EA Forums - Banner

NHL 2021 Playoffs Discussion

Replies

  • IceLion68
    1553 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »

    Maybe Tavares being injured affected the team more then I thought.

    Could very well be.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    495 posts Member
    edited June 1
    nono you got it all wrong, you see; the Leafs simply debuffed themselves too much. It's like when you're playing Returnal and overload your suit to the point you get a critical malfunction (been absolutely loving this game, highly recommend it).

    Basically, they have the Toronto curse which is already bad, but then you had nasty Joe Thornton's beard into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster. Cuse+curse= double failure.

    Shave the beard and actually add some depth, they might have a chance of reaching round 2
  • Efbomb
    174 posts Member
    As a Rangers fan, I’m happy the Leafs collapsed.

    The Rangers now have company with the dubious honor of being the team with the longest drought between Cups. 54 years!

    I hope they lose again next year. Then they’ll be all alone in that category. After that, I wouldn’t care if they won four in a row. 😄
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    nono you got it all wrong, you see; the Leafs simply debuffed themselves too much. It's like when you're playing Returnal and overload your suit to the point you get a critical malfunction (been absolutely loving this game, highly recommend it).

    Basically, they have the Toronto curse which is already bad, but then you had nasty Joe Thornton's beard into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster. Cuse+curse= double failure.

    Shave the beard and actually add some depth, they might have a chance of reaching round 2

    Oooh, thats how it is..!

    .. expect a call from the Leafs the next few days - your probebly next on their list trying to lead them to victory.

    .. sounds like you got the recipe.

    Poor Thornton.

    😏
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited June 4


    What do you guys think of that?

    It was a smashing hit.. Not the most pretty I've seen.

    Four games suspension - not good for jets.

    I feel 2 games could have been enough - I can both defend the hit but also understand the brutality innit..
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • IceLion68
    1553 posts Member
    Ya this is tough.

    Scheifele is not a dirty player and as a Jets fan it was disappointing to see this.

    On the one hand:
    Evans had his head down and given the time and situation probably should not have thought his goal attempt there would be uncontested. It's also arguable whether he should have attempted this play at this time in the game.
    Scheifele stops skating at the hash marks, did not leave his feet and the initial contact was not the head.


    On the Other Hand:
    The fact that Scheifele starts coasting at the hash marks rather than continuing to skate hard and get a stick on Evans' stick or the puck leads me to believe that he was more interested in "hitting something" than actually preventing the goal: he was visibly frustrated by this point. He follows through with the hit when he knows he's going to be too late to stop the goal and he knows Evans is vulnerable.

    It looks very ugly and dangerous, tho I would not say particularly "dirty" and I do think 4 games is too much given his clean record. I think this is a case of being punished for the outcome as much as anything, though in this case I think the outcome Scheifele probably should have foreseen.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    1553 posts Member
    As a Jets fan of course this is devastating, this one stupid thoughtless act probably will cost the Jets this series.

    I hope Evans is OK... any word on his condition?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    As a Jets fan of course this is devastating, this one stupid thoughtless act probably will cost the Jets this series.

    I hope Evans is OK... any word on his condition?

    I agree with what you said to 100%.

    Scheifele took the 'dirty job' and back-checked really hard, the game was still alive - it's the playoffs. Can’t direct blame him.

    Two players that did everything they could to help the team.

    But as you said - #55 had something really dark in he's eyes, from earlier in the game, im sure there were some boild anger in that hit.

    I read that he was okey - shook up - but okey.

    Im also all jets now with the teams that left.

    Jets with abit 'wounded' squad. Hope they can come together now with the 'chef gone'...
  • IceLion68
    1553 posts Member
    I really hope Stastny is back into the lineup next game
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    Im not so impress by Dubois so far, he needs to step up - If he got what it takes. Saw some stats from the middle of 2th period, 33 shifts this serie - 1 shot.

    Same goes for connor and Blake.

    Elhers, Lowry and Copp is the 'only' real threat, offensively.

    Better win next game!
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    495 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Evans hit was a weird one. I'm a Habs fan but also like Schiefele.. He's not a dirty player but it was an immoral hit he knew full well he was making.

    4 games is good for the Habs but makes little sense to me considering his record.. I mean, Reaves throws a guy down then kneels on his neck a la George Floyd and only gets 2... Don't wanna go that route but is it because he's black its ok? He's a repeat offender goon
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited June 5
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Evans hit was a weird one. I'm a Habs fan but also like Schiefele.. He's not a dirty player but it was an immoral hit he knew full well he was making.

    4 games is good for the Habs but makes little sense to me considering his record.. I mean, Reaves throws a guy down then kneels on his neck a la George Floyd and only gets 2... Don't wanna go that route but is it because he's black its ok? He's a repeat offender goon

    I think they judge it that way cause Evans got carried away on a stretcher meanwhile Graves played the very same game Reaves jump him.

    But I agree - what Reaves did felt worst. The intent was really to hurt him - they look to much on the consequences and not how the attack was made.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    I wonder if islanders may have the loudest fans in NHL.

    They kept on going all game long against bruins. Impressive.
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    Vegas is too heavy. I didn't see that.

    Go islanders for everything!
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited June 13
    Islanders is good. Palmieri is gonna give them hell... And then there is Barzal. The star.

    Can be a tough serie. Can’t wait first home game isles.

    *Pelech is such a great player. 'Always' in good place. Whole islanders defend 'the cross crease' pretty solid.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    495 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Petry looking like a demon lol.

    tbapmtwyy6xh.jpg

    Part of my team's lore is Dipsy Doodle is actually the devil... well, it's in the real NHL, EA, I hope to see evil eyes in '22

  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited June 17
    [Removed - CM]


    Good game Habs - now you take it back home!
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    The saga continue - habs is so much better then I thought.

    Tamba - habs could be cool. All tough my dream - final would be habs against islanders. But I dont know - tampa seem to have the grip.
  • Yeees islanders is back! 2-2.
    1-3 would likely have killed them.

    I love their 4th line - pure power!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!