EA Forums - Banner

Player mame

So couple weeks ago when Toronto got eliminated I put my player name to TorontoYouSuck YouSuck somehow thats offensive got reported and I got a week ban they locked my player name to "Joe Nhl" lol UnReal over a video game

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4651 posts EA Community Manager
    Hi, @Xx87Penguins71xX

If you wish to dispute this action please submit a case to our Terms of Service team here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/
  • IceLion68
    1575 posts Member
    It never ceases to surprise me what gets flagged vs what somehow slips through. Something like this is pretty innocuous and harmless really. Yet some of the most foul stuff somehow gets through.

EA really REALLY needs to start from scratch with their Policies, Procedures and tech with regards to this stuff. It's abysmal.
  • EA_Aljo
    3060 posts EA Community Manager
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    It never ceases to surprise me what gets flagged vs what somehow slips through. Something like this is pretty innocuous and harmless really. Yet some of the most foul stuff somehow gets through.

EA really REALLY needs to start from scratch with their Policies, Procedures and tech with regards to this stuff. It's abysmal.

There are always going to be names we miss. It's extremely difficult to monitor every single name and the creative ways people are circumventing the filters. There are a very high amount of people with much more offensive names getting actioned as well.
  • My player name Jenna Tallia got blocked.....reset and locked to JOE NHL. I mean, she's a chick, so shouldn't it at least be Joanna NHL???
  • I think the flaggers need to know the difference between Rude, Vulgar, and Offensive over Sense of humour. Seems alot of the wrong ones get flagged...
  • EA_Aljo
    3060 posts EA Community Manager
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    I think the flaggers need to know the difference between Rude, Vulgar, and Offensive over Sense of humour. Seems alot of the wrong ones get flagged...

I really don't think that's ever going to happen. We're all human. What offends some may not offend others. If the name is reported and our team can see how it can be offensive, chances are good action will be taken.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    I think the flaggers need to know the difference between Rude, Vulgar, and Offensive over Sense of humour. Seems alot of the wrong ones get flagged...

I really don't think that's ever going to happen. We're all human. What offends some may not offend others. If the name is reported and our team can see how it can be offensive, chances are good action will be taken.

Fair and valid point. But then how does my last name "White" not only get flagged once, but twice. How does the team not see I'm using my real name? That logic is like me saying the last name of "Johnson" offends me because it could possibly be meant to be Phallic related. It's just frustrating, and makes me wonder who actually reviews them, if anybody actually does or it's bot software with set parameters