EA Forums - Banner

Patch 1.5 AI Changes? Seems worse than EVER

@EA_Aljo
@EA_Blueberry
Can you guys confirm or deny that there have been AI changes in the 1.5 patch? I read on 1 website that there were "AI Improvements". And if there have been can you please elaborate on what they are? This may be just paranoia but my teammate AI is worse than ever. More useless than they were prior to the patch.

Here is what the website said...

Bug Fixes

Fixed crashing issues.
Added AI improvements
Performance enhancements
NHL 21 1.50 added stability improvements.
Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
Other minor under the hood fixes.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2739 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Aljo
    @EA_Blueberry
    Can you guys confirm or deny that there have been AI changes in the 1.5 patch? I read on 1 website that there were "AI Improvements". And if there have been can you please elaborate on what they are? This may be just paranoia but my teammate AI is worse than ever. More useless than they were prior to the patch.

Bug Fixes

Fixed crashing issues.
    Added AI improvements
    Performance enhancements

Where are you seeing those patch notes? The 1.5 details can be found here. I believe you're looking at patch notes for a previous game.
  • @EA_Aljo
    You may correct now that I look at it. The link says NHL20, but the link content says NHL21. Strange...

https://updatecrazy.com/nhl-20-update-version-1-50-patch-details/
  • EA_Aljo
    @EA_Aljo
    You may correct now that I look at it. The link says NHL20, but the link content says NHL21. Strange...

https://updatecrazy.com/nhl-20-update-version-1-50-patch-details/

That's not one of our sites so we can't control their content. It's possible they made a mistake and thought they were putting up the recent patch notes.
  • @EA_Aljo

Thanks

So just to confirm...no AI changes or game play changes have happened in the past couple of weeks. Correct?
  • MdMc11
    41 posts Member

@EA_Aljo
    @EA_Blueberry

Bug Fixes

Fixed crashing issues.
    Added AI improvements
    Performance enhancements

The latest patch EA will proudly boast of was a WHOPPING three alternate jersey additions for junior league hockey clubs. Aesthetics which nobody wanted, needed, asked for! Certainly three things nobody will even utilize enough to justify allocating any amount of time and/resources wasted with it. But hey, why fix any one of the infinite bugs the game is and has been plagued with when you can give the community the Chicoutimi Saguenéens alternate jersey instead!!!
  • EA_Aljo
    @EA_Aljo

Thanks

So just to confirm...no AI changes or game play changes have happened in the past couple of weeks. Correct?

Correct.
  • it was prior to this patch ,the A.I was more balance at lauch
    i did a little experiment the other day an re install the game
    the game is different and well balance ,the major flaw is the skating animation glitch ..
    but somehow along the way EA team got lose along the way and the AI
    got less aggressive and stop shooting ...

cheers
    MRSENATEURS