EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone use strong hand on the wing in EASHL?

Pretty self explanatory: do any of you use left hand players on the left wing or vice versa?

Everyone usually does the opposite because of 1-ts any reason to have it the other way?

Replies

• There is very little reason to do it sadly since it doesn't truly allow a player to protect the puck better as it should . Especially if a defender is handed with his stick to the inside instead of the outside also.

• Pretty self explanatory: do any of you use left hand players on the left wing or vice versa?

Everyone usually does the opposite because of 1-ts any reason to have it the other way?

It would help on d to keep the puck in the zone along the boards except your stick won't exist because its too close to the boards and only the puck handler is allowed to have a stick near/around/through the boards.
  • With how perfect pass reception is and with how ridiculously easy it is to make radical cuts to buy time and space, there’s zero strategic value to playing on your strong hand.
  • Sega82mega
    4240 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Yeah I dont really know how much of a difference it makes. (and I dont play eashl), but I use it to get other options to shoot and to enter the zone.

I hope to find a little bit diffrent angles, rebounds and all that by playing diffrent from what 'everyone' is use to.

I often experience that people seem to have the whole gameplay programed into their 'muscel memory' and as soon your able to do something unexpected, you got alot to win.

But biggest problem with that - the game itself has it limitations - on how much - 'outside of the box' you can get, without making it to advanced and by that give the opponent the upper hand.
  • OvenMitts91
    69 posts Member
    edited May 3
    There’s literally no incentive to play on your strong side when every build can wire a one timer 125mph bar down with Ovechkin accuracy regardless of how hard the pass is or where the pass is relative to your feet.

You can also pass the puck 100 mph tape to tape on your backhand and there’s no reception penalty for catching passes on your backhand.

Cheers.