EA Forums - Banner

Advice: Silvers, Strategies, etc

OK, I've been playing this for a little over a month now. A few questions...

1) What am I supposed to do with all these silver players?

2) These sets you can trade in... are there some that are better to go after than others? I've been dumping unused cards into style icons sets to get more cards to put into style icon sets (so it feels like). I can't be bothered selling stuff in auction house because A) I never get anything worth a decent amount and B) it's such a pain listing and re listing items or trying to figure out what they are "worth". There does not seem to be an equivalent site like "futbin" (for FIFA) where you can easily see this type of info.

3) Strategies. I noticed on my d pad when playing a game I can set strategies. I have not played with this too much but understanding this better may help. Can anyone give some pointers on this and how/when to use and whether or not it's customisable?

- DR

Replies

• 1, re-roll into gold players.

2. 'someone can probebly answer this better then me. "

3. You can change the same strategies in the game menu too. It's the same thing. But to do it like that - in the game, can be useful if you like to change things up during the game, to perhaps, confuse your opponent abit.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    1, re-roll into gold players.

3. You can change the same strategies in the game menu too. It's the same thing. But to do it like that - in the game, can be useful if you like to change things up during the game, to perhaps, confuse your opponent abit.

@Sega82mega How do you "re-roll" into gold players?
  • EA_Aljo
    3060 posts EA Community Manager
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Hi there. He's talking about the Silver Upgrade. Look in the set titled 'Upgrade Sets'. You can trade in 8 silver players for 2 gold players.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Hi there. He's talking about the Silver Upgrade. Look in the set titled 'Upgrade Sets'. You can trade in 8 silver players for 2 gold players.

@EA_Aljo Ah! OK. Thanks!

Any other sets worth doing? Some must be better than others.

- DR
  • EA_Aljo
    3060 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

@EA_Aljo Ah! OK. Thanks!

- DR

In regards to Silver players, the 97 overall Fantasy sets require silver players, but it takes a while to get there of course.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

@EA_Aljo Ah! OK. Thanks!

- DR

In regards to Silver players, the 97 overall Fantasy sets require silver players, but it takes a while to get there of course.

At this time of year, players have come down a lot. You can get 95-96 Master Icons for under 200k.
    Play Squad Battles and build up your collection of gold players and sell them on auction for about 1k each. You will have enough to buy a good player in a few weeks. Go for speed as this game is all about speed, unless you are such a good dangler you can get around anything. You can also fill all the all star objectives while playing SB and get lots of collectibles too.