EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Franchise Mode Coaching

Does anyone else agree we should be able to turn coaching off in franchise mode? Look, it's a fun idea and sometimes I enjoy playing with it on but it also gets very annoying and repetitive. I'm slowly becoming very annoyed with coaching.

I can have a pure contending team and get swept in the first round because I couldn't find a coach to fit my players and team scheme, or my rookies with good potential don't grow because I couldn't find a coach to help them grow. Or, I can have a 92 overall franchise sniper to build my team around but not a single coach on the market will like his play style. I understand it's supposed to be hard. But I paid for the game, I should be able to customize it the way I want. It's almost always impossible to find a perfect coach.

I honestly just wish you could turn it off for those who don't want to deal with it. If you want to leave it on, go for it and leave it on. Sometimes I just want to play Franchise Mode like 2 years ago when I didn't have to worry about some random coach Adams not fitting my team scheme.

Putting an option to turn it on and off shouldn't be difficult. If you can turn salary cap off or turn morale off you should be able to turn coaching off as well. Just let us be able to turn it off EA, it's not that hard. Just listen to the people for once. :|

Replies

• You are definitely not alone. There are quite a few of us that have been saying the exact same things. Until they fix chemistry and coaches they need to give us the option to turn it off. There aren’t many gms out there that build a team solely around a coach which this game absolutely forces you to do. There also aren’t many coaches out there that leave the lines the same for years because chemistry never changes.
  • Yeah it's a good idea but getting a franchise player with a dump don't block energy strategy is extremely frustrating
  • ever since they implemented the coaching and chemistry system, it's been so rudimentary its essentially useless. it actually makes the game harder to play, and not in a good way. it makes it a challenge just to play the game realistically/logically.

all they do is put out another game, and expect us to buy it in hopes that they actually fixed and/or changed things in a good way. but they never do, they just introduce new bugs, and tell us to buy the NEXT game, for those bugs to "possibly" be fixed
  • atlanta33
    2 posts New member
    > @alxkk said:
    > Does anyone else agree we should be able to turn coaching off in franchise mode? Look, it's a fun idea and sometimes I enjoy playing with it on but it also gets very annoying and repetitive. I'm slowly becoming very annoyed with coaching.
    >
    > I can have a pure contending team and get swept in the first round because I couldn't find a coach to fit my players and team scheme, or my rookies with good potential don't grow because I couldn't find a coach to help them grow. Or, I can have a 92 overall franchise sniper to build my team around but not a single coach on the market will like his play style. I understand it's supposed to be hard. But I paid for the game, I should be able to customize it the way I want. It's almost always impossible to find a perfect coach.
    >
    > I honestly just wish you could turn it off for those who don't want to deal with it. If you want to leave it on, go for it and leave it on. Sometimes I just want to play Franchise Mode like 2 years ago when I didn't have to worry about some random coach Adams not fitting my team scheme.
    >
    > Putting an option to turn it on and off shouldn't be difficult. If you can turn salary cap off or turn morale off you should be able to turn coaching off as well. Just let us be able to turn it off EA, it's not that hard. Just listen to the people for once. :|
  • atlanta33
    2 posts New member
    "listen t the people for once"? and if only a say a thousand people complain out of millions who buy the game should they still change it for the minority? it is a big deal to do when you want to be able to turn everything off and on at will, what you want is a franchise mode with no rules and crazy scores instead of legit almost realistic game play. the majority definitely don't want it and they'll listen always with the majority of the players.