of this title to return to its glory days.🙏

Congratulations to the new 'baby' in your family. Im guessing it was your wifes idea, for you to get the ps5! 😜
  • nyi95 wrote: »
    I played a hut rivals game the other night, what fun! Guys up on me 4 to 1. I keep trying, figure if i lose, i lose, no biggie, right?
    Half way through the second, he's up 4 to 1 remember? He goes AFK.!! Last period and a half i just stared at the screen. Puck was dropped, nobody moved, period ran out. Fun times.

Now, you can not blame EA for human behavior. EA Aljo nailed it best in another post where he described it as " the win at all costs mentality ".

On the other hand this is who they are producing this game for. They built it and they came. So be it.

All i want from them in the future is to give the offline some serious love and attention.
    Balance out the game where i feel like it's not too easy or not too hard. More immersion. Make it feel like I'm actually at the game. There are certain moments in the game where i say, wow! That looked really neat!, but they're far too few in between.

Roster sharing would be a good idea. See so many guys on here or on reddit creating awesome teams and players.

Again though, if the gameplay isn't tweaked somehow to give that even playing field for both cpu and user, then i dont know.

You dumb down the CPU in even the slightest and the USER becomes that more deadly. It's an impossible thing to balance. There are people out there that can simply abuse the AI as it is now and there are people out there who can't seem to figure them out.

• Sega82mega wrote: »

Congratulations to the new 'baby' in your family. Im guessing it was your wifes idea, for you to get the ps5! 😜

Of course it was. Only problem is she's keeping it and throwing me out!! Lol
  • nyi95 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Of course it was. Only problem is she's keeping it and throwing me out!! Lol

Hehe she's tired of your generation, she wants a taste of the new generation.. 😄😉
  • EA_Blueberry
    4276 posts EA Community Manager
    NEWFIEEE wrote: »
    Just got online with a game here and the guy never played one second in this game , no shots no attack time nothing excuse me, he had eleven seconds of time because the pucks pops up back into my zone his player touched it . I wasted twenty minutes to twenty five minutes in the game for nothing, even though I won but it was ridiculous tab to endure because if you quit you get loss, but he did leave in the last three seconds of the game!!!

Well that's frustrating. I surely wouldn't mind a system where if you repeatedly do it on a consistent basis you get warnings and then timeouts if you keep it up.
  • NEWFIEEE wrote: »

Well that's frustrating. I surely wouldn't mind a system where if you repeatedly do it on a consistent basis you get warnings and then timeouts if you keep it up.

My memory is pretty bad sometimes, but I am pretty sure I remember a time when going idle for a certain length of time would get you auto-kicked. When was this removed? Why?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • EA_Aljo
    2616 posts EA Community Manager
    IceLion68 wrote: »

My memory is pretty bad sometimes, but I am pretty sure I remember a time when going idle for a certain length of time would get you auto-kicked. When was this removed? Why?

Auto kicking is still in the game, but your grade needs to drop to an F before it happens. When AFK, you have about 25 - 30 seconds before your grade starts dropping. After that, it's probably another 30 seconds before it hits the F grade and kicks you.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Auto kicking is still in the game, but your grade needs to drop to an F before it happens. When AFK, you have about 25 - 30 seconds before your grade starts dropping. After that, it's probably another 30 seconds before it hits the F grade and kicks you.

That is only in drop-in though. As for HUT Rivals a player can sit there for 3 straight periods. In Champs because it's continuous. Someone can sit there forever like I experienced the other day. Tried to get the puck, it glues right back. Hit them, they don't budge! Stick lift the AI comes and protects the human controlled player. Person wasted almost 2 hours of my time doing absolutely nothing...
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

That is only in drop-in though. As for HUT Rivals a player can sit there for 3 straight periods. In Champs because it's continuous. Someone can sit there forever like I experienced the other day. Tried to get the puck, it glues right back. Hit them, they don't budge! Stick lift the AI comes and protects the human controlled player. Person wasted almost 2 hours of my time doing absolutely nothing...

In my experience, guys that go AFK are pretty easy to light up. There are definitely times they get the puck back after, but normally a well-placed stick lift or poke causes a turnover. It might take a few attempts, but if they are going idle for an entire game, it's never been a problem to get an easy win.

How did one game last 2 hours when your opponent wasn't even playing? Even if they played and were constantly dumping the puck over the boards and watched all the replays, I can't see a game lasting 2 hours. Not saying I don't believe you. It just seems very highly unlikely.
  • Hehe it's abit painful... Should I wait out or go for the free points...online vs I quit out...

People want the rewards.

• EA_Aljo wrote: »

In my experience, guys that go AFK are pretty easy to light up. There are definitely times they get the puck back after, but normally a well-placed stick lift or poke causes a turnover. It might take a few attempts, but if they are going idle for an entire game, it's never been a problem to get an easy win.

How did one game last 2 hours when your opponent wasn't even playing? Even if they played and were constantly dumping the puck over the boards and watched all the replays, I can't see a game lasting 2 hours. Not saying I don't believe you. It just seems very highly unlikely.

Well I have witnesses as it was streamed. He also ragged me last week. I have a video of that one. Guys reputation needs work it even says on his own profile. Literally was why I went offline and smashed my hand against my desk... It does happen! Heck a month ago I posted a video of a guy doing this, after scoring a goal. I couldn't do anything to get the puck from his human controlled player and A.I.
  • EA_Aljo

Well I have witnesses as it was streamed. He also ragged me last week. I have a video of that one. Guys reputation needs work it even says on his own profile. Literally was why I went offline and smashed my hand against my desk... It does happen! Heck a month ago I posted a video of a guy doing this, after scoring a goal. I couldn't do anything to get the puck from his human controlled player and A.I.

So far, I haven't encountered someone that was AFK I could never get the puck from. At most, it's taken several seconds or so. Will for sure keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the report.
  • Getting the puck isn’t the problem, I play these games off work to relax and these people are waste of my time. If they don’t do anything they should be booted. 0 shots the entire game, no attack time
  • EA_Aljo
    Getting the puck isn’t the problem, I play these games off work to relax and these people are waste of my time. If they don’t do anything they should be booted. 0 shots the entire game, no attack time

I can understand that frustration for sure. Hopefully, this will be addressed at some point in the future.