EA Forums - Banner

Question for the Devs on NHL22

GarbageDay40
12 posts New member
I was wondering if you are going to expand on the THREES game mode in the world of chel on NHL22? I have been playing mostly THREES the last 3 years, in NHL19 we played full 3 period hockey games of the arcade hockey it was a blast then you changed it in NHL20/NHL21 to a Eliminator which only goes to 7 with money pucks which to me has been a let down and a step backwards for that game mode. Essentially we are only playing barely one period of hockey most of the time even less then that (some games only last 40 seconds) we spend more time loading into the game and on the presentation that actually playing the game imagine paying 60 dollars to play one period of hockey that's kinda lame. so I think you should give us more options, I think you should have the threes eliminator to 7 and have another eliminator to play a full game I know most of the top 100 players on the xbox one and we have talked about this before or extend the games to 15 or so or take away the money pucks and go to 7 either way you have a huge community that plays that mode everyday and giving us more playable options would be a greatly appreciated.

Replies

• I was wondering if you are going to expand on the THREES game mode in the world of chel on NHL22? I have been playing mostly THREES the last 3 years, in NHL19 we played full 3 period hockey games of the arcade hockey it was a blast then you changed it in NHL20/NHL21 to a Eliminator which only goes to 7 with money pucks which to me has been a let down and a step backwards for that game mode. Essentially we are only playing barely one period of hockey most of the time even less then that (some games only last 40 seconds) we spend more time loading into the game and on the presentation that actually playing the game imagine paying 60 dollars to play one period of hockey that's kinda lame. so I think you should give us more options, I think you should have the threes eliminator to 7 and have another eliminator to play a full game I know most of the top 100 players on the xbox one and we have talked about this before or extend the games to 15 or so or take away the money pucks and go to 7 either way you have a huge community that plays that mode everyday and giving us more playable options would be a greatly appreciated.

I think doing away with money pucks and going to 7 would be ideal. I actually like that it goes to 7 because less people quit. In 19 people quit a LOT if they were down early! I also wouldn't advise them to split the player base anymore than it is by having diff rules. I think it would be interesting to let the home team use "house rules" and clubs can choose their custom threes rules in club creation. Imagine money pucks/ no money pucks, money zones (areas on the ice where if you score you get +2/ -2 and you choose those places, periods/ score limit etc. Drop in teams would never have home field if facing a club. 2 drops play and rules are random all that being said there are a few changes I would make..

- Have a search that only includes teams of 3. I don't want to play vs CPU at all. Mascots are big, reach 12 feet, skate too fast, make impossible shots, can't always be hit, intercept everything, etc. Let people who play with cpu play other people who play with cpu.

- private games I actually can't beleive this was removed I used to enjoy playing a private threes game.
  • I was wondering if you are going to expand on the THREES game mode in the world of chel on NHL22? I have been playing mostly THREES the last 3 years, in NHL19 we played full 3 period hockey games of the arcade hockey it was a blast then you changed it in NHL20/NHL21 to a Eliminator which only goes to 7 with money pucks which to me has been a let down and a step backwards for that game mode. Essentially we are only playing barely one period of hockey most of the time even less then that (some games only last 40 seconds) we spend more time loading into the game and on the presentation that actually playing the game imagine paying 60 dollars to play one period of hockey that's kinda lame. so I think you should give us more options, I think you should have the threes eliminator to 7 and have another eliminator to play a full game I know most of the top 100 players on the xbox one and we have talked about this before or extend the games to 15 or so or take away the money pucks and go to 7 either way you have a huge community that plays that mode everyday and giving us more playable options would be a greatly appreciated.

The absolute last thing this game needs is a further dividing of the multitudinous modes it already has...
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Due to the covid situation and the almost impossible part of getting/buying a PS5/ Xbox series X, will we see a NHL22 on lsat gen consoles aswell? or is it only gonna be new gen?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4832 posts EA Community Manager
    @GarbageDay40

We don't have any official details to share right now for NHL 22, we can only ask you all to stay tuned for more announcements to come in the months ahead.

@Maze_Jolt_21

We don't have any information to confirm right now on which platforms NHL 22 will support.

Regarding the topic though, appreciate the discussion on the money puck. I am a little split on the idea myself. Lost some games due to it as well as won many because it helped me come from behind. I'd love to see the team expand more on the mode though. What do you all have in mind?
  • Money pucks are part of the arcade experience. It’s meant to be silly and different. Plus both teams have perspective when money pucks are activated, it’s fair game. The only argument might be who gets to start with the puck on an important money puck. Perhaps a face off on money pucks would be helpful.