EA Forums - Banner

NHL 2021 Playoffs Discussion

Prev13456
EA_Blueberry
4641 posts EA Community Manager
bsvu3voppj56.png

Hey, NHL fans!

The NHL 2021 Playoffs are well underway. Earlier this year, we had a discussion on the start of the inaugural season. Including a poll on who you all thought will hoist the Stanley Cup. Thank you for participating!

So who are you rooting for? Discuss and share your favorite moments below.

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    Avs - carolina final.

But if wild beats vgk, it's a warning.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Avs - carolina final.

A warning for what?... lol
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    edited May 20
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Avs - carolina final.

A warning for what?... lol

For the lord stanley. I hold wild as an strong outsider, and the first round is often the toughest and Vegas is a difficult team.

But hell... There's so many good teams. Ofc I can only guess..and this is my wiiild-guess. 🤷‍♀️😏
  • Efbomb
    174 posts Member
    edited May 20
    Not saying this is gonna happen, but every time the Leafs and Habs have met in the playoffs, the winner of that series has gone on to win the Cup.

Just thought I’d throw that out there.
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    Efbomb wrote: »
    Not saying this is gonna happen, but every time the Leafs and Habs have met in the playoffs, the winner of that series has gone on to win the Cup.

Interesting fact. (can't been that many times huh..?)

So in other words, are you sayin I should put all my savings on the team that qualify into the next round from that serie? 🙄🤔😏
  • IceLion68
    1575 posts Member
    That shorty by Byron tho - wow
  • Efbomb
    174 posts Member
    edited May 21

So in other words, are you sayin I should put all my savings on the team that qualify into the next round from that serie? 🙄🤔😏

Yeah. I wouldn’t bet on it.

And I personally have no stock in these playoffs. I happen to be a lifelong Rangers fan, since 80. They’ll be relevant soon. I expect a lot of wheeling and dealing in the off-season. Too many kids, and lots of holes in that roster.
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member

And I personally have no stock in these playoffs. I happen to be a lifelong Rangers fan, since 80. They’ll be relevant soon. I expect a lot of wheeling and dealing in the off-season. Too many kids, and lots of holes in that roster.

Heard a swedish coach with name Sam Hallam was in the discussion to take over the 'blue shirts'. But just a roumer.

Rangers is definitely coming - like many other teams. NHL is fun that way - We get no Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus.

As it is now - I hold Tampa as the crown, but probebly not for that long.
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    That shorty by Byron tho - wow

Nice - SH goal too.

Almost like in the game - when you get tripped on a breakaway.. And you try to left/right deke the goalie 😄
  • Efbomb
    174 posts Member

Rangers is definitely coming - like many other teams. NHL is fun that way - We get no Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus.

Trust me, I’m much happier with the cap than without it.

The Rangers tried to go the way of Barcelona and Real Madrid, getting all the high priced free agents back in the late 90’s to try to get another Cup. It never worked. They’d be the highest paid team year after year, and they’d miss the playoffs year after year.

If you know anything about which players were really good from back then, just look up some of the teams they had. Toms of talent, just no chemistry.
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member

Trust me, I’m much happier with the cap than without it.

The Rangers tried to go the way of Barcelona and Real Madrid, getting all the high priced free agents back in the late 90’s to try to get another Cup. It never worked. They’d be the highest paid team year after year, and they’d miss the playoffs year after year.

If you know anything about which players were really good from back then, just look up some of the teams they had. Toms of talent, just no chemistry.

Yeah it's been proven, time after time, you cant really buy success. All though I think it can help - to have some money - but there's so much more then that.

I heard Eichel could be a name for you guys - Speaking of stars and money... 😏
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member

Back to back on ovie hehe..

But my thoughts today is with Tavares, it was scary to see - so good to hear he seems to be fine. ❤️
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    497 posts Member
    Go Habs Go.
    I think Colorado has a good chance of winning the cup this year
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    edited May 24
    Im gonna put my hope to jets now when the blues seem to be gone.

Im having a hard time getting a team to cheer for.. I like alot of teams - but I wanna find my true love ..

Perhaps I will try to be a 'kraken' next season - cause of the connection between the name and the nordic monster that ruled here according to the myth. 😱😊
  • IceLion68
    1575 posts Member
    Jets sweep The Connor McDavids in triple OT. LETS GOOOOOO!!

My boy Nik had an amazing return in Game 3 after being out for a month with injury.

Seriously this kid has one of the best (and sneakiest) wrist shots in the league.
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    I love the - piiing - as the sound from the hit of the post.

Nik is underestimated - so is the whole jets.

They finished off pretty weak, therefore I thought they lost the touch, but they layed edmonton to rest pretty comfortably.

Go jets
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member

Mcd shows frustration..

But I agree - it dosent seem to be in a rude/bad way, just some explanation in the heat of battle.
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    edited May 27
    Foligno bring it..

https://mobile.twitter.com/puckreportnhl/status/1397740736175616000

Same game, Dumba gets tuch with a heavy hit..

• TTZ_Dipsy
    497 posts Member
    Yeah Suzuki, good job!
  • Sega82mega
    3802 posts Member
    Next game will be first Canadien game that fans will be allowed.

Not much, but something..

I can feel it's abit unfair - this whole thing with fans on the game.

Like canes - they got more or less the whole areana behind them - which of course makes a huge difference.