EA Forums - Banner

EASHL NHL 22 IDEAS and Suggestions

JJKAYLER36
37 posts Member
edited May 13
ONES and THREE’S ELIMINATOR
-These ones and threes eliminator do not have to be touched gameplaywise. They are fun. However, in ones and threes eliminator, we could be playing outdoors in a stadium. It does not have to be identified with any team or city just not in the middle of nowhere.
OBTAINING REP AND REWARDS: instead of having so many different hockey bags the items could be already released with your reward for your club or player.
-Crossplay would be an excellent expansion to the fanbase and quick searches for games.

3v3 and 6v6 DROP IN:
-MATCHMAKING: have the option of selecting current mode or creating/default OTP lobbies with a PS4/PS5 and Xbox options.
- GEAR OPTIONS: Let us wear any uniform (STREET, CHEL, EASHL, or NHL) of our choosing with name and number on all Tops, jackets, chel, international, etc. jerseys to demonstrate uniqueness and separate player likeness.
- ENVIRONMENT: Let us play in the outdoor winter classic options that means a stadium with FULL CROWD or NHL ARENAS WITH FULL CROWD
- If you disconnect for any reason, you would be allowed to reconnect to the lobby and continue the next stoppage of play if time is available. If you refuse, you lose Rank points but gain basic experience.
CLUBS
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE stadiums and ICE LAYOUTS and DROP the amateur, semi-pro or smaller stadiums.
- Allow display of REGULAR and PLAYOFF season Accolades and accomplishments to be displayed on a scoreboard, a wall, or high above, etc.
- Fans that can wear the uniforms of all user players on the ice of Home and Away teams
- Unique Crowd chants, boos, and crowds that can leave when home team is not playing well.
- Club Captains and Assistants are in full control of their default computer roster when they create their team. They can assign names to all computer players skaters and goalies, their player type, and their handedness, looks, player number, and their starting positions on the ice when users are not occupying their respective spots. This will make every Club team unique and different from on the ice to the bench.
- ALLOW CROSSPLAY for 3s and 6s.
- MATCHMAKING and Online Play: More parameters for Room captains to select simple or advanced search options to search for EASHL games to encourage players from not backing out of games (This applies mostly for mostly 6s). Allow for room leaders to search for games that include both 3v3 and 6v6 games if they are able.
- BONUS – if you are waiting for a game, allow those players to free skate around with those in the “room.”
- Unlock an Outdoor Stadium with customizable options for your club’s outdoor stadium.
- GAMEPLAY – UPDATE the AI to adapt the users’ tendencies for a dynamic gameplay experience for teammates and opponents.
- If you disconnect for any reason, you can be allowed to reconnect to the lobby and continue the next stoppage of play if time is available. If you refuse, you lose Rank points but gain basic experience.

PLAYOFFS and SEASONS
- The Regular Season should be more than 10 Games 25, 50, etc.
- The Playoffs should NEVER be held in a neutral outdoor site at Carter Lake anymore and go back to a very loud playoff indoor arena with an NHL playoff atmosphere.
- New Playoff Format ex. 3 losses and you are DONE with retrying playoffs with your rank finalized and can go back to playing in regular season.
- The playoffs happen one time at the last week of the month, you would have to finish at least one regular season to qualify in each month.
- Division Ranks with promotions or relegations being the same.
- You would be put in a bracket based on your teams rank and you would be required to win at least 4 games to become champions in your respective rankings and put a banner and a trophy.
- Eliminated teams will get a “lesser reward” based on their LAST LOSS in their elimination game just to show they took part in the playoffs.
EASHL SKATERS and GOALIES
- ALLOW PLAYERS to build their own player based on a numbered attribute point system or SELECT A PRESET build.
- Traits DO NOT Reduce Attributes numbers
OTHER
- Break the glass and put players in the bench.
- Reduce the number of pucks from going out of play in EASHL drop in and club games.
- Broken sticks
- PLAYER REP/RANK Points – A system based on WIN/LOSS with bonuses of positive or negative TEAM PLAY, DEFENCE, and OFFENSE.

Replies

• Big fan of your thinking here.

CLUBS:
    -Full customization of AI, Uniforms, Stadium, etc would be a MASSIVE improvement.
    -In addition to rejoining games after a disconnect, allow us to change positions and builds at intermission or puck stoppage.
    -I'd prefer to keep 3s and 6s separate. Even putting a minimum for getting a 6s lobby. 4 and up to play a 6s club game, this keeps the integrity of the games as opposed opposed letting AI run around and do whatever.

PLAYOFFS:
    -The current set up is ok. Needs to be improved. I'm all for 10 days of playoffs once every 60ish days. That's 1 playoff sequence every 2 months.
    -After the first 5 days, the bottom 50% are eliminated and go back to regular season. The remaining teams fight it out from there.
    - Playoffs take place at the clubs arena with a "playoff atmosphere". Crowd and announcers act different during this time.

Like I said I am a big fan of alot of what you're talking about. That's just my 2 cents
  • JJKAYLER36
    37 posts Member
    edited June 5
    I agree and like your playoff suggestion, and this would be significant and get people the need to play in the EASHL when playoff time comes around. Personally, They can chose whichever they want as long as we don't need to do placement games. What's the point of ranking in the divisions during the regular season only to do placement games in the playoffs. Isn't that the point of the regular season?

1. I have no problem playing outdoors, but make it feel like I'm playing in front of 60,000+. Not in a COVID-19 20% Quiet crowd. So we agree on that.
    2. Usually turn the announcers off during EASHL, but that would add an interesting level to the game as far as tone, speed, and the flexion of the announcer's voice in the game. Its common for announcers in video game to cut each other off or give colorful commentary based on the action in the game.
    (Also, I would like to point out out that commentary and play by play announcing is the most difficult to do in video games because it is dependent on its programming that activates what is said.)

ADDITIONAL UPDATES OR SMALL STUFF.

1. Dynamic new fighting system - The days of right handed fighting needs to be over and player physics needs to be honored in a fight. Right now I can beat any player with a sniper build.
    2. New and dynamic faceoff system - Not every faceoff is perfectly won in the direction of the targeted player
    3. Offensive/Defensive Zone faceoffs - needs to be not animation based but physics based to reduce the number of set plays
    4. Club captains/alternates who select the Goalie position can wear the "C" or "A".
    5. Training camp with drills for skater/goalies.
    6. Multiple Players scrums/battle for the puck in front of the net.
    7. Net Battles should be more engaging to reduce the one timer from the low slot
    Post edited by JJKAYLER36 on

• 1. I have no problem playing outdoors, but make it feel like I'm playing in front of 60,000+. Not in a COVID-19 20% Quiet crowd. So we agree on that.
    2. Usually turn the announcers off during EASHL, but that would add an interesting level to the game as far as tone, speed, and the flexion of the announcer's voice in the game. Its common for announcers in video game to cut each other off or give colorful commentary based on the action in the game.
    (Also, I would like to point out out that commentary and play by play announcing is the most difficult to do in video games because it is dependent on its programming that activates what is said.)

ADDITIONAL UPDATES OR SMALL STUFF.

1. Dynamic new fighting system - The days of right handed fighting needs to be over and player physics needs to be honored in a fight. Right now I can beat any player with a sniper build.but this is true to hockey, occasionally those guys win fights, especially if they do it smart
    2. New and dynamic faceoff system - Not every faceoff is perfectly won in the direction of the targeted player- this I 100% agree with
    3. Offensive/Defensive Zone faceoffs - needs to be not animation based but physics based to reduce the number of set plays- all due respect, no, set plays are a part of hockey especially off face offs
    4. Club captains/alternates who select the Goalie position can wear the "C" or "A". this I'm indifferent to, being honest
    5. Training camp with drills for skater/goalies. in club absolutely, would love this feature back in EASHL
    6. Multiple Players scrums/battle for the puck in front of the net.this I'm torn on, it's already kind of a circus but I see what you're going at
    7. Net Battles should be more engaging to reduce the one timer from the low slotnet front tie ups tick me off a lot. Against a human they're ok...when you try and engage it, it takes a second or two. When the AI engages it, it's instantaneous. You break away and you will immediately be sucked into it again, often times being pulled backwards

• PLAYOFFS:

I still think that playoffs should be true to their word and offer an elimination style tournament that one loss - MAX of 2 - should declare your team out of the playoffs. Right now the current playoff system feels like another season race to obtain the most rep as possible and only benefits the teams that can play the most. It's the most rep that wins a title this year and not the W's. Let me explain this, on the leaderboards at the end of season 4, a championship team that played fewer games but had the higher REP beat out a team with a better record in the Win-loss column. So that's why I think we need to go back to this.
  • 1) We spend a lot of time in the lobby.
    And we just look at the swaying hockey player. We watch and watch, for a few hours a week.
    While the game is being searched and the team is being assembled, give me something to do.
    Training, throws, shootouts, face-off training, feint training, viewing statistics.
    After all, there is NHL 94. It is small, loads quickly, let's play it.

2) And stop looking at the black screen with names in between periods. Let me see the replays or statistics. If I clicked "ready", it doesn't mean that the black screen is the most interesting thing for me.
  • This was coming from a friends post on Twitter more from the EASHL perspective.

- Bring back community lobbies ( highly requested ) giving us the option to play indoor OTP and select Jerseys from different leagues. < This would also help for us dayshift guys who want to find a quick game during the night by searching community lobbies.

- Contract offers to recruited club members

- Free Agent Finder: Where we can search players to recruit and offer contracts. Would also be cool if we could scout them like in Franchise mode.

- Ability to change the radius of our skate blades

- Change the playoff format to what it used to be or a 3 game series elimination. < I find it way too difficult to grind enough games to be on top during the club finals as I work days and get off during the nights.

- Trolls who get kicked for poor team play can't join another lobby for 2 minutes, second time is long, etc...

- Last 30 seconds players can't backup of the lobby.

- Be able to switch positions after you have selected your preferred position, in timer lobby so if someone backs out you can fill the spot

My add-ons to this as for the outdoor hockey stuff would be to keep it as is in casual drop-in, but in community lobbies keep it like how it was on NHL 14....

• IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited June 17
    • Customization and Hockey Bags overhaul (described in detail here)
    • Antigriefing measures (described in detail here)
    • Separate build slot groups for at least Forward and Defense. Five is not enough for all skater positions
    • Tie the player name, play by play name and player jersey number to the build. Or at least allow the goalie builds to have a different name and number.
    • Provide a quick way to toggle player handedness in a lobby without editing the build. It's nice you allow people to choose "D", "F" or "W" but if we drop into a position that is on the build's "off hand" it would be slick if we could just hit "Y" and flip the player's handedness. This might be a stretch but I could actually see this having a positive impact on lobby population. I might be more inclined to pick "D" if I knew that I could flip to shooting left if I ended up slotting into a RD spot.
    • Overhaul RP system (described in detail here and here)
    • Provide a quick way for the room leader in club to cycle through the jersey choices - i.e. without leaving the lobby screen. Seen many times where it wasn't noticed until the dying countdown seconds that the jerseys were too close to the other team's and it was too late to go into the customization menu and change them.
    • As a goalie, allow me to select one of my skater builds as the guy I get to play when I am the "extra man". As a righty, it's annoying skating to the bench and having to play as a rando lefty 100% of the time.
    • Ability in lobby to change position to select a vacant one; ideally via a button to cycle through the available positions. If this is an issue with the current matchmaking system - i.e. if I choose C and someone who had pre-selected C was already on the way into the lobby, simply revert me back to my original position.
    • Custom cameras or at least better canned cameras/visual settings: esp for goalie and defense. We're still not there yet. e.g. as a DMan it would be lovely to be able to see the puck when it's behind the net. Maybe allow the end boards to be situationally transparent. Make scoreboard size/position customizable and also possibly transparent
    • Please give us back indoor rinks and proper gear for drop-ins - at least for 6s. Leave the casual gear/outdoor rinks for 1v1v1, Eliminator modes and possibly dropin 3s.
    • PS/Xbox Crossplay - it's time
    • Improve matchmaking - far too long spent waiting
    • In club, give better filters for matchmaking than just exact match, and match goalie i.e. "+/-1", or "Minimum players"
    • Make DSS more useful
    • Give me a precision movement modifier like goalies have to make fine movements when covering someone in front of the net.
    • Bring back skate blade radius and length, stick length/flex. Also maybe some goalie skate blade profiling choices
    • Bring back FULL club practice mode
    • Allow wingers and dmen to choose alternate face off positions instead of being forced into the position the strategy (which they likely did not choose) determines for them
    • More traits and specialties. Make it easier to peruse them. Scrolling infinitely left and right is dumb.
    • Gut the menu system and start over. They are still so slow. I think they need to think outside the box a little and reimagine the menu system from scratch.
    • Team/room leader can choose classes of AI fill-in players in both drop-ins and club
    • Join friend's game in progress, rejoin game on disconnect
    • More customization - especially team logos and goalie gear (masks in particular). More is good, user created is even better.
    • Custom face creator - player faces are still terrible
    • Remove "autofighting" completely. Or at the very least make it a configurable option. Preferably per build but I would settle for a universal setting. And yes I know I could make my character female but I would prefer not to.
    • Penalties for post whistle shenanigans. Maybe just in Club.
    • Custom music playlist. They havent got the music right in several years IMO. Save the money spent on licensing terrible music and just allow me to spin my own.
    • Slow down 6's gameplay. It has made the ice seem too small and doesn't allow strategic hockey to be played very easily.
    • Milestone bags contain items from your team of preference (from settings)
    • Fix goalie animations, responsiveness. Esp for things like coming off post hug et al.
    • In club, the ability to seamlessly go back and forth between team practice mode and game lobby. That way you can gather the players, have a little warm up, then bring everyone right into the game lobby and play, then post game either play another game or go back into practice mode.
    • Allow "join in-progress" for club practice mode.
    • Have it either part of a strategy or just a general computation that AI makes better choices about dumping the puck on a PK. If we are down late in a game I would like to see the AI make a pass instead.
    • Revive the old 12 player private draft lobby
    • Perhaps make it so that if the majority of human players quit the game doesn't go sideways: either just end the game if the number of human players on a team falls below a threshold (without docking RP to the people who hung in there), or not make the AI replacements quite so "game breaking".
    • Ability to save and replay games
    • Shameless selfish request: Put "Parent" back in the game as a play by play name :)
    I was looking back on earlier wishlists and I feel it's important to recognize that even asks from as recent last year actually made it into the game:
    • Player controlled extra attacker when human goalie is pulled
    • Improvements to traits system - the 2 versions allow you a choice as to what gets nerfed. I think more could be done on traits and specialties
    • Replace CR with a more common ranking system like bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, etc.
    • TEAM ARENAS: I would like this reworked. let us play in a full-sized stadium and MAKE IT OURS by leveling it up. Show the marks and banners won in the regular season and playoffs
    • Get rid of the fake penalties. So stupid taking an "elbowing" penalty every time you make a clean hit because you can't control elbowing.
    Post edited by IceLion68 on
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • 1) Revamped RP system- doesn't need to be scraped and rebuilt...rather re-tooled. Make it a static amount: +350 for a win(450 if overall team play was above A-), and -350 for a loss(-250 if team play was above A-)

2)Playoffs could be shortened to two weeks every 2 months. Also, the option to play regular season games as an alternative would be nice. Otherwise, it's not a horrible system just needs better implementation. For example, FNT is currently first overall right now...they haven't played a game in 4 days, because they don't want to lose RP...make it so that every day of the playoffs your team doesn't play you lose 500 RP. We need something that discourages the teams from camping out after a hot start. Not a gamebreaker, but more a QoL improvement

3) Tone Offensive players down, right now offensive players have a very distinct edge on defensive players in that alot of time in terms of ability to "ignore" body checks. It's either that or broken context coding

4)Traits- need to have the negative aspects removed. They don't make any sense. OR, have three different sets active, an Offensive set that's only active in the O zone, a Defensive set that's only active in the D zone, and a "passive" set, where it's constantly active. This would likely be an athletic set of traits(Acceleration, balance, speed)

5) Stick flex, curve bonuses, as well as skate radii bonuses. Not a game breaker at all...at least bring back the mini games that were associated with them!

6)More customization for EASHL- I love the templates, and I'd love to see some of the RR's added as templates, and more templates over all. If not, full control over the jersey itself, for example I'd love to make a mix of the St Louis RR, with a gradient design. Some more unique logos too...some more vintage logos too...the old Thrashers logo was awesome, for example.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    twhite1387 wrote: »

4)Traits- need to have the negative aspects removed.

I'd like to second this
  • I agree take out eliminator's 3s arcade also 3v3 drop in and club go back to 6v6 drop and club like nhl 15 ways community lobby rooms skate radius stick blade type attributes points rookie semi pro pro Superstar all-star and legend pretty much everything nhl 15 has that 22 won't have I can tell you that
    Insert DREAM ON by Aerosmith in the back round
  • I agree take out eliminator's 3s arcade also 3v3 drop in and club go back to 6v6 drop and club like nhl 15 ways community lobby rooms skate radius stick blade type attributes points rookie semi pro pro Superstar all-star and legend pretty much everything nhl 15 has that 22 won't have I can tell you that
    Insert DREAM ON by Aerosmith in the back round

I wouldn't say no to removing the more arcadey stuff likes one eliminator et al. Right now there are way too many game modes for WoC and it divides the player base even moreso than it already is
  • thebrazenhead75
    236 posts Member
    edited July 11
    ELIMINATE the ENFORCER build!

More often than not it results in more harm then good. I’ve noticed recently an increasing amount of newbies using this build just to go for big hits which they often miss thus resulting in an odd man rush or breakaway. They take stupid penalties all game long leaving your team shorthanded. They also just want to fight all game which disrupts and kills any momentum and the flow of the game.

I’d also like to see more game misconducts when it is clear a player with an Enforcer build has intent to injure an opposing player.

I often get questioned in lobbies when I’m playing RD with my Sniper build and my response is simple. I can easily keep up and not get beat by opposing Snipers (which a lot of players use). I have excellent passing and shooting which helps my team offensively which the Enforcer builds do not. I can also play great defensively using a Sniper build while NOT taking penalties. I average maybe 1-2 every few games. I also use a defensive trait and the PK speciality to increase certain traits. Most importantly though this build has the best skating ability out of all the builds which helps in all aspects of the game. I use to always use the Offensive build and have tried the Puck Moving build but I find the Sniper build with a bit of size even (5’10, 183 lbs) is even better.

Also now the majority of the time I won’t even enter a game that has an Enforcer build as a teammate which makes finding a full 6’s game even longer. Even though I’ve played with a couple of great players that use this build the majority just use it to troll.

• IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    I agree take out eliminator's 3s arcade also 3v3 drop in and club go back to 6v6 drop and club like nhl 15

I wouldn't say no to removing the more arcadey stuff likes one eliminator et al. Right now there are way too many game modes for WoC and it divides the player base even more so than it already is

So I agree on the description of the problem, and up until recently I would have agreed that the solution was to reduce the number of modes. But now I am not so sure. Or at the very least think the solution is more nuanced than that.

The issue is that people who want to play arcade style hockey, will. If you remove Eliminator they will just end up in Drop In 3s and I am not sure that will be a rewarding experience for anyone involved.

In my head right now I am thinking Pro Am could be nuked but past that... I am less certain
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited July 12
    ELIMINATE the ENFORCER build!

More often than not it results in more harm then good. I’ve noticed recently an increasing amount of newbies using this build just to go for big hits which they often miss thus resulting in an odd man rush or breakaway. They take stupid penalties all game long leaving your team shorthanded. They also just want to fight all game which disrupts and kills any momentum and the flow of the game.

I’d also like to see more game misconducts when it is clear a player with an Enforcer build has intent to injure an opposing player.

I often get questioned in lobbies when I’m playing RD with my Sniper build and my response is simple. I can easily keep up and not get beat by opposing Snipers (which a lot of players use). I have excellent passing and shooting which helps my team offensively which the Enforcer builds do not. I can also play great defensively using a Sniper build while NOT taking penalties. I average maybe 1-2 every few games. I also use a defensive trait and the PK speciality to increase certain traits. Most importantly though this build has the best skating ability out of all the builds which helps in all aspects of the game. I use to always use the Offensive build and have tried the Puck Moving build but I find the Sniper build with a bit of size even (5’10, 183 lbs) is even better.

Also now the majority of the time I won’t even enter a game that has an Enforcer build as a teammate which makes finding a full 6’s game even longer. Even though I’ve played with a couple of great players that use this build the majority just use it to troll.

Ya I too always cringe a little when I see my D partner running a 6'9" enforcer. Happened last night in fact. I do think the build can be useful but also that it is abused, or rather used to abuse others. I think rather than get rid of it though, this is where anti-griefing measures could factor in. If we had those, dudes who just want to run around and hit people, resulting in too many penalties, odd man rushes, and missed checks would be ejected for poor D/teamplay.
  • Private Ones games so you can play with a friend or two!
  • Drop in vote to kick option for players who are not playing or trolling (must be majority rules. 3/5 or 4/6 players must agree).
    If disconnected, allow to rejoin a drop in or club game at the next stoppage
    If you need a quick break in drop in or club games, allow your player to skate to the bench and put a computer on for you until your ready to return.
    Please consider
  • twhite1387
    275 posts Member
    edited August 16
    Libombers wrote: »
    If disconnected, allow to rejoin a drop in or club game at the next stoppage

Why this isn't a thing yet is beyond me. And when it's EA server side...the good old "unexpected error", it counts as a DNF(which in and of itself I dont agree with), and you lose the stats you had. If not the next stoppage, the intermission at the very least

• Hopefully NHL 22 is the game that we see attributes make a comeback.
    Id also like to see
    1Custom music
    2 more jerseys socks pant types
    3 More logos for customization like especially the retro logos such as the Tampa logo and kachina logo .
    4 a game where hitting makes sense. Bigger hits and stronger players should cause more injuries.
    5player types should lose the size constraints. As there are smaller grinder type players in the NHL
    Brenden Gallagher for example he plays a grinder role at 5'8.
    6 Eashl clubs should be allowed to save their teams strategies. it is lame we have to set them every game.
    7 Attributes and Boost packs should both be brought back. attributes should be given to every player on day one. while Boost packs should be unlocked over the first 30 ranks similar to how traits are unlocked now. I Love the ability to customize my own player as I'm sick of the cookie cutter builds forced on us by Ea.
    Chel use to be way better when players had the ability to build their guy to their liking.
    8 Eashl games should be matched based off peoples Ping. ping limits should be brought into thegame
    9 EA Should give you a small summary of what attributes do. Like does anyone know what off and def awareness actually do? Does anyone know what strength does?
    10 Just please make the game better as a whole. The last 5 years have basically been cut and paste games with new cover players and year change. the game has felt the same for the last 5 years .