EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

  • Dedicated slider makers at OS see it, I see it, my retired Dad can see it, but it magically doesn’t happen when you play a game at EA Vancouver or have gamer tag that’s associated with an EA employee huh? Come on. These aren’t claims, and it’s not even proof of DDA if you guys would be transparent about it, so just do us a favor and stop treating us like we’re crazy.

    Would you be able to post a video that demonstrates two games looking entirely different despite the same sliders?

    Not saying you're wrong. You're an upstanding member of this community and I genuinely believe you see something and I'd like to get a better perspective.

    Edit: Just to add to this... I don't see anyone on these forums discuss players taking passes in stride and the effect it has on the speed of the game.

    If a team is able to make 2-3 consecutive passes to players in stride, taking advantage of the puck pickup animations, this could give the impression that they are 'faster' than another team who makes successful passes, but reception of those passes forces players to make adjustments against their current trajectory.

    I've had games where a team can rip right through me if I'm letting them make passes to players in stride. On the flip side, I've swarmed opponents with pressure by simply making passes to the right players without impeding their current momentum.

    I believe these things have a huge impact on the overall 'speed' of the game and make it feel like your opponent is 'getting all the bounces'. Conversely, I feel that teams who make consecutive passes to players NOT in stride can give the impression of 'ice tilt' or 'dda' - or the common complaint of "my team is skating in mud".



    This is why video would be important. It would be interesting to see what exactly is happening in your experience that is contributing to the difference in game speeds.

    I wish I could, kid. I have posted videos in 19 and 20 but the problem is I don’t have recording equipment so the best I can do are little 30 second tidbits which doesn’t really capture the feel of what I’m experiencing/seeing which is exactly what I was told in 19 and 20 when I posted them and I kind of agree.

    I still believe this experience is extremely common so I’d rather not buy recording equipment just to prove this thing that probably wouldn’t get fixed regardless. A cynical outlook, yes, but one that is earned imo haha.
  • My favorite is when you intentionally MAX OUT your strats to apply the maximum amount of pressure needed because you're might be down a goal, and your team stands there and won't do ANYTHING, but your opponent's team is flying around like they all did a line of coke 10 minutes prior. EA, don't sit there and expect us to believe your empty monologue when our eyes see otherwise. Some of us aren't sheep. Care to explain to us why maxing out your strats only works when you say it can EA?

    Been posting about this for years, nothing will change lol.
  • Dedicated slider makers at OS see it, I see it, my retired Dad can see it, but it magically doesn’t happen when you play a game at EA Vancouver or have gamer tag that’s associated with an EA employee huh? Come on. These aren’t claims, and it’s not even proof of DDA if you guys would be transparent about it, so just do us a favor and stop treating us like we’re crazy.

    Would you be able to post a video that demonstrates two games looking entirely different despite the same sliders?

    Not saying you're wrong. You're an upstanding member of this community and I genuinely believe you see something and I'd like to get a better perspective.

    Edit: Just to add to this... I don't see anyone on these forums discuss players taking passes in stride and the effect it has on the speed of the game.

    If a team is able to make 2-3 consecutive passes to players in stride, taking advantage of the puck pickup animations, this could give the impression that they are 'faster' than another team who makes successful passes, but reception of those passes forces players to make adjustments against their current trajectory.

    I've had games where a team can rip right through me if I'm letting them make passes to players in stride. On the flip side, I've swarmed opponents with pressure by simply making passes to the right players without impeding their current momentum.

    I believe these things have a huge impact on the overall 'speed' of the game and make it feel like your opponent is 'getting all the bounces'. Conversely, I feel that teams who make consecutive passes to players NOT in stride can give the impression of 'ice tilt' or 'dda' - or the common complaint of "my team is skating in mud".



    This is why video would be important. It would be interesting to see what exactly is happening in your experience that is contributing to the difference in game speeds.

    I wish I could, kid. I have posted videos in 19 and 20 but the problem is I don’t have recording equipment so the best I can do are little 30 second tidbits which doesn’t really capture the feel of what I’m experiencing/seeing which is exactly what I was told in 19 and 20 when I posted them and I kind of agree.

    I still believe this experience is extremely common so I’d rather not buy recording equipment just to prove this thing that probably wouldn’t get fixed regardless. A cynical outlook, yes, but one that is earned imo haha.

    If it makes you feel any better. I 'kinda' know what you talking about.

    If it's that 'air-hockey' feeling we talking about.

    And it's not that easy to 'prove' something thats more a feeling in your players...

    But I mostly (only) play online, and I gotta say that the game been pretty consistent/stable last couple of weeks.

    But this whole thing is a little bit of an mystery hehe.. And I hope we soon can put this behind 😄👍
  • EA_Aljo
    2711 posts EA Community Manager
    Dedicated slider makers at OS see it, I see it, my retired Dad can see it, but it magically doesn’t happen when you play a game at EA Vancouver or have gamer tag that’s associated with an EA employee huh? Come on. These aren’t claims, and it’s not even proof of DDA if you guys would be transparent about it, so just do us a favor and stop treating us like we’re crazy.

    Would you be able to post a video that demonstrates two games looking entirely different despite the same sliders?

    Not saying you're wrong. You're an upstanding member of this community and I genuinely believe you see something and I'd like to get a better perspective.

    Edit: Just to add to this... I don't see anyone on these forums discuss players taking passes in stride and the effect it has on the speed of the game.

    If a team is able to make 2-3 consecutive passes to players in stride, taking advantage of the puck pickup animations, this could give the impression that they are 'faster' than another team who makes successful passes, but reception of those passes forces players to make adjustments against their current trajectory.

    I've had games where a team can rip right through me if I'm letting them make passes to players in stride. On the flip side, I've swarmed opponents with pressure by simply making passes to the right players without impeding their current momentum.

    I believe these things have a huge impact on the overall 'speed' of the game and make it feel like your opponent is 'getting all the bounces'. Conversely, I feel that teams who make consecutive passes to players NOT in stride can give the impression of 'ice tilt' or 'dda' - or the common complaint of "my team is skating in mud".



    This is why video would be important. It would be interesting to see what exactly is happening in your experience that is contributing to the difference in game speeds.

    I wish I could, kid. I have posted videos in 19 and 20 but the problem is I don’t have recording equipment so the best I can do are little 30 second tidbits which doesn’t really capture the feel of what I’m experiencing/seeing which is exactly what I was told in 19 and 20 when I posted them and I kind of agree.

    I still believe this experience is extremely common so I’d rather not buy recording equipment just to prove this thing that probably wouldn’t get fixed regardless. A cynical outlook, yes, but one that is earned imo haha.

    Both consoles offer the ability to record more than 30 seconds at a time.
  • lol nvm, it's not worth it.

    Yea, the game is out to get you.

    Hey, since you seem to enjoy trolling anybody who feels like there is a tilt in this game then tell me this. WHY IS IT that when you go through the trouble of doing things to gain "free" coins (games, milestone stats, winning, etc) and you use these coins to buy better players with better stats and better synergies your team will sometimes feel WORSE across the board than they did before you spent all these coins to improve them. They will feel slower, weaker, and just all around less of a player than the ACTUAL lesser players did.

    In laymen's terms, my XX-rated players need to ALWAYS act like XX-rated players...nothing more...nothing less. This is simply not the case and I just want to know why. Your XX-rated players should always feel the same no matter who the opponent is. It shouldn't FEEL like there is a dynamic difficulty slider in effect for every game. Good matchmaking should be all the "slider" you need from one game to the next.

    Just in case you can't understand what I'm saying, let me use a simple example that many have complained about. "My 95-skating player should NOT be outskated by my 80-skating opponent" Obviously, I am kind of paraphrasing there, but you SHOULD get the point here, and this is an attribute issue across the board for most games.

    I want to know why it FEELS that way to many players when YOU say it isn't that way?

    It's all in your head, to be frank. Not trolling, just providing an observation.
  • lol nvm, it's not worth it.

    Yea, the game is out to get you.

    Hey, since you seem to enjoy trolling anybody who feels like there is a tilt in this game then tell me this. WHY IS IT that when you go through the trouble of doing things to gain "free" coins (games, milestone stats, winning, etc) and you use these coins to buy better players with better stats and better synergies your team will sometimes feel WORSE across the board than they did before you spent all these coins to improve them. They will feel slower, weaker, and just all around less of a player than the ACTUAL lesser players did.

    In laymen's terms, my XX-rated players need to ALWAYS act like XX-rated players...nothing more...nothing less. This is simply not the case and I just want to know why. Your XX-rated players should always feel the same no matter who the opponent is. It shouldn't FEEL like there is a dynamic difficulty slider in effect for every game. Good matchmaking should be all the "slider" you need from one game to the next.

    Just in case you can't understand what I'm saying, let me use a simple example that many have complained about. "My 95-skating player should NOT be outskated by my 80-skating opponent" Obviously, I am kind of paraphrasing there, but you SHOULD get the point here, and this is an attribute issue across the board for most games.

    I want to know why it FEELS that way to many players when YOU say it isn't that way?

    It's all in your head, to be frank. Not trolling, just providing an observation.

    I'm sure many others would disagree with that, and that's actually been observed on the forums here.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1664 posts Member
    edited March 16
    lol nvm, it's not worth it.

    Yea, the game is out to get you.

    Hey, since you seem to enjoy trolling anybody who feels like there is a tilt in this game then tell me this. WHY IS IT that when you go through the trouble of doing things to gain "free" coins (games, milestone stats, winning, etc) and you use these coins to buy better players with better stats and better synergies your team will sometimes feel WORSE across the board than they did before you spent all these coins to improve them. They will feel slower, weaker, and just all around less of a player than the ACTUAL lesser players did.

    In laymen's terms, my XX-rated players need to ALWAYS act like XX-rated players...nothing more...nothing less. This is simply not the case and I just want to know why. Your XX-rated players should always feel the same no matter who the opponent is. It shouldn't FEEL like there is a dynamic difficulty slider in effect for every game. Good matchmaking should be all the "slider" you need from one game to the next.

    Just in case you can't understand what I'm saying, let me use a simple example that many have complained about. "My 95-skating player should NOT be outskated by my 80-skating opponent" Obviously, I am kind of paraphrasing there, but you SHOULD get the point here, and this is an attribute issue across the board for most games.

    I want to know why it FEELS that way to many players when YOU say it isn't that way?

    It's all in your head, to be frank. Not trolling, just providing an observation.

    I'm sure many others would disagree with that, and that's actually been observed on the forums here.

    Yet, there's no video evidence of it.

    I think many of the 'observations' of 'ice tilt' can be boiled down to a lack of ability to contain highly skilled opponents.

    Many of the claims of ice tilt are preceded with a description of how 'dominating' one person is in a particular game only to be beaten via last-ditch effort by the CPU(offline) or human (online).

    It begs the question; does this never happen in the real-world? One could only assume the reason a person cries 'ice tilt' when outshooting/outplaying an opponent and losing is purely because this never happens in real life.. when we all know it does. A lot.
  • Shad0w_S0nic2008
    17 posts Member
    edited March 16
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Dedicated slider makers at OS see it, I see it, my retired Dad can see it, but it magically doesn’t happen when you play a game at EA Vancouver or have gamer tag that’s associated with an EA employee huh? Come on. These aren’t claims, and it’s not even proof of DDA if you guys would be transparent about it, so just do us a favor and stop treating us like we’re crazy.

    Would you be able to post a video that demonstrates two games looking entirely different despite the same sliders?

    Not saying you're wrong. You're an upstanding member of this community and I genuinely believe you see something and I'd like to get a better perspective.

    Edit: Just to add to this... I don't see anyone on these forums discuss players taking passes in stride and the effect it has on the speed of the game.

    If a team is able to make 2-3 consecutive passes to players in stride, taking advantage of the puck pickup animations, this could give the impression that they are 'faster' than another team who makes successful passes, but reception of those passes forces players to make adjustments against their current trajectory.

    I've had games where a team can rip right through me if I'm letting them make passes to players in stride. On the flip side, I've swarmed opponents with pressure by simply making passes to the right players without impeding their current momentum.

    I believe these things have a huge impact on the overall 'speed' of the game and make it feel like your opponent is 'getting all the bounces'. Conversely, I feel that teams who make consecutive passes to players NOT in stride can give the impression of 'ice tilt' or 'dda' - or the common complaint of "my team is skating in mud".



    This is why video would be important. It would be interesting to see what exactly is happening in your experience that is contributing to the difference in game speeds.

    I wish I could, kid. I have posted videos in 19 and 20 but the problem is I don’t have recording equipment so the best I can do are little 30 second tidbits which doesn’t really capture the feel of what I’m experiencing/seeing which is exactly what I was told in 19 and 20 when I posted them and I kind of agree.

    I still believe this experience is extremely common so I’d rather not buy recording equipment just to prove this thing that probably wouldn’t get fixed regardless. A cynical outlook, yes, but one that is earned imo haha.

    Both consoles offer the ability to record more than 30 seconds at a time.

    Both consoles allow only up to 60 seconds of recording. Hardly the amount of time needed to convey the ebb and flow of an entire game.

    If you ask me, the #1 reason why people complain about this game is the Toxicity. Having a legitimate complaint turns into; "you hate because you're bad and I'm good". And there's nothing EA does about it. Either in the game itself or on these forums. Sadly, you guys allow it to happen. You nurture this toxicity.

    And so the community will always be apprehensive and hostile towards you. You can't ask people to expose their problems if they feel all that's gonna happen is that you, or a few others, will simply dismiss the issue and blame it on them. Even in the game, the very few times I've played, players are often very hostile and toxic if you even think of bringing up an issue that you have with the game in general or the way they play. And if you do, it's always "I'm better than you, so shut up or stop playing".

    I've always believed that it's easy and effortless to find someone to blame for a problem. It takes much more patience, knowledge and experience to be able to find a solution to it. People don't want to know why it happened. They want to know what you can do to fix it.

  • EA_Aljo
    2711 posts EA Community Manager
    @Shad0w_S0nic2008

    Which system are you on? I'll find those instructions online for you. Both consoles can record a lot more than 60 seconds.

  • lol nvm, it's not worth it.

    Yea, the game is out to get you.

    Hey, since you seem to enjoy trolling anybody who feels like there is a tilt in this game then tell me this. WHY IS IT that when you go through the trouble of doing things to gain "free" coins (games, milestone stats, winning, etc) and you use these coins to buy better players with better stats and better synergies your team will sometimes feel WORSE across the board than they did before you spent all these coins to improve them. They will feel slower, weaker, and just all around less of a player than the ACTUAL lesser players did.

    In laymen's terms, my XX-rated players need to ALWAYS act like XX-rated players...nothing more...nothing less. This is simply not the case and I just want to know why. Your XX-rated players should always feel the same no matter who the opponent is. It shouldn't FEEL like there is a dynamic difficulty slider in effect for every game. Good matchmaking should be all the "slider" you need from one game to the next.

    Just in case you can't understand what I'm saying, let me use a simple example that many have complained about. "My 95-skating player should NOT be outskated by my 80-skating opponent" Obviously, I am kind of paraphrasing there, but you SHOULD get the point here, and this is an attribute issue across the board for most games.

    I want to know why it FEELS that way to many players when YOU say it isn't that way?

    It's all in your head, to be frank. Not trolling, just providing an observation.

    I'm sure many others would disagree with that, and that's actually been observed on the forums here.

    Yet, there's no video evidence of it.

    I think many of the 'observations' of 'ice tilt' can be boiled down to a lack of ability to contain highly skilled opponents.

    Many of the claims of ice tilt are preceded with a description of how 'dominating' one person is in a particular game only to be beaten via last-ditch effort by the CPU(offline) or human (online).

    It begs the question; does this never happen in the real-world? One could only assume the reason a person cries 'ice tilt' when outshooting/outplaying an opponent and losing is purely because this never happens in real life.. when we all know it does. A lot.

    Alot of people plays 'the very exact way', almost identical as one another, but then eventually they meet up against someone that dosent play after the 'book of meta' and all of a sudden the stuff that usually work, is no longer working.
  • untouchable_BF1
    1194 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Last time video evidence was recorded it was blown off. Idk how you can claim to play this game and not see the animation difference at faceoffs lol. Sometimes they snap wildly out to a side, sometimes they place their stick out to a side like a normal human being. If you don’t realize that or haven’t seen it, you don’t want to see it or lack even the faintest of observation skills.

    When the players “snap” you know the game is going to be played at a frantic pace. This the same game that claims users and AI are held to the same physics standards and have the same abilities telling me the change of pace is in my head? Same game that showed legends raising a cup in 19? I’ll trust my head, thanks lol.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1664 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Last time video evidence was recorded it was blown off.

    Can you specifically point to the evidence and where it was 'blown off'?
    Idk how you can claim to play this game and not see the animation difference at faceoffs lol. Sometimes they snap wildly out to a side, sometimes they place their stick out to a side like a normal human being. If you don’t realize that or haven’t seen it, you don’t want to see it or lack even the faintest of observation skills.

    Can you provide a video of exactly what you're talking about? Just because we can't seem to derive what it is you're explaining doesn't mean we "don't want to see it" or have a "lack of observation skills"

    If I recall correctly, I've asked you for video evidence of things that you have difficulty describing with no response.


    When the players “snap” you know the game is going to be played at a frantic pace. This the same game that claims users and AI are held to the same physics standards and have the same abilities telling me the change of pace is in my head? Same game that showed legends raising a cup in 19? I’ll trust my head, thanks lol.

    Again - you need to either do a better job explaining what 'SNAP' is or provide some video evidence.

    I've played over 400 games of NHL 21 between EASHL, OVP and the odd HUT game when I really want to punish myself - and I don't understand what you mean by 'snap' animations nor do I understand what you mean by animation differences in faceoffs.

    Video would go a long way to helping us see these issues that only you seem to be able to observe.

  • Shad0w_S0nic2008
    17 posts Member
    edited March 16
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @Shad0w_S0nic2008

    Which system are you on? I'll find those instructions online for you. Both consoles can record a lot more than 60 seconds.

    At 1080p SDR, the Xbox can record up to 60 seconds of gameplay. I don't need instructions, says so right there in the options under PREFERENCES, Capture & Share. I, fortunately, do have capture hardware and software, so I can share a pic of it below:
    kbfcxduw05xv.png

    At 720p SDR, you can capture up to 180 seconds. Maybe you can capture more if you lower the resolution (if your monitor supports it), but hardly enough to capture an entire game. The playstation has higher recording times available, but I suppose it must also eat up a huge chunk of your HDD at the higher resolutions. But the PS5 can go up to 60 minutes:

    https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/How_to_Capture_and_Record_Video_on_Your_PS5

    I don't think you are wrong though as at some point I do remember the Xbox did allow something like 20 or 30 minutes of recording at 720p, but that might have changed in recent updates seeing as how hard drive space is at a premium now that game sizes have exploded.
  • untouchable_BF1
    1194 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Last time video evidence was recorded it was blown off.

    Can you specifically point to the evidence and where it was 'blown off'?
    Idk how you can claim to play this game and not see the animation difference at faceoffs lol. Sometimes they snap wildly out to a side, sometimes they place their stick out to a side like a normal human being. If you don’t realize that or haven’t seen it, you don’t want to see it or lack even the faintest of observation skills.

    Can you provide a video of exactly what you're talking about? Just because we can't seem to derive what it is you're explaining doesn't mean we "don't want to see it" or have a "lack of observation skills"

    If I recall correctly, I've asked you for video evidence of things that you have difficulty describing with no response.


    When the players “snap” you know the game is going to be played at a frantic pace. This the same game that claims users and AI are held to the same physics standards and have the same abilities telling me the change of pace is in my head? Same game that showed legends raising a cup in 19? I’ll trust my head, thanks lol.

    Again - you need to either do a better job explaining what 'SNAP' is or provide some video evidence.

    I've played over 400 games of NHL 21 between EASHL, OVP and the odd HUT game when I really want to punish myself - and I don't understand what you mean by 'snap' animations nor do I understand what you mean by animation differences in faceoffs.

    Video would go a long way to helping us see these issues that only you seem to be able to observe.

    It’s all over OS lol, you think this is a “me” issue? On the contrary, this “non-issue” only appears in retail copies of the game apparently.

    Running my own league and slider testing, I bet I’m close 700-800 games in for 21, plus the same story on both 20 and 19. The animation to place your stick (hold RS out to pick a side for the faceoff) will be either really fast (snap) or it will be at a normal human speed. It’s been an easy way (one of many) to tell what state the game is in.

    Game speed variations happen in both NHL and FIFA. They’ve been happening in NHL and FIFA for years. If EA wanted to fix it, or wanted to truly be transparent about it, they would’ve by now. This isn’t “ice tilt” it has no impact on success of one team or user, it just simply changes how easy or hard it’s going to be to score globally. Shot accuracy skyrockets, passes don’t get bobbled, fatigue means nothing, I’m definitely not the only one experiencing these issues offline.

    It’s a shame. Game would be a half if not a full step more enjoyable if this didn’t exist. Slider voodoo, “bezerk mode” on OS, even “ice tilt” people are probably referring to this phenomenon that again only affects retail copies magically. People haven’t been talking about “stuck in mud” and other game speed inconsistency issues for 10+ years due to placebo lol. You know how I know? Most of these people play other sports games that don’t do this, otherwise they’d recognize it there too. Madden, NCAA, 2k, PES, the show all don’t have threads about “stuck in mud” or “bezerk mode” or any other variation of the same issue on their forums/OS because it doesn’t exist in those games. You know what games have it? FIFA and NHL. FIFA’s direct competition, one that has many users that play both games, can’t seem to find “stuck in mud” issues in PES but they can FIFA. Why? Because it’s not placebo.
  • EA_Aljo
    2711 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @Shad0w_S0nic2008

    Which system are you on? I'll find those instructions online for you. Both consoles can record a lot more than 60 seconds.

    At 1080p SDR, the Xbox can record up to 60 seconds of gameplay. I don't need instructions, says so right there in the options under PREFERENCES, Capture & Share. I, fortunately, do have capture hardware and software, so I can share a pic of it below:
    kbfcxduw05xv.png

    At 720p SDR, you can capture up to 180 seconds. Maybe you can capture more if you lower the resolution (if your monitor supports it), but hardly enough to capture an entire game. The playstation has higher recording times available, but I suppose it must also eat up a huge chunk of your HDD at the higher resolutions. But the PS5 can go up to 60 minutes:

    https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/How_to_Capture_and_Record_Video_on_Your_PS5

    I don't think you are wrong though as at some point I do remember the Xbox did allow something like 20 or 30 minutes of recording at 720p, but that might have changed in recent updates seeing as how hard drive space is at a premium now that game sizes have exploded.

    Under Game clip resolution on the Xbox One X I'm on now, it says 5 minutes max for 720 SDR. Maybe, this changes based on the model or hard drive capacity. I'm really not sure. Regardless, I wasn't aware the recording limits had changed. 60 seconds is still a decent amount, but I understand if you feel it's not enough to show us what you're concerned about. If you're ever able to get that video, let us know.
  • Shad0w_S0nic2008
    17 posts Member
    edited March 16
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @Shad0w_S0nic2008

    Which system are you on? I'll find those instructions online for you. Both consoles can record a lot more than 60 seconds.

    At 1080p SDR, the Xbox can record up to 60 seconds of gameplay. I don't need instructions, says so right there in the options under PREFERENCES, Capture & Share. I, fortunately, do have capture hardware and software, so I can share a pic of it below:
    kbfcxduw05xv.png

    At 720p SDR, you can capture up to 180 seconds. Maybe you can capture more if you lower the resolution (if your monitor supports it), but hardly enough to capture an entire game. The playstation has higher recording times available, but I suppose it must also eat up a huge chunk of your HDD at the higher resolutions. But the PS5 can go up to 60 minutes:

    https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/How_to_Capture_and_Record_Video_on_Your_PS5

    I don't think you are wrong though as at some point I do remember the Xbox did allow something like 20 or 30 minutes of recording at 720p, but that might have changed in recent updates seeing as how hard drive space is at a premium now that game sizes have exploded.

    Under Game clip resolution on the Xbox One X I'm on now, it says 5 minutes max for 720 SDR. Maybe, this changes based on the model or hard drive capacity. I'm really not sure. Regardless, I wasn't aware the recording limits had changed. 60 seconds is still a decent amount, but I understand if you feel it's not enough to show us what you're concerned about. If you're ever able to get that video, let us know.

    It's possible. I'm also in the Xbox Insider program, in the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring, so it's possible I have an update that's several months ahead of what you or anyone else has.

    But just to be clear, I'm on Xbox One Series X (1TB SSD), but I send my clips to my External 4TB HDD so that shouldn't be a problem. Though if I wanted to capture something, I could just use my Elgato to record gameplay at 4K resolution on my PC and share it on Youtube. But why would I want to subject myself more than I have to playing this game?

    No. I was more trying to assist @untouchable_BF1 who isn't able to record full games to be able to show you what he means. I was also trying to put into perspective why it is that people are negative towards EA (the toxicity and where it comes from), but that got ignored real quick it seems. Doesn't matter. It's all good. ;)
  • lol nvm, it's not worth it.

    Yea, the game is out to get you.

    Hey, since you seem to enjoy trolling anybody who feels like there is a tilt in this game then tell me this. WHY IS IT that when you go through the trouble of doing things to gain "free" coins (games, milestone stats, winning, etc) and you use these coins to buy better players with better stats and better synergies your team will sometimes feel WORSE across the board than they did before you spent all these coins to improve them. They will feel slower, weaker, and just all around less of a player than the ACTUAL lesser players did.

    In laymen's terms, my XX-rated players need to ALWAYS act like XX-rated players...nothing more...nothing less. This is simply not the case and I just want to know why. Your XX-rated players should always feel the same no matter who the opponent is. It shouldn't FEEL like there is a dynamic difficulty slider in effect for every game. Good matchmaking should be all the "slider" you need from one game to the next.

    Just in case you can't understand what I'm saying, let me use a simple example that many have complained about. "My 95-skating player should NOT be outskated by my 80-skating opponent" Obviously, I am kind of paraphrasing there, but you SHOULD get the point here, and this is an attribute issue across the board for most games.

    I want to know why it FEELS that way to many players when YOU say it isn't that way?

    It's all in your head, to be frank. Not trolling, just providing an observation.

    I'm sure many others would disagree with that, and that's actually been observed on the forums here.

    Yet, there's no video evidence of it.

    I think many of the 'observations' of 'ice tilt' can be boiled down to a lack of ability to contain highly skilled opponents.

    Many of the claims of ice tilt are preceded with a description of how 'dominating' one person is in a particular game only to be beaten via last-ditch effort by the CPU(offline) or human (online).

    It begs the question; does this never happen in the real-world? One could only assume the reason a person cries 'ice tilt' when outshooting/outplaying an opponent and losing is purely because this never happens in real life.. when we all know it does. A lot.

    Getting beaten down by a highly skilled opponent isn't the exact same thing that I'm talking about, although dealing with that on top of "DDA/ice-tilt/whatever" is really frustrating.

    My main complaint is with how different your team/players react to your controller input on a game-by-game and minute-by-minute basis. It really feels like a day and night difference too, and really the only way to capture it yourself is to either be the one holding the controller, or you MAY be able to superimpose what you're doing with the controller on top of the actual game-play video.

    Either way, the point I want to have focus on is that it isn't what your opponent does that makes these theories pop. It's the lack of team/player response to MY controller in every attribute at weird random times for no apparent reason that boils my blood. At that point you're being limited by "things that make you go hmmm" and maybe not your opponent.

    To be fair I've won my share of games that look like this except my opponent's entire team doesn't appear to be responding very well to anything, so it goes both ways. It should NOT be going in "any" way though because that's where all of these theories come from.

    I think this game would be REALLY fun if my opponent's skill was the only thing I'm playing against (and vice-versa)
  • j0rtsu67
    615 posts Member
    edited March 16
    OT: how to record up to 60 minutes on Xbox One, link to YouTube very good video, 3:36 minutes.
    You need an external USB 3.0 stick(/hdd/ssd). One full game in 1080p30 takes less than 2Gb so 32Gb or 64Gb stick is more than enough. Those clips are not able to upload via Xbox, you need to connect the stick to PC to do that.
    Post edited by j0rtsu67 on
  • lol nvm, it's not worth it.

    Yea, the game is out to get you.

    Hey, since you seem to enjoy trolling anybody who feels like there is a tilt in this game then tell me this. WHY IS IT that when you go through the trouble of doing things to gain "free" coins (games, milestone stats, winning, etc) and you use these coins to buy better players with better stats and better synergies your team will sometimes feel WORSE across the board than they did before you spent all these coins to improve them. They will feel slower, weaker, and just all around less of a player than the ACTUAL lesser players did.

    In laymen's terms, my XX-rated players need to ALWAYS act like XX-rated players...nothing more...nothing less. This is simply not the case and I just want to know why. Your XX-rated players should always feel the same no matter who the opponent is. It shouldn't FEEL like there is a dynamic difficulty slider in effect for every game. Good matchmaking should be all the "slider" you need from one game to the next.

    Just in case you can't understand what I'm saying, let me use a simple example that many have complained about. "My 95-skating player should NOT be outskated by my 80-skating opponent" Obviously, I am kind of paraphrasing there, but you SHOULD get the point here, and this is an attribute issue across the board for most games.

    I want to know why it FEELS that way to many players when YOU say it isn't that way?

    It's all in your head, to be frank. Not trolling, just providing an observation.

    I'm sure many others would disagree with that, and that's actually been observed on the forums here.

    Yet, there's no video evidence of it.

    I think many of the 'observations' of 'ice tilt' can be boiled down to a lack of ability to contain highly skilled opponents.

    Many of the claims of ice tilt are preceded with a description of how 'dominating' one person is in a particular game only to be beaten via last-ditch effort by the CPU(offline) or human (online).

    It begs the question; does this never happen in the real-world? One could only assume the reason a person cries 'ice tilt' when outshooting/outplaying an opponent and losing is purely because this never happens in real life.. when we all know it does. A lot.

    Getting beaten down by a highly skilled opponent isn't the exact same thing that I'm talking about, although dealing with that on top of "DDA/ice-tilt/whatever" is really frustrating.

    My main complaint is with how different your team/players react to your controller input on a game-by-game and minute-by-minute basis. It really feels like a day and night difference too, and really the only way to capture it yourself is to either be the one holding the controller, or you MAY be able to superimpose what you're doing with the controller on top of the actual game-play video.

    Either way, the point I want to have focus on is that it isn't what your opponent does that makes these theories pop. It's the lack of team/player response to MY controller in every attribute at weird random times for no apparent reason that boils my blood. At that point you're being limited by "things that make you go hmmm" and maybe not your opponent.

    To be fair I've won my share of games that look like this except my opponent's entire team doesn't appear to be responding very well to anything, so it goes both ways. It should NOT be going in "any" way though because that's where all of these theories come from.

    I think this game would be REALLY fun if my opponent's skill was the only thing I'm playing against (and vice-versa)

    While I have never believed in “ice tilt” at all I am noticing what is described here more and more this year, mostly in rivals as that’s what I have been playing most. I did also notice it in SB as I played more of that mode recently to get the free 94.
    The most fun I have this year is when I’m lucky enough that myself and 5 friends are all on at the same time and we play 3’s in a private lobby, no AI to worry about.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1664 posts Member
    edited March 17

    It’s all over OS lol, you think this is a “me” issue? On the contrary, this “non-issue” only appears in retail copies of the game apparently.

    I never said it was a you issue. All I said was that you should be able to provide video proof of these things you say are happening but you still can't do that. I don't visit 'OS' - so maybe you can share some of the video provided there?

    Running my own league and slider testing, I bet I’m close 700-800 games in for 21, plus the same story on both 20 and 19. The animation to place your stick (hold RS out to pick a side for the faceoff) will be either really fast (snap) or it will be at a normal human speed. It’s been an easy way (one of many) to tell what state the game is in.

    Can you not provide a simple 5 second clip of these instances and to showcase the difference between them?



    Game speed variations happen in both NHL and FIFA. They’ve been happening in NHL and FIFA for years. If EA wanted to fix it, or wanted to truly be transparent about it, they would’ve by now. This isn’t “ice tilt” it has no impact on success of one team or user, it just simply changes how easy or hard it’s going to be to score globally. Shot accuracy skyrockets, passes don’t get bobbled, fatigue means nothing, I’m definitely not the only one experiencing these issues offline.

    Can you provide a simple 10 second clip from each of these game states to showcase the difference?
    People haven’t been talking about “stuck in mud” and other game speed inconsistency issues for 10+ years due to placebo lol.

    Stuck in the Mud typically refers to high latency online modes. If you're experiencing a 'stuck in the mud' offline, chances are you're pulling players out of position, making them receive passes while having to shift or reverse their momentum and/or you're running lines too long and fatiguing them.

    You know how I know? Most of these people play other sports games that don’t do this, otherwise they’d recognize it there too. Madden, NCAA, 2k, PES, the show all don’t have threads about “stuck in mud” or “bezerk mode” or any other variation of the same issue on their forums/OS because it doesn’t exist in those games. You know what games have it? FIFA and NHL. FIFA’s direct competition, one that has many users that play both games, can’t seem to find “stuck in mud” issues in PES but they can FIFA. Why? Because it’s not placebo.


    Okay so you listed 3 Football games and one soccer game.

    Football does not equal hockey. I'm honestly shocked anyone would compare the two, to be honest. Players skating on ice is a completely different ballgame than football players running on a field in pre-determined routes....

    I can't speak to PES - obviously they run a different engine.

    In any case, the 'stuck in the mud' doesn't ever happen to me unless there's high latency.

    Any time I've played offline modes, they've been incredibly smooth and responsive when taking in to consideration the attributes of the players I'm playing with.

    Again - if these things happen to you and everyone else with the consistency you say it's happening, there would be countless videos showcasing the difference in gameplay from one game to another.

    As of now, not a single person making these claims has put in the effort to prove them by uploading a simple clip of two games that show this difference in gameplay.

    If I were in the scenario where I witnessed the game radically change from game to game, you're damn right I'd be putting videos together to PROVE my point rather than tell people they're not seeing it because they're "not observant enough"
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!