EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

  • untouchable_BF1
    1518 posts Member
    edited March 17

    It’s all over OS lol, you think this is a “me” issue? On the contrary, this “non-issue” only appears in retail copies of the game apparently.

    I never said it was a you issue. All I said was that you should be able to provide video proof of these things you say are happening but you still can't do that. I don't visit 'OS' - so maybe you can share some of the video provided there?

    Running my own league and slider testing, I bet I’m close 700-800 games in for 21, plus the same story on both 20 and 19. The animation to place your stick (hold RS out to pick a side for the faceoff) will be either really fast (snap) or it will be at a normal human speed. It’s been an easy way (one of many) to tell what state the game is in.

    Can you not provide a simple 5 second clip of these instances and to showcase the difference between them?



    Game speed variations happen in both NHL and FIFA. They’ve been happening in NHL and FIFA for years. If EA wanted to fix it, or wanted to truly be transparent about it, they would’ve by now. This isn’t “ice tilt” it has no impact on success of one team or user, it just simply changes how easy or hard it’s going to be to score globally. Shot accuracy skyrockets, passes don’t get bobbled, fatigue means nothing, I’m definitely not the only one experiencing these issues offline.

    Can you provide a simple 10 second clip from each of these game states to showcase the difference?
    People haven’t been talking about “stuck in mud” and other game speed inconsistency issues for 10+ years due to placebo lol.

    Stuck in the Mud typically refers to high latency online modes. If you're experiencing a 'stuck in the mud' offline, chances are you're pulling players out of position, making them receive passes while having to shift or reverse their momentum and/or you're running lines too long and fatiguing them.

    You know how I know? Most of these people play other sports games that don’t do this, otherwise they’d recognize it there too. Madden, NCAA, 2k, PES, the show all don’t have threads about “stuck in mud” or “bezerk mode” or any other variation of the same issue on their forums/OS because it doesn’t exist in those games. You know what games have it? FIFA and NHL. FIFA’s direct competition, one that has many users that play both games, can’t seem to find “stuck in mud” issues in PES but they can FIFA. Why? Because it’s not placebo.


    Okay so you listed 3 Football games and one soccer game.

    Football does not equal hockey. I'm honestly shocked anyone would compare the two, to be honest. Players skating on ice is a completely different ballgame than football players running on a field in pre-determined routes....

    I can't speak to PES - obviously they run a different engine.

    In any case, the 'stuck in the mud' doesn't ever happen to me unless there's high latency.

    Any time I've played offline modes, they've been incredibly smooth and responsive when taking in to consideration the attributes of the players I'm playing with.

    Again - if these things happen to you and everyone else with the consistency you say it's happening, there would be countless videos showcasing the difference in gameplay from one game to another.

    As of now, not a single person making these claims has put in the effort to prove them by uploading a simple clip of two games that show this difference in gameplay.

    If I were in the scenario where I witnessed the game radically change from game to game, you're damn right I'd be putting videos together to PROVE my point rather than tell people they're not seeing it because they're "not observant enough"

    Lol dude, I’m comparing how video games are experienced, not the differences between game engines. Like what? What are you even getting at? Movement and game speed can be compared across genres even as it’s so fundamental. In every other sports game I’ve played, the game doesn’t play at a different speed depending on the day. That can easily be compared, so you’re just trying to fight to fight with that “point” as it makes zero sense.

    And they do happen this often. There’s a 15 page thread, and like two 3-8 page threads all detailing this issue on OS from people who play a variety of sports games. Go play offline for an hour, change some sliders up, see the difference for yourself. All the mitigation techniques (that fail most of the time) I’ve listed here are on there. Huge offline-only people that literally don’t go online in this game detailing the EXACT things I mention.

    There is no reason to fall on the sword for this totally not real issue that every slider maker (who also make sliders in other major sports games and would clearly have the experience and eye to know something is up) experiences while playing NHL lol. And I have posted videos before in NHL 19/20. Was told they couldn’t tell. They investigated, found no issue. So what’s the incentive for me to continue posting lol?

    If you think I’m crazy, just ignore me like EA ignores this problem. You’re an online only player who doesn’t put the time or effort into slider making, tweaking, getting offline into a playable state. You don’t have the experience to tell me and others that we’re wrong. You haven’t played 1000+ offline games for the last 3 years. This issue doesn’t even affect you, so why fight me on it? Makes no sense.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited March 17
    In every other sports game I’ve played, the game doesn’t play at a different speed depending on the day. That can easily be compared, so you’re just trying to fight to fight with that “point” as it makes zero sense.

    If it's so easy to show that the game speed is different "depending on the day" then just prove it with video already. I don't understand why it's so hard to prove something that is apparently such a problem?

    And they do happen this often. There’s a 15 page thread, and like two 3-8 page threads all detailing this issue on OS from people who play a variety of sports games

    Yet still.. not a SINGLE video proving anything. Lots of talk but no proof.
    . Go play offline for an hour, change some sliders up, see the difference for yourself. All the mitigation techniques (that fail most of the time) I’ve listed here are on there. Huge offline-only people that literally don’t go online in this game detailing the EXACT things I mention.

    They're detailing it but providing no video evidence. This is where I'm losing you. Again - if these issues are as prominent as you say it should be easy to compare videos and prove this is, in fact, the case.

    Why is that not being done?

    There is no reason to fall on the sword for this totally not real issue that every slider maker (who also make sliders in other major sports games and would clearly have the experience and eye to know something is up) experiences while playing NHL lol. And I have posted videos before in NHL 19/20. Was told they couldn’t tell. They investigated, found no issue. So what’s the incentive for me to continue posting lol?

    Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you're wrong? I understand there are offline only people who are adamant that there are these issues you're describing, but again - provide some video evidence.

    If the evidence provided shows nothing, then maybe there's nothing there?

    If you think I’m crazy, just ignore me like EA ignores this problem. You’re an online only player who doesn’t put the time or effort into slider making, tweaking, getting offline into a playable state. You don’t have the experience to tell me and others that we’re wrong. You haven’t played 1000+ offline games for the last 3 years. This issue doesn’t even affect you, so why fight me on it? Makes no sense.

    First of all, I'm not calling you crazy.

    You're talking about games having a different speed "depending on the day" and I think you're wrong. I don't think you're taking everything in to consideration and furthermore, I find it telling that you can't provide a simple video showcasing these major differences in one game to another.

    I say this with all due respect. You're an upstanding poster on these forums.

    I'm simply asking you to provide some tangible proof that these things are happening. I don't understand why it's so difficult to reproduce an issue you have so often in order to provide video of what's going on.



  • Socair
    2796 posts Game Changer
    Personal call outs are not permitted or acceptable. This has been stated many times on these boards and most of you regulars know this. Read the forum rules here https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/259274/ea-forums-guidelines-rules-updated-june-2020
  • untouchable_BF1
    1518 posts Member
    edited March 17
    In every other sports game I’ve played, the game doesn’t play at a different speed depending on the day. That can easily be compared, so you’re just trying to fight to fight with that “point” as it makes zero sense.

    If it's so easy to show that the game speed is different "depending on the day" then just prove it with video already. I don't understand why it's so hard to prove something that is apparently such a problem?

    And they do happen this often. There’s a 15 page thread, and like two 3-8 page threads all detailing this issue on OS from people who play a variety of sports games

    Yet still.. not a SINGLE video proving anything. Lots of talk but no proof.
    . Go play offline for an hour, change some sliders up, see the difference for yourself. All the mitigation techniques (that fail most of the time) I’ve listed here are on there. Huge offline-only people that literally don’t go online in this game detailing the EXACT things I mention.

    They're detailing it but providing no video evidence. This is where I'm losing you. Again - if these issues are as prominent as you say it should be easy to compare videos and prove this is, in fact, the case.

    Why is that not being done?

    There is no reason to fall on the sword for this totally not real issue that every slider maker (who also make sliders in other major sports games and would clearly have the experience and eye to know something is up) experiences while playing NHL lol. And I have posted videos before in NHL 19/20. Was told they couldn’t tell. They investigated, found no issue. So what’s the incentive for me to continue posting lol?

    Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you're wrong? I understand there are offline only people who are adamant that there are these issues you're describing, but again - provide some video evidence.

    If the evidence provided shows nothing, then maybe there's nothing there?

    If you think I’m crazy, just ignore me like EA ignores this problem. You’re an online only player who doesn’t put the time or effort into slider making, tweaking, getting offline into a playable state. You don’t have the experience to tell me and others that we’re wrong. You haven’t played 1000+ offline games for the last 3 years. This issue doesn’t even affect you, so why fight me on it? Makes no sense.

    First of all, I'm not calling you crazy.

    You're talking about games having a different speed "depending on the day" and I think you're wrong. I don't think you're taking everything in to consideration and furthermore, I find it telling that you can't provide a simple video showcasing these major differences in one game to another.

    I say this with all due respect. You're an upstanding poster on these forums.

    I'm simply asking you to provide some tangible proof that these things are happening. I don't understand why it's so difficult to reproduce an issue you have so often in order to provide video of what's going on.



    I’ve stated that there’s been video evidence posted and it was stated that it lead to nothing. So what’s the incentive to post again? You don’t get a 15 page thread on OS because it’s not real man. Idk what to tell you. I don’t need to prove to you that I’m right, I’ll let the hardcore offline guys experience and my own personal experience speak for itself. Never seen a thread with so much activity on OS over something that wasn’t legit. That just doesn’t happen over there. Literally you have people posting videos over there on their own slider threads showing the differences, they are actively saving 4-5 different slider sets, constantly changing meaningless sliders like “fight difficulty” to keep the game state consistent. Hard powering off before every game also is accepted as a decent strategy. All this work, all these random mitigation techniques over something that apparently doesn’t exist.

    You’re right though. It’s just fictional. I’ll go back to yelling at the sky.
  • Confusion2000
    286 posts Member
    edited March 19
    THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:

    So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???

    Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???

    Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?

    It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.

    At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.

    PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.
    Post edited by Confusion2000 on
  • > @Confusion2000 said:
    > THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:
    >
    > So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?
    >
    > It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.
    >
    > At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
    >
    > PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.

    It's called :scripting", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have literally had pucks go right through me while defending a 2 on 1 for scripted goals. EA already decides "programs" a goal is going to happen before the play is actually executed, hence why pucks go right through defenders and why your user is "conveniently" manipulated at times. I could literally sit here for hours and give you examples of why this game downright unenjoyable, unplayable, and an utter disgrace to the sports gaming world.
  • Great opportunity to get your 'voice' heard.

    https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/270598/lets-talk-feedback-on-playing-real-hockey#latest

    Help us help the developers, to get our understanding how 'real hockey' can be played.

    All tough I suggest to leave the talk about scripting and all that out of it. I dont think that will bring so much to 'the table'.

    But please come with good constructive suggestion of how 'you' think this game can step up to next level.
  • EA_Aljo
    3200 posts EA Community Manager
    > @Confusion2000 said:
    > THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:
    >
    > So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?
    >
    > It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.
    >
    > At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
    >
    > PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.

    It's called :scripting", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have literally had pucks go right through me while defending a 2 on 1 for scripted goals. EA already decides "programs" a goal is going to happen before the play is actually executed, hence why pucks go right through defenders and why your user is "conveniently" manipulated at times. I could literally sit here for hours and give you examples of why this game downright unenjoyable, unplayable, and an utter disgrace to the sports gaming world.

    There is no scripting. If you're seeing pucks pass through defenders, get us some video. If pucks are passing through sticks, there's an excellent chance it's due to being interrupted by their stick passing through another player/object or another player's stick is interfering with the play.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    > @Confusion2000 said:
    > THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:
    >
    > So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?
    >
    > It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.
    >
    > At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
    >
    > PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.

    It's called :scripting", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have literally had pucks go right through me while defending a 2 on 1 for scripted goals. EA already decides "programs" a goal is going to happen before the play is actually executed, hence why pucks go right through defenders and why your user is "conveniently" manipulated at times. I could literally sit here for hours and give you examples of why this game downright unenjoyable, unplayable, and an utter disgrace to the sports gaming world.

    There is no scripting. If you're seeing pucks pass through defenders, get us some video. If pucks are passing through sticks, there's an excellent chance it's due to being interrupted by their stick passing through another player/object or another player's stick is interfering with the play.

    Can you give/find more details on the non-existant stick feature? Specifically just when a stick is in/through a player/goalie or can boards net etc trigger it too? Once its triggered what causes the recovery and how quickly? Is it just instantly back once contact is over or an input needed to refresh the condition etc.
  • you know i like the game a lot but there is an evidence now,the game is playing for us at some point in the game...s o if there is not tilt,dda or what ever,can EA at least decrease the rng in this game so we feel more our input from the controller?
  • EA_Aljo
    3200 posts EA Community Manager
    jrago73 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    > @Confusion2000 said:
    > THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:
    >
    > So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?
    >
    > It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.
    >
    > At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
    >
    > PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.

    It's called :scripting", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have literally had pucks go right through me while defending a 2 on 1 for scripted goals. EA already decides "programs" a goal is going to happen before the play is actually executed, hence why pucks go right through defenders and why your user is "conveniently" manipulated at times. I could literally sit here for hours and give you examples of why this game downright unenjoyable, unplayable, and an utter disgrace to the sports gaming world.

    There is no scripting. If you're seeing pucks pass through defenders, get us some video. If pucks are passing through sticks, there's an excellent chance it's due to being interrupted by their stick passing through another player/object or another player's stick is interfering with the play.

    Can you give/find more details on the non-existant stick feature? Specifically just when a stick is in/through a player/goalie or can boards net etc trigger it too? Once its triggered what causes the recovery and how quickly? Is it just instantly back once contact is over or an input needed to refresh the condition etc.

    When a stick passes through a body or object, it can't make contact with the puck for a moment. I don't have the exact length of time, but it's very brief. About the amount of time it would take for a real player to get back into position.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    > @Confusion2000 said:
    > THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:
    >
    > So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?
    >
    > It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.
    >
    > At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
    >
    > PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.

    It's called :scripting", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have literally had pucks go right through me while defending a 2 on 1 for scripted goals. EA already decides "programs" a goal is going to happen before the play is actually executed, hence why pucks go right through defenders and why your user is "conveniently" manipulated at times. I could literally sit here for hours and give you examples of why this game downright unenjoyable, unplayable, and an utter disgrace to the sports gaming world.

    There is no scripting. If you're seeing pucks pass through defenders, get us some video. If pucks are passing through sticks, there's an excellent chance it's due to being interrupted by their stick passing through another player/object or another player's stick is interfering with the play.

    Can you give/find more details on the non-existant stick feature? Specifically just when a stick is in/through a player/goalie or can boards net etc trigger it too? Once its triggered what causes the recovery and how quickly? Is it just instantly back once contact is over or an input needed to refresh the condition etc.

    When a stick passes through a body or object, it can't make contact with the puck for a moment. I don't have the exact length of time, but it's very brief. About the amount of time it would take for a real player to get back into position.

    I'm mostly wondering if it could be a factor in some of the weird things we see. For instance could your stick clipping into the boards turn it inactive and lead to a non pass reception or a non pickup etc.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    > @Confusion2000 said:
    > THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:
    >
    > So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?
    >
    > It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.
    >
    > At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
    >
    > PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.

    It's called :scripting", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have literally had pucks go right through me while defending a 2 on 1 for scripted goals. EA already decides "programs" a goal is going to happen before the play is actually executed, hence why pucks go right through defenders and why your user is "conveniently" manipulated at times. I could literally sit here for hours and give you examples of why this game downright unenjoyable, unplayable, and an utter disgrace to the sports gaming world.

    There is no scripting. If you're seeing pucks pass through defenders, get us some video. If pucks are passing through sticks, there's an excellent chance it's due to being interrupted by their stick passing through another player/object or another player's stick is interfering with the play.

    Can you give/find more details on the non-existant stick feature? Specifically just when a stick is in/through a player/goalie or can boards net etc trigger it too? Once its triggered what causes the recovery and how quickly? Is it just instantly back once contact is over or an input needed to refresh the condition etc.

    When a stick passes through a body or object, it can't make contact with the puck for a moment. I don't have the exact length of time, but it's very brief. About the amount of time it would take for a real player to get back into position.

    So I just played a game where all 4 of his goals were either a result of passing THROUGH multiple defenders without touching the puck or shooting THROUGH multiple defenders without touching the puck. His passing and shooting was always going THROUGH players. Anything I tried regarding passing and shooting resulted in the puck ALWAYS hitting something even if the opponent wasn't even paying attention (facing the puck). I can't even get a block, tip, NOTHING being in position to easily win that battle.

    I was up 3-0 when all of this started happening. I just said F it and quit once he took the 4-3 lead because evidently that's how EA wanted the game to play out. Pucks were programmed to go through ALL of my players like they weren't even there where his players only needed to EXIST (and do nothing else) to block, snag, tip anything within 5 feet of them. It's like your positioning ONLY matters when EA says it can.

    Before you say it, how is anybody supposed to play better when LOGICAL game physics only seem to work one way and not both?
  • > @Confusion2000 said:
    > So I just played a game where all 4 of his goals were either a result of passing THROUGH multiple defenders without touching the puck or shooting THROUGH multiple defenders without touching the puck. His passing and shooting was always going THROUGH players. Anything I tried regarding passing and shooting resulted in the puck ALWAYS hitting something even if the opponent wasn't even paying attention (facing the puck). I can't even get a block, tip, NOTHING being in position to easily win that battle.
    >
    > I was up 3-0 when all of this started happening. I just said F it and quit once he took the 4-3 lead because evidently that's how EA wanted the game to play out. Pucks were programmed to go through ALL of my players like they weren't even there where his players only needed to EXIST (and do nothing else) to block, snag, tip anything within 5 feet of them. It's like your positioning ONLY matters when EA says it can.
    >
    > Before you say it, how is anybody supposed to play better when LOGICAL game physics only seem to work one way and not both?

    This scenario happens all the time. We are clearly the better team, pretty much dominate a game, and when we grab a 3 goal lead it's like a switch is flipped. Absolutely nothing will go our way, can't complete passes anymore, shooting it 3 feet wide of the net, hitting post after post. Then "conveniently" everything goes their way, and they get garbage goal after garbage goal. The scripting in this game is so aggravating and pathetic.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited March 22
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    > @Confusion2000 said:
    > THIS IS FOR THE EA UNdevelopers:
    >
    > So can you tell me what "feature" it is when your "controlled" player (the one with the mark on him) does what he wants INSTEAD of what you control him to do???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is that DOESN'T allow you to switch to the player closest to the puck 3 or 4 times in a row while your opponent scores an easy goal on you (because you couldn't get control of the RELEVANT player)???
    >
    > Can you tell me what the "feature" is called that just about "freezes" your player in a state or animation while your opponent just does his thing with no problems?
    >
    > It's OK EA...you can say ice-tilt on here. We all know what it is.
    >
    > At my age it's not like I have all the time in the world to sift through the heavy **** in order to get a game here or there that doesn't feel weighed down by whatever phuckery to have installed in this game. This was barely ever the case on the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
    >
    > PS---You can still make your billions robbing the players even if you make a game that plays fairly. Just look at your Twitch streaming pack-rippers if you don't believe me.

    It's called :scripting", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have literally had pucks go right through me while defending a 2 on 1 for scripted goals. EA already decides "programs" a goal is going to happen before the play is actually executed, hence why pucks go right through defenders and why your user is "conveniently" manipulated at times. I could literally sit here for hours and give you examples of why this game downright unenjoyable, unplayable, and an utter disgrace to the sports gaming world.

    There is no scripting. If you're seeing pucks pass through defenders, get us some video. If pucks are passing through sticks, there's an excellent chance it's due to being interrupted by their stick passing through another player/object or another player's stick is interfering with the play.

    Can you give/find more details on the non-existant stick feature? Specifically just when a stick is in/through a player/goalie or can boards net etc trigger it too? Once its triggered what causes the recovery and how quickly? Is it just instantly back once contact is over or an input needed to refresh the condition etc.

    When a stick passes through a body or object, it can't make contact with the puck for a moment. I don't have the exact length of time, but it's very brief. About the amount of time it would take for a real player to get back into position.

    So I just played a game where all 4 of his goals were either a result of passing THROUGH multiple defenders without touching the puck or shooting THROUGH multiple defenders without touching the puck. His passing and shooting was always going THROUGH players. Anything I tried regarding passing and shooting resulted in the puck ALWAYS hitting something even if the opponent wasn't even paying attention (facing the puck). I can't even get a block, tip, NOTHING being in position to easily win that battle.

    I was up 3-0 when all of this started happening. I just said F it and quit once he took the 4-3 lead because evidently that's how EA wanted the game to play out. Pucks were programmed to go through ALL of my players like they weren't even there where his players only needed to EXIST (and do nothing else) to block, snag, tip anything within 5 feet of them. It's like your positioning ONLY matters when EA says it can.

    Before you say it, how is anybody supposed to play better when LOGICAL game physics only seem to work one way and not both?

    No video of this I bet

    I played a game last Thursday evening. I was up 3-0 going in to the 3rd and lost 4-3.

    Why? Not because my opponent's passes went 'through' all of my players, or that my players couldn't maintain possession due to scripting...

    It was because I friggin' SUCKED that period. I made bad passes, they applied the correct pressure and maintained their composure while I let some anger dictate my poor decision making.
  • Do you have a video of you were you SUCKED.. I doubt it.

    😜
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Do you have a video of you were you SUCKED.. I doubt it.

    😜

    haha no but maybe I should start.

    might not be a bad idea to showcase what it means to really suck - and I have moments where I really, really suck lol
  • Bad days and good opponent's happens..
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Bad days and good opponent's happens..

    Yea exactly. A month ago I was ranked 250 in OVP. Now I am below 1,000.

    It's been a terrible streak of bad games and poor performances, but only a small number of gripes about how the game handled certain situations.

    For Example;



    I had to make a choice as the defender here, and chose the player who was across the crease - simply because I thought the A.I. would keep step with Thornton, but he didn't. I made a mistake for sure, and I paid for it - but I'd like at least see the A.I. attempt to disrupt the shot

    Something else that bugs me about that sequence is how Thornton was able to rip it with accuracy despite the fact I thought I had the stick in the right place to at least disrupt it somewhat:

    XSYWzi3.png


    Winning an O-Zone faceoff on the PowerPlay still results in the LW wanting to play LD, despite the puck carrier being exactly where he wants to go. It's so absurd to watch and frustrating as an open player basically makes themselves useless due to their proximity to me:



    Another poor choice on defending by me - and another instance I assumed the A.I. would take the open man but they just abandon position:



    Here I score a goal, but I feel badly for my opponent. In modes like OVP/HUT - it makes sense that goalies should auto-cover, despite being currently controlled by a human. Sometimes it's hard to relinquish control from the goalie in a high pressure scenario. It would be nice if these actions were automated in 1v1 modes.



    Here is another goal I score that I don't like. Despite it being a nice play, if you look closely, the pass from Copp to Sheifele should've been errant. It goes through 55's skates while he receives it using his backhand behind his back - puts the puck on his forehand with super human speed and fires it home with great accuracy.



    I feel the puck should've bounced off of Sheifele's skate due to the direction of the pass. But also, receiving on the backhand with a super-quick switch to forehand makes this goal questionable, IMO

    AYwGiM4.png
  • Sega82mega
    4222 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Kid-

    Yes I would have done exactly like you. In first video. AI isn't that good to 'have a feeling' of whats about to happen. They get abit confused sometimes, you almost protect the cross crease all by yourself there.

    And that second, I have been in the same situation, were you have to 'wait' on your AI to get in right position. And all this meanwhile the opponent comes at you as a ragging bull. All tough that rangers player didn't just rush right over the blue line in a poke/hit attempt. Glad to see that.. 😏

    Hehe yeah that goalie thing.. Happen to me too.. If you push down on skill stick, (goalie V-split) it usally bail me out.

    It was a really nice goal.. Bjugstad and the opponent had no clue.. I love how he comes flying..

    But yeah everything you mention is things that could be better.

    There is still alot to do.. But 21 has at least giving me good reason to 'dream of 22'.

    👍

    P. S nice puck handling on the blue line meanwhile you waiting for your AI.. Slow and gentle touch.. d. S
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.