EA Forums - Banner

90% of games played away.

Prev1
kezz123
612 posts Member
As with every year, our team has some players with very low ping (4-11ms) and as with every year, we coincidentally play 90+% of our games away (or home in some years)

So yah, can you explain this EA? Statistically speaking, this make 0 sense unless of course home / away is based on other factors than 50% chances (because we proved over thousands of games that its not 50% based).

Then the follow up question, why would you base home and away on other criteria? Could it be because there is some kind of networking requirement for a lower ping to be on one side of the ice? Why do you explain that we have the lowest pings 90% of the time yet feel laggy 90% of the time.

Please explain like im in kindergarten.

Replies

  • Ice Tilt duhhhh
  • I want the technical explanation,
    Surely they have a network guy who could chime in.
  • MdMc11
    41 posts Member
    kezz123 wrote: »
    I want the technical explanation,
    Surely they have a network guy who could chime in.

    They do and he won’t. Probably signed a NDA.
  • RampantAI
    33 posts Member
    edited March 18
    Well I would love to see proof of that, as I have my last 50 games played in EASHL on record and its almost a perfect split down the middle of home vs away games.
  • kezz123
    612 posts Member
    RampantAI wrote: »
    Well I would love to see proof of that, as I have my last 50 games played in EASHL on record and its almost a perfect split down the middle of home vs away games.

    Is there a way to see my game history? Id gladly provide it. I think we saw our home arena once only between unlocking 2 different arenas
  • Socair
    2716 posts Game Changer
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.
  • Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

  • Socair
    2716 posts Game Changer
    edited March 19
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    482 posts Member
    edited March 19
    I love all my jerseys equally, I do... but like children, we all have our favourites (joke)
    I don't really care about HUT/VS but EASHL definitely has a 3:1, possibly 4:1 away to home ratio for me and it can be annoying, especially when other people have such disgustingly nasty arenas
  • kezz123
    612 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
  • Socair
    2716 posts Game Changer
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.
  • kezz123
    612 posts Member
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.
  • EA_Aljo
    2699 posts EA Community Manager
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

    @Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.
  • kezz123
    612 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

    @Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

    I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

    How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

    I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

    So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

    All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

    and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

    Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.
  • Follisimo
    1088 posts Member
    I mean chances are the host is picking the server to a degree so they would in theory have a better connection because it's going to a server that favors them.

  • EA_Aljo
    2699 posts EA Community Manager
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

    @Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

    I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

    How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

    I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

    So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

    All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

    and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

    Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.

    EASHL is played on dedicated servers. Everyone's individual connection is not affecting others in the same game.

    As far as fatman lag goes, it's still lag. We haven't found evidence that it's coming from our servers. There are numerous servers your data is passing through. Plus, your own equipment that is on a network used by others. I'm not going to claim that our servers are perfect all the time. When we have issues, we put out a notice to let everyone know we're working to resolve them. However, we're not finding any issues that would consistently cause certain people to feel like their players are slower than their opponent's.
  • RSall14
    604 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

    @Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

    I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

    How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

    I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

    So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

    All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

    and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

    Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.

    EASHL is played on dedicated servers. Everyone's individual connection is not affecting others in the same game.

    As far as fatman lag goes, it's still lag. We haven't found evidence that it's coming from our servers. There are numerous servers your data is passing through. Plus, your own equipment that is on a network used by others. I'm not going to claim that our servers are perfect all the time. When we have issues, we put out a notice to let everyone know we're working to resolve them. However, we're not finding any issues that would consistently cause certain people to feel like their players are slower than their opponent's.

    Doesn't have to be the servers, but it's definitely coming from you guys in some shape or form. Remember years ago when captain lag was a thing?
  • kezz123
    612 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

    @Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

    I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

    How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

    I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

    So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

    All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

    and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

    Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.

    EASHL is played on dedicated servers. Everyone's individual connection is not affecting others in the same game.

    As far as fatman lag goes, it's still lag. We haven't found evidence that it's coming from our servers. There are numerous servers your data is passing through. Plus, your own equipment that is on a network used by others. I'm not going to claim that our servers are perfect all the time. When we have issues, we put out a notice to let everyone know we're working to resolve them. However, we're not finding any issues that would consistently cause certain people to feel like their players are slower than their opponent's.

    Ill just say that fatmanlag is definitely there and there are definitely clues to why it may occur. One element I posted in another thread is that I am in Ontario and when I play vs Qc people, I have fatmanlag all the time. Why is that? Who the heck knows. I live 1.5 hour drive from the people I play against. I have no issues with people several hours away in Ontario. It makes no sense to me but its absolutely disgusting to play like that where you take ages to turn around (feeling like 0 agility) or accelerate and so on. it really feels like there is a delay in everything I try to do so I attribute it to some sort of desync with the server. Is it the server? is it how the server handle the traffic (IE: Could the server somehow send the packets through a weird pattern in those instances?) I dont know enough about networking to explain it but I know patterns and logic. And its not logical to play 2 games back to back and fatmanlag an entire game and not the next and then to be able to notice trends such as playing vs QC teams = fatmanlag, Playing away games = fatmanlag. Mind you its possible that most of my away games are vs qc people so there is that. But I can assure you that my "home" game always feel crisp and responsive....again, reproduceable. So is my routing changing between home and away games or is there something perhaps you are not aware of happening in the background?

    I mean, how many times have we seen devs for various games post a patch about fixing a bug that had been there for months or years that they just realized "damage" wasnt dealt the way they intended this whole time.

    I just hope that you guys take more time to look at the networking part of the game because I strongly suspect that you will find some elements that are problematic.
  • kezz123
    612 posts Member
    RSall14 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

    @Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

    I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

    How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

    I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

    So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

    All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

    and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

    Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.

    EASHL is played on dedicated servers. Everyone's individual connection is not affecting others in the same game.

    As far as fatman lag goes, it's still lag. We haven't found evidence that it's coming from our servers. There are numerous servers your data is passing through. Plus, your own equipment that is on a network used by others. I'm not going to claim that our servers are perfect all the time. When we have issues, we put out a notice to let everyone know we're working to resolve them. However, we're not finding any issues that would consistently cause certain people to feel like their players are slower than their opponent's.

    Doesn't have to be the servers, but it's definitely coming from you guys in some shape or form. Remember years ago when captain lag was a thing?

    Thats what I was saying in one of my post. The captain in EASHL was selected based on ping and this was consistent. It was not randomly assigned to a player in the dressing room, it was always going to the same person unless a person with better connection joined the room then it would go to that person. This was very clear and very reproduceable. And yes, the captain was lagging. So the only difference today might be that you dont see the "captain" since its whoever who joined the room first that gets to be the captain (in the UI) but in the background, perhaps whatever the function of the captain that was making him lag is still there in the background. We just cant prove it anymore.
  • RSall14
    604 posts Member
    kezz123 wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

    Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

    No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

    Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

    When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

    Also its been like that for years.

    Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

    WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

    So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

    Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

    Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

    @Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

    I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

    How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

    I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

    So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

    All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

    and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

    Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.

    EASHL is played on dedicated servers. Everyone's individual connection is not affecting others in the same game.

    As far as fatman lag goes, it's still lag. We haven't found evidence that it's coming from our servers. There are numerous servers your data is passing through. Plus, your own equipment that is on a network used by others. I'm not going to claim that our servers are perfect all the time. When we have issues, we put out a notice to let everyone know we're working to resolve them. However, we're not finding any issues that would consistently cause certain people to feel like their players are slower than their opponent's.

    Doesn't have to be the servers, but it's definitely coming from you guys in some shape or form. Remember years ago when captain lag was a thing?

    Thats what I was saying in one of my post. The captain in EASHL was selected based on ping and this was consistent. It was not randomly assigned to a player in the dressing room, it was always going to the same person unless a person with better connection joined the room then it would go to that person. This was very clear and very reproduceable. And yes, the captain was lagging. So the only difference today might be that you dont see the "captain" since its whoever who joined the room first that gets to be the captain (in the UI) but in the background, perhaps whatever the function of the captain that was making him lag is still there in the background. We just cant prove it anymore.

    It's been like this since forever, they would have to devote a massive amount of resources which I don't see happening unfortunately.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!