EA Forums - Banner

not even close to being enjoyable

everyone do yourself a favor.
uninstall. go on steam - download "slapshot rebound"
an actual hockey game.
its free.

dear ea,
throw youre whole game away and start from scratch.
this aint it.

-sincerely,
a hockey player that wants a hockey game

the entire game is an endless experience of being trapped in animation frames.
you are limited to what the game decides to do, rather than what you input into the controls.
it is absolutely insane.

the ONLY reason, anyone, even buys this game: is because you have no competition.
this game sucks. and im not just stirring the pot, its on factchecker.org

do away with automatic dekes, and automatic stick awareness defense,
and for the love of god make it a precision controlled manual thing.

why take away pressure sensitive passes??????

just make the whole game an automatic movie like the walking dead and we just pick a button every few minutes jesus christ

this game sucks, i could continue for days explaining why this is a bad hockey game.
download slapshot rebound on steam

Replies

• Xenomorph1502
    5 posts Member
    edited July 22
    I stoped playing nhl for 5 months and gave it a try yesterday just to see if some miraculous patch has saved it. Well im done with it for good for this and following years just like I did with fifa and nfl. I play lots of games mainly sports and racing ones and this is the worst I have played on ps4, just how bad it is. I dont know if slapshot rebound exists on ps4 but even though I dont see any reason to play this mess of a game when there are lots of good sports games out there from other sports, even from smaller companies like ao tennis, wich is a very good game. Id like a hockey game but if the experience is as terrible as it is I spend my time playing something else. My honest and constructive tip for the devs is go play mlb the show for some inspiration, I know baseball needs different mechanics but if they experience something well done maybe some ideas come for hockey.
  • EA_Aljo
    3202 posts EA Community Manager
    I stoped playing nhl for 5 months and gave it a try yesterday just to see if some miraculous patch has saved it. Well im done with it for good for this and following years just like I did with fifa and nfl. I play lots of games mainly sports and racing ones and this is the worst I have played on ps4, just how bad it is. I dont know if slapshot rebound exists on ps4 but even though I dont see any reason to play this mess of a game when there are lots of good sports games out there from other sports, even from smaller companies like ao tennis, wich is a very good game. Id like a hockey game but if the experience is as terrible as it is I spend my time playing something else. My honest and constructive tip for the devs is go play mlb the show for some inspiration, I know baseball needs different mechanics but if they experience something well done maybe some ideas come for hockey.

We definitely appreciate the feedback, but there isn't much we can do with this. Can you constructively provide some details so we know what your issues with the game are? Thanks!
  • bFooz_SVK
    1 posts New member
    edited August 23
    Hi. I recently purchased a PS4 and NHL21. Back in a day I played NHL13 and 14 extensively, mainly online versus and did enjoy it well. I cannot say the same thing about online NHL21. The main problem I see is the speed which is too fast.

It all starts with 4 gameplay presets where none of them has a realistic gameplay speed. The "Sim" preset claims to be "Ultra-realistic" but it's a false claim, it's too fast. My very first reaction when I started my very first match in NHL 21 ("Competitive" or "Sim", do not recall exactly) was "what a [profanity removed] play". I don't know if this is a trend nowadays or what but no real tactics can be employed with such fast gameplay speed, it's just few random passes to get past defenders, then a onetimer and repeat. I can slow it down offline, which I do, and then it starts to show the potential and depth and then I start to enjoy it. But that cannot be done online.

If the "Sim" mode was really as sim as it gets, then a solution for an online gameplay could be to offer two modes - current competitive mode as an arcade option and a sim mode for realistic gameplay. I would be willing to wait for the right match even 10 or so minutes.

With its current state I definitely do not feel a need to bring a mouth guard (it's a dumb copy, the person probably did not play this).

Edit: Removed profanity. Please keep your posts free of swearing. -CM
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on