EA Forums - Banner

Stretch passer trait question

Anyone know if the stretch passer trait affects all passing or just stretch passes? The way it’s written is that it affects all passing.

Replies

• Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    It’s a specialty and those are specific to certain situations or moves. It only affects stretch passes...I can’t say exactly what or how far up ice qualifies as a stretch, but best utilised by defenceman overall.
  • Okay thanks for that @Socair !

And while I have you here. : what does strength do? The more strength you have the less energy you lose from collisions? And harder to stick lift them?
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    Heh, the old strength mystery. I know in the past, when attributes were new with gen 3 (so NHL 09/10), that it affected hitting and fighting primarily, and maybe slap shot power, iirc. Basically, a modifier to those abilities.
    I know the devs have been asked to provide descriptions of all the attributes again, so hopefully they’ll have something for us in the future. Nonetheless, I doubt much has changed, but I’m not totally certain.
  • Anyone know if the stretch passer trait affects all passing or just stretch passes? The way it’s written is that it affects all passing.

Ability icons glow when active, you should be able to keep an eye on the icon during play to get an idea of when its in effect.