EA Forums - Banner

All-Star sim-hybrid experience (sliders)

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    Oooh really nice.. You could even here the sound from the glass when you chip the puck. Everything looks so much in sync when the pace is more in order - everything - from shots, hits, to animations - and even the sound - as I already mention.

Keep them coming - I would have no problem to kick back and watch a whole game - If you figure that out!
  • untouchable_BF1
    1447 posts Member
    edited May 14
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Oooh really nice.. You could even here the sound from the glass when you chip the puck. Everything looks so much in sync when the pace is more in order - everything - from shots, hits, to animations - and even the sound - as I already mention.

Keep them coming - I would have no problem to kick back and watch a whole game - If you figure that out!

I think I need an elgato but I just bought so pro custom pads (full set) so not sure I’m wanting to spend money right now lol! Maybe I’ll ask for Christmas.

There’s two other videos on the channel right now. Make sure to check those out as well.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited May 14

I think I need an elgato but I just bought so pro custom pads (full set) so not sure I’m wanting to spend money right now lol! Maybe I’ll ask for Christmas.

There’s two other videos on the channel right now. Make sure to check those out as well.

Too bad money never comes easy - you always got to work hard for them.

No problemo, let us enjoy summer first! 😎🙏
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

Too bad money never comes easy - you always got to work hard for them.

No problemo, let us enjoy summer first! 😎🙏

Wish money came easy, I’d have a sick streaming/YouTube setup lol!!
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    Got some problem with my internet so I took the chance to play some offline.

It can be a good idea to switch between diffrent 'game-speed' - I tryed both '2' and '4' - by doing this I feel I get a better understanding of how the game 'are suppose to work'.

2 felt too slow meanwhile 4 did suit my playstyle better - not beacuse I like a 'fast' game - actually the opposite - no mather which speed I choose to play with - I always try to slow things down - or if I should say - 'sync the game' so that the opposite CPU add up to my idea to play hockey - when I get them there - shots, hits, poke-checks, aggressive forecheck and a more passive defense - usally works pretty good.

So that when I get the puck - the game feels manageable. Like you can do things with much control.

But after I had tryed 'speed 4' for a while I did go back to 3 - and it became easier to 'understand' what I had to do to get the game to behave like I wanna.

But there's no question - the speed - both online and offline is a big question. Cause if the speed not 'match' your own mind - it often becomes bad - and not just that - you have to get your AI to cooperate with your 'mind' too - which often isn't an easy thing to do....
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    And I think I found my magic number - 1...game speed 1.

I experience the A.I to be much more difficult to play against on speed 1..but that dosent really mather cause the game flow so much better for me on that speed.

It's funny - cause 'game speed' dosent necessary affect 'the game pace' - even if you play on gamespeed 1, you can still play a really fast hockey, only thing that feels diffrent on 1 - is that the players move more realistic to the puck pace.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    Here is where I am right now.

Ground settings like Bf1 with only difference in.

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

Had some really great games with this settings.

Kinda fun to search for the perfect sliders. I do bealive I could get it even better.

But sliders is difficult, what works for me can probebly be really awkward for other's. It depend so much on how much you 'sauce', deke, dump n chase, take shots.. We'll, almost everything, plays a part.. 🤔😋

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

Kinda fun to search for the perfect sliders. I do bealive I could get it even better.

But sliders is difficult, what works for me can probebly be really awkward for other's. It depend so much on how much you 'sauce', deke, dump n chase, take shots.. We'll, almost everything, plays a part.. 🤔😋

Glad you found a setting you like! You seem to like the game a lot slower than me haha.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited May 24

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

Glad you found a setting you like! You seem to like the game a lot slower than me haha.

That wasen't exactly right. Takes alot of time to adjust it to 'perfection'.

I now locked in on game speed 3 but drastic change the 'skate speed'.

But yes your'e right, looks almost like slow - motion, but I like to see it/think of it from the players perspective - on the ice.

There’s no better feeling to get the gameplay to add up to 'low speed'.

I like to build up - take some time before I attack. I sometimes get stressed when I see the clock shows 7 minutes left... 😱😄

I dont feel this game is designed to play too fast - you miss out on so many beautiful details that way.

But I have some amazing games now, were even board-play is a thing.

I will probebly get a chock when I go back online again... Hehe 🤷‍♀️

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

But yes your'e right, looks almost like slow - motion, but I like to see it/think of it from the players perspective - on the ice.

I like to build up - take some time before I attack. I sometimes get stressed when I see the clock shows 7 minutes left... 😱😄

I dont feel this game is designed to play too fast - you miss out on so many beautiful details that way.

What I’m loving about my sliders is the variety of games. I’ll have to post some of my highlights I have recorded here, but I had a 6-5 game recently due to a bunch of weird bounces, screens, luck that felt really organic. Next game, 2-0 final where both goalies were playing spectacular!

Played like 7 games this weekend. Definitely more than I ever have recently. Also, I made two versions of every team so each team has 6 uniforms + goalies to match colors which really keeps things fresh aesthetically. Arena atmosphere would really go a long way, hoping that gets improved a lot soon.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited May 24

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

What I’m loving about my sliders is the variety of games. I’ll have to post some of my highlights I have recorded here, but I had a 6-5 game recently due to a bunch of weird bounces, screens, luck that felt really organic. Next game, 2-0 final where both goalies were playing spectacular!

Played like 7 games this weekend. Definitely more than I ever have recently. Also, I made two versions of every team so each team has 6 uniforms + goalies to match colors which really keeps things fresh aesthetically. Arena atmosphere would really go a long way, hoping that gets improved a lot soon.

I do think we still have the same kinda idea on how this game 'should' play. We just see it from diffrent 'speed levels'.

The physics is pretty hard to get right - I like to feel the body mass has a great impact on the hits, especially around the boards - see them rattle.

I would very much like to see some games you play - true pleasure. Would be fun to show you some of mine too. So you get an idea how I work with the game.

I think no one plays hes 'own sliders' like you do yourself.

The more 'I get to know' my sliders - the better I can use them. I never know what goal will be next - even the opposite AI play somewhere near hockey... 🤤😐😉

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

I do think we still have the same kinda idea on how this game 'should' play. We just see it from diffrent 'speed levels'.

The physics is pretty hard to get right - I like to feel the body mass has a great impact on the hits, especially around the boards - see them rattle.

I would very much like to see some games you play - true pleasure. Would be fun to show you some of mine too. So you get an idea how I work with the game.

The more 'I get to know' my sliders - the better I can use them. I never know what goal will be next - even the opposite AI play somewhere near hockey... 🤤😐😉

I’m sure you’re seeing the same stuff I am as the sliders are mostly the same. Yeah, the board play looks really good imo. Lots of small but effective hits which makes getting the puck easier for the defensive team. Even the big hits look really smooth and nice compared to the default big hits. I absolutely crunched someone along the boards yesterday and it was really satisfying.

Hopefully you’re seeing it too, but the goal variety is incredible for me with my custom goalies. I see snipes, screen goals, scramble goals, goals that trickle in through armpits, and to top it off I see a lot of really nice saves on chances that I’ve definitely scored on before. Unlike online, there’s a really fun uncertainty to shooting and one-timer chances.

Things that I see as noticeably needing improvement from the AI:

1. D-zone coverage, especially when the puck goes behind the net, CPU really struggles with their assignments here.
    2. NZ stretch passes up the boards. I’ve found the 1-4 to be the only thing that moderately mitigates how easy it is for humans to make stretch passes up the boards into the NZ which usually results in odd-man rushes/breakaways. If I make this pass, I always chip/dump the puck to simulate what a real human would do (step and force the play).
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

I’m sure you’re seeing the same stuff I am as the sliders are mostly the same. Yeah, the board play looks really good imo. Lots of small but effective hits which makes getting the puck easier for the defensive team. Even the big hits look really smooth and nice compared to the default big hits. I absolutely crunched someone along the boards yesterday and it was really satisfying.

Hopefully you’re seeing it too, but the goal variety is incredible for me with my custom goalies. I see snipes, screen goals, scramble goals, goals that trickle in through armpits, and to top it off I see a lot of really nice saves on chances that I’ve definitely scored on before. Unlike online, there’s a really fun uncertainty to shooting and one-timer chances.

1. D-zone coverage, especially when the puck goes behind the net, CPU really struggles with their assignments here.
    2. NZ stretch passes up the boards. I’ve found the 1-4 to be the only thing that moderately mitigates how easy it is for humans to make stretch passes up the boards into the NZ which usually results in odd-man rushes/breakaways. If I make this pass, I always chip/dump the puck to simulate what a real human would do (step and force the play).

Yeah I haven’t touch the goalies. They are incredible. Saw such a cool animation today when the goalie stretched high with the glove to catch a puck that went way over he's head. (in butterfly). 😐🙏

Today im working on to improve the passes, I try to 'force' hard passes tape to tape without the puck glancing off the stick.

And there is such a small difference in the numbers -.. 1 up or down can make a huge diffrent.

I somehow gets the difficulties to 'match' the game - for everyone, online.

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

Yeah I haven’t touch the goalies. They are incredible. Saw such a cool animation today when the goalie stretched high with the glove to catch a puck that went way over he's head. (in butterfly). 😐🙏

Today im working on to improve the passes, I try to 'force' hard passes tape to tape without the puck glancing off the stick.

And there is such a small difference in the numbers -.. 1 up or down can make a huge diffrent.

Passing is one thing I got pretty much where I wanted, but I definitely could tweak a little more. I’ve worked so dang hard on these though that I don’t want to get caught in slideritis again so I’m just rolling with it haha.

The hard part is, I want it to be difficult to force hard (fast) passes from close proximity without sacrificing long hard passes from being too penalized. I also want fatigue and skill to play a factor as well. I think there are times when catching a pass is extremely hard on my sliders, but I kind of like that in a way as it forces me to actually try to glass chip and use saucer passes to clear the zone without icing it so I can change lines and remove the pressure.

So I like where they’re at enough to not tweak, but if I were to dive into any tweaks, I’d try to perfect that. That being said, it’s made me make passes to people’s forehands more consciously which is a skill in itself. Sometimes I’ll just launch a saucer pass right at the CPU D in hopes they’ll flub it and it’ll bounce out of the zone haha.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

This is worth a comment too.

I wish the play from behind the net and out to the corner could come and be a bigger part of the game. It's like a 'hiden spot', an area that never really gets any attention.

Especially online.

And it's hard to get to that place, but if you do - alot of people are having a hard time to defend from there. And I think its beacuse the 'meta' isn't about that type of play.

When I do stretch passes out of the zone I always use the 'sauce', but just to get by hes winger - I dont like to force cross creases - neither online or offline. But I wish we could have a better play to just clear the zone - or to find passes more to the middle of the NZ.

I feel there is many diffrent plays we miss out on - cause they are more or less impossible to accomplish.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

Passing is one thing I got pretty much where I wanted, but I definitely could tweak a little more. I’ve worked so dang hard on these though that I don’t want to get caught in slideritis again so I’m just rolling with it haha.

The hard part is, I want it to be difficult to force hard (fast) passes from close proximity without sacrificing long hard passes from being too penalized. I also want fatigue and skill to play a factor as well. I think there are times when catching a pass is extremely hard on my sliders, but I kind of like that in a way as it forces me to actually try to glass chip and use saucer passes to clear the zone without icing it so I can change lines and remove the pressure.

So I like where they’re at enough to not tweak, but if I were to dive into any tweaks, I’d try to perfect that. That being said, it’s made me make passes to people’s forehands more consciously which is a skill in itself. Sometimes I’ll just launch a saucer pass right at the CPU D in hopes they’ll flub it and it’ll bounce out of the zone haha.

Hehe I get what you sayin.. Today I got so caught up with the sliders so I forgot to just play for fun. But I get so focus - to get it right. Last game was for fun, and it got me happy, had some really fun o-zone time.

I want hard accurate passes to be on the tape, even if my players are really close - so I can play D to D fully charged passes without any risk to loose the puck cause 'he can’t handle the pass'. What I 'loose in speed' I try to take back with passes - to get some pace going.

"Sometimes I’ll just launch a saucer pass right at the CPU D in hopes they’ll flub it and it’ll bounce out of the zone haha"

Haha I feel you.. I have some launching I do myself - in hope to 'correct out' the gameplay. 😄👍

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

Hehe I get what you sayin.. Today I got so caught up with the sliders so I forgot to just play for fun. But I get so focus - to get it right. Last game was for fun, and it got me happy, had some really fun o-zone time.

I want hard accurate passes to be on the tape, even if my players are really close - so I can play D to D fully charged passes without any risk to loose the puck cause 'he can’t handle the pass'. What I 'loose in speed' I try to take back with passes - to get some pace going.

"Sometimes I’ll just launch a saucer pass right at the CPU D in hopes they’ll flub it and it’ll bounce out of the zone haha"

Haha I feel you.. I have some launching I do myself - in hope to 'correct out' the gameplay. 😄👍

I found that if I can pass too hard without much of an issue, the cross creases are way too easy. I needed to make it harder on myself so that even if that’s all I tried, I wouldn’t have much success. That, and my goalies are actually decent at stopping those chances as well.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4633 posts EA Community Manager
    A Reddit user posted realistic sliders on this post if you're all interested in checking it out.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    A Reddit user posted realistic sliders on this post if you're all interested in checking it out.

Ooh thank you very much. This sliders are making me crazy.

I never gets satisfied.

I will plug this in tonight.

I see he runs gamespeed 1. I do think thats the way to go...

• Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member

Game speed 1

Acceleration 15
    Skating speed 37

Agility 45

Min pass speed 30
    Max speed 43

Sauce pass speed 30

Interceptions 100

I found that if I can pass too hard without much of an issue, the cross creases are way too easy. I needed to make it harder on myself so that even if that’s all I tried, I wouldn’t have much success. That, and my goalies are actually decent at stopping those chances as well.

How much back and forth do you go with this?

As I said earlier - I can go on all day long, in the search/bealive that I will nail it... But I never really do... 😵🧐🤯