EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

  • Confusion2000
    278 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    But there's always an opponent you need to take consideration too.

    Just beacuse you got Mcdavid and Ovie on your team dosent mean you automatic will win every puck battle, skate faster then anyone and go top shelf every shot.

    It's up to us, that control them.

    I'll use this is a quick and easy example of what I'm trying to say. Some things are just part of who your player is as indicated by attribute numbers. Your skater's personal attributes don't change based on your opponent. Your opponent may have higher attributes across the board than you do, but YOUR attributes don't change and should perform identically every single game.

    I am in agreement with you that you shouldn't get an "easy out" just because you have higher skilled players (such as your examples), BUT EA shouldn't make your player's attributes feel like they are nerfed for no reason. An OK example would be your player's shot strength and accuracy are compromised because you're being physically hassled by your opponent. A NOT OK example would be your agility is nerfed because your opponent has a team full of 99s and all your players are 89.

    Also, why does it always feel like my team is constantly flat-footed and is incapable of making a legitimate hockey move because they are being touched/rubbed/looked at by the opposition...but THEY (my opponents) have zero problems doing everything they are supposed to do. My team is NEVER skating!! They are always turning all janky and wobbling around like it's the first day on the new legs. It is terrible and it's been this way for way too long now. I feel like I spend more time bch'n about the controls not working than I do actually playing against my opponent. This has been the way since PS4/XB1's version of NHL 15. NEVER was like that before, so you (EA) tell me what the **** problem is.

    Honestly though, am I the only one who sees it this way?
    Post edited by Confusion2000 on
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D

    Nahh the game becoming twice as fast and ignoring half of your sliders offline is just placebo! Nothing wrong, no bugs, no other programming is going, just placebo! Don’t trust your eyes, past experiences, knowledge of the game, it’s just placebo!

    Hopefully the “speed glitch” feature they have to “make every game feel different” can be one of the long list of features I assume will get left out due to the frostbite engine migration. If not, I see no reason to buy NHL again.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1721 posts Member
    edited February 28
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D

    I don't get it
    Post edited by KidShowtime1867 on
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D

    I don't get it
    Don't worry, I had a feeling it might be just a bit too cryptic.
  • Sega82mega
    3759 posts Member
    edited March 1
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D

    I don't get it
    Don't worry, I had a feeling it might be just a bit too cryptic.

    Hehe some probebly understand you to 100% and some probebly - wanna - bealive in what you sayin, and then we got the rest that just dont understand what you trying to say...

    🙄🤔😏
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D

    I don't get it
    Don't worry, I had a feeling it might be just a bit too cryptic.

    I wasn't worried at all, but thanks.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    But there's always an opponent you need to take consideration too.

    Just beacuse you got Mcdavid and Ovie on your team dosent mean you automatic will win every puck battle, skate faster then anyone and go top shelf every shot.

    It's up to us, that control them.

    I'll use this is a quick and easy example of what I'm trying to say. Some things are just part of who your player is as indicated by attribute numbers. Your skater's personal attributes don't change based on your opponent. Your opponent may have higher attributes across the board than you do, but YOUR attributes don't change and should perform identically every single game.

    I am in agreement with you that you shouldn't get an "easy out" just because you have higher skilled players (such as your examples), BUT EA shouldn't make your player's attributes feel like they are nerfed for no reason. An OK example would be your player's shot strength and accuracy are compromised because you're being physically hassled by your opponent. A NOT OK example would be your agility is nerfed because your opponent has a team full of 99s and all your players are 89.

    Also, why does it always feel like my team is constantly flat-footed and is incapable of making a legitimate hockey move because they are being touched/rubbed/looked at by the opposition...but THEY (my opponents) have zero problems doing everything they are supposed to do. My team is NEVER skating!! They are always turning all janky and wobbling around like it's the first day on the new legs. It is terrible and it's been this way for way too long now. I feel like I spend more time bch'n about the controls not working than I do actually playing against my opponent. This has been the way since PS4/XB1's version of NHL 15. NEVER was like that before, so you (EA) tell me what the **** problem is.

    Honestly though, am I the only one who sees it this way?

    I guess that means I'm the only one hey?
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D

    I don't get it
    Don't worry, I had a feeling it might be just a bit too cryptic.

    You bolded "feels dad" not feels dda
  • j0rtsu67
    629 posts Member
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D

    I don't get it
    Don't worry, I had a feeling it might be just a bit too cryptic.

    You bolded "feels dad" not feels dda
    Hence a bit too cryptic... :D
  • rblaze1988
    43 posts Member
    edited March 7
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    EA has been denying "ice tilt" and "momentum" for *years* when people have tried to draw attention to this phenomenon. While I concede people were mistaken in thinking that the game somehow is trying to achieve a predetermined outcome - an argument which even I admit is silly and falls apart under the most basic of scrutiny - there is *something* at work here and @EA_Aljo has actually now told us as much.



    Honestly...

    @EA_Aljo says: AI teams will fight harder when they're down.

    You're trying to conflate this comment with OP's claim that games being played online between two humans are scripted or the victim of ice tilt.

    Clearly, the comment made by Aljo is referring to offline games versus the A.I. And it should come as no surprise to anyone who understands the game of hockey that a team (either A.I. or human controlled) would adjust their strategies and increase taking risks according to the score and time left in the game.

    There is no ice tilt.

    I have a video of a game that i played a few nights ago that is proof that you are wrong. I’m going to upload it here and expose EA. The game AI definitely has the ability to control the outcome of games and that in itself completely defeats the purpose of having competitive rankings in an online game and also makes it pointless to play tournaments for prizes and money. If a player can exploit the way the AI is coded to act or if the AI randomly goes brain dead or becomes superhuman through either network connection issues, lag or programming then it completely nullifies the competitive aspect of them game and give one player an uncontrollable inherent advantage over another player. This is pure fraud against competitive players. It’s the same as if one team took steroids or adderall before a game and their opponent wasn’t allowed to eat or drink the day of the game. One team has an advantage over another team which completely defeats the purpose of a competitive match up.

    Post edited by Socair on
  • thebrazenhead75
    180 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Does anyone else notice the following:

    When it’s a questionable and/or “sketchy” penalty or goal there is no instant reply and it goes straight to the next face off? It’s like EA knows during a game we’re not going to take the time to analyze it, save it and to call them out on it afterwards because we’re too busy playing. If EA insists on showing replays then show them ALL.

    I’ve paid close attention to this a lot lately and it can’t be a coincidence. This seems to happen mostly at those ice tilt moments. It can’t be just a coincidence. You have those games where you’re dominating and then the other team scores a couple weak ones. Your team gets penalties, passes are now easily intercepted, open net shots are hitting posts or missing completely. Your human goalie no matter how well he has been playing let’s up a weak goal in the last min or so. The losing team always seem to tie it up.

    It might not be “ice tilt” per day as they claim but some sort of funky programming is occurring to make these things happen. It is so obvious their doing something to make the majority of games close to keep all engaged.



    Post edited by thebrazenhead75 on
  • > @thebrazenhead75 said:
    > Does anyone else notice the following:
    >
    > When it’s a questionable and/or “sketchy” penalty or goal there is no instant reply and it goes straight to the next face off? It’s like EA knows during a game we’re not going to take the time to analyze it, save it and to call them out on it afterwards because we’re too busy playing. If EA insists on showing replays then show them ALL.
    >
    > I’ve paid close attention to this a lot lately and it can’t be a coincidence. This seems to happen mostly at those ice tilt moments. It can’t be just a coincidence. You have those games where you’re dominating and then the other team scores a couple weak ones. Your team gets penalties, passes are now easily intercepted, open net shots are hitting posts or missing completely. Your human goalie no matter how well he has been playing let’s up a weak goal in the last min or so. The losing team always seem to tie it up.
    >
    > It might not be “ice tilt” per day as they claim but some sort of funky programming is occurring to make these things happen. It is so obvious their doing something to make the majority of games close to keep all engaged.

    I agree 100%. This garbage happens way too often. After being a skeptic of this DDA, tilt, or scripting phenomenon, I can honestly come to a conclusion it's very real and completely ruins any competitive enjoyment. Been playing this game for years and it get's worse and worse every season. This game is so unplayable. It's so obvious when EA "Interferes" and conveniently "decides" what happens in any given game. This gameplay has become so scripted and predictable, it's almost impossible to enjoy it. The only way, in my opinion, for this nightmare to end with EA, is for the NHL to get involved and yank their name off this disgrace of a product. I know it'll never happen, but if the NHL gave an ultimatum to EA to either put some effort into this disaster of a series, or we'll seek out a hungrier, more talented studio. It's just so amazing to me, with all the technology that EA has at their disposal, we continually get a pathetic product year after year.
  • Confusion2000
    278 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Does anyone else notice the following:

    When it’s a questionable and/or “sketchy” penalty or goal there is no instant reply and it goes straight to the next face off? It’s like EA knows during a game we’re not going to take the time to analyze it, save it and to call them out on it afterwards because we’re too busy playing. If EA insists on showing replays then show them ALL.

    I’ve paid close attention to this a lot lately and it can’t be a coincidence. This seems to happen mostly at those ice tilt moments. It can’t be just a coincidence. You have those games where you’re dominating and then the other team scores a couple weak ones. Your team gets penalties, passes are now easily intercepted, open net shots are hitting posts or missing completely. Your human goalie no matter how well he has been playing let’s up a weak goal in the last min or so. The losing team always seem to tie it up.

    It might not be “ice tilt” per day as they claim but some sort of funky programming is occurring to make these things happen. It is so obvious their doing something to make the majority of games close to keep all engaged.



    What I notice, and have noticed since the jump to PS4/XB1, is that controlling your player is more of a chore than it needs to be, and it gets worse every year. There is less effort into making a premium product because EA doesn't have to do squat. They will get their "normal" Twitchers and YouTubers to buy a ton of packs on stream to promote the game, and make a ton of money selling them. THAT IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT.

    Back on the PS3/360 this game was continuous FUN, just about no matter what. You always had your normal trolls, but the game had enough diehard players to make it a blast even though. It wasn't a game of "let's see who gets screwed the hardest" to determine your winner. It came down to who actually came with a better game.

    I don't know whose idea it was to bring Fortnite into this game, or decided that "ice-tilt-LIKE" things were gonna be a thing, or that "every game feels different" was a great idea for competitive reasons, but EA you have it all wrong!! EA, why don't you do a hard study on the percentage of games that end in rage-quit (DNF) over the years, and THEN you tell me the stats on the old PS3/360 games as well. Tell me if you see a HARD uptick in DNFs over the last 7 years. If you do, there are reasons for that. Open your eyes!!

    Listen to your player base ON HERE. NOT the Twitch/YouTube SHEEP streamers. Remember that they don't make money to buy your packs if they don't have anybody interested in viewing their streams. It's coming.


    Edit: Removed profanity - CM
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on
  • Does anyone else notice the following:

    When it’s a questionable and/or “sketchy” penalty or goal there is no instant reply and it goes straight to the next face off? It’s like EA knows during a game we’re not going to take the time to analyze it, save it and to call them out on it afterwards because we’re too busy playing. If EA insists on showing replays then show them ALL.

    I’ve paid close attention to this a lot lately and it can’t be a coincidence. This seems to happen mostly at those ice tilt moments. It can’t be just a coincidence. You have those games where you’re dominating and then the other team scores a couple weak ones. Your team gets penalties, passes are now easily intercepted, open net shots are hitting posts or missing completely. Your human goalie no matter how well he has been playing let’s up a weak goal in the last min or so. The losing team always seem to tie it up.

    It might not be “ice tilt” per day as they claim but some sort of funky programming is occurring to make these things happen. It is so obvious their doing something to make the majority of games close to keep all engaged.



    What I notice, and have noticed since the jump to PS4/XB1, is that controlling your player is more of a chore than it needs to be, and it gets worse every year. There is less effort into making a premium product because EA doesn't have to do squat. They will get their "normal" Twitchers and YouTubers to buy a shiton of packs on stream to promote the game, and make a shiton of money selling them. THAT IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT.

    Back on the PS3/360 this game was continuous FUN, just about no matter what. You always had your normal trolls, but the game had enough diehard players to make it a blast even though. It wasn't a game of "let's see who gets screwed the hardest" to determine your winner. It came down to who actually came with a better game.

    I don't know whose idea it was to bring Fortnite into this game, or decided that "ice-tilt-LIKE" things were gonna be a thing, or that "every game feels different" was a great idea for competitive reasons, but EA you have it all wrong!! EA, why don't you do a hard study on the percentage of games that end in rage-quit (DNF) over the years, and THEN you tell me the stats on the old PS3/360 games as well. Tell me if you see a HARD uptick in DNFs over the last 7 years. If you do, there are reasons for that. Open your eyes!!

    Listen to your player base ON HERE. NOT the Twitch/YouTube SHEEP streamers. Remember that they don't make money to buy your packs if they don't have anybody interested in viewing their streams. It's coming.

    All it would for the developers is to play one weekend of HUT champs or a bunch of high level EASHL clubs games to see what a broken exploit fest of a game this is. I've never played such a frustrating game, or a game that rewards constant exploiting rather than mastering game mechanics. You can do everything right - pass the puck around, play positionally sound, make good hockey plays, use the dekes that you are supposed to use, only to lose to a team that self sauces, skates backwards with the puck, and sends blind backhand behind the back passes through three defenders for one timers. It makes me want throw my controller against the wall a lot of the time and should make EA and the developers embarrassed. I never get frustrated when I lose in rocket league or COD because I know I did something wrong or didn't have the skills to win.

    This game is just an exploit fest. Look at the shooting percentages of the top teams in hut champs - they are around 40 percent. How is that anything like hockey? I understand it has to be higher than real life to have accurate scores in a shorter game but that is absurd. Winning isn't about outplaying your opponent, it is about out exploiting them. These people sit around and master the newest exploits than their favorite streamers show them and then to spam them. What a garbage game. All it would take to help is a tuner or two to help balance things out, but nope. Keep buying packs and pre order NHL 22 suckers.
  • rblaze1988 wrote: »
    I have a video of a game that i played a few nights ago that is proof that you are wrong.

    Awesome, let's see it.
  • Could you imagine how little to zero DDA theories would still be widely accepted and talked about if this game didn’t play at wildly different speeds every other game? You’d simultaneously make offline players enjoyment levels skyrocket and solve the annoying conversation that just won’t go away. Why is this not a priority?
  • rblaze1988 wrote: »
    I have a video of a game that i played a few nights ago that is proof that you are wrong.

    Awesome, let's see it.

    Would be nice to see, but I doubt this video will appear.
  • Confusion2000
    278 posts Member
    edited March 9
    Could you imagine how little to zero DDA theories would still be widely accepted and talked about if this game didn’t play at wildly different speeds every other game? You’d simultaneously make offline players enjoyment levels skyrocket and solve the annoying conversation that just won’t go away. Why is this not a priority?

    This is what I mean. You have the same players on your team USUALLY every game, so there should be NO reason for them to play and feel as different as they do from one game to the next. If they felt and played (and listened to my controller 100% of the time) for EVERY SINGLE GAME I bet the ice-tilt conversations and accusations would dry up in a hurry.

    I surely didn't have all these ice-tilt theories back on the 360 and PS3 games...but EVERYTHING that came after that is nothing but that. There are SO MANY things that happen that either don't follow simple logic, or show that "the game" doesn't give a (expletive) about your controller input during SELECT parts of the game. If it's not programmed into the game (as EA claims) then I'd like to know what it is. I will say that all of my troubleshooting steps over the last 6-7 years hasn't indicated a possible problem anywhere else, so I'd REALLY like to know what EA's excuse is for this disaster of a game.

    EA...what say you?
  • EA_Aljo
    3013 posts EA Community Manager
    Could you imagine how little to zero DDA theories would still be widely accepted and talked about if this game didn’t play at wildly different speeds every other game? You’d simultaneously make offline players enjoyment levels skyrocket and solve the annoying conversation that just won’t go away. Why is this not a priority?

    This is what I mean. You have the same players on your team USUALLY every game, so there should be NO reason for them to play and feel as different as they do from one game to the next. If they felt and played (and listened to my controller 100% of the time) for EVERY SINGLE GAME I bet the ice-tilt conversations and accusations would dry up in a hurry.

    I surely didn't have all these ice-tilt theories back on the 360 and PS3 games...but EVERYTHING that came after that is nothing but that. There are SO MANY things that happen that either don't follow simple logic, or show that "the game" doesn't give a (expletive) about your controller input during SELECT parts of the game. If it's not programmed into the game (as EA claims) then I'd like to know what it is. I will say that all of my troubleshooting steps over the last 6-7 years hasn't indicated a possible problem anywhere else, so I'd REALLY like to know what EA's excuse is for this disaster of a game.

    EA...what say you?

    These claims existed back in the 360/PS3 days as well.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Could you imagine how little to zero DDA theories would still be widely accepted and talked about if this game didn’t play at wildly different speeds every other game? You’d simultaneously make offline players enjoyment levels skyrocket and solve the annoying conversation that just won’t go away. Why is this not a priority?

    This is what I mean. You have the same players on your team USUALLY every game, so there should be NO reason for them to play and feel as different as they do from one game to the next. If they felt and played (and listened to my controller 100% of the time) for EVERY SINGLE GAME I bet the ice-tilt conversations and accusations would dry up in a hurry.

    I surely didn't have all these ice-tilt theories back on the 360 and PS3 games...but EVERYTHING that came after that is nothing but that. There are SO MANY things that happen that either don't follow simple logic, or show that "the game" doesn't give a (expletive) about your controller input during SELECT parts of the game. If it's not programmed into the game (as EA claims) then I'd like to know what it is. I will say that all of my troubleshooting steps over the last 6-7 years hasn't indicated a possible problem anywhere else, so I'd REALLY like to know what EA's excuse is for this disaster of a game.

    EA...what say you?

    These claims existed back in the 360/PS3 days as well.

    My 65 year old Dad can see the difference in game speed offline without touching his sliders lol, are these really just “claims”? I would at least understand if this was an online thing to accommodate for lag, but you can literally play two back to back games, change nothing, and see a totally different speed in both the overall gameplay and the animations. Watch the faceoffs when you hold your stick out, some games it looks normal, other games your guy snaps it out. Watch the feet, some games the animations look normal, sometimes it looks like McDavid skating on a treadmill going 30 mph. Watch the goalies when they do their little pad tap routine on an in-zone faceoff. Some games they tap their pads normally, some games they look like they’re a body builder on speed with how fast they perform that routine. Watch the refs on the faceoffs, some times they do their little head bobbing/breathing thing like normal, sometimes they look like a woodpecker.

    If you really WANT to see these differences, make sure your game is in the normal state, change a few sliders by literally 1, and make sure it’s shooting or something that has no impact on skating, then watch your by your next game or two the speed glitch game state will take over and all of those animation differences I just wrote will start to appear.

    There’s absolutely 0 legitimate way nobody at EA or any of the EA employees haven’t seen this issue/know that it’s something in code manipulating games to “feel” different which isn’t DDA, but there was a huge push in sports game for every game to “feel” different for awhile. If that’s the case, just let me know and tell me how and when it’s going to happen and how to counteract it.

    Dedicated slider makers at OS see it, I see it, my retired Dad can see it, but it magically doesn’t happen when you play a game at EA Vancouver or have gamer tag that’s associated with an EA employee huh? Come on. These aren’t claims, and it’s not even proof of DDA if you guys would be transparent about it, so just do us a favor and stop treating us like we’re crazy.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!