EA Forums - Banner

winnipeg manitoba canada wants lower ping . we need a server ea

THEREALJONC
posts New member
edited June 24
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada needs lower ping . We need a server; can I buy one and set it up for people in the Manitoba area ? How do i go about that? I need answers E.A please and Thank you . Wpg General

EA_Blueberry: Removed ALL CAPS from post title
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• What's your current ping?
  • I live in Burnaby, BC and get 36-50 best ping on good internet. Wired, amazing gaming router, yet the worst ping towards EA servers on West server. EA is located in Burnaby and I live not too far from there so how is that possible?????
  • I live in Burnaby, BC and get 36-50 best ping on good internet. Wired, amazing gaming router, yet the worst ping towards EA servers on West server. EA is located in Burnaby and I live not too far from there so how is that possible?????

You should take a look at the route your connection to the EA servers is taking. Based on my experience the number of times a connection problem is actually due to EA servers is vanishingly small. Most connection issues tend to be at the ISP level or due to a problem somewhere between the ISP and the EA servers.

There are plenty of user-friendly tools available ( PingPlotter is a pretty good entry point ). Try one and see what your connection to easo.ea.com looks like. At a minimum it should give you a decent idea of where the problem really is.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4651 posts EA Community Manager
    Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada needs lower ping . We need a server; can I buy one and set it up for people in the Manitoba area ? How do i go about that? I need answers E.A please and Thank you . Wpg General

EA_Blueberry: Removed ALL CAPS from post title

We'll share feedback to the team on what regions players are in that are requesting servers and/or better latency. EA runs their servers internally, thus unless there is an announcement I do not expect that request to be fulfilled.

Have you tried any connection troubleshooting to see if things can improve though? Hope these help!

Connection Troubleshooting
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

You should take a look at the route your connection to the EA servers is taking. Based on my experience the number of times a connection problem is actually due to EA servers is vanishingly small. Most connection issues tend to be at the ISP level or due to a problem somewhere between the ISP and the EA servers.

There are plenty of user-friendly tools available ( PingPlotter is a pretty good entry point ). Try one and see what your connection to easo.ea.com looks like. At a minimum it should give you a decent idea of where the problem really is.

This isn't just me, it is majority of us on the west who get this ping. East gets like 6 lowest sometimes.
  • Socair
    2771 posts Game Changer
    I live in Burnaby, BC and get 36-50 best ping on good internet. Wired, amazing gaming router, yet the worst ping towards EA servers on West server. EA is located in Burnaby and I live not too far from there so how is that possible?????

This isn't just me, it is majority of us on the west who get this ping. East gets like 6 lowest sometimes.

Ping is a measure of distance to the server. Some in the east get 6ms cause they live very near a server. It has nothing to do with your speeds. I can’t say where the EA servers are located, but Burnaby is not one.
  • This isn't just me, it is majority of us on the west who get this ping. East gets like 6 lowest sometimes.

Nobody said it's just you. But there are a number of factors involved when it comes to determining the quality of your connection to anything on the internet. Jumping to the conclusion that the problem is any one factor without doing any kind of investigation isn't really useful.

If you're unsure about how to look into the issue the link @EA_Blueberry posted above gives pretty good step-by-step instructions. If you need assistance interpreting the results I'm sure there's plenty of people here that will be willing to help out.

• IceLion68
    1575 posts Member
    Socair wrote: »
    I live in Burnaby, BC and get 36-50 best ping on good internet. Wired, amazing gaming router, yet the worst ping towards EA servers on West server. EA is located in Burnaby and I live not too far from there so how is that possible?????

Ping is a measure of distance to the server. Some in the east get 6ms cause they live very near a server. It has nothing to do with your speeds. I can’t say where the EA servers are located, but Burnaby is not one.

Why would the location of the EA servers be secret?!
  • Socair
    2771 posts Game Changer
    edited June 29
    IceLion68 wrote: »

Security reasons. You can see the region for each within the club search menu however.
  • j0rtsu67
    633 posts Member
    edited June 29

Security reasons. You can see the region for each within the club search menu however.
    But is it enough though? :confused:
    Every time I see you guys saying "You should do some troubleshooting and a trace route..." this (very long) video from YT and especially this one image from it comes to my mind. Any thoughts?
    tc501cwg421k.jpg
  • EA_Aljo
    3060 posts EA Community Manager
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »

But is it enough though? :confused:
    Every time I see you guys saying "You should do some troubleshooting and a trace route..." this (very long) video from YT and especially this one image from it comes to my mind. Any thoughts?
    tc501cwg421k.jpg

Trace routes still provide good information even without using the IP of the server you're playing on. It shows how the connection to your router is as well as the initial hops. Which includes the node in your neighborhood. Many issues begin with the router so you don't need to ping the IP of the server.
  • IceLion68
    1575 posts Member

This still makes no sense but OK. No one is asking for the street address of the datacenter....
  • IceLion68
    1575 posts Member
    edited June 29
    I mean.... this is directly from EA: https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa20-game-data-center
    Where Are Our Current FIFA 20 Game Data Centers?
    FIFA 20 currently has 22 game data centers across the world.

Europe:
    • Paris
    • Amsterdam
    • Frankfurt
    • Dublin
    • Stockholm (New)
    • London (New - September 2020)
    • Milan (New - September 2020)
    • Madrid (New - September 2020)

Asia:
    • Manama (New)
    • Hong Kong