EA Forums - Banner

Poke checking needs to be fixed! Way to easy for players!

2Next

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3319 posts Member
    edited March 22
    What gets spammed more... poke checks or loose puck dekes and ballerina spins?

Would definitely say poke checks.

Or if I say, I think the way we overuse the poke checks makes it both harder for the one that spamming without really knowing, to play a better defense, and it makes it harder for the puck carrier to play 'a normal hockey'.

Cause every poke you do, will have an impact on both the puck carrier and your own player. Either if it's a clean hit or just a miss.

So you can say it's a loose - loose, for everyone that play this game, either if you are the one that poke or the one that trying to avoid being poke: ed.

The area on the ice is what it is, it ain't going to be any bigger, and we are doing a fine job by making it feel it's even smaller then what it is, by doing trillions of 'blind randomly poke checks' all over the ice.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    What gets spammed more... poke checks or loose puck dekes and ballerina spins?

Would definitely say poke checks.

Or if I say, I think the way we overuse the poke checks makes it both harder for the one that spamming without really knowing, to play a better defense, and it makes it harder for the puck carrier to play 'a normal hockey'.

Cause every poke you do, will have an impact on both the puck carrier and your own player. Either if it's a clean hit or just a miss.

So you can say it's a loose - loose, for everyone that play this game, either if you are the one that poke or the one that trying to avoid being poke: ed.

The area on the ice is what it is, it ain't going to be any bigger, and we are doing a fine job by making it feel it's even smaller then what it is, by doing trillions of 'blind randomly poke checks' all over the ice.

Well said Sega.
  • Poke checking is both too effective and not effective enough.

It is too effective in how auto-aimed it is, where you can be facing the wrong direction, press poke check and your guy spins around and perfectly pokes the puck.

It is not effective enough in the sense that the puck isn't knocked far enough away when you execute a successful poke, and the puck carrier often quickly regains possession. Also, it is too easy to trip people, just brushing their laces should not trip a guy.

The solution is to have pokes be more manually aimed. I understand attributes have to be factored in to things, so poke checking attributes should influence how quick/responsive the poke is and how fast you can move the defensive skill stick, NOT how auto-aimed pokes are.

The speed at which your stick passes through the players legs, and their speed should influence whether a trip occurs. If players in the NHL were tripped everytime a stick brushed against their skates or shin pads people would be laying all over the ice.