EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: Feedback on playing real hockey

Prev13456711
EA_Aljo
3199 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 18
Hey, NHL fans!
We've seen some discussion about what constitutes real hockey in our NHL game. There are complaints about the lack of realism with how people play. There are also others that choose to play in a more realistic manner. Let's get your feedback on what changes you'd like to see to make the game play more like real hockey. Should we remove abilities so they can't be exploited? Should there be a reward system based on playing more authentic hockey? What are your ideas to make the game more immersive and feeling like you're as close to being on the ice as you can get. As always, keep the conversation constructive. That's the best way for your feedback to make an impact. We'll get things started with a question from @Sega82mega
The topic of this thread.

Just a curious question.

Considering that alot of people dont play hockey in this game, how is it that 'everyone' knows whats wrong with the game?

I dont get that to match up.

Im typing this cause I get abit irritated after trying to play hockey with numerous of players, but all they do is the same thing.

Is it then the same people that comes here and complain that the game ain't 'hockey'.

Or is the only people that write on this forum the 1% that dont play like everyone else?

*And importent, I dont mean to be rude by question this, im just honestly curious how people can know so sure whats wrong with the game when alot of people dont play hockey. But they somehow know why there not playing hockey.

Replies

• Sega82mega
    4211 posts Member
    edited March 19
    *wonderful initiative, to what I hope will be a really interesting and constructive discussion!*

Let's hear it...

I can start..

Should we remove abilities so they can't be exploited?

- not really, keep improve vision control. The behind the back pass needs to be more realistic, might have to tune the ability for making a pass in a too narrow angle. Don't know how this will impact the rest of the gameplay. But definitely worth a try, to see our reactions.

Should there be a reward system based on playing more authentic hockey?

- I dont know how that would look, but I like the sound of it. Everything that could get us closer to the ice is welcome by me.

And my own idea why the gameplay often feels pretty 'stress out' is the constantly switching to the player thats closest to the puck carrier and a really quick click of the poke-check, this behavior often follows you all the way from your own zone to the o-zone.

I feel we should have more responsibility on how aggressive we can play with both our sticks and body, it should be more devastating to give up your position. It should also be more hard to pinch on the puck carrier. If you don't think through your actions very careful, and weigh the risks and benefits of your options, you should get punished. If you play hard, aggressive, it should have a more expensive price to pay.

Your own AI should be a 'mirror' on your player in control. A misdirected player in control should have a misdirected AI.

If it's possible, take out auto-sauce pass, take no free-riders to people's desire for cross creases, also make the 1timers to be more about timing and control, the more panic in your own play before the 1timer the harder it should be.

My thoughts about defense vs offens:

I bealive everyone knows pretty well how to play with the puck.

But when it comes to the other part of hockey, defense, there's a big room for improvements.

I think the best way to get this serie to feel diffrent, would be to focus on the defensive part of the game, get people to feel it's fun to play a tight 'D'.

But the hardest part will be to get 'everyone' to understand the fundamental rules of playing defense, I can't help feeling that people still don't really have a clue how they should act properly for the game to cooperate with them, when they dont have the puck.

So if you somehow can make defense mather/(and understandable), even more then now, I think the rest will follow.

I said it before, but our elite in this game, all respect to you guys, but.. They scare me abit, cause they are amazing with the puck, they are so use to only have the puck and rely on their ability to only score goals, so defense isn't really - that - importen for this players.

And unfortunately, everyone wanna be elite and they see this guys and try to copy them.

We/the game, will need to have good ambassadors in the name of hockey, that will probebly be enough for the rest to follow.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    This may vary by game mode too but I like the topic.

For eashl modes I think it starts with balanced scoring. If you have glitch shots then people who want to win will go for that one shot all game and that kills the immersion. One timer passes going through defenders too often will mean thats all people will try. Scoring from the point was nerfed into near non existent this year so teams just jam 5 skaters into the crease knowing the point isn't a threat and the more bodies in front of a cross crease pass the better.

Should there be high% shots, of course. Those opportunities need to be spread out into realistic areas with rates that aren't extremely unbalanced for just one or two of them. If the successful ways to score match those in the NHL then players are more Iikely to play like NHL teams to earn those spots.
  • From the perspective of offline Full-Sim...
    I like what they've been trying to do to build a "sim" style game into the 10 minute period frame. It's enough game for stats to play out and a story line to build. Have they improved over the past few iterations? Yeah. A little. But boy oh boy, there is so much that detracts from the "immersion" of this game.
    The A.I. has been so neglected. I mean, I don't know what they're doing half the time. Everything seems so arbitrary and some basic hockey is not existent.
    Special teams are just atrocious. It's just a convoluted mess. There is nothing about PPs and PKs in this game the make me feel like I'm on the PP or PK. There never really has been. They should call the "passive box" option "drunk people doing the electric slide" and the "overload" the "hokey pokey".
    Get rid of the "scripted puck" engine. Let it follow the physics. I'm tired of poke-checking an opposing AI skater, (who's just skating in a straight line) 4 or 5 or 6 times just for him to get it back each time.
    If you're not going to model faces for players you can't scan, then give us to option to edit players with generic faces. This has gone on for way too long.
    Boardplay. Almost as irrelevant as the powerplays.
    It's about time the AI learned to take a TIMEOUT!
    If we're going to hire coaches and those coaches have strategies and schemes, then those coaches should be calling the shots in the game. Otherwise, I'm the coach and this whole thing is irrelevant. Also, I know you can't use real coaches, but you could model the schemes of the real life counterparts instead of generating random coaches each time you start a new franchise. These coaches all have no records, and their styles and schemes don't fit the players they've been building with. Durhh.
    I could go on, but I'm going to go play Tetris while I wait to see if SDS is going the way of EA or will MLB the Show 21 actually be worth playing.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Should we remove abilities so they can't be exploited?

Absolutely not.

However - EA could do a LOT more to educate players on how to properly defend against those abilities.

There isn't a single ability in this game that can't be defended against. But there are very skilled players who know exactly how to use those abilities to exploit players who don't know what to do to defend against them.

This doesn't mean those abilities should be removed nor does it mean the people who get scored on constantly are necessarily poor at the defensive side of hockey- it just means there needs to be more of an effort on EA's part to provide the insight in to how to defend against the most common abilities that highly skilled players online are able to pull off with a good amount of success.

Should there be a reward system based on playing more authentic hockey?

It would be nice if there was a system in the game that watched for real-world tactics and acknowledged, in some way, the effort of the user to utilize those real-world skills.

As a player who often uses things such as chipping the puck around defenders (using both sauce and the new 'chip' animation), constantly dumping and chasing, and making a concerted effort to score different types of goals - it would be nice if I was given some type of 'authentic playmaker' bonus.

Whether it be an extra couple of points in the CR I get for a win, or a badge next to my username that indicates to all of my opponents that I consistently utilize a real-world style of play that is successful - it would be nice to not only be 'rewarded' in some way, but also given some type of recognition for playing in a way that authentically represents the sport while simultaneously being successful.

The recognition piece would go a long way, especially if there was emphasis on players scoring different types of goals.

For example; If I win a game 4-3 and each of those 4 goals were scored from different areas, with different shots, while the user aims at different locations on the net - I should receive some type of recognition of that effort. Same goes for the player who loses but scores 3 very different goals.

Whereas a player who scores 4 goals that are ALL from passes across the slot, where the user ALWAYS aims to the same spot (top shelf) or where the player scores from the same spot on the ice (like in the faceoff circle for that against-the-grain cheese) - they should NOT receive any recognition.

If the player in the first scenario were to receive some type of badge for consistently scoring using various methods - you're going to see the community begin to try and obtain those badges by trying different ways to score, which, IMO would open the game up much like when tripping was amped up with errant poke checks.

This wouldn't force players to score different goals - those users who want to abuse the same goal over and over again because their opponent is poorly defending it can continue to do so without penalty.

But a player who can dominate using real-world tactics would receive a little more of a bump in the standings for doing so.

What are your ideas to make the game more immersive and feeling like you're as close to being on the ice as you can get.

1. In EASHL, allow players to 'line-change' and switch their player type. It would be nice if you recognize the player type you've chosen doesn't match up well with your opponents - you could go to the bench for a 'line-change' and pick a different build.
    2. In EASHL, allow players to dynamically set up for faceoffs while containing them to the area in which they should be for any given faceoff. Not being tied to 'defensive,normal,agreesive' faceoff setups in favor of whatever your team wants to do - while staying within the rules for faceoff setups - would be a breath of fresh air.
    3. Stop allowing players to pause the game in-between whistles. Develop a U.I. that allows players to adjust what they need on the fly between whistles/periods without interrupting the flow of the game.
    4. Bring some interactivity between whistles - maybe a U.I. pops up after every whistle with some options such as the captain 'firing up the bench' (with subsequent animation showing the captain speaking to a player or the group to get them going), quick line edits, matchup options for the home side (last change), strategy adjustments, etc. Right now adjusting these in between whistles is a cat and mouse game with the flow of the off play sequences. (ie: Bring up strategy adjustment post-whistle, cutscene is playing behind the U.I. but then goes black to transition to faceoff sequence and the strategy screen is gone and you're unsure where you left it - so you need to bring it up AGAIN which causes your timing for the faceoff to be messed up)
  • "a badge next to my username that indicates to all of my opponents that I consistently utilize a real-world style of play that is successful "

That would be dope!

Also a good marker to my opponent's before the game.

Were you know your about to get a 'clean fight'. Might reduce the level of toxicity.

Like a message," I play clean if you do so", lets enjoy the ride.
  • EA_Aljo
    3199 posts EA Community Manager
    @KidShowtime1867

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely like the idea of tracking diversity with shots and being rewarded for it. Cool idea.

I hate how the strategy options go away during those transitions. Hopefully, that will be improved in the future.

Having some tutorials on defending could be good. I imagine there are a number of them online already, but something in-game might help.

I don't mind the pausing. Online, you're limited to one so I don't feel like 30 seconds is too much to ask. It would certainly be annoying if there were more though. Regardless, I'm all for adjusting on the fly. What else do you want to adjust besides strategies and lines?

For dynamic faceoffs sound interesting. Do you want an extended window so that everyone can get into position or do you start in position, but are able to then have a brief window to skate to a different spot?

Thanks again. The constructive feedback is really appreciated.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited March 19
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @KidShowtime1867

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely like the idea of tracking diversity with shots and being rewarded for it. Cool idea.

I hate how the strategy options go away during those transitions. Hopefully, that will be improved in the future.

Having some tutorials on defending could be good. I imagine there are a number of them online already, but something in-game might help.

I don't mind the pausing. Online, you're limited to one so I don't feel like 30 seconds is too much to ask. It would certainly be annoying if there were more though. Regardless, I'm all for adjusting on the fly. What else do you want to adjust besides strategies and lines?

For dynamic faceoffs sound interesting. Do you want an extended window so that everyone can get into position or do you start in position, but are able to then have a brief window to skate to a different spot?

Thanks again. The constructive feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks to you guys for taking the time to generate some quality feedback here.

In regards to the pausing - I totally understand 30 seconds isn't a lot of time and in a mode like HUT or OVP - it typically doesn't happen often.

The issue rears its ugly head when playing EASHL/Drop-Ins. I've always said that the ability for one person to pause the game for 11 other people, even though it's only once and only for 30 seconds, instantly ruins the flow of the game. Not to mention, if someone decides to pause the game for whatever reason, the team who initiated the pause loses their ability to call a timeout. I believe this has been overlooked for years.

When playing a drop-in, you basically expect a pause after the first whistle, and definitely after the first goal.

It would be nice if people could quit and/or adjust their camera angle without interrupting the flow for everyone else.

Besides the ability to adjust lines and strategies with a floating U.I. between whistles, other things to potentially include:

- The ability to instruct a single player to play with a specific goal in mind for the next shift - whether it be a deep forecheck or instructing them to go for a big hit, get open on their strong side etc - independent of the current strategy for that line

- Adding on to that - the ability to give specific instructions to the entire outgoing line for next shift only. Options like 'strong forecheck' - 'double team puck carrier' - 'active sticks in the passing lane' (to encourage A.I. to utilize DSS) - 'deep defending' (ie; winning by 1 in the final minute push) - 'high pressure offense' (same scenario, but reversed).

Of course, these instructions would come with their own risk/reward; risks being higher chance of penalties being called if telling a player/line to go for a big hit, increased risk of tripping when calling for active sticks - and the rewards ranging from getting a loose puck from a big hit or active stick or a player getting a buff to shot accuracy when there's a successful strong forecheck.

- For the home team, being able to see line the visitors have out and matching them.

- If custom plays make a return to the NHL series, it would be neat to give your line the instruction to attempt a created play (which you could choose in the floating U.I.) during their next shift. This would be an efficient alternative to how it was usually done - slowly skating your player to where you designated the created play should begin.

I would say starting in position but allowing players to adjust would be a good start. Forcing players to stop moving when the referee approaches the faceoff dot would eliminate any type of 'unrealistic' movement during the draw. That said - the animation of the referee going from his static position to where he's about to drop the puck could be drawn out longer to facilitate players adjusting their faceoff positions.
  • Sega82mega
    4211 posts Member
    edited March 19
    I just wanna point out this from kiddie-man...

"However - EA could do a LOT more to educate players on how to properly defend against those abilities.

There isn't a single ability in this game that can't be defended against. But there are very skilled players who know exactly how to use those abilities to exploit players who don't know what to do to defend against them.

This doesn't mean those abilities should be removed nor does it mean the people who get scored on constantly are necessarily poor at the defensive side of hockey- it just means there needs to be more of an effort on EA's part to provide the insight in to how to defend against the most common abilities that highly skilled players online are able to pull off with a good amount of success."

Im 100% behind that.

It's something I notice every time I play now days. My only goal today is to get the gameplay to play out like hockey. No mather win or loose. I even try to make 'instructions' to my opponent's by stearing them in right direaction, for the game to get great.

But lets say about 90% maybe even more, dosent 'get it' and just play on like they always do.

There often to stressful, they forecheck way to high, when they suppose to back off, but beacuse they dont do this in right time and continue to forecheck, it's either gets call for a tripping penalty or they manage to get a really 'forced' Cross crease if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile im almost standing still with my player. And they go on the hardest they can.

We need to get everyone to understand the basic in playing defense.

This is by far the biggest missunderstanding aaaand problem with this game, it makes everyone frustrated. And it hasnt have to be this way.

It's sad for both the player base and the developers. That we can't really understand each other.

And also.. People dont take shots when they 'has to/should do'.. For the gameplay to be smooth, instead they hold on for the cross crease.. I could probebly have let up 50 goals if people just took shots when they had an open line. But they let that opportunitie up and instead forcing the gameplay to just be impossible to maneuver. Usally when behind the back pass happen and other funny stuff.
  • .. And keep improving the ability to use the boards to find diffrent ways to pass around the puck, with sauce, passes and wristers, it's a great tool to find open space on the ice to take advantage of. It also gives you more variety to take on people that just comes running at you. Could perhaps encourage people to be more careful.

Also keep building on the goalies movement, to get them to move as humane they can to the puck physic. As example, I love to be able to use my opponent's goalie to get pressure in the o-zone by aiming low on the goalies pads for me to pick up in the corner.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    516 posts Member
    edited March 21
    At the end of the day it's all about the W - If I can help it, I'd like to actually earn my wins instead of relying on the same dekes and players that realistically would be anticipated/stopped.

I mean, I want to make the absolute best build I can stat-wise, but I guess outright removing traits is at least worth testing. You'd definitely need to increase base stats for things to remain fun though.

6 on 6 games don't need any changes imo, that's completely on those teams and thry should all have well rounded builds and know their specific jobs - the real problem comes from 2-4 player teams who need to play beyond their builds and thusare forced to get arcadey.

Higher AI learning could be something to look into - I've heard the argument players could manipulate the system to guarantee goals but I don't see how.

3's and 6's AI goalies just need to be set on All-star difficulty and human goalies should be made extremely fast/agile but need to be perfect with saves to compensate.

Customizable strategies could break up the meta and force more natural counter-attacks/plays
    Post edited by TTZ_Dipsy on
  • I have a million things to say about this and this is the most important topic on the board. But if I had to single out one aspect of the game that would make this game way better and more realistic is simply adhering to the laws of physics more.

First, there needs to be an effect of the boards on the players, especially the puck carrier. Right now the offensive team has basically another 5 feet of ice on each side of the rink to work with, since they can run into the boards and have no negative consequences. In real hockey the boards basically serve as another defenceman and serve to limit time and space for the offense. It's like if you had an extra 10 yards of end zone to throw to in madden or you could dribble through Jack Nicholson's courtside seats during the game in NBA. That would change the game. In this game you can force people wide and angle them out only to have them turn into the boards and escape pressure. This can be changed many ways, minimally by slowing the puck carrier down when running into the boards, or even more by having them stumble or lose the puck.

Second, there needs to be more adherence to physics when passing. There needs to more of a "wind up" when passing the puck, especially when on the backhand and passing it hard. Right now you can do that backhand glide and wiggle thing and then send a bullet pass across two zones instantaneously, with barely a flick of the wrist. I know people will complain about delay and stuff but too bad, that's physics and that's hockey. Similarly, there needs to be way more of a penalty to passing when the receiving player is not in the passer's view, and when passing from awkward angles. Yes, NHL players make no look passes in real life but not at the rate or degree of difficulty that it occurs in this game. You have to remember that we are watching from above and can see everything on the ice at once, which actual players obviously can't do. So there has to be a mechanic that accounts for this, that punishes you at least a little bit for passing to players you can't see.

I have a million more things to say about this but that is it for now.
  • You can only speak from personal experience and unfortunately most people who complain it isn’t about the health of, in this case, the game but about their (e)ego.
    With that said if there are exploits definitely remove them as best you can. From exaggerated passes, shots, saves to under exaggerated hits, blocks, “invisible” boards (like someone has already mentioned in this topic) to quitting matches to avoid/gain certain results.
    Better board play (user players can’t dig the puck out like the a.I., but if they can I’ve never seen it or done it myself). User goalies move like they weigh 600lbs but only take up about a post’s width of the net and have the flexibility of styrofoam. Do whatever else needs to be done to make the matches more balanced and less feeling of being tilted towards any one particular side but more about reactions, reflexes, knowledge and a little bit of luck.
    From a gameplay perspective customization for the controls would be a welcome addition as it won’t erase all the other tools that have been added but allow users to play more to their strengths.
    A realistic hockey experience comes from a responsible one and knowing the strength/weakness of your created player and playing to them and adjusting as best you can on the fly. There’s no such thing as perfection otherwise it would be the game that never ends but there is better effort.
  • Sega82mega
    4211 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Higher AI learning, would definitely help.

I dont know, but as it is, it's gotta be we(the human) that adjust to our own AI, and not the opposite way ah?

From times to times, especially in the o-zone, I sometimes give away the puck along the side of the board, when I try to get a cycle going, I experience it most when I try to backhand flip the puck behind my back. Dosent feel like the A.I is prepared for too much innovation, especially things that happen behind your back.

But this is nothing 'new' in the real world too, were players like Crosby for example, probably always will have to 'adjust' to hes environment. If he play like he wants to, 'no one' would probebly understand him.

But as for the game, would be fun if the AI could show abit more versatile in quite advanced play.

Create plays, would be cool, unless there wont be a thing for people to use to somehow exploit the game, by setting up some 'magic' combination thats nearly impossible to break.

Perhaps you could say, 'I cant play more hockey, then what my AI allows me to do'. In some meaning.

*Just have to say, I like all the post in this thread. High level. Keeps me inspired!
  • kyl_35
    177 posts Member
    Just make the goalies play like real, modern goalies. Catching in front of their body was a huge plus added in this game. Now the blocker saves need to be fixed.
  • Kinda rambling off the top of my head but I'll edit this as I think of more;

- Implement a tag up system, similar to line changes in real NHL. Would force teams to dump and just skate to their bench to regain full stamina. Would fix the constant North South and the over abundance of Omahas you will see in a game.

- Make stats interactive during a game. If you getting clobbered constantly make the injury last longer. Yes it feels bad but then maybe play a little smart hockey. Also in that same vein if you keep throwing passes cross ice that get intercepted your passing rating should take a hit until you start connecting some simplier passes. You could also reward good play with a small bump in stats also.

- Bring back blown tires and broken sticks! Why this ever got removed is beyond me.

- One timers are too OP right now. Everything is tape to tape and a perfectly placed laser. Missed shots or not getting all of it happen all the time in hockey bring it to the game.

- Fumbling a pass happens too.

- Make offense players feel the pressure of a d man on them.

- Goalies movement was a good step, but we're still too slow horizontally. We also can get locked into animations and then can't move, or (rarer to happen) I'll the goalie and he won't make an animation and just keep shuffling after the puck goes in the net.

- Fix forwards ability to hold the puck through the boards. It's awful and silly to see.

I understand our games are only ~20 minutes long compared to a real NHL game. Yet only seeing someone shot 4 or 5 times a game while attempting the same play over and over is silly. I understand you can't force people to play a certain, but you can incentivize and encourage the correct way to play more.

I'll add more as I think of them.
  • Sega82mega
    4211 posts Member
    edited March 23
    RecycleBinHero

Implement a tag up system, by that you basically mean - make stamina mather more then what it does now?

"Also in that same vein if you keep throwing passes cross ice that get intercepted your passing rating should take a hit until you start connecting some simplier passes" -

That was interesting - have more dynamic attributes that is affected by the way we play. Would be a little bit like momentum.

"Bring back blown tires and broken sticks"

I like them both - as long as it's not too random, we have to be able to avoid this from happening - or at least lower the risk, by the way we play. But shots for example, sometimes we wind up slapshots really fast, were we just try to get away with the shot - not so much control, that could be something that would increase the risk of a broken stick - might encourage people to slow down and do things with more control and rhythm.

One timers are too OP right now and Fumbling a pass happens too.

Yup, one timers should be based on timing, and should fail more often then not.

And yes more passes without any adress, more sloppy gameplay, forth and back, were you have to fight to get the puck into the o-zone. Just a dump-in should never be a bad thing.

You should not have to feel that you 'just give the puck away'.
  • Skating is a huge reason for the lack of realism in this game as well. There is a severe lack of momentum to skating, leading to the "wiggling" and figure skating that we see so much of. Just watch how many times a puck carrier will be completely angled out with no options, only to quickly slam on the brakes and reverse directions insanely quickly (Superstar AI does this constantly). Players are WAY too agile, and should lose way more speed when changing directions and/or starting and stopping.

The LT/L2 figure skating with the puck is just absurd at this point, and how it has been such a massive exploit for 2-3 years (I think?) is incomprehensible. Players should lose WAY more speed when going from sprinting down the wing to skating backwards to the slot with the puck. My god, please fix the L2/LT abuse, if nothing else. I know McDavid does half turns and throws defenceman off with them once in a while in real life, but that is far different than skating backwards with the puck for long stretches of time to create offense. It is beyond me how anyone wanted or wants this in the game. Please fix this, it has been years.
  • "wiggling" and figure skating and to turn back now and then (and not in a decent/fair way) is a common way to use to avoid contact and to keep the puck.

I have always used my skating in a 'human way', try to move exactly how hockey players move on ice.

Whats stoping me and my flow is often the opponent's way of trying to avoid 1vs1 moments.

So I dont know, if you use the skating ability like you suppose to do, it's really accurate, but beacuse alot of people use it differently, you have to adjust to how they move, which often destroy the flow in your own pace.

But because skating more or less - is - hockey, I sure hope it will get you way more benefits if your good at it in this game. And then im talking about, if you use it properly, without just LT'ing right left and up and down.
  • IMO - of your opponent is “wiggling” it means they have a very good grasp on how to control their players’ speed and they’re aware you’re skating at them with full speed.

But yea - there needs to be something done about players using LT coming into the O-Zone to try and draw a tripping penalty.
  • Sega82mega
    4211 posts Member
    edited March 23
    And at the same time dont remove the ability to turn your back against the defender, to protect the puck.

People tend to play the same defense as they play offens.

And how they forecheck in the o-zone is often the same principle they use as defense. They forecheck in their own defensive zone.

No mather zone, it's a direct way of playing. 100% puck focus.

So one thing I learned, that works best for me to carrying the puck into the o-zone and try to set up, it is to follow the one side of the board, a quick press on X(protect the puck) and then turn my player with L2, this way I turn with my back against the center of the zone, and I get the puck protected closest to the board. This way I can 'buy myself some time' and wait for my team to set up, and then give my defender the puck.

3 things usally happen here.

1. I manage to set up. And the opponent has no idea of how to defend this play.

2. I only manage to spin half way before the opponent is able to crush me with a hit or poke. I loose the puck.

3. Opponent gets call for a tripping. Cause he flyes at me(way to aggressive) with a poke check same time when im close to turn myself around.

But im aware, same procedure I use to set up realistic plays with, is the same procedure someone else uses to 'exploit'.

And thats probebly the hardest part for the developers to get 'fair and fully in balance'.

There is so many diffrent ways you can use one singel tool. Vision control for example.

But I wish it was easier to enter the zone and still have decent control of puck and speed.

More variation, so it's not just for the defending team to push straight on to the puck carrier and think everything will be fine.

That type of 'defense' is way to common and too successful.