EA Forums - Banner

Looks like Frostbite is coming to NHL 22

Replies

• IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    We are listening to the community as a whole, not just the eSports competitors.

I feel it would go a long way to alleviate customer animosity if there was more openness and transparency around this and exactly who, how and what you are listening to... and what comes out of any of the various feedback you get.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • johnny2fingaz
    322 posts Member
    edited June 16
    IceLion68 wrote: »

I feel it would go a long way to alleviate customer animosity if there was more openness and transparency around this and exactly who, how and what you are listening to... and what comes out of any of the various feedback you get.

Or at the very least the “vision” or the direction of this game. Is it sim or is it arcade?

But to be fair , that may be too much to ask. After all I’ve been wondering what the actual attributes do but they haven’t been updated since nhl 12 or 14? I guess it’s fun to guess!
  • EA_Aljo
    3203 posts EA Community Manager

It would be good to point out what changes were made due to community feedback. I hope we can be more transparent about this in the future.
  • Sega82mega
    4232 posts Member

It would be good to point out what changes were made due to community feedback. I hope we can be more transparent about this in the future.

Could actually realese some pressure from the developers - If we 'all, share' more responsibility for the game.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

Sweet
    <fist bump>
  • Follisimo
    1318 posts Member

You see there also comes problems with that too and it's why being vague is always their best route.

Say they make a change due to community feedback but you don't think majority of people wanted it. Then they just question who the heck asked for this blah blah. It would require a huge portion of the fanbase to get things overturned in some cases.

Also they can't tell us what they are working on because I highly doubt the upper management....higher than Rammer would even allow that.

They at least talk more in the NHL community than what FIFA gets. They make changes and that is that.

I mean really go over there and read the stuff you will see it's much of the same but in soccer terms.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/categories/fifa-21-general-discussion

• Sega82mega
    4232 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Follisimo wrote: »

You see there also comes problems with that too and it's why being vague is always their best route.

Say they make a change due to community feedback but you don't think majority of people wanted it. Then they just question who the heck asked for this blah blah. It would require a huge portion of the fanbase to get things overturned in some cases.

Also they can't tell us what they are working on because I highly doubt the upper management....higher than Rammer would even allow that.

They at least talk more in the NHL community than what FIFA gets. They make changes and that is that.

I mean really go over there and read the stuff you will see it's much of the same but in soccer terms.

I understand it could be some problem if they share too much - but I think they have a pretty good clue of how to compromise with this sort of 'information'.

I dont think were asking for that much - just some inside - would be fun/interesting.

Our expectations ain't that high - for obvious reasons.

But will be fun to see where this will lead.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »

I understand it could be some problem if they share too much - but I think they have a pretty good clue of how to compromise with this sort of 'information'.

I dont think were asking for that much - just some inside - would be fun/interesting.

I highly doubt they will go from a year with their fingers in their ears yelling "lalalalala" to ignore us to suddenly opening up more than ever and over sharing. Plan on more radio silence other than the forum mods.
  • Sega82mega
    4232 posts Member
    edited June 17
    jrago73 wrote: »

I highly doubt they will go from a year with their fingers in their ears yelling "lalalalala" to ignore us to suddenly opening up more than ever and over sharing. Plan on more radio silence other than the forum mods.

Naah yeah exactly.. I agree.

But take the 'hook passes' for example - that's known from pretty much all over.

If they make some sort of statement around that - I don't think that's too much.

On another hand - If they say that they are working on a fix/improvement and it turns out to be more difficult then they expected - wouldn’t it be a risk that the whole community comes at them?...🙄🤔

*But then again - might not be worse than it already is..
  • Follisimo
    1318 posts Member
    Probably another heads up that could anger people.

Pre-Order: Madden NFL 22 (PS5/X) $69.99 (PS4/X1) $59.99 via Amazon

Could we be seeing NHL also raise their price. I'm sure that will receive soooo much praise /endsarcasm

• Sega82mega
    4232 posts Member
    edited June 17

Could we be seeing NHL also raise their price. I'm sure that will receive soooo much praise /endsarcasm

Whenever the market gets an golden opportunitie to get some 'easy money' - they will.

Would be surprise if we didn't see the same raise for NHL.

It's betta be a good game! 😡😏
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

This argument doesn't hold a lot of water for me. I would point again to how the Coalition talks to their customers about changes. They explain what they were finding, how it was affecting the gameplay and EXACTLY what was done to correct it and invite feedback. Maybe this isnt a good fit with an annualized game that doesnt get tweaked much after release but I think EA could still do better.

And while I admit this approach has it's own set of issues, to my mind it is preferable to the "black box" approach.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited June 17

Unsurprising - this tends to happen on console generation leaps. Regardless, unless I see compelling evidence 22 is a much improved offering from this year's outing, I will be likely waiting until Christmas again this year to buy.

The price troubles me less than the fact there are 2 SKUs... I hope they are still compatible?
  • EA_Aljo

We're not ignoring anyone. I absolutely understand how it looks with very few gameplay updates this year. That doesn't mean there are no updates coming down the road. We are very well aware of community feedback. We'll have to wait and see what's coming as there's nothing we can talk about currently. As stated previously, there's a lot of hesitation to make changes after the beta due to the very high amount of community feedback stating the beta is the best version of the game.
  • Sega82mega
    4232 posts Member
    I saw they gonna show E-sport: NHL Gaming World Championship 2021 this weekend - on TV, maybe I have to pick up a few beers and see what it's all about.

Which leads me to next - If there gonna be anymore updates to 21 I guess it's a short time after GWC is over.

Or else I wouldn’t really see the point.
  • kyl_35
    179 posts Member

We're not ignoring anyone. I absolutely understand how it looks with very few gameplay updates this year. That doesn't mean there are no updates coming down the road. We are very well aware of community feedback. We'll have to wait and see what's coming as there's nothing we can talk about currently. As stated previously, there's a lot of hesitation to make changes after the beta due to the very high amount of community feedback stating the beta is the best version of the game.

Please tell me the company is also aware that many don’t want to pay even the same as we did on 21, let alone more than we paid for 21 on 22…

Can’t put out a broken game for full price one year and then expect people to fall for it again.
  • Follisimo
    1318 posts Member
    edited June 17

This argument doesn't hold a lot of water for me. I would point again to how the Coalition talks to their customers about changes. They explain what they were finding, how it was affecting the gameplay and EXACTLY what was done to correct it and invite feedback. Maybe this isnt a good fit with an annualized game that doesnt get tweaked much after release but I think EA could still do better.

And while I admit this approach has it's own set of issues, to my mind it is preferable to the "black box" approach.

Microsoft owned isn't EA owned though. The only place out of EA I see talking with their community is the Apex team by Respawn. They also let many of their esport players test the upcoming seasons ahead of time to give feedback, but even on top of that they have so much information about most used characters/best 1v1 win ratios, hero wins to back up their reason for changes. They seem to be left alone because they are making big bank for EA and don't have to use their awful Frostbite Engine.

Remember it was either last year or the year before when they said Legends would be in modes and then it wasn't in a certain mode that someone claimed would be? Every time it was brought up by the community it was radio silence. The only comparisons I use are the actual real sport games. Baseball, FIFA, Madden, NBA2K.

Unsurprising - this tends to happen on console generation leaps. Regardless, unless I see compelling evidence 22 is a much improved offering from this year's outing, I will be likely waiting until Christmas again this year to buy.

The price troubles me less than the fact there are 2 SKUs... I hope they are still compatible?

The reason is the next-gen is upgraded and separate from the Xbox One/PS4 version. It's how FIFA 21 is. You can't play with/against PS5 to PS4 or Xbox Series vs Xbox One. Even HUT is separate but here is the kicker to it all. If you upgrade your console during the year and get the upgraded version of the game your HUT team transfers over.

• EA_Aljo
    kyl_35 wrote: »

Please tell me the company is also aware that many don’t want to pay even the same as we did on 21, let alone more than we paid for 21 on 22…

Can’t put out a broken game for full price one year and then expect people to fall for it again.

How is the game broken? What bugs are making it unplayable for you?
  • kyl_35
    179 posts Member

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Franchise-mode-Players-who-have-a-great-season-do-much-worse/m-p/9764069#M2042
  • EA_Aljo

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Franchise-mode-Players-who-have-a-great-season-do-much-worse/m-p/9764069#M2042

Thank you. I understand that can be a critical issue for some people, but the game as a whole is not broken.