EA Forums - Banner

Texas Server massive packet loss

NHL 21 devs:

Over the past week or so, I have experienced massive packet loss with what I believe is the Texas server. As a side note, if you would show us the name of the server to which we're connected, it would make bug reporting and troubleshooting FAR easier.

The behavior experienced is to start the game with 5-7% packet loss and then packet loss begins to ramp dramatically, reaching 60, 70 or 80%. Needless to say the game becomes an absolute slide show and eventually I'm disconnected. Last night I experienced this behavior in at least 3 games. I also played another 5-7 games on what we all agreed was the East server with no problems whatsoever.

I realize your first reaction will be "It's your Internet connection." However:

1). It does not happen with any other server
2). Xbox network and party chat continue with no interruptions or lag.
3). I'm able to play all other network games with no interruptions or lag
4). Interestingly, my ping is normal and is rock-solid (flat line)
5). My Internet is Gig Fiber
6). Before dismissing it, remember the problem we had a year or so ago with everyone experiencing horrible frame rates on one server - initially we were told it couldn't be a server problem, but I believe it was eventually found to be one and resolved (though we were never given an actual root cause).

I will followup to this thread with a screenshot of the network stats the next time the behavior occurs as well as the day/time.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3213 posts EA Community Manager
    wadesworld wrote: »
    NHL 21 devs:

Over the past week or so, I have experienced massive packet loss with what I believe is the Texas server. As a side note, if you would show us the name of the server to which we're connected, it would make bug reporting and troubleshooting FAR easier.

The behavior experienced is to start the game with 5-7% packet loss and then packet loss begins to ramp dramatically, reaching 60, 70 or 80%. Needless to say the game becomes an absolute slide show and eventually I'm disconnected. Last night I experienced this behavior in at least 3 games. I also played another 5-7 games on what we all agreed was the East server with no problems whatsoever.

I realize your first reaction will be "It's your Internet connection." However:

1). It does not happen with any other server
    2). Xbox network and party chat continue with no interruptions or lag.
    3). I'm able to play all other network games with no interruptions or lag
    4). Interestingly, my ping is normal and is rock-solid (flat line)
    5). My Internet is Gig Fiber
    6). Before dismissing it, remember the problem we had a year or so ago with everyone experiencing horrible frame rates on one server - initially we were told it couldn't be a server problem, but I believe it was eventually found to be one and resolved (though we were never given an actual root cause).

I will followup to this thread with a screenshot of the network stats the next time the behavior occurs as well as the day/time.

Hi there. We'll need to go through some connection troubleshooting. I personally play on the Texas server and haven't had any packet loss over the last few days. You made this post a couple of days ago. Are you still having the same issue?