EA Forums - Banner

All-Star sim-hybrid experience (sliders)

124Next

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    The A.I may not always be good - but at least it ain't toxic - and it won't try to cross crease every singel time..

See, I found something good with our beloved AI... 😊
  • nyi95
    174 posts Member
    BF1, it's not that they're not right for me, it's more of just a slight tweak here and there. I saw immediately where you were going with your sliders. You're set is the common denominator for guys like Sega and I to adjust certain aspects to our liking.

Man, at this point you should throw in an application over at EA to consult on the upcoming AI for 22. Lol.

I will also check out TNK s set, you know like the fisherman said " just for the HALIBUT", I'm an Islander fan, couldn't help it 😉
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »

"only 2 periods".

Some nice cycle, especially in second period. Not so spectacular goals.. But this is my attempt to get it a little bit like hockey.. 😊😬

How’d you record for so long? What are you using?

Also, I think you’d really like TNK’s sliders on OperationSports. He has a set that’s speed is very similar to yours. Might want to see what he’s doing and incorporate some of his values into your sliders.

It's ps4, we are further ahead then xbox in our development.. Pice of cake to record with just one singel push on a button.. 😜

Any chance to show me a link or anything to his values.. Im really interesting.

Ahh lucky you lol. Wish I could record 20+ minutes on my Xbox...

Link to TNK sliders here:
    https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-sliders/977135-tnk-nhl-21-sliders.html
    But sure you can, not as straightforward as on PS though.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/comment/2188512#Comment_2188512
    OT: how to record up to 60 minutes on Xbox One, link to YouTube very good video, 3:36 minutes.

You need an external USB 3.0 stick(/hdd/ssd). One full game in 1080p30 takes less than 2Gb so 32Gb or 64Gb stick is more than enough. Those clips are not able to upload via Xbox, you need to connect the stick to PC to do that.

Wow that’s a pretty cool workaround, I think I have a USB 3.0 so I’ll have to give this a shot, thanks!

NYI - yeah that’s why I post them. Feels like they can be a solid base that can be tweaked more or less sim depending on personal preference.

I haven’t played in like 3-4 days now, gotta find a USB and record a full game!
  • Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    edited May 27
    nyi95 wrote: »

I will also check out TNK s set, you know like the fisherman said " just for the HALIBUT", I'm an Islander fan, couldn't help it 😉

If you don't like it to 100%

Try change:

Puck carrier skating 56/100

And

Min pass speed 25/100

And

Saucer pass speed 25/100

Other then that, I have exactly like TNK 's set.

And I feel like almost any goal is possible to do.
  • Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    edited May 28
    One thing I was thinking of, about sliders and all that..

If the numbers are so sensetive for the gameplay experience - just one little tweak up or down can destroy or make huge improvements for the gameplay.

If you then take a mode like HUT - that new better cards with diffrent attributes comes out every week.

It must be hard to get this cards to match up with the game-setting.

Probebly why onlineVS feels more realistic then HUT with cards on anabola.

But there is one 'ground setting' uh? And then one for attributes?

Interceptions can be set on 70 in the 'ground setting' and players attributes can be both over 70 and under...? Alot of diffrent aspects you have to weigh in... I guess..

Hmm.. 🧐🤔
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

If the numbers are so sensetive for the gameplay experience - just one little tweak up or down can destroy or make huge improvements for the gameplay.

If you then take a mode like HUT - that new better cards with diffrent attributes comes out every week.

Interceptions can be set on 70 in the 'ground setting' and players attributes can be both over 70 and under...? Alot of diffrent aspects you have to weigh in... I guess..

Hmm.. 🧐🤔

Yeah I see what you mean. Like, I never had great results when modifying the “goalie reaction” slider. Seemed like they’d stop doing desperation saves and start giving up some really bad goals when I modified this value. But, when I switched to global roster editing and modifying everyone’s glove and blocker high attributes, I noticed a very positive change when it came to giving up goals on shots that weren’t “glitch” goals without sacrificing being able to make routine saves from farther out.
  • Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member

Hmm.. 🧐🤔

Yeah I see what you mean. Like, I never had great results when modifying the “goalie reaction” slider. Seemed like they’d stop doing desperation saves and start giving up some really bad goals when I modified this value. But, when I switched to global roster editing and modifying everyone’s glove and blocker high attributes, I noticed a very positive change when it came to giving up goals on shots that weren’t “glitch” goals without sacrificing being able to make routine saves from farther out.

Yeah and there's so many diffrent numbers and attributes to take into account/consideration on so many levels. Or at least more then just one.

.. And in the end it's a risk to just be a soup of numbers all over the ice..

And with HUT were the cards run wild - to keep the gameplay in track - should almost be impossible - with current system.

• Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    now that I found love (sliders) what are we gonna doo - with online... (text and lyrics inspired by the song.... In the end)

But serious - online is just a sad story for me right now. It's a high price I had to pay, but at least im much more satisfied with the hockey situation...

• nyi95
    174 posts Member
    I recently came across a slider set on reddit that plays really well. I'll try to post the pic i took of it(not sure if it'll work).

It doesn't say which difficulty so i tried SS, won 2-1 in a shootout but the shots were really lop sided, cpu 33- me 8. Switched to AS, cpu 25- me 22. Can't remember if i won or lost,lol.
    Only thing I'm going to change is period length from 5 to 6.

If i can't figure out how to post the picture of them, just go check out reddit under FMDG.b8b8avvrw9qb.jpg
  • nyi95
    174 posts Member
    Think it worked. Hey, gimme a break. I'm old and confused!!, 😆
    Give em a whirl, u might be surprised.
  • Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    I will give it a go - my old man. 😄👍

(when the time is right)
  • I’m so paranoid about switching anything that I’m not going to give those a go lol. I also am not a fan of lowering game speed cause I think it’s makes the goalies play weird, but if it works then more power to you haha! Goalies really struggle with screens and tips on lower game speeds when trying to make screens more effective. Idk what it is but their reaction times seem wonky.

Just from looking at the rest of the set, it seems like the game play would be slower overall but you’d still have a pretty unforgiving amount of agility an acceleration. 10/10 AE is always nice to see and should be the default imo. Pro sports is all about small deficiencies/advantages being the difference and AE 10/10 accomplishes that.

Maybe I’ll make a dummy account to give these a shot.
  • @nyi95 I saw you uninstalled the game right in time for my new set. Pretty radical/experimental set but it’s been playing surprisingly well, I’ll post soonish.
  • nyi95
    174 posts Member
    Guess I'll see what you have. I'm getting pretty tired of installing, uninstalling, installing. Thanks again though for all your work trying to make this game play like real hockey. Unfortunately, I don't this game will let you. They are clearly making this game for a group of people who just want to score the same goal over and over again. Even when they tell you" just learn to defend it" and I do, is that the kind of hockey I want to be playing? There's much more to it than that obviously. I uninstalled for way more reasons than that. Most of those reasons are what you(BF1) have posted in other topics throughout these forums. You're dead right on all of them.

I still have a tiny bit of hope that it will go back to an actual hockey game on the next gen. I'm still on the fence. 20 lead me to it, 21 put me on it, 22 will either push me over it or pull me back. We'll see..........
  • Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    Pass me that **** Bf1! I definitely take a hit or two.. But I dont know.. In my mind - im already moved on to 22.

Nyi95 - hehe you could always skip to uninstalling it and just leave it for it's own faith. But maybe it's personal - feels good to uninstalling and put it behind. 🤔😊
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Pass me that **** Bf1! I definitely take a hit or two.. But I dont know.. In my mind - im already moved on to 22.

Nyi95 - hehe you could always skip to uninstalling it and just leave it for it's own faith. But maybe it's personal - feels good to uninstalling and put it behind. 🤔😊

I’ve been busy, I’ll try posting tonight haha. I want to move on to a new game, but with all of the work I’ve put into 21, it makes me kind of want to just stay out until 22 inevitability comes to EA Play. I want to finish the season I’ve started on 21.
  • Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    edited June 30

I’ve been busy, I’ll try posting tonight haha. I want to move on to a new game, but with all of the work I’ve put into 21, it makes me kind of want to just stay out until 22 inevitability comes to EA Play. I want to finish the season I’ve started on 21.

Yeah no stress. Im actually abit fed up with 21 - I need some great 22 news to keep my engine going.

Im even watching euro Championship in football to get my time going.

*good luck with your season
    Post edited by Sega82mega on