EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2711 posts EA Community Manager
    @untouchable_BF1

I was talking about claims of ice tilt. Not the speed glitch you've been mentioning for some time now. We still haven't seen evidence of that.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1664 posts Member
    edited March 9
    Dedicated slider makers at OS see it, I see it, my retired Dad can see it, but it magically doesn’t happen when you play a game at EA Vancouver or have gamer tag that’s associated with an EA employee huh? Come on. These aren’t claims, and it’s not even proof of DDA if you guys would be transparent about it, so just do us a favor and stop treating us like we’re crazy.

Would you be able to post a video that demonstrates two games looking entirely different despite the same sliders?

Not saying you're wrong. You're an upstanding member of this community and I genuinely believe you see something and I'd like to get a better perspective.

Edit: Just to add to this... I don't see anyone on these forums discuss players taking passes in stride and the effect it has on the speed of the game.

If a team is able to make 2-3 consecutive passes to players in stride, taking advantage of the puck pickup animations, this could give the impression that they are 'faster' than another team who makes successful passes, but reception of those passes forces players to make adjustments against their current trajectory.

I've had games where a team can rip right through me if I'm letting them make passes to players in stride. On the flip side, I've swarmed opponents with pressure by simply making passes to the right players without impeding their current momentum.

I believe these things have a huge impact on the overall 'speed' of the game and make it feel like your opponent is 'getting all the bounces'. Conversely, I feel that teams who make consecutive passes to players NOT in stride can give the impression of 'ice tilt' or 'dda' - or the common complaint of "my team is skating in mud".

This is why video would be important. It would be interesting to see what exactly is happening in your experience that is contributing to the difference in game speeds.

Post edited by KidShowtime1867 on
  • MdMc11
    41 posts Member
    Does anyone else notice the following:

When it’s a questionable and/or “sketchy” penalty or goal there is no instant reply and it goes straight to the next face off? It’s like EA knows during a game we’re not going to take the time to analyze it, save it and to call them out on it afterwards because we’re too busy playing. If EA insists on showing replays then show them ALL.

I’ve paid close attention to this a lot lately and it can’t be a coincidence. This seems to happen mostly at those ice tilt moments. It can’t be just a coincidence. You have those games where you’re dominating and then the other team scores a couple weak ones. Your team gets penalties, passes are now easily intercepted, open net shots are hitting posts or missing completely. Your human goalie no matter how well he has been playing let’s up a weak goal in the last min or so. The losing team always seem to tie it up.

It might not be “ice tilt” per day as they claim but some sort of funky programming is occurring to make these things happen. It is so obvious their doing something to make the majority of games close to keep all engaged.

Also black screens usually occur in critical moments. Also why does my alter name and stamina bar disappear on random penalty shots, usually resulting in a miss off the post. Sick tilt EA
  • MdMc11
    41 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Could you imagine how little to zero DDA theories would still be widely accepted and talked about if this game didn’t play at wildly different speeds every other game? You’d simultaneously make offline players enjoyment levels skyrocket and solve the annoying conversation that just won’t go away. Why is this not a priority?

This is what I mean. You have the same players on your team USUALLY every game, so there should be NO reason for them to play and feel as different as they do from one game to the next. If they felt and played (and listened to my controller 100% of the time) for EVERY SINGLE GAME I bet the ice-tilt conversations and accusations would dry up in a hurry.

I surely didn't have all these ice-tilt theories back on the 360 and PS3 games...but EVERYTHING that came after that is nothing but that. There are SO MANY things that happen that either don't follow simple logic, or show that "the game" doesn't give a (expletive) about your controller input during SELECT parts of the game. If it's not programmed into the game (as EA claims) then I'd like to know what it is. I will say that all of my troubleshooting steps over the last 6-7 years hasn't indicated a possible problem anywhere else, so I'd REALLY like to know what EA's excuse is for this disaster of a game.

EA...what say you?

These claims existed back in the 360/PS3 days as well.

And they still hold true to this very day!
  • Sega82mega
    3285 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Dedicated slider makers at OS see it, I see it, my retired Dad can see it, but it magically doesn’t happen when you play a game at EA Vancouver or have gamer tag that’s associated with an EA employee huh? Come on. These aren’t claims, and it’s not even proof of DDA if you guys would be transparent about it, so just do us a favor and stop treating us like we’re crazy.

Would you be able to post a video that demonstrates two games looking entirely different despite the same sliders?

Not saying you're wrong. You're an upstanding member of this community and I genuinely believe you see something and I'd like to get a better perspective.

Edit: Just to add to this... I don't see anyone on these forums discuss players taking passes in stride and the effect it has on the speed of the game.

If a team is able to make 2-3 consecutive passes to players in stride, taking advantage of the puck pickup animations, this could give the impression that they are 'faster' than another team who makes successful passes, but reception of those passes forces players to make adjustments against their current trajectory.

I've had games where a team can rip right through me if I'm letting them make passes to players in stride. On the flip side, I've swarmed opponents with pressure by simply making passes to the right players without impeding their current momentum.

I believe these things have a huge impact on the overall 'speed' of the game and make it feel like your opponent is 'getting all the bounces'. Conversely, I feel that teams who make consecutive passes to players NOT in stride can give the impression of 'ice tilt' or 'dda' - or the common complaint of "my team is skating in mud".

This is why video would be important. It would be interesting to see what exactly is happening in your experience that is contributing to the difference in game speeds.

Yeah your Edit is very true.

People play a very statically way, we're they almost never change up there play. Just to see such a thing were opponent's takes the puck back to their own zone at the same time you build speed by skating in big arc/bow to your left and right - this is a excellent way to create speed without having to just hustle the hardest you can - one way.

I wish this game could encourage this type of way to play even more... It's easy to get trapped somewere along the way by this, 'I skate straight against you with a poke guys' and then you can be pretty far out to have time to recover the puck lost.

But this way you describe how to use the rink, is how you 'normaly' try to get a speed advantage of your opponent's. By going up and down - side to side - not just, up up up up, until you cant go up no more.
  • EA_Aljo
    2711 posts EA Community Manager
    MdMc11 wrote: »
    Could you imagine how little to zero DDA theories would still be widely accepted and talked about if this game didn’t play at wildly different speeds every other game? You’d simultaneously make offline players enjoyment levels skyrocket and solve the annoying conversation that just won’t go away. Why is this not a priority?

This is what I mean. You have the same players on your team USUALLY every game, so there should be NO reason for them to play and feel as different as they do from one game to the next. If they felt and played (and listened to my controller 100% of the time) for EVERY SINGLE GAME I bet the ice-tilt conversations and accusations would dry up in a hurry.

I surely didn't have all these ice-tilt theories back on the 360 and PS3 games...but EVERYTHING that came after that is nothing but that. There are SO MANY things that happen that either don't follow simple logic, or show that "the game" doesn't give a (expletive) about your controller input during SELECT parts of the game. If it's not programmed into the game (as EA claims) then I'd like to know what it is. I will say that all of my troubleshooting steps over the last 6-7 years hasn't indicated a possible problem anywhere else, so I'd REALLY like to know what EA's excuse is for this disaster of a game.

EA...what say you?

It still holds true, as it has since it first became a myth, that ice tilt doesn't exist.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    MdMc11 wrote: »

EA...what say you?

It still holds true, as it has since it first became a myth, that ice tilt doesn't exist.

You know, the best way to put these "claims" to rest is to actually listen to your playerbase for once before you develop the next version of the game. The fact that there have been "claims" as long as there have been should tell you all you need to know about what's happening in the game.

I'm sure not EVERY claim is legit as some people think they should win no matter what for no reason at all. Keep in mind that I get just as pissed and disgusted when I win as I do when I lose because winning and losing are ALWAYS determined by exploiting the game in some way, shape, or form. Whether it be AI that will not react to anything on the ice, player switching that doesn't switch to the CORRECT player, or general seemingly "artificially inserted lag" it is always SOMETHING going on, and I legit never said much about this in the older 360/PS3 games. I just wish NHL Legacy or 15 would be supported with roster updates every year because that was the last NHL game that I could keep in my collection for the WHOLE calendar year.

Get a clue EA. Stop blaming everything on the players and listen to the feedback for once.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1664 posts Member
    edited March 12
    lol nvm, it's not worth it.

Yea, the game is out to get you.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1475 posts Member
    edited March 12

This is for offline squad battles in hut, but the game absolutely is sometimes out to get you. An 84ovr team with 90% garbage but a decent goalie, and a few 90+ players strewn about is somehow harder than a stacked team with all 94+ players?

I still win, but somehow can only muster a 6-2 victory when the previous 40 games I scored 15 to 20 goals a game against the same difficulty? Guess what the only change I made was? I swapped my bronze backup for the 94 Patrick Roy because I finally had enough flexibility to put it a competent backup. Raised my overall from a 92 to a 97. But I guess I must of forgot how to play, along with my entire team ai.

Games like I just played, while maybe 1 in 20, are what drives the entire dda conspiracy. When a stacked squad can't do anything against a garbage team (offline so no, they weren't just better), and your own team actively goes out of their way to block your own shots by either stopping if in a good position to block it or moving into position and stopping or moving their skate or stick into position to block it to make getting shots off even more annoying as the opposing ai is already intercepting everything and passing literally at 100%, makes me wonder. When that same game you can't get a hit, and if you do they are already instantly up and skating away with the puck before you even recover from the hit animation, their goalie miraculously is able to make every cross crease save, when somehow base 82 Yanni gourde and his 74 face off rating is winning every face off against my 98 Iginla with his 97 face off rating, when my fresh mid 90s to 99 speed and acceleration guys are losing distance on low 80s speed guys on break aways while they're supposed to have a speed penalty while in possession of the puck while also being 20 pts slower in speed.

Yeah, games totally not out to get you ever.

*these games are also generally ones where the goalie doesn't get swapped until well after 10 goals are scored. The record I've seen is 88 Lundqvist stuck in net until he let in his 13th goal. Annoying game but not nearly as brutal as the one that just prompted this post.

Team that is apparently better than every 90+ stacked team I've faced.
    https://nhlhutbuilder.com/builder.php?team=9y20zqp33p&tab=starting

Team I used and could only muster a 6-2 win with.

https://nhlhutbuilder.com/builder.php?team=sglk6f1zv9&tab=starting

This is against the ai, and the team had normal standard default strategies for off and def from what I could tell. But apparently a good backup made me incompetent along with my entire team.

Cool.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1664 posts Member
    edited March 12

This is for offline squad battles in hut, but the game absolutely is sometimes out to get you. An 84ovr team with 90% garbage but a decent goalie, and a few 90+ players strewn about is somehow harder than a stacked team with all 94+ players?

I still win, but somehow can only muster a 6-2 victory when the previous 40 games I scored 15 to 20 goals a game against the same difficulty? Guess what the only change I made was? I swapped my bronze backup for the 94 Patrick Roy because I finally had enough flexibility to put it a competent backup. Raised my overall from a 92 to a 97. But I guess I must of forgot how to play, along with my entire team ai.

Games like I just played, while maybe 1 in 20, are what drives the entire dda conspiracy. When a stacked squad can't do anything against a garbage team (offline so no, they weren't just better), and your own team actively goes out of their way to block your own shots by either stopping if in a good position to block it or moving into position and stopping or moving their skate or stick into position to block it to make getting shots off even more annoying as the opposing ai is already intercepting everything and passing literally at 100%, makes me wonder. When that same game you can't get a hit, and if you do they are already instantly up and skating away with the puck before you even recover from the hit animation, their goalie miraculously is able to make every cross crease save, when somehow base 82 Yanni gourde and his 74 face off rating is winning every face off against my 98 Iginla with his 97 face off rating, when my fresh mid 90s to 99 speed and acceleration guys are losing distance on low 80s speed guys on break aways while they're supposed to have a speed penalty while in possession of the puck while also being 20 pts slower in speed.

*these games are also generally ones where the goalie doesn't get swapped until well after 10 goals are scored. The record I've seen is 88 Lundqvist stuck in net until he let in his 13th goal. Annoying game but not nearly as brutal as the one that just prompted this post.

This is against the ai, and the team had normal standard default strategies for off and def from what I could tell. But apparently a good backup made me incompetent along with my entire team.

Cool.

Maybe you're inconsistent in your skill? Sometimes you have an off game, no?

I have off games where I get destroyed by subpar opponents.

I'm never blaming the game for that. That's on me.

• Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1475 posts Member
    edited March 12

Cool.

Maybe you're inconsistent in your skill? Sometimes you have an off game, no?

I have off games where I get destroyed by subpar opponents.

I'm never blaming the game for that. That's on me.

Oh that's it.

It's okay. I remembered how to play on the replay and won 20-2. Totally forgot how to play I guess.

I'm talking offline squad battles here. I play more than enough to recognize when it's me and when it's the game. Couldn't possibly be because I slipped my bronze backup back in and brought my overall back down to 92. Because that mechanic apparently doesn't exist 😂

**it wasn't me that was having the off game, the game was having an off game.
  • lol nvm, it's not worth it.

Hey, since you seem to enjoy trolling anybody who feels like there is a tilt in this game then tell me this. WHY IS IT that when you go through the trouble of doing things to gain "free" coins (games, milestone stats, winning, etc) and you use these coins to buy better players with better stats and better synergies your team will sometimes feel WORSE across the board than they did before you spent all these coins to improve them. They will feel slower, weaker, and just all around less of a player than the ACTUAL lesser players did.

In laymen's terms, my XX-rated players need to ALWAYS act like XX-rated players...nothing more...nothing less. This is simply not the case and I just want to know why. Your XX-rated players should always feel the same no matter who the opponent is. It shouldn't FEEL like there is a dynamic difficulty slider in effect for every game. Good matchmaking should be all the "slider" you need from one game to the next.

Just in case you can't understand what I'm saying, let me use a simple example that many have complained about. "My 95-skating player should NOT be outskated by my 80-skating opponent" Obviously, I am kind of paraphrasing there, but you SHOULD get the point here, and this is an attribute issue across the board for most games.

I want to know why it FEELS that way to many players when YOU say it isn't that way?

• When your team is winning 2-0 with less than 5 mins in regulation and your AI G let’s in two of the weakest goals imaginable to let the other team tie the game.

Yeah there is no “ice tilt”. 😒

Fortunately I ripped one past their human G with 10 secs left to get the hatty and most importantly win the game! 😝
  • My favorite is when you intentionally MAX OUT your strats to apply the maximum amount of pressure needed because you're might be down a goal, and your team stands there and won't do ANYTHING, but your opponent's team is flying around like they all did a line of coke 10 minutes prior. EA, don't sit there and expect us to believe your empty monologue when our eyes see otherwise. Some of us aren't sheep. Care to explain to us why maxing out your strats only works when you say it can EA?

• Yeah there is no “ice tilt”. 😒

Fortunately I ripped one past their human G with 10 secs left to get the hatty and most importantly win the game! 😝

Nice to hear you 'ice tilt it back' with a hatty! 😊👍
  • I have to agree with people saying there is almost a pre determined outcome. In online Play it almost seems like the game will be tilted in your direction for say 4 games. Then it tilts back he other way for the next few. Not because of just being beat but your AI players seem to Play like timbit players. The puck will be in the corner with no other player around and you will watch him power skate away from the puck. You goalie will let in 4 or 5 lame goals . And no matter what you can triple the possession time. The shots and flat out beat up an opponent. His goalie will stand on his head and you will lose by 3. It's rediculas. The game is fun but the AI is garbage. If the tilt wasn't so obvious it would be way better. But when the AI does things all game my 5 year old knew not to do in hockey it's frustrating
  • my favorite is when you are behind 8-1 in 3rd and suddenly there is a lost connection, so i won the game and i got 199 points in hut champ against a 12-1 player lol. it have nothing to do with the rng in game but it still part of the game
  • my favorite is when you are behind 8-1 in 3rd and suddenly there is a lost connection, so i won the game and i got 199 points in hut champ against a 12-1 player lol. it have nothing to do with the rng in game but it still part of the game

And whats best here my friend, is that - you - dont quit out, even if you down with 1-8, thats what will make you better.

My own tip if you down that much, try new stuff, things you usally don't do.. Just to see how it feels.

Gg
  • > @thebrazenhead75 said:
    > When your team is winning 2-0 with less than 5 mins in regulation and your AI G let’s in two of the weakest goals imaginable to let the other team tie the game.
    >
    > Yeah there is no “ice tilt”. 😒
    >
    > Fortunately I ripped one past their human G with 10 secs left to get the hatty and most importantly win the game! 😝

This unrealistic scripted garbage happens all the time. It's a disgrace!!
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    my favorite is when you are behind 8-1 in 3rd and suddenly there is a lost connection, so i won the game and i got 199 points in hut champ against a 12-1 player lol. it have nothing to do with the rng in game but it still part of the game

And whats best here my friend, is that - you - dont quit out, even if you down with 1-8, thats what will make you better.

My own tip if you down that much, try new stuff, things you usally don't do.. Just to see how it feels.

Gg

i never quit. hut champ give 400 rival points each game. i did try many things,the opponent was 100 accuracy in first period,his players 2x faster then mine,,, if you know what i mean