kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

Are you a programmer? You have access to the code?
    Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

When im away I feel like I have 3 Overall.

Also its been like that for years.

Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean its not there.

WHats your ping by the way in average?
    Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

So i say I have a great ping and as such am always away.
    You say its impossible because it doesnt happen to you
    your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

@Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.

EASHL is played on dedicated servers. Everyone's individual connection is not affecting others in the same game.

As far as fatman lag goes, it's still lag. We haven't found evidence that it's coming from our servers. There are numerous servers your data is passing through. Plus, your own equipment that is on a network used by others. I'm not going to claim that our servers are perfect all the time. When we have issues, we put out a notice to let everyone know we're working to resolve them. However, we're not finding any issues that would consistently cause certain people to feel like their players are slower than their opponent's.

Doesn't have to be the servers, but it's definitely coming from you guys in some shape or form. Remember years ago when captain lag was a thing?

Yes, I do remember the captain lag issue. It took several months to resolve. That wasn't related to this. It was also a known issue that we updated the community about. If we find something on our end generating lag, we'll let you all know.
  • kezz123
    613 posts Member
    RSall14 wrote: »
    It’s just random. There isn’t any way to trigger either home or away nor is it programmed in any way.

Never seemed random to me for years now. Again, statistically speaking, I dont think its normal to play 8-15 games away for each 1 home consistently.

No, but sorry, a programmer isn’t going to come here and tell you it’s random. I’m sure there are clubs getting 90% home games too. Lucky them I guess? It makes no difference other than you don’t get to use your home jersey and arena as much.

Except there is a difference. I just finally got 2 home game in a row and felt like lightning the whole game. Won first one 10-1 and second one 7-1.

Ping doesn’t change depending on home or away. It’s a measure to the server everyone’s playing on. I get ~35ms to my nearest server and up to 90ms on the furthest.

your ping is average at best, which if my theory is correct (and I know it is) you WOULD see away or home frequently.

Anyways, its ok that you dont see the issue, you dont have to assume people who do are either full of crap or "unlucky" and try to discredit them, especially by coming in with a stance that makes it sound like you are 100% sure its not possible when you have no way to know.

Back when the "C" (EASHL) was assigned randomly to a player, I had the C every single game except when one guy joined us who was the only one with a better connection. Back then too we always had the away side. There is a connection here and its obvious but it wouldnt be to you if you have an average ping.

@Socair is correct. It's random. There also is no connection difference whether you're home or away.

I wish I could invite you to my place and play a few games and look at you telling me this with a straight face.

How do you explain that the C used to be given to the guy with the lowest ping every game. This was REPRODUCEABLE by the way which means it was actually coded that way. Why? This is what I am challenging. I dont believe for a second that just because the C thing has been "hidden/changed" that the actual purpose of it being there has changed.

I mean, you guys still havent explained fatmanlag despite countless reports of it over the year. Youd rather blame the guys with amazing connections in every games than look at your code.

So im showing a connection between great ping, constant away games (or C in dressing room / away games in past years) and fatmanlag. My suspicion is that although you claim to host all EASHL on servers, you still use the player with the best ping in some sort of way which ends up lagging said person.

All I can do is give you the clues. But at the end of the day, you clearly have some issues with your netcode or whatever and are failling to address them for years.

and yes, before you start probing my connection, I have 0 issues elsewhere, have had different xbox systems, have had different providers, different house, same issues. At some point, it might be worth taking a look in the mirror.

Also, pardon me if I dont trust your coding skills when the game has literally every single bugs I could dream of. We find a new bug in every game and your menus being so laggy and inefficient I struggle to think of ONE game that had worse UI than this one in the last 30 years.

EASHL is played on dedicated servers. Everyone's individual connection is not affecting others in the same game.

As far as fatman lag goes, it's still lag. We haven't found evidence that it's coming from our servers. There are numerous servers your data is passing through. Plus, your own equipment that is on a network used by others. I'm not going to claim that our servers are perfect all the time. When we have issues, we put out a notice to let everyone know we're working to resolve them. However, we're not finding any issues that would consistently cause certain people to feel like their players are slower than their opponent's.

Doesn't have to be the servers, but it's definitely coming from you guys in some shape or form. Remember years ago when captain lag was a thing?

Yes, I do remember the captain lag issue. It took several months to resolve. That wasn't related to this. It was also a known issue that we updated the community about. If we find something on our end generating lag, we'll let you all know.

Thanks,

if anything, I think its important for people to mention these things when they are noticed because to be honest, its hard to justify buying this game when a-im almost always away (not seeing my arena or home jerseys almost ever) b-am getting fatman lag in most of these if not all these away games and rarely if ever in home games. its a double negative and possibly some others who dont see the issue may just stop buying and say nothing give you no chance to resolve the potential issue / glitch.
  • This is the first I've heard of captain lag...

Anyhoo, home teams definitely play a role in lag, especially when I play against QC teams. They're home and I'm yellow bar, I'm home and they are yellow red -- nobody wants to play eachother and it just wastes everyone's time.

Would it be at all possible to just let teams choose what they want to see on their screens? The only difference would be what colours each team sees
  • MdMc11
    41 posts Member

Your servers are t perfect, ever. Not all of the time, but actually not ever.