1618 posts Member
    edited July 6
    belair_col wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    belair_col wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    The easy solution to this was to have the player serve his own five minutes, while his avatar became AI controlled. I have no clue why this isn't a thing yet

The problem with this is that a human goalie could fight repeatedly so that an AI goalie replaces them. This could be abused pretty easily.

Easy solution: the AI goalie is a backup with terrible stats.

So punish the skaters because their goalie trolls. No.
    Eliminating human controlled goalies in drop-ins would do the trick. Those skaters are already being punished by having a human who's wasting everybody's time being a child. I'll take a trash AI over an average human goalie any day in drops. The other team will still score on them the same few ways anyways.
    This idea is utter (and selfish) nonsense. Completely eliminate playing goalie in drop ins? Might as well just eliminate the position from the game completely.

The REAL solution is:
    1. Implement antigriefing measures: not only for goalies but also for players who let too many breakaways: half the time goalies start trolling because people play trash defense.
    2. Fix the goalie mechanics and animations
    3. Remove goalie fighting

The funny thing about this is an individual person's perception of what 'bad defense' actually is.
    There are vast variety of causes of DZ breakdowns and I've seen countless players whine about poor defense when they're the primary cause of countless turnovers. There's absolutely no good reasoning to troll games. It wastes everyone's time and it ruins the game for everyone, talking about being selfish.

EA needs to implement it's RP in a manner that doesn't depend solely on W/L. The game should be able to gauge whether a player's actions are helping or hindering a team's ability to win games. That system should root out the majority of the 'trolls' in the community who play their position poorly.

The biggest problem EA has with this game mode is that it doesn't teach players how to be good at it. And in anonymous drop on lobbies it has no tools to hold individuals accountable for how they play. And then there's the AI.

I am not sure if this surprises you but I 100% agree with everything you've said here :)
    I suspect if you put a handful of reasonable people with different perspectives in a room, they could probably nail down a pretty solid list of what constitutes bad D though in general terms. The devil is in the details as far as who is responsible.
    I think we can all agree that odd man rushes/breakaways is bad defense. The game *should* have the smarts to analyze the cause of these.
    • Making bad breakout passes that result in D Zone turnovers
    • Making bad passes high in the OZone that result in turnovers
    • Missed checks resulting in odd man rush/breakaways
    • Missed coverage

Also I totally agree that the game could be better at teaching and accountability. This is huge IMO and something I have been preaching here for a couple years.

Same with RP - which needs an overhaul
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Furthermore due to the RP system being based on wins and losses I’ll back out of lobbies if I think certain players (scrubs, newbies/low levels) are not going to give my team the best chance to win. A lot of others often do the same thus kinda defeating the true purpose of drop ins and also making it take longer for players to find full games.
  • This game and the cheaters in this community suck!

So I decide to play my natural position G because I’ve been losing games because of crappy goalies. Join a full lobby and their G is a level 4. I figure that G will quit after a couple of goals and I’ll get an easy win and RP. As predicted the other G quits midway through the first period once we went up 3-0. I was tempted to quit myself to even the playing surface but my team was playing excellent D giving me only 2 easy shots to save.

Second period. 4-0 and both their D quit. End of the second we’re up 4-0 and still only two shots against me.

We win 6-0. 22-5 in shots. I get the easy SO but the game gives me -221 RP.

****?!?!?! Complete **** EA!

It’s crap like this that makes me not want to invest any of my time playing this game!
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

It’s crap like this that makes me not want to invest any of my time playing this game!

What the heck?!!?!?!
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    This game and the cheaters in this community suck!

So I decide to play my natural position G because I’ve been losing games because of crappy goalies. Join a full lobby and their G is a level 4. I figure that G will quit after a couple of goals and I’ll get an easy win and RP. As predicted the other G quits midway through the first period once we went up 3-0. I was tempted to quit myself to even the playing surface but my team was playing excellent D giving me only 2 easy shots to save.

Second period. 4-0 and both their D quit. End of the second we’re up 4-0 and still only two shots against me.

I definitely get the frustration with this. Hate to see it happen. It's an issue we're aware of, but I don't have any other details currently.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

What the heck?!!?!?!

Did you quit the previous game early? That -221 would be the sum of the points you earned in your SO victory and the hit from losing/quitting the previous match.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

What the heck?!!?!?!

Did you quit the previous game early? That -221 would be the sum of the points you earned in your SO victory and the hit from losing/quitting the previous match.

I might have. I think the game before my team was winning 3-0 and the other human goalie quit so I quit when it was 3-1 at the end of the second.

EA really needs to do something about this.

I’ll often quit with my team winning when the other human goalie quits for a couple of reasons.

1. To let the other team know that if they play crappy D in front of their G resulting in their G quitting then I’ll quit to take away their advantage of having a CPU G which is most often the case regardless of how well I’m playing.

2. I’ll tell my teammates why I’m quitting which is to give them an even better chance to win with an CPU G after they already built a 1-3 goal lead against a human goalie that quit.

What I think EA needs to do is punish the G that first quits with negative RP and a loss. Then allow the other human G to quit but giving him positive RP and the win.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    @thebrazenhead75

It's possible this is just a display issue and you're not actually losing that RP. Can you take note of your RP between games and if it happens again, compare it to what your RP was previously to see if it's changing?
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited July 7
    What I think EA needs to do is punish the G that first quits with negative RP and a loss. Then allow the other human G to quit but giving him positive RP and the win.

Larry-David.gif

Um. No. LOL

1) I mean I get what you're saying but man, a lot of people make playing a difficult position (goalie) way more difficult. A loss? Sure but I am not sure about deducting RP. It's more complex than that IMO

2) Scenario: So the first (losing) goalie graciously bows out to give his team a chance to win. Remaining goalie graciously bows out and gives his team a chance to win. Why do you reward the second goalie and punish the first one when they are essentially doing the same thing? If you quit you get a loss. Period. What I would do alternately is simply make the win/loss a net zero and assign RP based solely on the individual performance.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

Larry-David.gif

Um. No. LOL

1) I mean I get what you're saying but man, a lot of people make playing a difficult position (goalie) way more difficult. A loss? Sure but I am not sure about deducting RP. It's more complex than that IMO

2) Scenario: So the first (losing) goalie graciously bows out to give his team a chance to win. Remaining goalie graciously bows out and gives his team a chance to win. Why do you reward the second goalie and punish the first one when they are essentially doing the same thing? If you quit you get a loss. Period. What I would do alternately is simply make the win/loss a net zero and assign RP based solely on the individual performance.

That scenario would be fine with me.

My point is I’m only quitting to even it up with a CPU va CPU goalie because it isn’t fair for the human goalie that stays. No matter how well I play in net, the replacement CPU for the other team a majority of the time will play even better. I’ve been on both sides and it’s hard to keep a lead with a human goalie against a CPU goalie that makes unreal saves after saves. It also gives the human dman an advantage when they have a CPU playing unreal behind them because they can concentrate less on defence and more on offence when they know an CPU goalie will bail them out.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited July 8
    At the very least I think we can agree there are no easy solutions that are fair for all parties.

Ideally the game would be changed ("fixed", if you will), so that:
    • The conditions that cause quitting in the first place do not materialize (or are reduced)
    • Once you address the the things in the game that make people quit you can impose more negative repercussions for players who do so
    • When people do quit it does not impart such a huge advantage to be replaced by AI
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    At the very least I think we can agree there are no easy solutions that are fair for all parties.

• The conditions that cause quitting in the first place do not materialize (or are reduced)
    • Once you address the the things in the game that make people quit you can impose more negative repercussions for players who do so
    • When people do quit it does not impart such a huge advantage to be replaced by AI

That drives us nuts, when our club has a hot start to the game, and we bang home 2 in the first period, almost immediately one or of their guys will quit. For two reasons...1- the AI replacement is basically god, your personal attributes be damned, has way too much defensive awareness(picking passes off with his back to the play, having a magnetic stick on poke checks etc), and 2- If the AI replacement doesn't work, there's a high chance that the CR/RP glitch will work.
  • thebrazenhead75
    236 posts Member
    edited July 12
    twhite1387 wrote: »

That drives us nuts, when our club has a hot start to the game, and we bang home 2 in the first period, almost immediately one or of their guys will quit. For two reasons...1- the AI replacement is basically god, your personal attributes be damned, has way too much defensive awareness(picking passes off with his back to the play, having a magnetic stick on poke checks etc), and 2- If the AI replacement doesn't work, there's a high chance that the CR/RP glitch will work.

Last night I join a drop in 5 vs 5 (AI LD for both teams). During the lineup I noticed two high level platinums on the other team but didn’t think much of it. Their human goalie let’s up the first two shots on purpose. I’m thinking ok 2-0 and their G is going to quit but doesn’t. Their RD and both wingers do though probably because they’re thinking they’re G is a troll. The G definitely is but he is working with the C to get their human teammates to quit. What happens next was very predictable.

My forwards couldn’t do anything against the AI D pairing. I solely concentrated on playing good D but the opposing C just used his AI to his advantage (especially my AI LD) scoring the next 4 goals. After that our G quit and so did I because I knew the odds of coming back to win were extremely low.

Usually if you have 1-2 AI’s they suck. 3-4 AI’s together and they’re dominating especially with 1 human player that knows how to use them.

That’s why either we shouldn’t be able to R1 or R2 them. They’re AI for a reason. We shouldn’t be able to force them to pass or shoot. Also, 6’s game should end once a team drops to 2-3 human players.