EA Forums - Banner

The entire game

I feel like my time and money are thrown away by purchasing this game and buying EA access.
You never fix anything, you reward trash behavior and refuse to make any of it a good experience. This is the last year I will be buying EA anything. My frustration has become worse every time I play

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2706 posts EA Community Manager
    @SoulOnIc3

Thanks for the feedback. Would you be able to go into some detail? What would you like to see fixed? We're definitely aware not everything is working perfectly, but fixes have come over the years and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. Which behavior would you like to see change? What would make the experience better for you?
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @SoulOnIc3

Thanks for the feedback. Would you be able to go into some detail? What would you like to see fixed? We're definitely aware not everything is working perfectly, but fixes have come over the years and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. Which behavior would you like to see change? What would make the experience better for you?

Not to be rude, but could you please list some of the fixes over the years? Because I honestly haven't seen much fixed.

Also why does it take years to fix a broken game? Maybe take a year off and fix the game instead of consistently releasing a broken game each year just my opinion.
  • The game has errors and quality issues that frankly the developers should be embarrassed about.

For me the number one thing is the match making. I can't speak for all the modes but I predominately play EASHL 3's and sometimes 6's. Most of the issues with match making starts with the community. 3 Elite level 1's with max prestige playing in the Pro cup against (Div 7 and 8) players. That is a community issue but EA refuses or does not have the ability to fix it. Imagine getting this game for the first time and facing that type of competition every game or every 2nd or 3rd game. No chance is that fun or will you want to keep playing for any length of time. What I don't understand is how is it fun for these sand baggers? How can it be fun when 90% of you games end in a DNF win in less than a period of play.

Game has big problems. But, I love hockey and there is no competition for EA so not much will or has changed over the years other than all the gimmick **** that's been beaten to death in these forums already.
  • EA_Aljo
    Gifto73 wrote: »
    The game has errors and quality issues that frankly the developers should be embarrassed about.

For me the number one thing is the match making. I can't speak for all the modes but I predominately play EASHL 3's and sometimes 6's. Most of the issues with match making starts with the community. 3 Elite level 1's with max prestige playing in the Pro cup against (Div 7 and 8) players. That is a community issue but EA refuses or does not have the ability to fix it. Imagine getting this game for the first time and facing that type of competition every game or every 2nd or 3rd game. No chance is that fun or will you want to keep playing for any length of time. What I don't understand is how is it fun for these sand baggers? How can it be fun when 90% of you games end in a DNF win in less than a period of play.

Game has big problems. But, I love hockey and there is no competition for EA so not much will or has changed over the years other than all the gimmick **** that's been beaten to death in these forums already.

Are you saying you'd like a rank restriction for each division? I get that a high rank shows someone has been playing a lot, but it doesn't mean they are elite players. If we only have Max prestige people play others at or near their rank, they'd have a very difficult time finding others to play since those that are maxed out make up a small part of the playerbase. If we restrict their rank, that doesn't take away from their skill. You could still end up with highly skilled players going up against lesser skilled players. I'm definitely not saying the match-making system is perfect. It's very possible it could change in the future.
  • In all honesty, I'm just tired of the game, there's no enjoyment, I can win in any format available and there is still nothing to be salvaged.
    Play HUT, you only get good players in packs that you buy, not packs you earn or use coins for, so the person putting more money into it wins.
    Play CHEL, plagued by crybaby players that curse you out for not playing their way, or you play against someone that exploits every built in glitch the game has to offer.
    I gave up on NHL for a long time, after playing the last couple of years again, I think it time to just go back to my NES and play Blades of Steel
  • SoulOnIc3 wrote: »
    I feel like my time and money are thrown away by purchasing this game and buying EA access.
    You never fix anything, you reward trash behavior and refuse to make any of it a good experience. This is the last year I will be buying EA anything. My frustration has become worse every time I play

i really like the game,stating its a perfect game. i do have frustration too; Since the rivals reset i played 30 games(10 wins-20 loses),getting from division 3 to div 4. my opponents were all faster than me,their shots and passes were perfect when mine were not. My centers are 99 on faceoffs and i was losing 75 % o f then lol. My team is one of the best many players have seen 96 ovr, 99 off 99 def and 91goaler with vasy TOTY 97. omg and the speed of my fwd are all between 93-99. anyway, only EA know the secret behind this...A lot of people hate this game for a reason and i understand them. i have a question in my mine,is the cross crease is only here this year to celebrate the nhl 94 anniversary?
  • SoulOnIc3 wrote: »

i have a question in my mine,is the cross crease is only here this year to celebrate the nhl 94 anniversary?

Hehe nope it's here to stay, cause defense, the A.I's former job, is now our job!
  • EA_Aljo
    SoulOnIc3 wrote: »
    In all honesty, I'm just tired of the game, there's no enjoyment, I can win in any format available and there is still nothing to be salvaged.
    Play HUT, you only get good players in packs that you buy, not packs you earn or use coins for, so the person putting more money into it wins.
    Play CHEL, plagued by crybaby players that curse you out for not playing their way, or you play against someone that exploits every built in glitch the game has to offer.
    I gave up on NHL for a long time, after playing the last couple of years again, I think it time to just go back to my NES and play Blades of Steel

You can't just have the best possible players and be guaranteed wins. Personal skill is most important. You also can get high-rated players out of free packs. You're not required to purchase packs. We see people commenting very frequently about getting good players in reward packs and sets.