EA Forums - Banner

What Can Be Done About The Current State Of NHL 21???

DethcoreRtchyTTV
107 posts Member
edited February 24
Going through my Twitter feed and seeing top streamers/Gamechangers of NHL 21 voice their opinions on this game and where its at right now is heartbreaking. Since my charity stream last year I got to know many of them, and played with a few in WXCHL. Way too many are leaving the EA NHL series, upset with how bad this game is with so many ignored issues that need to be fixed asap.

We haven't seen a really big gameplay update at all since last year of October that fixes the majority of the issues within this game. Goalies let in the most weakest of goals, no matter what overall or synergies are used. Yesterday a guy scored 3 goals on me using the same play after I tied it 3-3. Lost 7-3 in a matter of minutes. Video is posted for proof. https://youtube.com/watch?v=pxlczqAHRK0 I deleted my HUT team after that as I have been dealing with nonsense like this for awhile now.

Only updates I have ever seen have been for customization and offline modes. Games so repetitive with majority of the toxic players ragging the puck, using a D zone trap, then when they get the chance go for the short side glitch in their offensive circle by the hashmarks or force cross-crease. You can defend doing whatever is needed, although sometimes the puck even goes through the sticks... Playing the body doesn't work like it used too. Previous years you could angle a player to the blueline and they would fall, losing the puck! Now you hit them, they barely fall down, or recover quickly enough to retrieve the puck. I have played defense IRL and Online competitively. Was a top defensemen in previous years up until I stopped playing this game often.

Games no longer about fun and competitiveness! It's about who can exploit and cause frustration to their opponents now. This isn't even hockey anymore, its Fortnite Hockey!

We need something done! Customers pay for these games and to have our feedback ignored lately isn't going to drive sales! NHL 22 might be a dead horse if NHL 21 gets any worse. That is the biggest truth!

Replies

• Going through my Twitter feed and seeing top streamers/Gamechangers of NHL 21 voice their opinions on this game and where its at right now is heartbreaking. Since my charity stream last year I got to know many of them, and played with a few in WXCHL. Way too many are leaving the EA NHL series, upset with how bad this game is with so many ignored issues that need to be fixed asap.

We haven't seen a really big gameplay update at all since last year of October that fixes the majority of the issues within this game. Goalies let in the most weakest of goals, no matter what overall or synergies are used. Yesterday a guy scored 3 goals on me using the same play after I tied it 3-3. Lost 7-3 in a matter of minutes. Video is posted for proof. https://youtube.com/watch?v=pxlczqAHRK0 I deleted my HUT team after that as I have been dealing with nonsense like this for awhile now.

Only updates I have ever seen have been for customization and offline modes. Games so repetitive with majority of the toxic players ragging the puck, using a D zone trap, then when they get the chance go for the short side glitch in their offensive circle by the hashmarks or force cross-crease. You can defend doing whatever is needed, although sometimes the puck even goes through the sticks... Playing the body doesn't work like it used too. Previous years you could angle a player to the blueline and they would fall, losing the puck! Now you hit them, they barely fall down, or recover quickly enough to retrieve the puck. I have played defense IRL and Online competitively. Was a top defensemen in previous years up until I stopped playing this game often.

Games no longer about fun and competitiveness! It's about who can exploit and cause frustration to their opponents now. This isn't even hockey anymore, its Fortnite Hockey!

We need something done! Customers pay for these games and to have our feedback ignored lately isn't going to drive sales! NHL 22 might be a dead horse if NHL 21 gets any worse. That is the biggest truth!

Its almost March, how big of a change do you really expect at this point in the cycle?

The answer is probably nothing and hope NHL22 is more to your liking. If its not up to peoples standards then don't buy it.

Every year people complain up a storm but still buy it because its the only hockey. You're trying to get a business to make changes and money is the only language they speak. If sales don't drop then they won't think anything is wrong.

I know somebody out there wants to suggest that EA would kill the series if sales were low, thats not happening until HUT gets outlawed.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    Going through my Twitter feed and seeing top streamers/Gamechangers of NHL 21 voice their opinions on this game and where its at right now is heartbreaking. Since my charity stream last year I got to know many of them, and played with a few in WXCHL. Way too many are leaving the EA NHL series, upset with how bad this game is with so many ignored issues that need to be fixed asap.

Its almost March, how big of a change do you really expect at this point in the cycle?

The answer is probably nothing and hope NHL22 is more to your liking. If its not up to peoples standards then don't buy it.

Every year people complain up a storm but still buy it because its the only hockey. You're trying to get a business to make changes and money is the only language they speak. If sales don't drop then they won't think anything is wrong.

I know somebody out there wants to suggest that EA would kill the series if sales were low, thats not happening until HUT gets outlawed.

HUTS dying out to! GWC is gonna have like nobody! I know that as some of the top players follow me on Twitter and Twitch. Only reason I bought NHL 21 was because BAP sold me up until I bought game, and found out you couldn't play junior or AHL. Also was hoping gameplay was going to be a lot better, although it got worse. Not expecting a big change, but something that can fix the exploits in this game, especially adding a kick feature for if players rag to long in their zone or idle for a certain amount of time.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

HUTS dying out to! GWC is gonna have like nobody! I know that as some of the top players follow me on Twitter and Twitch. Only reason I bought NHL 21 was because BAP sold me up until I bought game, and found out you couldn't play junior or AHL. Also was hoping gameplay was going to be a lot better, although it got worse. Not expecting a big change, but something that can fix the exploits in this game, especially adding a kick feature for if players rag to long in their zone or idle for a certain amount of time.

Hut still made tons of money before everybody had enough.

I especially would not hold my breath waiting for EA to address the behavior of their player base with any in game tools, they have shown zero interest in that for over a decade now except for when they did skate blades that blow out, and that was like 1-2 years and they removed it.