EA Forums - Banner

Title Update/Patch!

Prev1
Just out of curiosity. . .will we be seeing any sort of “title update/patch” anytime soon?

Replies

• Good question. No one knows, until we do.. EA usally don't give us that much when it comes to talk about 'upcoming stuff'.

I would definitely get pumped if a patch was announced.

All though I played some of my most fun games today..
  • There are multiple exploits and game balancing issues that have made this game insanely frustrating and unrealistic to play for the last few months and that many people have complained about - self saucing, LT/L2 figure skating, inability to defend cross-crease, automatic face off goals, shots from the corner going in half the time, etc etc etc - considering EA has done less than nothing in addressing any of these issues, I wouldn't expect any tuner or patch any time soon.
  • Is this where someone says "nah man, I think they should start working on the next game".
    If so, that has never worked... Ever! This game will never be fixed. We keep falling for the hype and the bait and switch each year. Until that stops, why should they stop the "minimal input/maximum return" model they've developed. Unless you're in the boutique bass guitar business, pride and quality mean nothing anymore.
  • Yeah I guess you're right. There are issues with this game that have gone unfixed for years (and in some cases decades) yet they allocate manpower to putting in the lacrosse goal, which happens once a season in real life, and Fortnite dances.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4286 posts EA Community Manager
    The team hasn't confirmed a final update was released yet, for what it's worth.
  • EA_Aljo
    2632 posts EA Community Manager
    Jagavekov wrote: »
    There are multiple exploits and game balancing issues that have made this game insanely frustrating and unrealistic to play for the last few months and that many people have complained about - self saucing, LT/L2 figure skating, inability to defend cross-crease, automatic face off goals, shots from the corner going in half the time, etc etc etc - considering EA has done less than nothing in addressing any of these issues, I wouldn't expect any tuner or patch any time soon.

There are also some things people do that they think are exploits but are not. Self-sauce is one of them. You don't get any kind of boost from it. If you're hustling, you negate the speed penalty when carrying the puck. So, when you self-sauce, you're actually slowing down slightly when picking up the puck. The brief moment when you don't have possession isn't suddenly boosting you. I have yet to experience an instance where someone self-sauced past me. If they are getting past your defense, chances are excellent you weren't in a good position to defend. There also was a time people thought calling for a fight on faceoffs gave you a boost. It never has, but that didn't stop many from trying anyway.

I'm curious about the automatic face-off goals. If you can send me a private message with those details, I'll pass them on to the dev team.
  • The self sauce creates some sort of gap in the rhythm that leads to a unexpected feeling/adjustment.

Feels cheap though... 😏🙄
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    The self sauce creates some sort of gap in the rhythm that leads to a unexpected feeling/adjustment.

Feels cheap though... 😏🙄

Sega I agree with you, it somehow throws off the AI and if you try to hit them it's an interference penalty.
  • Sega82mega
    3052 posts Member
    edited February 24
    Yeah but in some magic way it dosent goes as a speed "glitch/booster' all tough it's creates a speed effect. But thats some what fair.happens in real hockey too, all though it looks more 'normal'... . I dont like that 'deke".. Throws off your flow. And looks funny.. A self sauce to yourself... What..? 🙄😏
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    There are multiple exploits and game balancing issues that have made this game insanely frustrating and unrealistic to play for the last few months and that many people have complained about - self saucing, LT/L2 figure skating, inability to defend cross-crease, automatic face off goals, shots from the corner going in half the time, etc etc etc - considering EA has done less than nothing in addressing any of these issues, I wouldn't expect any tuner or patch any time soon.

There are also some things people do that they think are exploits but are not. Self-sauce is one of them. You don't get any kind of boost from it. If you're hustling, you negate the speed penalty when carrying the puck. So, when you self-sauce, you're actually slowing down slightly when picking up the puck. The brief moment when you don't have possession isn't suddenly boosting you. I have yet to experience an instance where someone self-sauced past me. If they are getting past your defense, chances are excellent you weren't in a good position to defend. There also was a time people thought calling for a fight on faceoffs gave you a boost. It never has, but that didn't stop many from trying anyway.

I'm curious about the automatic face-off goals. If you can send me a private message with those details, I'll pass them on to the dev team.

I think the calling for the fight is strictly to trigger someone to press LB to cancel the fight but also cancels their faceoff.
  • EA_Aljo
    2632 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I think the calling for the fight is strictly to trigger someone to press LB to cancel the fight but also cancels their faceoff.

There was a time people thought it gave you a speed boost off the faceoff. My point was though that some feel they are using an exploit when it actually does nothing. There are all sorts of assumptions about this game that aren't true, but many will insist they are.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

There was a time people thought it gave you a speed boost off the faceoff. My point was though that some feel they are using an exploit when it actually does nothing. There are all sorts of assumptions about this game that aren't true, but many will insist they are.
    Placebo-exploit? :tongue:

The self sauce creates some sort of gap in the rhythm that leads to a unexpected feeling/adjustment.

Feels cheap though... 😏🙄

If you time it well, it will make the defender literally stop because the defender starts some sort of puck pickup animation which makes them completely stop. That half-step lost because of this is HUGE. The CPU easily falls victim to this all of the time, and users can be victim as well which is what I’m assuming is happening when people are saying that there’s a “speed boost”. It’s not a boost, but rather the defender losing a step.

Like IceLion said somewhere on this forum recently lol, the discussion needs to start revolving around WHY people are saying these things because they’re not made up, they might just be using the wrong verbiage. Seems like we get caught-up in verbiage too much around here for anything meaningful to ever happen.

Feels cheap though... 😏🙄

If you time it well, it will make the defender literally stop because the defender starts some sort of puck pickup animation which makes them completely stop. That half-step lost because of this is HUGE. The CPU easily falls victim to this all of the time, and users can be victim as well which is what I’m assuming is happening when people are saying that there’s a “speed boost”. It’s not a boost, but rather the defender losing a step.

Like IceLion said somewhere on this forum recently lol, the discussion needs to start revolving around WHY people are saying these things because they’re not made up, they might just be using the wrong verbiage. Seems like we get caught-up in verbiage too much around here for anything meaningful to ever happen.

Getting caught up in verbiage. 2020 in a nut shell lol.

There's definitely strange things afoot in this game sometimes, but I think it's impossible to capture how something feels versus something obvious happening visually.

Feels cheap though... 😏🙄

Getting caught up in verbiage. 2020 in a nut shell lol.

There's definitely strange things afoot in this game sometimes, but I think it's impossible to capture how something feels versus something obvious happening visually.

Lol! And yes I agree with you. There are very subtle limb/feet “suctions” or “twitches” that make me believe this is a puck pickup issue triggering but to the untrained eye would seem like an offensive speed boost happened. Us users don’t actually know what’s going on or happening, so feedback needs to be taken less literally.

Feels cheap though... 😏🙄

Yeah I actually think alot of people that discuss against each other might be on the same side.. we all have a diffrent way to describe it. It's not always easy to do.
  • Like IceLion said somewhere on this forum recently lol, the discussion needs to start revolving around WHY people are saying these things because they’re not made up, they might just be using the wrong verbiage. Seems like we get caught-up in verbiage too much around here for anything meaningful to ever happen.

Yes I feel sometimes people (including me) are talking past each other because we lack the insight to properly describe what we are seeing. Somewhere between "the game is rigged" and "people are making stuff up" lies the truth I think.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

Yes I feel sometimes people (including me) are talking past each other because we lack the insight to properly describe what we are seeing. Somewhere between "the game is rigged" and "people are making stuff up" lies the truth I think.

Hehe something like that! 👍
    Yeah but in some magic way it dosent goes as a speed "glitch/booster' all tough it's creates a speed effect. But thats some what fair.happens in real hockey too, all though it looks more 'normal'... . I dont like that 'deke".. Throws off your flow. And looks funny.. A self sauce to yourself... What..? 🙄😏

I don't believe the self sauce induces a speed effect. It just allows you to put the puck in open ice and accelerate towards it - which means an active defender has no action to take against you because you no longer have the puck. Works well against humans too:

I don't believe the self sauce induces a speed effect. It just allows you to put the puck in open ice and accelerate towards it - which means an active defender has no action to take against you because you no longer have the puck. Works well against humans too:

Looks can be deceiving! I had to look at this multiple times. Looks like the defenseman is chasing back and then the user didn't control the same defensive player. As for the self sauce, it looks like there was some acceleration boost, which led to more speed towards the net. I have been playing defense for years, and this is the first EA NHL game where defense has been frustrating. Used to be able to sit behind the blueline, a little deep and speed into hits. Unfortunately that doesn't work anymore. To play defense you really need to be at the blueline, and time the hits. Poke checks might be needed sometimes if aimed directly. Stick lift is useless as the puck glues back majority of the time.

Offense has way more options to get into the offensive zone than defense have to defend the defensive zone. NHL 22 it would cool if you could use the Right stick by clicking it down to have the defense use the arm without the stick to push the players body off the puck. Something that I was taught when I played hockey up to competitive level. This I feel would definitely help prevent cross-crease attempts.