EA Forums - Banner

EA wants gameplay videos of problems, I will start posting them

13Next

Replies

  • j0rtsu67
    604 posts Member
    edited February 27
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.
    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D

    My main point was though that visuals are for puck carrier, people were uncertain of it. And I bolded the part that was incorrect... or at least not shown in the picture.

  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.

    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D



    You cant tell by 100. But because of how the defender 'spins off' through the hit and almost continue through the board. indicates that, he, just like many else do in this game, screaming at full speed.

    I do 'recognize' this situation, cause you experience it so many times before. But yeah, hard to know for 100% when you don't see the exact control inputs other then how he's player react to input 'we dont see'.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1565 posts Member
    edited February 27
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.
    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D

    My main point was though that visuals are for puck carrier, people were uncertain of it. And I bolded the part that was incorrect... or at least not shown in the picture.

    I think I can easily tell by his player’s animation
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.
    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D

    My main point was though that visuals are for puck carrier, people were uncertain of it. And I bolded the part that was incorrect... or at least not shown in the picture.

    I think I can easily tell by his player’s animation
    I think I can as easily tell you can be wrong.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.
    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D

    My main point was though that visuals are for puck carrier, people were uncertain of it. And I bolded the part that was incorrect... or at least not shown in the picture.

    I think I can easily tell by his player’s animation
    I think I can as easily tell you can be wrong.

    He’s CLEARLY holding LS at 100% and if you can’t recognize it you’re not as experienced in this game as you think.

    I proved my point by the fact Mario was able to effortlessly avoid his incoming body check.

    I was wrong about the displayed inputs but I believe I’m correct about everything else.

    Have a good one :)
  • j0rtsu67
    604 posts Member
    edited February 27
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.
    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D

    My main point was though that visuals are for puck carrier, people were uncertain of it. And I bolded the part that was incorrect... or at least not shown in the picture.

    I think I can easily tell by his player’s animation
    I think I can as easily tell you can be wrong.

    He’s CLEARLY holding LS at 100%
    Ok, you have capability to see with 100% certainty what happens without control visuals. I'd say he may be holding it on 90%... :D
    and if you can’t recognize it you’re not as experienced in this game as you think.
    Did I say I am (or think that I am)? :#
    I proved my point by the fact Mario was able to effortlessly avoid his incoming body check.
    If your point was that "YOU are pushing LS 100%" well, newsflash: you did not.
    I was wrong about the displayed inputs
    True. There were also other posts where control inputs were believed to show only user's (who recorded the clip) controller. That's why I wanted to clarify it.
    but I believe I’m correct about everything else.
    Feel free to believe so.
    Have a good one :)
    Thanks. You too. :wink:

  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.
    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D

    My main point was though that visuals are for puck carrier, people were uncertain of it. And I bolded the part that was incorrect... or at least not shown in the picture.

    I think I can easily tell by his player’s animation
    I think I can as easily tell you can be wrong.

    He’s CLEARLY holding LS at 100% and if you can’t recognize it you’re not as experienced in this game as you think.

    I proved my point by the fact Mario was able to effortlessly avoid his incoming body check.

    I was wrong about the displayed inputs but I believe I’m correct about everything else.

    Have a good one :)

    So just to be clear, you think that I shouldn't be able to hit the guy because I held down the left stick too much and was slightly off with my hit, but you are ok with the puck carrier holding the left stick down all the way while pivoting from skating forward at a high speed to skating backwards in the reverse direction at a high speed while completely controlling the puck and then sending an awkward no-look pass right on the tape for a one timer?
  • How to defend is definitely something that people having much more problem with then how to play offens.

    And the reason to that is probebly cause so many only go LS at 100%, and not so much L2 and LS 50/50.

    Thats why the 'balance' in this game is equal to zero.

    95% attack
    5% defense

    GG!
  • 58vitakftjzh.gif

    Everyone might drag me here for not playing great defense again. But on this one I backed off and didn't go as hard on the left stick. I guess I could have used L2 to face him better, although that transition might send me into an animation that would make him blow by me. I also could have played his forehand better, but then there is the risk of him quickly going to the backhand and sending a pass through everyone for a cross crease. Its pick your poison between defending various exploits.

    Also, do you see the type of figure skating moves the puck carrier is pulling off? How in the world am I supposed to stay with him? At one point he is picking up speed while moving sideways, which is physically impossible, unless you are Michael Jackson.

    Regardless of how bad everyone might think I am at defense (I am a D2 player for what its worth), does that look like a hockey play?
  • [quote="Sega82mega;c-2185909"][quote="jplavoie96;c-2185896"

    He was about to cut in behind of you... To your right side.

    Wasen't gonna change.

    It was your pass to 'no one' that screw this up. [/quote]

    And the ridiculous excuses continue. This has been part of the issue with AI for years. Not once has the AI followed me behind to "cut across". And where in real hockey do you see players cutting across on 2 on 1 just so they can close the open gap themselves? This is why it's so easy to lose trust when providing evidence.
  • [quote="Sega82mega;c-2185909"]

    He was about to cut in behind of you... To your right side.

    Wasen't gonna change.

    It was your pass to 'no one' that screw this up. [/quote]

    Also, the answer lies in the AI. Why is it that when we are put in the same situation the opposing AI NEVER "cuts behind"; are always rushing 2 on 1?
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to clarify: replay shows control inputs of puck carrier. No matter is it you or opponent.
    He's baited you in to going for a hit while YOU are pushing LS 100% - so you are making a mistake and he got around you:
    v5DFrDn.png
    So in this example, it is #66, not #23 and the argument is incorrect.

    The implication that the controller inputs were showing the defender was wrong.

    The argument, however is not incorrect. The defender was still screaming at full speed.
    How can you tell, there's no indication of his control inputs? :D

    My main point was though that visuals are for puck carrier, people were uncertain of it. And I bolded the part that was incorrect... or at least not shown in the picture.

    I think I can easily tell by his player’s animation
    I think I can as easily tell you can be wrong.

    He’s CLEARLY holding LS at 100%
    Ok, you have capability to see with 100% certainty what happens without control visuals. I'd say he may be holding it on 90%... :D
    and if you can’t recognize it you’re not as experienced in this game as you think.
    Did I say I am (or think that I am)? :#
    I proved my point by the fact Mario was able to effortlessly avoid his incoming body check.
    If your point was that "YOU are pushing LS 100%" well, newsflash: you did not.
    I was wrong about the displayed inputs
    True. There were also other posts where control inputs were believed to show only user's (who recorded the clip) controller. That's why I wanted to clarify it.
    but I believe I’m correct about everything else.
    Feel free to believe so.
    Have a good one :)
    Thanks. You too. :wink:

    ;) You're wonderful
  • Jagavekov wrote: »
    This is horrible, and nothing like hockey. The funny part is EA probably thinks this is closer to a highlight than it is to an indictment of how bad this game is.



    You nailed it on the head with this line. You absolutely nailed it.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!