EA Forums - Banner

Title Update/Patch!

2Next

Replies

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    Yeah but in some magic way it dosent goes as a speed "glitch/booster' all tough it's creates a speed effect. But thats some what fair.happens in real hockey too, all though it looks more 'normal'... . I dont like that 'deke".. Throws off your flow. And looks funny.. A self sauce to yourself... What..? 🙄😏

I don't believe the self sauce induces a speed effect. It just allows you to put the puck in open ice and accelerate towards it - which means an active defender has no action to take against you because you no longer have the puck. Works well against humans too:

Yeah that is true. But when you see it happen in top speed and the player gets the puck back to himself in 0,000001 seconds. Looks abit lame.
    Yeah but in some magic way it dosent goes as a speed "glitch/booster' all tough it's creates a speed effect. But thats some what fair.happens in real hockey too, all though it looks more 'normal'... . I dont like that 'deke".. Throws off your flow. And looks funny.. A self sauce to yourself... What..? 🙄😏

I don't believe the self sauce induces a speed effect. It just allows you to put the puck in open ice and accelerate towards it - which means an active defender has no action to take against you because you no longer have the puck. Works well against humans too:

Some food for thought as you know I’m a slider buff/offline guy, could this be slider related? Hear me out, default puck carrier skating is at 50/100, default back skating is at 50/100, and both of those settings signify that they’re “half” (quotes because I’m not sure, this is just how the description describes it) the speed of a non carrying skater going forward. If I’m playing a gap while skating backwards on the puck carrying forward, him self-saucing in theory should give him a few frames of 100 speed vs 50 which imo would be a “speed boost.” Is this the game actually “boosting” someone? No, but I believe this slider combo is the culprit of whatever we’re seeing.

With my offline sliders, I bump both of these values up to 75/100 to shrink that gap. If I could use these against humans who actually understand speed, momentum, not getting caught flat-footed, I’d really make some radical changes to these values, but the CPU simply can’t keep up if I were to go like 95 puck carrier skating with 80 back skating. The CPU just gets walked because they aren’t decisive nor do they keep their speed/momentum.

Between these sliders and puck pickups triggering for split seconds, I think these are the two culprits but I’m also an uninformed loser on a forum with too much time on my hands to break these instances down lol.

Looks can be deceiving! I had to look at this multiple times. Looks like the defenseman is chasing back and then the user didn't control the same defensive player. As for the self sauce, it looks like there was some acceleration boost, which led to more speed towards the net.

Yea, I think I can see it now too. It seems the loose puck pickup animation generates some speed when you're picking up a puck with a straight line to the net.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Jagavekov wrote: »
    There are multiple exploits and game balancing issues that have made this game insanely frustrating and unrealistic to play for the last few months and that many people have complained about - self saucing, LT/L2 figure skating, inability to defend cross-crease, automatic face off goals, shots from the corner going in half the time, etc etc etc - considering EA has done less than nothing in addressing any of these issues, I wouldn't expect any tuner or patch any time soon.

There are also some things people do that they think are exploits but are not. Self-sauce is one of them. You don't get any kind of boost from it. If you're hustling, you negate the speed penalty when carrying the puck. So, when you self-sauce, you're actually slowing down slightly when picking up the puck. The brief moment when you don't have possession isn't suddenly boosting you. I have yet to experience an instance where someone self-sauced past me. If they are getting past your defense, chances are excellent you weren't in a good position to defend. There also was a time people thought calling for a fight on faceoffs gave you a boost. It never has, but that didn't stop many from trying anyway.

I'm curious about the automatic face-off goals. If you can send me a private message with those details, I'll pass them on to the dev team.

our1mrbmpxxp.gif

Aljo, here is the automatic faceoff goal I mentioned. If you lose a d zone faceoff in a certain way, it leads to this goal the majority of the time. Notice that I know it is coming so I jump in the passing lane with a 99 Defensive Awareness Chara (and enter a glide as I've been told), yet I am still scored on. Very frustrating to know what is coming and still not be able to stop it. Should a lost d zone lead to a potential scoring chance, sure - but not at the rate that this play leads to, and not when I know it is coming and am prepared for it.

• Jagavekov wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    There are multiple exploits and game balancing issues that have made this game insanely frustrating and unrealistic to play for the last few months and that many people have complained about - self saucing, LT/L2 figure skating, inability to defend cross-crease, automatic face off goals, shots from the corner going in half the time, etc etc etc - considering EA has done less than nothing in addressing any of these issues, I wouldn't expect any tuner or patch any time soon.

There are also some things people do that they think are exploits but are not. Self-sauce is one of them. You don't get any kind of boost from it. If you're hustling, you negate the speed penalty when carrying the puck. So, when you self-sauce, you're actually slowing down slightly when picking up the puck. The brief moment when you don't have possession isn't suddenly boosting you. I have yet to experience an instance where someone self-sauced past me. If they are getting past your defense, chances are excellent you weren't in a good position to defend. There also was a time people thought calling for a fight on faceoffs gave you a boost. It never has, but that didn't stop many from trying anyway.

I'm curious about the automatic face-off goals. If you can send me a private message with those details, I'll pass them on to the dev team.

our1mrbmpxxp.gif

Aljo, here is the automatic faceoff goal I mentioned. If you lose a d zone faceoff in a certain way, it leads to this goal the majority of the time. Notice that I know it is coming so I jump in the passing lane with a 99 Defensive Awareness Chara (and enter a glide as I've been told), yet I am still scored on. Very frustrating to know what is coming and still not be able to stop it. Should a lost d zone lead to a potential scoring chance, sure - but not at the rate that this play leads to, and not when I know it is coming and am prepared for it.

This is an annoying play.

Although in NHL 20 and prior, 'the glide' would allow the interception animation to execute - it appears in NHL 21 this has changed.

It feels like there's emphasis on feathering the left stick. Not pushing all the way. Not letting go to let the interception happen - but to get in the passing lane and feather LS towards where the puck is coming from OR towards the puck's projected path.

• Sega82mega
    3029 posts Member

our1mrbmpxxp.gif

This is an annoying play.

Although in NHL 20 and prior, 'the glide' would allow the interception animation to execute - it appears in NHL 21 this has changed.

It feels like there's emphasis on feathering the left stick. Not pushing all the way. Not letting go to let the interception happen - but to get in the passing lane and feather LS towards where the puck is coming from OR towards the puck's projected path.

Yup annoying. Whats even more annoying. This type of goals is the only time people have the guts to shot when there actually a good time to shot. But unfortunately it's kinda 'cheesy' play to make.

It's not like I never wanna see that goal again but its enough annoying that I would like it to not be as common/successful as it is...
  • EA_Aljo
    2616 posts EA Community Manager

our1mrbmpxxp.gif

I've seen this one a number of times. I've used it as well. It's definitely not guaranteed though. Often, the RW or LW, depending on which side the faceoff is, are fading back when they receive the shot so they don't get a good one timer off so sometimes it becomes a snapshot and is easily stopped. Regardless, I get the annoyance with it.