EA Forums - Banner

Franchise teams went 82-0

So I got a txt from my button mashing cousin last night. He just went 82-0 on Pro in Franchise with both teams (pro and Minor). He did not play the game every day. according to him he plays it about every 2nd or 3rd day because the AI seems to reset and its easier to play he says.

We have both had NHL series for years and years. This is the first time I recall him going through a whole season without a loss. I think he went about 50 games in NHL 14 or somewhere in there, coulda been 15, but that was as far as he could go without a loss.

Personally I think the game dynamics are different for button mashers. I find its easier for them to shoot and hit because all they do is smash the button repeatedly. I use the skill stick and its much harder to do that I find.

We both bought NHL 21 at the same time and because I have more options in my gaming choices than he does I stopped playing NHL 21 after a month or so...it just suks! and I mean its like your mom and dad are inviting all your friends over so they can grill them about life choices suks!!

The AI is the worse. the way it auto adjust so that even a minor league team is like a frenzied play, plus every other gripe on here I agree with. NHL 21 was just a money grab, and because of the pandemic I think the next version will be the same or worse.

so does this qualify as broken?
- (ps my cousin isn't terrible and on an even footing we play each other about 50-50 [when the net lag isn't killing us] ). I use skill stick and he button mashes, so some thing are easier for me and some easier for him I think.

so there ya go, wanna beat the game, just wait a day or two so the ai resets itself and you should be able to do this as well.

Replies

• oh and I should point out that a large portion of the games were like 10-0 win, 7-2, 8-1 etc. etc. he said past the 50 game mark the scores were closer as the AI tried a little harder but it wasn't terrible.
  • So, what happens when he plays on Allstar?