EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

  • Sega82mega
    3276 posts Member
    I think a video would take less time to do then trying to explain something you feel is wrong in text.

    Also easier for the Dev team to fix it.
  • Why always videos?

    Everybody can see, that the CPU team has so many advantages and again and again they are able to do moves with agility and speed, that no human player is able do.
    You only have to play a game against the CPU and you will see it, dispite f.e. the settings for the CPU are set to bad.

    What I saw, is that if you try to set the CPUs options to bad, the bader you set them, the more absurd things will happen.
    I think, that those things happen, because EA put a routine into the game, that holds the THRILLING FACTOR of the NHL game always on the top level, no matter how good you set the Human team resp. how bad you set the CPU team. The game has ALWAYS to stay THRILLING!
    I recognized that EA put in this strange THRILLING FACTOR to the gameplay several years ago. And from then on very absurd things could happen to the CPU team. And as I said, that more bad you set the options of the CPU team, the more absurd things happen, up to complete absurd moves in lightning speed, or magnetic sticks of the CPU, or the Pup flying around without any physics a.s.o.

    DEVs of EA, If you play your own games, try to use very bad settings for the CPU team! Then you will see so many complete absurd things!

    As I said, because of the THRILLING FACTOR.

    Try to remember, that you implemented such a thing many years ago and take a closer look into it.
  • Sega82mega
    3276 posts Member
    Why not video?

    Everyone can say they saw Jesus, some will probebly say they did too.

    And we all have read about him, in some meaning he exist.

    But without video proof it's hard to be sure.

    If we all shared the same girl, and 20% of us said our girlfriend is suffering from 'ice-tilt'.

    Wouldn’t it be fair against the rest of us to show us what exactly you mean..?

    I cant really see the problem?

    This game isn't always 'fair', I often feel that things that happen is far away from being the most logical outcome of an situation. I can even feel the game gives an advantage to thoose that play this game in a much more simpel way then I do.

    But I have learned and accept how this game work. That dosent mean im happy of how things are, but at least I know 'why' things happen.

    And if I wanna show the developers something that I feel is wrong, I make sure to post a video, why not?
  • F.e. i did several videos of the 10 sec. before period end loosing the puck thing.

    I uploaded them via XBOX Series X, where ever to, and (to post them here) I cannot find them, wherever in the deep spaces of Microsoft they are... :/

    I love Microsoft! >:(
  • KidShowtime1867
    1656 posts Member
    edited April 9
    No, I cannot post a video of this happening. I recall mentioning in a prior post that I'm older and do not have extra time available because LIFE HAPPENS everyday and that comes before this game. I play this game to wind down after work and what not and I'm not interested in being a content creator just to get my point across to people on this forum.


    I understand. But to be fair, you don't need to be a content creator and invest a ton of time. The clips I capture take literally 2 seconds to capture and 30 seconds to upload.
    I bring my problems with the game here because the phone support people are pretty much useless. I waste enough of my time hoping this game will actually play fairly, and now you want me to waste MORE of my time creating videos because you don't believe the things I (and others) say about what's wrong with the game?

    Frankly, it's not that I don't believe you. It's just that sometimes what people perceive is happening is different from what is actually happening. If you posted a video of " defenders (doing) a turbo-spin unlike anything I'm EVER able to execute as a human player and catch up to me instantly from behind" or a clip of "a scenario where your player won't accelerate correctly while trying to skate away from a cluster of players even though there is nothing in front of them to slow them down." then it could go a long way in fixing that problem or there could be something else happening that could be explained.

    Maybe if people would actually spend the time analyzing what the players are targeting as problem areas with the game rather than needing visual evidence in order to validate their issues this game would be in a better place than what it is right now.

    If we had video of what you were talking about, then we could target the problem and generate feedback on how it could be improved.
    To recap now, I don't have time as a functioning adult to create and post videos in order for my claim to be validated, and I'd appreciate it if you would stop asking us to waste our time with that and spend your time figuring out WHY these things are happening. This may or may not be directed at you. I'm not sure of your title within EA, but I'm sure this message could be delivered to the correct person or group if they wanted it to be.

    I'm just a crazy loser. No title with EA.

    I'm just saying - if you want your specific problems to be looked at, a simple video would go such a long way.
    This is the third console generation in a row that I have been playing this series every year, so believe me when I say that I am very observant when the feel of the game is disrupted in any way. I can USUALLY tell from the initial faceoff how we are gonna act for the rest of the game.

    I've been playing this game for 27 years over 10 console generations (Sega, SNES, N64, Ps1, Ps2, Ps3, PC, Xbox, X360, Xbox 1) so I think I'm just as observant as you are.
  • mikeq67
    137 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    AI teams will fight harder when they're down. Especially in the second half of the 3rd, but they aren't forced to win no matter what you do.

    Can you elaborate on this? What does this actually mean?

    They take more chances and play more aggressively.

    I find this extremely hard to believe seeing that in EASHL when Im losing but on PK for instance my AI will immediately clear the puck upon possession despite losing with 30 seconds left.
  • jrago73
    621 posts Member
    mikeq67 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    AI teams will fight harder when they're down. Especially in the second half of the 3rd, but they aren't forced to win no matter what you do.

    Can you elaborate on this? What does this actually mean?

    They take more chances and play more aggressively.

    I find this extremely hard to believe seeing that in EASHL when Im losing but on PK for instance my AI will immediately clear the puck upon possession despite losing with 30 seconds left.

    While calling for it 3 times
  • Well, we are into page 11 on this topic and still we don't have answers as to why things just "happen" in this game that make no sense. It's really funny and concerning that the "powers that be" evidently have the time in their day to ban players who are complaining about their problems, but NOBODY has the time to figure out solutions to the problems. That right there should tell you all you need to know about the makers of this game.

    I wish for once people would vote with their wallet instead of being a bunch of sheep here and maybe the creators would actually take our claims seriously instead of monetizing the heck out of everything.

    NOT targeting anybody in particular here...just ranting about the sad state of this franchise. At this rate NHL 22 will be just like 21, which is the same as 20, which is the same as 19, which is....blah blah blah...you get the point.
  • My advice to the DEVs would be:

    Take a look into your some years ago created "hidden" CPU game sliders, that always move in the background, when a user moves his visible game sliders.

    You implemented something, that always works against the settings, that were done by the user. You can see it in the fact, that no matter, how you set up your game sliders, the game always is thrilling, no matter wether the result is 1:0 or 10:0. The game itself is always absolutely thrilling!
    This is a very nice thing... on one side.
    But on the other side the gameplay only is that thrilling, because the CPU players and the Puck again and again do very strange and unreal things!

    Does each and every game has to be that thrilling?
  • EA_Aljo
    2706 posts EA Community Manager
    Well, we are into page 11 on this topic and still we don't have answers as to why things just "happen" in this game that make no sense. It's really funny and concerning that the "powers that be" evidently have the time in their day to ban players who are complaining about their problems, but NOBODY has the time to figure out solutions to the problems. That right there should tell you all you need to know about the makers of this game.

    I wish for once people would vote with their wallet instead of being a bunch of sheep here and maybe the creators would actually take our claims seriously instead of monetizing the heck out of everything.

    NOT targeting anybody in particular here...just ranting about the sad state of this franchise. At this rate NHL 22 will be just like 21, which is the same as 20, which is the same as 19, which is....blah blah blah...you get the point.

    I know you don't want to post video, but we need to see those things that "Just happen", as you say. Hockey is an incredibly dynamic sport. The puck is a round object with edges. It's going to take odd bounces. Which can drastically change a play. That's not something that "just happens". The puck is reacting according to the physics involved. Edges, speed, direction, etc. Also, with our game, you're usually focused on one part of the play. Your focus could also be more narrow when using a closer in camera. When zooming out and looking at how the players are reacting, you can usually see why. I'm not saying they perfectly react every time, but things don't usually "just happen". There's a reason. Unless there's a bug causing some kind of unintended behavior.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I think a video would take less time to do then trying to explain something you feel is wrong in text.

    Also easier for the Dev team to fix it.

    Yes in theory, but that hasn’t fixed the 1-4, hasn’t fixed the offense not attacking with the net pulled when set to full attack/full forecheck, and many other issues.

    I think the problem with something like this (blatant AI boosts, acceleration levels, unrealistic direction changes at full speeds, animations you simply can’t do (sim a kicked pass, aim a hand pass) the ridiculous OP CPU puck pickups) is that you can easily see this by playing the game for 30 seconds. It shouldn’t require a video to know what he’s referring too. Maybe for mainly online players you don’t see this as much due to the human element, but offline guys see this stuff literally every game and it’s very annoying to watch.
  • Sega82mega
    3276 posts Member
    edited April 13
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I think a video would take less time to do then trying to explain something you feel is wrong in text.

    Also easier for the Dev team to fix it.

    Yes in theory, but that hasn’t fixed the 1-4, hasn’t fixed the offense not attacking with the net pulled when set to full attack/full forecheck, and many other issues.

    I think the problem with something like this (blatant AI boosts, acceleration levels, unrealistic direction changes at full speeds, animations you simply can’t do (sim a kicked pass, aim a hand pass) the ridiculous OP CPU puck pickups) is that you can easily see this by playing the game for 30 seconds. It shouldn’t require a video to know what he’s referring too. Maybe for mainly online players you don’t see this as much due to the human element, but offline guys see this stuff literally every game and it’s very annoying to watch.

    It's never a bad thing to be as clear as you can in your own way to describe a problem. Because of that - I cant see videos being a disadvantage for people that searching for understanding.

    But I also think this game has some built-in flaws in the deepest game-engine, things the developers probebly aint 100% satisfied with, that if they could, they would have been done in another way.

    I bealive were startin to be pretty maxed-out with what we got to play with and the game-engine with it's restrictions can't give us that much more.

    Thats why I think frostbite - next-gen is exactly the "fire-power" our developers need to take this to next level.

    *But I havent read/heard a word from the developers after this 21 realese, I dont know if their satisfied or just fine with what they manage to do... I can only guess... that's something I find sad, cause I think it both would be interesting to hear what they have to say and it could be to alot of help for us in our way to search for good feedback to them.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • twhite1387
    117 posts Member
    edited April 15

    [/quote

    I'm on a breakaway with the puck in the offensive zone as I skate past defenders that are flat-footed. Those defenders do a turbo-spin unlike anything I'm EVER able to execute as a human player and catch up to me instantly from behind. They touch/rub me from behind as I'm skating away from them full speed. My player does that "frozen" animation and can't execute any moves, shots, or passes until that animation finishes. Because my "frozen" player also isn't striding anymore it allows the defender to interact more with me from behind and maybe even dislodge the puck from me even though it was originally far out of his stick reach. OR he can just keep spamming "body check" which causes my player to be in a nearly permanent "frozen" state where he can't do ANYTHING at all.

    Remember now, I'm supposed to be on a breakaway, but "the powers that be" nerfed that with skating physics that don't make sense. They don't make sense because if you get shoved from behind that should increase your speed and/or decrease the defender's speed, should it not? What I'm saying is that you can't slow down the person in front of you by pushing them away from you while they are already moving away from you, but that's exactly how this game responds to that shove.

    This happening really doesn't have anything to do with player skill either. It's just what happens in general. There's also a scenario where your player won't accelerate correctly while trying to skate away from a cluster of players even though there is nothing in front of them to slow them down.

    Now, if you don't agree with what I claim here then either my abilities to feel when something is "off" are greater than yours, or there are other reasons why you simply don't have these problems at all. This is the third console generation in a row that I have been playing this series every year, so believe me when I say that I am very observant when the feel of the game is disrupted in any way. I can USUALLY tell from the initial faceoff how we are gonna act for the rest of the game.[/quote]

    Than entire first paragraph...That happens in club all the time, offline too actually. It's so obnoxious, because the physics of that entire sequence don't make any sense what soever

  • The game is rigged no matter how you look at it. Either it's lag advantage, lag compensation, DDA, Ice Tilt, connection tampering, or just using a combination of these to take advantage of the bad mechanics and controls in this game.

    And no I don't have a video and I'm not interested in doing the extra work in order to just be told I'm wrong for seeing what I see anyways. I can already get that by doing nothing, and you can't show video of your controller/control scheme not working correctly anyways.

    The PS4/XB1 generation was the WORST thing that could happen to EA games. I'd rather go back to 8-bit games that actually worked according to what you do on your controller than this steaming pile of dumpster juice.
  • The game is rigged no matter how you look at it. Either it's lag advantage, lag compensation, DDA, Ice Tilt, connection tampering, or just using a combination of these to take advantage of the bad mechanics and controls in this game.

    And no I don't have a video and I'm not interested in doing the extra work in order to just be told I'm wrong for seeing what I see anyways. I can already get that by doing nothing, and you can't show video of your controller/control scheme not working correctly anyways.

    The PS4/XB1 generation was the WORST thing that could happen to EA games. I'd rather go back to 8-bit games that actually worked according to what you do on your controller than this steaming pile of dumpster juice.

    The game isn’t rigged.

    Connection issues can play a role, but it’s not like it decides who’s going to win a la pro wrestling.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4411 posts EA Community Manager
    The game is rigged no matter how you look at it. Either it's lag advantage, lag compensation, DDA, Ice Tilt, connection tampering, or just using a combination of these to take advantage of the bad mechanics and controls in this game.

    And no I don't have a video and I'm not interested in doing the extra work in order to just be told I'm wrong for seeing what I see anyways. I can already get that by doing nothing, and you can't show video of your controller/control scheme not working correctly anyways.

    The PS4/XB1 generation was the WORST thing that could happen to EA games. I'd rather go back to 8-bit games that actually worked according to what you do on your controller than this steaming pile of dumpster juice.

    The game isn’t rigged.

    Connection issues can play a role, but it’s not like it decides who’s going to win a la pro wrestling.

    What are you talking about, wrestling is real.
  • Confusion2000
    250 posts Member
    edited April 17
    The game is rigged no matter how you look at it. Either it's lag advantage, lag compensation, DDA, Ice Tilt, connection tampering, or just using a combination of these to take advantage of the bad mechanics and controls in this game.

    And no I don't have a video and I'm not interested in doing the extra work in order to just be told I'm wrong for seeing what I see anyways. I can already get that by doing nothing, and you can't show video of your controller/control scheme not working correctly anyways.

    The PS4/XB1 generation was the WORST thing that could happen to EA games. I'd rather go back to 8-bit games that actually worked according to what you do on your controller than this steaming pile of dumpster juice.

    The game isn’t rigged.

    Connection issues can play a role, but it’s not like it decides who’s going to win a la pro wrestling.

    Have you ever played an NHL game vs somebody who looks like their team is on crack when yours can hardly move? I assume you probably haven't. Have you ever seen your opponent's 75 overall player out-everything your 90 overall player (with multiple synergies active even!!)?

    I will say that IF it's the internet quality playing a large factor in all this then I'm totally screwed because I live in a "monopoly location" as far as ISPs go. I do not remember PS3/360 versions of the game being so defined by the internet connection as everything else since then...and it's not even a close comparison from one generation to the next.

    The main reason this game gets on my nerves so much is that am seemingly continuously "locked out" of my controller because I'm always stuck in a being touched/checked/lifted/poked animation no matter what I do. It's like my personal animations take twice as long to play out and my opponents take half the normal time (if at all) so my opponent can always do whatever they want while my player is "stuck/locked out" all the time. I can have the better team and strategies make no difference in the matter. I do not understand why the game is developed to screw one side and "throw bones" to the other team (whether intentional or not) but it gets worse and more pronounced with the coming of each new version of the game.

    I want it also to be known that I've been on the "good side" of things too, but BARELY does that actually happen. It's no fun destroying somebody 15-0 either, so EA really needs to figure out what they are doing with this game because I am sick and tired of my controller input being ignored all the time, and it's kind of hard to get a video of my controller not working so you should probably just take my word for it to keep it simple.
    Post edited by Confusion2000 on
  • I dont really know what you mean.

    If I play against someone I really can tell are no good, or at least, are much worst then me.

    I will get he's whole team to look like amateurs - and it dosent mather if all he's players are Sidney Crosby's, that won't help him, cause this game is still mostly based on who's holding the controller.

    Buying expensive cards will get you alot of wins against players that's quite equal or even better then you, but then all of a sudden you gets to play against a really good opponent who's know exactly what hes doing, and beacuse he knows that, he's also not dependent on good cards, he just needs players on the ice, armed with a stick.

    This type of players can get anyone to feel that there's something wrong with the game.

    ... And then we got lag... Which is a whole nother story.

    Much better respons this year, but I still think the 'connection' can play too much of an role, when it comes to the game.

    22 might be even better, so we gets the chance to play against each other with no other obstacles in our way other then you and me + hockey.
  • The game is rigged no matter how you look at it. Either it's lag advantage, lag compensation, DDA, Ice Tilt, connection tampering, or just using a combination of these to take advantage of the bad mechanics and controls in this game.

    And no I don't have a video and I'm not interested in doing the extra work in order to just be told I'm wrong for seeing what I see anyways. I can already get that by doing nothing, and you can't show video of your controller/control scheme not working correctly anyways.

    The PS4/XB1 generation was the WORST thing that could happen to EA games. I'd rather go back to 8-bit games that actually worked according to what you do on your controller than this steaming pile of dumpster juice.

    i agree for the lag advantage and lag compensation,thisand puck raggingby cpu and human will make me quit before the nhl 21 year end i guess. About the ps4/xb1 generation,i remember i did take a big hiatus for that; when there is input lag controller and you don't feel to play the game yourself ,i t was a big turnoff for me
  • Confusion2000
    250 posts Member
    edited April 19
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I dont really know what you mean.

    If I play against someone I really can tell are no good, or at least, are much worst then me.

    I will get he's whole team to look like amateurs - and it dosent mather if all he's players are Sidney Crosby's, that won't help him, cause this game is still mostly based on who's holding the controller.

    This is the way it is SUPPOSED to be, but it isn't always that way. I don't know WHY it's like that, and EA just wants to make excuses about it even though many players have experienced it.

    Buying expensive cards will get you alot of wins against players that's quite equal or even better then you, but then all of a sudden you gets to play against a really good opponent who's know exactly what hes doing, and beacuse he knows that, he's also not dependent on good cards, he just needs players on the ice, armed with a stick.

    This type of players can get anyone to feel that there's something wrong with the game.

    OK, so the way I see this playing out is that certain games your players move like 18-wheelers on ice and other games they feel the way they are supposed to feel. My opponent's team and record should NEVER dictate this part of the game because my players have the same attributes from one game to the next and should ALWAYS play to their attributes...otherwise what is the point in getting different players if EA is just going to nerf them for NO reason?

    ... And then we got lag... Which is a whole nother story.

    Much better respons this year, but I still think the 'connection' can play too much of an role, when it comes to the game.

    This you got right on the head 110%!!! and EA needs to start taking accountability for this. I have no control over the game traffic once it gets past my modem, nor do I have a second option at that point in the case the first option fails. I'm sure MANY players can feel that pain. EA just needs to carry the L on this and find a better way, because this I feel is the root cause of all the "voodoo magic" I've had to endure since I moved up to the XB1/PS4 generation.

    22 might be even better, so we gets the chance to play against each other with no other obstacles in our way other then you and me + hockey.


    I would NOT count on 22 being any better as EA has proven every year since 14 that it's all about selling HUT cards and hockey bags more than it is dealing with actual gameplay issues.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!