EA Forums - Banner

thx EA for the fun but can't stand your game anymore

2Next

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3060 posts EA Community Manager
    jimmo52 wrote: »
    I totally feel you. Before 2-3 months ago, it was really fun. I was defending well, scoring pretty goals, making nice hits, collecting cards, everything that you want from a NHL game.
    Now that everyone knows about the super short side goal with high overall cards, the game is not fun anymore. It became a chores to defend against those, should have been low scoring chance, super high scoring chance super short side. You make a very little mistake of giving space on those super short side and it goes in almost every time. Now, you absolutely must always stay close to the puck carrier and must absolutely poke or hit the carrier or it will go in... which is unthinkable realistically.
    So, I think I will quit this game, for my mental health, because it is way too frustrating to defend against these stupid goals.

Overalls of players have gone up a lot in the last few months. That's going to raise the success of these shots. Sniping the shortside has been an issue for the last few years so I've gotten used to defending it so it doesn't go in near as much as it used to. However, that doesn't alleviate the frustration of constantly having to defend the same shot over and over again. On the other hand, it feels good shutting these guys down that limit themselves to 1 or 2 shots. The opponents that are tough to play are the ones that mix up their shots and actually take advantage of poor positioning, playing too aggressive, playing too conservative, not managing line fatigue, etc. If they just do the same thing over and over again, those players get pretty easy to shut down since they are very predictable.
  • Sega82mega
    3812 posts Member
    The 'same thing over and over - guys' are definitely having a much harder time today.

But there's still high success rate on the 'kinda the same thing over and over - guys'.

Would be cool if you didn't knew before every game what you had to expect.

That pretty unique feeling that would keep you attached.
  • The no look backhand "hook" saucer stretch passes. The ability to "protect the puck" while your stick is through the boards and still able to pass the puck. The short side just above or below the goal line over the goalie's shoulders. The "invincibility" of stopping mid ice or against the boards while getting hit but still having the puck or the puck bouncing to your teammate...

Yeah. This game is absolutely trash.
  • jimmo52
    96 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jimmo52 wrote: »
    I totally feel you. Before 2-3 months ago, it was really fun. I was defending well, scoring pretty goals, making nice hits, collecting cards, everything that you want from a NHL game.
    Now that everyone knows about the super short side goal with high overall cards, the game is not fun anymore. It became a chores to defend against those, should have been low scoring chance, super high scoring chance super short side. You make a very little mistake of giving space on those super short side and it goes in almost every time. Now, you absolutely must always stay close to the puck carrier and must absolutely poke or hit the carrier or it will go in... which is unthinkable realistically.
    So, I think I will quit this game, for my mental health, because it is way too frustrating to defend against these stupid goals.

Overalls of players have gone up a lot in the last few months. That's going to raise the success of these shots. Sniping the shortside has been an issue for the last few years so I've gotten used to defending it so it doesn't go in near as much as it used to. However, that doesn't alleviate the frustration of constantly having to defend the same shot over and over again. On the other hand, it feels good shutting these guys down that limit themselves to 1 or 2 shots. The opponents that are tough to play are the ones that mix up their shots and actually take advantage of poor positioning, playing too aggressive, playing too conservative, not managing line fatigue, etc. If they just do the same thing over and over again, those players get pretty easy to shut down since they are very predictable.

I don't mind the shortside goals, which are pretty much defendable.
    The issue with this year are super shortside goals, very near the goal line, which is pretty absurb in my opinion. A righty shooting from the right side is really hard to defend. You need to block or poke. Trying to poke a righty on his forehand is pretty guaranteed to trip him. Blocking is hard because you want to stay between the puck carrier and the potential one-timer receiver. Also, why would you want to block a shot coming from the goal line, from a righty that is coming from the right? Those shots should be easy saves for the goalie. Sometimes, it can trickles in to become a goal but it should be rare. People are literally sniping from the goal line.
  • hockey is my favorites game,the game i spent the most time on console.i,M a big fan of hockey.
    the gameplay was perfect; the way we can score many goals with one-timer,cross crease,etc.
    i cant stand for many reason and its not because i'm bad at the game. i did top 10 few times cause i was lucky enough in SB and finished div 3 in rivals.i did have a pretty good team 97 ovr and it was fun to improve it.

the biggest problem is the rng ; the random number generator in game is so high that every play can change the momentum or advantage to one side. thus can change completely the game and give victory to one side.

i'm getting tired playing right now cause i have many gold collectibles and can't use them to craft a set of master card. Your stanley cup event is the worst of the season cause you take bad decisions; cards overall starting too low, wee need to use collectibles stanley cup playoffs to make a set for a master card...you are kidding, better ask us to stop playing your game instead. thats what many players did anyway cause we rarely play someone in our division in rivals.

the cpu ragging is what make me stop Squad battle too and the rng is getting on my nerves.

the grinding for week 1 to this week for the best result as possible every weeks on SB and rivals was so exhausting. hut rush also make too much grinding in this game if you want to do the max for free stuff.not to says the hut rush at the end with first to score 4 or 5 goals was really stupid from your part when the max was 3 all the year before.

i did noticed also that your game make me so mad and angry by moments in every game that i can play many other games without that.

Over this game, 5 used controllers broken and 2 brand new.

Buying your game every years for a max of 12 months life its what is going to take me away for another 15 years from your product again.

i still want to thank's for the fun i had in ealier months but the last 2 months was more of a waiting for expectation that never comes

Take my advice. Don't play FIFA whatever you do. If you rage over HUT you'll go postal playing FIFA.
  • Stephlefan6AX
    287 posts Member
    edited June 21
    hockey is my favorites game,the game i spent the most time on console.i,M a big fan of hockey.
    the gameplay was perfect; the way we can score many goals with one-timer,cross crease,etc.
    i cant stand for many reason and its not because i'm bad at the game. i did top 10 few times cause i was lucky enough in SB and finished div 3 in rivals.i did have a pretty good team 97 ovr and it was fun to improve it.

the biggest problem is the rng ; the random number generator in game is so high that every play can change the momentum or advantage to one side. thus can change completely the game and give victory to one side.

i'm getting tired playing right now cause i have many gold collectibles and can't use them to craft a set of master card. Your stanley cup event is the worst of the season cause you take bad decisions; cards overall starting too low, wee need to use collectibles stanley cup playoffs to make a set for a master card...you are kidding, better ask us to stop playing your game instead. thats what many players did anyway cause we rarely play someone in our division in rivals.

the cpu ragging is what make me stop Squad battle too and the rng is getting on my nerves.

the grinding for week 1 to this week for the best result as possible every weeks on SB and rivals was so exhausting. hut rush also make too much grinding in this game if you want to do the max for free stuff.not to says the hut rush at the end with first to score 4 or 5 goals was really stupid from your part when the max was 3 all the year before.

i did noticed also that your game make me so mad and angry by moments in every game that i can play many other games without that.

Buying your game every years for a max of 12 months life its what is going to take me away for another 15 years from your product again.

i still want to thank's for the fun i had in ealier months but the last 2 months was more of a waiting for expectation that never comes

Take my advice. Don't play FIFA whatever you do. If you rage over HUT you'll go postal playing FIFA.

nhl franchise is the only EA game i ever played since the 90's
  • hockey is my favorites game,the game i spent the most time on console.i,M a big fan of hockey.

PES is the far superior soccer game, with gameplay that is much more organic, far better AI, and is just overall more true to the sport. Just like how The Show, NBA 2K, and NFL 2k5 are all far more authentic portrayals of their sports than EA's attempts at those sports have been.

Sad that we haven't had another company make a hockey game for 10 years now. That's why we continue to get a sad excuse for a hockey game. No neutral zone play, no puck battles, no board play, and so on. Just an up and down the ice figure skating and Harlem globetrotter passing exploit fest to score the 2 or 3 money goals.
  • Racesunite wrote: »
    I totally feel you on this. It was fun in the beginning now it feels like a chore. The gameplay that you talked about is spot on. SB feels like a game of keep away then hockey. The difference in AI intellegence between my team and the SB team is night and day yet they refuse to address it. Instead of listening to the huge amount of people who say it's there, they are adamantly refusing to acknoledge it. I mean c'mon seriously? As a company, you don't even need to address it. Just patch it quielty in an update and that's it.

As for the cards. The master sets are not really master sets. They just have more synergies. What is the point of master sets when there are higher rated Primetimes and TOW coming out. Also the cost. So let me understand this correctly. I need to do 40 challenges then give about 600K in collectables so I can get someone I can buy for between 600K to 800K (and the price is dropping fast) I am sure by the time they release the rest of the 20 challenges the price in the AH will probably be even less than that since more 98's are coming out.

Random number generator thing is real and is a pain...they should modify it to tighten up the range within a difficulty level so the srubs are unable to beat your stacked team EVER, or hardly ever.
    The depreciation of cards creates a lot of problems. Noticed I could buy a maxed out master icon card for much less than having to get 12 or more collectibles for it plus the 92 card. I won't complain about that though, but with synergies and good cards there's nowhere else to go with the game now except just play. Which is ok, after all it's summer.
  • rmnyi
    39 posts Member
    @amxblade

This is treading into ice tilt territory so I'm only going to say this one more time. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever that boosts one side over the other. Just because you score multiple goals with one player or a late game goal, it doesn't mean this was forced to happen by some game mechanic.

I started playing this game in 2014. Stopped playing in 2019. There is something very inconsistent with the feel of the game. I check in every now and then in the hopes that there are some big improvements but i see the same posts every year. Between the frustrating game play and the grind, it starts to feel like work and that's not what gaming should be.
  • rmnyi wrote: »
    @amxblade

This is treading into ice tilt territory so I'm only going to say this one more time. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever that boosts one side over the other. Just because you score multiple goals with one player or a late game goal, it doesn't mean this was forced to happen by some game mechanic.

I started playing this game in 2014. Stopped playing in 2019. There is something very inconsistent with the feel of the game. I check in every now and then in the hopes that there are some big improvements but i see the same posts every year. Between the frustrating game play and the grind, it starts to feel like work and that's not what gaming should be.

I started playing HUT in March 2020 with NHL20. Then continued on with NHL21. I began as a free to play player but then got drawn into spending money in the game and subsequently grinding the auction market, which I do extremely well.

It is for me personally, a lesson learned the hard way ! and I will be leaving the game (and EA Sports as well) because I personally don't think they are operating in an honest manner as a gaming/software business, and from all of the comments I have read in these forums and other community boards.

They are focused on selling $$$ packs and making you adopt that gambling habit. The game changers do a great job in marketing the packs and getting you to finally cave in and buy them too.

My final losses for NHL 21 are $1,800 USD spent on packs in the store, 4 to 5 hours per day to play the daily grind of games in either SB, Hut Rush or online.

I also purchased the NHL 21 Deluxe edition, and like many others never got to play the game until a few days after download as a result of the EA, PS4 licenses and installation issues. The special monthly packs were also a complete joke as my best pull was the usual 85 rated base player.

Unfortunately, some new players will always be there to pick up the slack as smart game players realize the joke and leave the franchise. I love hockey but will just have to do without EA.
  • EA_Aljo
    3060 posts EA Community Manager
    @jediwisdom

I can understand not wanting to spend money on points to open packs. I don't spend much myself and earn the high majority of my club from SB and Rivals rewards. Regardless, there are other modes where you can hopefully get your video game hockey fix without spending anything extra.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @jediwisdom

I can understand not wanting to spend money on points to open packs. I don't spend much myself and earn the high majority of my club from SB and Rivals rewards. Regardless, there are other modes where you can hopefully get your video game hockey fix without spending anything extra.

HUT needs a major change in direction. Enough with gambling on packs, endless grinds for almost nothing and mountains of useless cards.
  • amxblade
    209 posts Member
    edited July 4
    @jediwisdom

HUT needs a major change in direction. Enough with gambling on packs, endless grinds for almost nothing and mountains of useless cards.

I agree 1000% with you. Unfortunately HUT makes them too much money so why worry about putting out a quality product when you can just keep putting out the same game each year with a fresh coat of paint and a new deke. Until people stop buying the game each year, nothing will change unfortunately.