2Next

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3222 posts EA Community Manager
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Lion you make a good point, but defense right now...only seems to get punished one way. One team always has a distinct speed advantage despite size/weight on defense.

One team does not get some kind of advantage other than having more natural skill.

I can make my sniper build with 92 speed.

My offensive Dman maxes out at 86 speed.

That’s clearly an advantage.

Yes. There is an advantage and it's intended. Getting more speed based on the build as well as the size and weight of the player is normal. I'm saying there's no hidden boost for either side.

But the issue is that 86 speed Dman will outskate that 92 speed sniper 8 out of 10 times.

I haven't seen this happen but will keep an eye out for it. If you want to provide some video, that will help. Thanks.
  • twhite1387 wrote: »
    Lion you make a good point, but defense right now...only seems to get punished one way. One team always has a distinct speed advantage despite size/weight on defense.

One team does not get some kind of advantage other than having more natural skill.

Yes. There is an advantage and it's intended. Getting more speed based on the build as well as the size and weight of the player is normal. I'm saying there's no hidden boost for either side.

But the issue is that 86 speed Dman will outskate that 92 speed sniper 8 out of 10 times.

Not in EASHL with the preset builds.

• EA_Aljo wrote: »

It’s intended because EA always gives the offence the advantage.

There is no excuse why my offensive Dman should have height and weight restrictions as they are now at 5’10 and 185 lbs but a Sniper can be 5’7 and 160 lbs.

I understand that height and weight can sometimes affect a players speed, agility and whatever other trait but don’t make them as such that it favours the forwards.

Also if we’re talking realism get rid of the Enforcer build. Are there any even left in the NHL or high professional leagues?

The majority of people just use them in this game to troll and skate around hitting players and fighting with no intention of playing hockey otherwise. Getting rid of this build at least would get rid of those ways to troll.

Wrong! I use a sniper build and rarely get out skated by any Dman if I have a sufficient amount of energy meanwhile when I use my offensive Dman I have to really pay attention to gap control and my energy to not get out skated by the smallest speedy Sniper build.

Obviously this is EASHL which is obviously what this thread is ONLY talking about.

• [quote="IceLion68;c-2191082"][quote="MySPARKOFSANITY;c-2189772"]I think EASHL should take a fundamental change that would change the game to more resemble hockey.

Each player should be required and load into each game with 2 builds. One primary rated around (80-85) and one secondary (70-75).
    (This should be fine as we load in 40 seperate player ratings in vs and HUT matches)

Allow line changes between these two and completely revamp the fatigue system. You cannot regain energy while on the ice, only stay flat or drop. This will force players to line change and play a completely different style than exclusively run and gun.
    [b]
    Players defending would lose energy quicker than offensive players. [/b]

I believe this would punish river hockey and reward system hockey. Players would either get trapped with low energy because of trying to play too offensive or even players making bad line changes will create greater scoring chances.[/quote]
    Punishing defense further - which is already at a disadvantage - is NOT a good idea.
    [/quote]

I think your missing the point... Forwards are also being punished in this format if they are getting hemmed in their zone.
    This would prevent situation everyone complains about, where as soon as the defending team gets the puck they race down with full energy trying to force countless cross crease passes.
    Those forwards would instead need to change to get a player with energy.

Wrong! I use a sniper build and rarely get out skated by any Dman if I have a sufficient amount of energy meanwhile when I use my offensive Dman I have to really pay attention to gap control and my energy to not get out skated by the smallest speedy Sniper build.

Obviously this is EASHL which is obviously what this thread is ONLY talking about.

LMAO its not "Wrong!" This happened to us 3 times last night, and one time FOR us. Please explain how my 6'6" enforcer defenceman outskated a 5'7" dangler. On three separate occasions I'll wait. Always pay attention to the meter...but when its 3/4 full, you're gonna lose that race alot more than you think to someone who shouldnt win it.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

I haven't seen this happen but will keep an eye out for it. If you want to provide some video, that will help. Thanks.

I will but the video but the only thing it will show is the size desparity...actually that should be more than enough
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member

I will but the video but the only thing it will show is the size desparity...actually that should be more than enough
    I am very keen to see this video - I have literally never seen what you are talking about, let alone with the frequency you claim. Is it possible fatigue is a factor? Or that you were using hustle and he was not?

This just doesn't sound possible at all. Not in EASHL.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

LMAO its not "Wrong!" This happened to us 3 times last night, and one time FOR us. Please explain how my 6'6" enforcer defenceman outskated a 5'7" dangler. On three separate occasions I'll wait. Always pay attention to the meter...but when its 3/4 full, you're gonna lose that race alot more than you think to someone who shouldnt win it.

Now THIS I definitely want to see a video of.

There is NO WAY possible a 6’6” Enforcer out skated a 5’7” Dangler when both have full energy or even 3/4 and especially at the frequency you claim.

• IceLion68
    1624 posts Member

Now THIS I definitely want to see a video of.

There is NO WAY possible a 6’6” Enforcer out skated a 5’7” Dangler when both have full energy or even 3/4 and especially at the frequency you claim.

Ya I am having a hard time with this one - I am not usually in the "post the video" camp but in this case I would definitely have to see it to believe it.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • EA_Aljo
    3222 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 12

Video will show their positioning and what moves they make. If the carrier is turning and/or deking, they're going to lose speed. There also is a slight penalty to speed when carrying the puck. However, this is negated when using hustle.