EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    edited April 7
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    What that means is that you can press the pass button 3 times and no pass happens.

    Can confirm: This has happened to me on quite a few occasions and to people have played with. it's not uncommon. I have a brand new Elite 2 controller. It's definitely not my controller.

    Given the widely reported lag and such, it shouldn't be terribly controversial or surprising that this game might have control input issues.

    I think you're both conflating being in an animation that doesn't allow a pass with a button not registering.

    I am not sure why you would simply assume this. In any case even if it were true *sometimes* I can assure it's not true *all the time*.

    In most cases I am literally just skating up ice with the puck. If the game does not allow passing from that "animation" this is a huge issue with the game.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.

    I present facts and I back those up with video. It's not my decision how other people perceive my posts. Being 'offended' is a decision one makes, not something I'm putting on anyone else.

    Have I been assertive in calling for people to provide video to back up their claims? Absolutely and that will not change. Again - if people choose to be offended by that - not my problem.

    I'm here to provide feedback with video and explanations. Why? Because I'm kind of crazy I guess. I've been coming to these forums for over 15 years. I love the game and I especially love seeing it evolve, even through the rough times. I've visited the studio a number of times for NHL and the UFC series. And I hate seeing people call the developers 'trash, lazy, incompetent'. These people work hard on this game and when I see people who post a video of something they think is 'trash development' only to see it's a misstep by the player playing the game - I'm going to call it out every. single. time.

    Again - the choice that's made to be offended by me doing that is on the person being offended. Not me. I don't namecall people, and I definitely don't refer to them as 'trash'. The same can't be said for other members here.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.

    I present facts and I back those up with video. It's not my decision how other people perceive my posts. Being 'offended' is a decision one makes, not something I'm putting on anyone else.

    Have I been assertive in calling for people to provide video to back up their claims? Absolutely and that will not change. Again - if people choose to be offended by that - not my problem.

    I'm here to provide feedback with video and explanations. Why? Because I'm kind of crazy I guess. I've been coming to these forums for over 15 years. I love the game and I especially love seeing it evolve, even through the rough times. I've visited the studio a number of times for NHL and the UFC series. And I hate seeing people call the developers 'trash, lazy, incompetent'. These people work hard on this game and when I see people who post a video of something they think is 'trash development' only to see it's a misstep by the player playing the game - I'm going to call it out every. single. time.

    Again - the choice that's made to be offended by me doing that is on the person being offended. Not me. I don't namecall people, and I definitely don't refer to them as 'trash'. The same can't be said for other members here.

    I back you up on this one. Good post.

    I get why people can be offended by you, but I dont think its right and I dont think thats your mission.

    Your good at the game and you try to explain what you have learned about the game, just by being good at the game and true to the game mechanics.

    Your opinion is often the opposite of what people wanna hear. But I think your voice is a breath of fresh air.

    Somewere in the middle, pretty fair and square, you deliver critical opinions about the game and you defend it sometimes.

    Kinda how I feel about the game, it's good and bad in the same time.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    What that means is that you can press the pass button 3 times and no pass happens.

    Can confirm: This has happened to me on quite a few occasions and to people have played with. it's not uncommon. I have a brand new Elite 2 controller. It's definitely not my controller.

    Given the widely reported lag and such, it shouldn't be terribly controversial or surprising that this game might have control input issues.

    This x1000000. There is WAY too much input lag in the game, and I find this happens alot on zone entries. Ex. coming up the boards, holding down RT to initiate the pass around the boards...I can release...then hit it and hit it and hit it and it wont release the puck.
    The other thing that often happens, is your player will not attempt tp release the puck until the defence is in position to block it. Same with shots... you can keep hitting up on the stick to shoot, and it wont until someone is there to block it

    Its 100% not out of the realm of realistic possibilities that there are input issues.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.

    If anything, your tone is combative. That's my perception.

    If you don't like my explanation, you don't need to argue with me and belittle me - that's just the choice you choose to make. It's not my fault if you choose to be offended.

    In any case, I don't disagree that pre-loading passes isn't as responsive as it once was. However, I will always disagree that the game "doesn't register inputs". In my opinion (and again, your choice as to whether this offends you or not) people are conflating being bumped while passing with the pass button 'not registering'.

    Again - just my opinion.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.

    I present facts and I back those up with video. It's not my decision how other people perceive my posts. Being 'offended' is a decision one makes, not something I'm putting on anyone else.

    Have I been assertive in calling for people to provide video to back up their claims? Absolutely and that will not change. Again - if people choose to be offended by that - not my problem.

    I'm here to provide feedback with video and explanations. Why? Because I'm kind of crazy I guess. I've been coming to these forums for over 15 years. I love the game and I especially love seeing it evolve, even through the rough times. I've visited the studio a number of times for NHL and the UFC series. And I hate seeing people call the developers 'trash, lazy, incompetent'. These people work hard on this game and when I see people who post a video of something they think is 'trash development' only to see it's a misstep by the player playing the game - I'm going to call it out every. single. time.

    Again - the choice that's made to be offended by me doing that is on the person being offended. Not me. I don't namecall people, and I definitely don't refer to them as 'trash'. The same can't be said for other members here.

    I back you up on this one. Good post.

    I get why people can be offended by you, but I dont think its right and I dont think thats your mission.

    Your good at the game and you try to explain what you have learned about the game, just by being good at the game and true to the game mechanics.

    Your opinion is often the opposite of what people wanna hear. But I think your voice is a breath of fresh air.

    Somewere in the middle, pretty fair and square, you deliver critical opinions about the game and you defend it sometimes.

    Kinda how I feel about the game, it's good and bad in the same time.

    Thank you. I've never belittled people the way I've been attacked, but I get it. People don't like to be given an explanation for something that has an implication that they could become more familiar with the tools.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.

    If anything, your tone is combative. That's my perception.

    If you don't like my explanation, you don't need to argue with me and belittle me - that's just the choice you choose to make. It's not my fault if you choose to be offended.

    In any case, I don't disagree that pre-loading passes isn't as responsive as it once was. However, I will always disagree that the game "doesn't register inputs". In my opinion (and again, your choice as to whether this offends you or not) people are conflating being bumped while passing with the pass button 'not registering'.

    Again - just my opinion.

    The fundamental difference in our assumption of other players’ skill is why you get more heat and why others don’t. I assume they’re experiencing what I’m experiencing, you assume they’re getting bumped and don’t know any better. I don’t get how you don’t realize that this is antagonistic. You can’t be both the proud antagonist and the victim. Pick one.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.

    If anything, your tone is combative. That's my perception.

    If you don't like my explanation, you don't need to argue with me and belittle me - that's just the choice you choose to make. It's not my fault if you choose to be offended.

    In any case, I don't disagree that pre-loading passes isn't as responsive as it once was. However, I will always disagree that the game "doesn't register inputs". In my opinion (and again, your choice as to whether this offends you or not) people are conflating being bumped while passing with the pass button 'not registering'.

    Again - just my opinion.

    The fundamental difference in our assumption of other players’ skill is why you get more heat and why others don’t. I assume they’re experiencing what I’m experiencing, you assume they’re getting bumped and don’t know any better. I don’t get how you don’t realize that this is antagonistic. You can’t be both the proud antagonist and the victim. Pick one.

    When people are claiming "half of (their) inputs are not registering" I'm going to assume there's a lack of understanding. Sorry if that is abrasive, but when claims like that are being made - it needs to be called out.
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    Walking a fine line here, untouchable and kid...please keep discussions about the game, not about each other.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.

    If anything, your tone is combative. That's my perception.

    If you don't like my explanation, you don't need to argue with me and belittle me - that's just the choice you choose to make. It's not my fault if you choose to be offended.

    In any case, I don't disagree that pre-loading passes isn't as responsive as it once was. However, I will always disagree that the game "doesn't register inputs". In my opinion (and again, your choice as to whether this offends you or not) people are conflating being bumped while passing with the pass button 'not registering'.

    Again - just my opinion.

    The fundamental difference in our assumption of other players’ skill is why you get more heat and why others don’t. I assume they’re experiencing what I’m experiencing, you assume they’re getting bumped and don’t know any better. I don’t get how you don’t realize that this is antagonistic. You can’t be both the proud antagonist and the victim. Pick one.

    When people are claiming "half of (their) inputs are not registering" I'm going to assume there's a lack of understanding. Sorry if that is abrasive, but when claims like that are being made - it needs to be called out.

    Okay but if the user is claiming something like that, wouldn’t you believe there’s many more relevant scenarios that they’re experiencing “input lag” or “inputs not registering” or whatever you want to call it than just instances surrounding bumps? That’s my entire point. Verify their scenarios/experience before assuming their skill/knowledge.

    I’m well aware that there’s a ton of hyperbole and lots of disinformation (pass interceptions in 6s anyone?) about game mechanics and success rates and what not.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Walking a fine line here, untouchable and kid...please keep discussions about the game, not about each other.

    Agreed. My bad.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.

    If anything, your tone is combative. That's my perception.

    If you don't like my explanation, you don't need to argue with me and belittle me - that's just the choice you choose to make. It's not my fault if you choose to be offended.

    In any case, I don't disagree that pre-loading passes isn't as responsive as it once was. However, I will always disagree that the game "doesn't register inputs". In my opinion (and again, your choice as to whether this offends you or not) people are conflating being bumped while passing with the pass button 'not registering'.

    Again - just my opinion.

    The fundamental difference in our assumption of other players’ skill is why you get more heat and why others don’t. I assume they’re experiencing what I’m experiencing, you assume they’re getting bumped and don’t know any better. I don’t get how you don’t realize that this is antagonistic. You can’t be both the proud antagonist and the victim. Pick one.

    When people are claiming "half of (their) inputs are not registering" I'm going to assume there's a lack of understanding. Sorry if that is abrasive, but when claims like that are being made - it needs to be called out.

    Since I'm one of the players having the problems with inputs not being registered in the game I'd like to use this scenario as an example of why some of these things don't make logical sense to me when they happen.

    I'm on a breakaway with the puck in the offensive zone as I skate past defenders that are flat-footed. Those defenders do a turbo-spin unlike anything I'm EVER able to execute as a human player and catch up to me instantly from behind. They touch/rub me from behind as I'm skating away from them full speed. My player does that "frozen" animation and can't execute any moves, shots, or passes until that animation finishes. Because my "frozen" player also isn't striding anymore it allows the defender to interact more with me from behind and maybe even dislodge the puck from me even though it was originally far out of his stick reach. OR he can just keep spamming "body check" which causes my player to be in a nearly permanent "frozen" state where he can't do ANYTHING at all.

    Remember now, I'm supposed to be on a breakaway, but "the powers that be" nerfed that with skating physics that don't make sense. They don't make sense because if you get shoved from behind that should increase your speed and/or decrease the defender's speed, should it not? What I'm saying is that you can't slow down the person in front of you by pushing them away from you while they are already moving away from you, but that's exactly how this game responds to that shove.

    This happening really doesn't have anything to do with player skill either. It's just what happens in general. There's also a scenario where your player won't accelerate correctly while trying to skate away from a cluster of players even though there is nothing in front of them to slow them down.

    Now, if you don't agree with what I claim here then either my abilities to feel when something is "off" are greater than yours, or there are other reasons why you simply don't have these problems at all. This is the third console generation in a row that I have been playing this series every year, so believe me when I say that I am very observant when the feel of the game is disrupted in any way. I can USUALLY tell from the initial faceoff how we are gonna act for the rest of the game.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.

    If anything, your tone is combative. That's my perception.

    If you don't like my explanation, you don't need to argue with me and belittle me - that's just the choice you choose to make. It's not my fault if you choose to be offended.

    In any case, I don't disagree that pre-loading passes isn't as responsive as it once was. However, I will always disagree that the game "doesn't register inputs". In my opinion (and again, your choice as to whether this offends you or not) people are conflating being bumped while passing with the pass button 'not registering'.

    Again - just my opinion.

    The fundamental difference in our assumption of other players’ skill is why you get more heat and why others don’t. I assume they’re experiencing what I’m experiencing, you assume they’re getting bumped and don’t know any better. I don’t get how you don’t realize that this is antagonistic. You can’t be both the proud antagonist and the victim. Pick one.

    When people are claiming "half of (their) inputs are not registering" I'm going to assume there's a lack of understanding. Sorry if that is abrasive, but when claims like that are being made - it needs to be called out.

    Since I'm one of the players having the problems with inputs not being registered in the game I'd like to use this scenario as an example of why some of these things don't make logical sense to me when they happen.

    I'm on a breakaway with the puck in the offensive zone as I skate past defenders that are flat-footed. Those defenders do a turbo-spin unlike anything I'm EVER able to execute as a human player and catch up to me instantly from behind. They touch/rub me from behind as I'm skating away from them full speed. My player does that "frozen" animation and can't execute any moves, shots, or passes until that animation finishes. Because my "frozen" player also isn't striding anymore it allows the defender to interact more with me from behind and maybe even dislodge the puck from me even though it was originally far out of his stick reach. OR he can just keep spamming "body check" which causes my player to be in a nearly permanent "frozen" state where he can't do ANYTHING at all.

    Remember now, I'm supposed to be on a breakaway, but "the powers that be" nerfed that with skating physics that don't make sense. They don't make sense because if you get shoved from behind that should increase your speed and/or decrease the defender's speed, should it not? What I'm saying is that you can't slow down the person in front of you by pushing them away from you while they are already moving away from you, but that's exactly how this game responds to that shove.

    This happening really doesn't have anything to do with player skill either. It's just what happens in general. There's also a scenario where your player won't accelerate correctly while trying to skate away from a cluster of players even though there is nothing in front of them to slow them down.

    Now, if you don't agree with what I claim here then either my abilities to feel when something is "off" are greater than yours, or there are other reasons why you simply don't have these problems at all. This is the third console generation in a row that I have been playing this series every year, so believe me when I say that I am very observant when the feel of the game is disrupted in any way. I can USUALLY tell from the initial faceoff how we are gonna act for the rest of the game.

    Can you post a video of this happening?
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.

    I present facts and I back those up with video. It's not my decision how other people perceive my posts. Being 'offended' is a decision one makes, not something I'm putting on anyone else.

    Have I been assertive in calling for people to provide video to back up their claims? Absolutely and that will not change. Again - if people choose to be offended by that - not my problem.

    I'm here to provide feedback with video and explanations. Why? Because I'm kind of crazy I guess. I've been coming to these forums for over 15 years. I love the game and I especially love seeing it evolve, even through the rough times. I've visited the studio a number of times for NHL and the UFC series. And I hate seeing people call the developers 'trash, lazy, incompetent'. These people work hard on this game and when I see people who post a video of something they think is 'trash development' only to see it's a misstep by the player playing the game - I'm going to call it out every. single. time.

    Again - the choice that's made to be offended by me doing that is on the person being offended. Not me. I don't namecall people, and I definitely don't refer to them as 'trash'. The same can't be said for other members here.

    I back you up on this one. Good post.

    I get why people can be offended by you, but I dont think its right and I dont think thats your mission.

    Your good at the game and you try to explain what you have learned about the game, just by being good at the game and true to the game mechanics.

    Your opinion is often the opposite of what people wanna hear. But I think your voice is a breath of fresh air.

    Somewere in the middle, pretty fair and square, you deliver critical opinions about the game and you defend it sometimes.

    Kinda how I feel about the game, it's good and bad in the same time.

    Thank you. I've never belittled people the way I've been attacked, but I get it. People don't like to be given an explanation for something that has an implication that they could become more familiar with the tools.

    This type of response is what people are talking about. Super passive aggressive
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.

    I present facts and I back those up with video. It's not my decision how other people perceive my posts. Being 'offended' is a decision one makes, not something I'm putting on anyone else.

    Have I been assertive in calling for people to provide video to back up their claims? Absolutely and that will not change. Again - if people choose to be offended by that - not my problem.

    I'm here to provide feedback with video and explanations. Why? Because I'm kind of crazy I guess. I've been coming to these forums for over 15 years. I love the game and I especially love seeing it evolve, even through the rough times. I've visited the studio a number of times for NHL and the UFC series. And I hate seeing people call the developers 'trash, lazy, incompetent'. These people work hard on this game and when I see people who post a video of something they think is 'trash development' only to see it's a misstep by the player playing the game - I'm going to call it out every. single. time.

    Again - the choice that's made to be offended by me doing that is on the person being offended. Not me. I don't namecall people, and I definitely don't refer to them as 'trash'. The same can't be said for other members here.

    I back you up on this one. Good post.

    I get why people can be offended by you, but I dont think its right and I dont think thats your mission.

    Your good at the game and you try to explain what you have learned about the game, just by being good at the game and true to the game mechanics.

    Your opinion is often the opposite of what people wanna hear. But I think your voice is a breath of fresh air.

    Somewere in the middle, pretty fair and square, you deliver critical opinions about the game and you defend it sometimes.

    Kinda how I feel about the game, it's good and bad in the same time.

    Thank you. I've never belittled people the way I've been attacked, but I get it. People don't like to be given an explanation for something that has an implication that they could become more familiar with the tools.

    This type of response is what people are talking about. Super passive aggressive

    I don't see it that way. But hopefully we can move forward in a productive manner.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.

    I present facts and I back those up with video. It's not my decision how other people perceive my posts. Being 'offended' is a decision one makes, not something I'm putting on anyone else.

    Have I been assertive in calling for people to provide video to back up their claims? Absolutely and that will not change. Again - if people choose to be offended by that - not my problem.

    I'm here to provide feedback with video and explanations. Why? Because I'm kind of crazy I guess. I've been coming to these forums for over 15 years. I love the game and I especially love seeing it evolve, even through the rough times. I've visited the studio a number of times for NHL and the UFC series. And I hate seeing people call the developers 'trash, lazy, incompetent'. These people work hard on this game and when I see people who post a video of something they think is 'trash development' only to see it's a misstep by the player playing the game - I'm going to call it out every. single. time.

    Again - the choice that's made to be offended by me doing that is on the person being offended. Not me. I don't namecall people, and I definitely don't refer to them as 'trash'. The same can't be said for other members here.

    I back you up on this one. Good post.

    I get why people can be offended by you, but I dont think its right and I dont think thats your mission.

    Your good at the game and you try to explain what you have learned about the game, just by being good at the game and true to the game mechanics.

    Your opinion is often the opposite of what people wanna hear. But I think your voice is a breath of fresh air.

    Somewere in the middle, pretty fair and square, you deliver critical opinions about the game and you defend it sometimes.

    Kinda how I feel about the game, it's good and bad in the same time.

    Thank you. I've never belittled people the way I've been attacked, but I get it. People don't like to be given an explanation for something that has an implication that they could become more familiar with the tools.

    This type of response is what people are talking about. Super passive aggressive

    I don't see it that way. But hopefully we can move forward in a productive manner.

    Agreed. Apologies for my brash replies.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.
    You haven't explicitly stated that but you may not be aware how you are often coming across:

    The framing many of your posts in these and similar matters is often along the lines of "you're wrong/you're doing it wrong". You can't blame people for becoming offended/defensive when you suggest that people are unable to differentiate between something as basic as the game is acting weird vs their controller being defective, for example.

    I present facts and I back those up with video. It's not my decision how other people perceive my posts. Being 'offended' is a decision one makes, not something I'm putting on anyone else.

    Have I been assertive in calling for people to provide video to back up their claims? Absolutely and that will not change. Again - if people choose to be offended by that - not my problem.

    I'm here to provide feedback with video and explanations. Why? Because I'm kind of crazy I guess. I've been coming to these forums for over 15 years. I love the game and I especially love seeing it evolve, even through the rough times. I've visited the studio a number of times for NHL and the UFC series. And I hate seeing people call the developers 'trash, lazy, incompetent'. These people work hard on this game and when I see people who post a video of something they think is 'trash development' only to see it's a misstep by the player playing the game - I'm going to call it out every. single. time.

    Again - the choice that's made to be offended by me doing that is on the person being offended. Not me. I don't namecall people, and I definitely don't refer to them as 'trash'. The same can't be said for other members here.

    I back you up on this one. Good post.

    I get why people can be offended by you, but I dont think its right and I dont think thats your mission.

    Your good at the game and you try to explain what you have learned about the game, just by being good at the game and true to the game mechanics.

    Your opinion is often the opposite of what people wanna hear. But I think your voice is a breath of fresh air.

    Somewere in the middle, pretty fair and square, you deliver critical opinions about the game and you defend it sometimes.

    Kinda how I feel about the game, it's good and bad in the same time.

    Thank you. I've never belittled people the way I've been attacked, but I get it. People don't like to be given an explanation for something that has an implication that they could become more familiar with the tools.

    This type of response is what people are talking about. Super passive aggressive

    I don't see it that way. But hopefully we can move forward in a productive manner.

    Agreed. Apologies for my brash replies.

    I could be less abrasive. That's my bad.
  • Confusion2000
    293 posts Member
    edited April 9
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    but that’s usually because there’s a guy checking me as I try to pass.

    Bingo

    Do you genuinely believe everyone here lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a desired one-touch pass not executing due to poor responsiveness and being in the middle of stumbling which would prevent a one-touch pass from executing?

    Not everyone, no.

    But I've seen enough people post videos of "the game being trash" only to show someone doesn't understand the difference between a backhand and forehand pass, or they think blindly skating at full speed in to the corner is "perfect defending", or stick lifting after a goal is scored is "perfect timing'

    You can't blame me for assuming people are conflating a button press 'not registering' with being unable to execute a pass due to being body checked.

    I've never said everyone here lacks any type of intellectual capacity, and I'd appreciate you refraining from implying that I've said that.

    Oh okay, so you just quoted a guy saying “it usually happens when I’m getting bumped” with the response of “bingo” because you weren’t assuming most of these complaints were really just people confused about the limitations of being in a “bumped” animation huh?

    I think you’re being intentionally obtuse here about your tone. You don’t have to “say it” it to “imply it” as I’ve just demonstrated. In any case, I don’t think this issue should be just disregarded as “user confusion” as pre-loading passes is definitely not at good as it was last-gen. Either the window to start loading a pass before possession is too small or something else is technically going on behind the scenes that isn’t functioning right, but this isn’t lag or animation related when it happens to me offline while regrouping.

    If anything, your tone is combative. That's my perception.

    If you don't like my explanation, you don't need to argue with me and belittle me - that's just the choice you choose to make. It's not my fault if you choose to be offended.

    In any case, I don't disagree that pre-loading passes isn't as responsive as it once was. However, I will always disagree that the game "doesn't register inputs". In my opinion (and again, your choice as to whether this offends you or not) people are conflating being bumped while passing with the pass button 'not registering'.

    Again - just my opinion.

    The fundamental difference in our assumption of other players’ skill is why you get more heat and why others don’t. I assume they’re experiencing what I’m experiencing, you assume they’re getting bumped and don’t know any better. I don’t get how you don’t realize that this is antagonistic. You can’t be both the proud antagonist and the victim. Pick one.

    When people are claiming "half of (their) inputs are not registering" I'm going to assume there's a lack of understanding. Sorry if that is abrasive, but when claims like that are being made - it needs to be called out.

    Since I'm one of the players having the problems with inputs not being registered in the game I'd like to use this scenario as an example of why some of these things don't make logical sense to me when they happen.

    I'm on a breakaway with the puck in the offensive zone as I skate past defenders that are flat-footed. Those defenders do a turbo-spin unlike anything I'm EVER able to execute as a human player and catch up to me instantly from behind. They touch/rub me from behind as I'm skating away from them full speed. My player does that "frozen" animation and can't execute any moves, shots, or passes until that animation finishes. Because my "frozen" player also isn't striding anymore it allows the defender to interact more with me from behind and maybe even dislodge the puck from me even though it was originally far out of his stick reach. OR he can just keep spamming "body check" which causes my player to be in a nearly permanent "frozen" state where he can't do ANYTHING at all.

    Remember now, I'm supposed to be on a breakaway, but "the powers that be" nerfed that with skating physics that don't make sense. They don't make sense because if you get shoved from behind that should increase your speed and/or decrease the defender's speed, should it not? What I'm saying is that you can't slow down the person in front of you by pushing them away from you while they are already moving away from you, but that's exactly how this game responds to that shove.

    This happening really doesn't have anything to do with player skill either. It's just what happens in general. There's also a scenario where your player won't accelerate correctly while trying to skate away from a cluster of players even though there is nothing in front of them to slow them down.

    Now, if you don't agree with what I claim here then either my abilities to feel when something is "off" are greater than yours, or there are other reasons why you simply don't have these problems at all. This is the third console generation in a row that I have been playing this series every year, so believe me when I say that I am very observant when the feel of the game is disrupted in any way. I can USUALLY tell from the initial faceoff how we are gonna act for the rest of the game.

    Can you post a video of this happening?

    No, I cannot post a video of this happening. I recall mentioning in a prior post that I'm older and do not have extra time available because LIFE HAPPENS everyday and that comes before this game. I play this game to wind down after work and what not and I'm not interested in being a content creator just to get my point across to people on this forum.

    I bring my problems with the game here because the phone support people are pretty much useless. I waste enough of my time hoping this game will actually play fairly, and now you want me to waste MORE of my time creating videos because you don't believe the things I (and others) say about what's wrong with the game?

    Maybe if people would actually spend the time analyzing what the players are targeting as problem areas with the game rather than needing visual evidence in order to validate their issues this game would be in a better place than what it is right now.

    To recap now, I don't have time as a functioning adult to create and post videos in order for my claim to be validated, and I'd appreciate it if you would stop asking us to waste our time with that and spend your time figuring out WHY these things are happening. This may or may not be directed at you. I'm not sure of your title within EA, but I'm sure this message could be delivered to the correct person or group if they wanted it to be.
    Post edited by Confusion2000 on
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.