EA Forums - Banner

This community, man.

Garbage.
Everyone who my buddies and I have played in clubs are all 5’7 and doing cross creases, exploit dekes and ragging the puck in the d zone when they have the lead.

How is this STILL an issue? Why does this game reward exploiters and obnoxious players rather people trying to play legit hockey? It honestly blows my mind. I honestly might make a video about this years game and post it on YouTube. Never done it before, but my god I think I just might. This is the worst hockey game I have ever played.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3195 posts EA Community Manager
    Garbage.
    Everyone who my buddies and I have played in clubs are all 5’7 and doing cross creases, exploit dekes and ragging the puck in the d zone when they have the lead.

How is this STILL an issue? Why does this game reward exploiters and obnoxious players rather people trying to play legit hockey? It honestly blows my mind. I honestly might make a video about this years game and post it on YouTube. Never done it before, but my god I think I just might. This is the worst hockey game I have ever played.

I hate the ragging as well, but I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on the game. Even if ragging weren't possible, chances are excellent some are going to exploit game mechanics to their advantage. We can't really change the way people think, but I hope something is added to make ragging harder to be successful at.

As far as the cross-crease goes, that can be defended. What dekes are being exploited and how? Can you get some video of it?
  • Dominator961
    7 posts Member
    edited July 26
    If cross creases can be defended than explain how they are pretty much 90 percent of how goals are scored in this game. And don’t tell me they “can’t defend” cause I’ve seen pucks go through multiple bodies in the passing lane. Sticks, skates, everything.

For the deking it should be self explanatory. Everyone does the same exact move for cheese goals every time. There’s no creativity. It’s always the puck flip and middle cut opposite side shot. Those ALWAYS go in. I consider them exploits because the goalie will almost never make the save. These kinds of things encourage less creativity and more of a “how can I cheese the game to score cheap goals to win” mentality. Winning is great, yes, but are you actually having fun doing the same thing over and over again all to just get the win? It’s ridiculous.
    Post edited by Dominator961 on
  • EA_Blueberry
    4738 posts EA Community Manager
    If cross creases can be defended than explain how they are pretty much 90 percent of how goals are scored in this game.

Cross-crease goals also make up for the majority of the goals in the NHL. Does the community feel they happen "too often" in game? From what we've seen discussed on the forums that is a yes. We've passed that feedback along to the team and they've taken it into consideration for the future of the franchise. We do not anticipate any game balance changes happening around this for NHL 21 though.

We have other discussions related to this that can be found via the search bar or scrolling the forums. I'm going to close this topic down as it's a duplicate topic and not productive to call out the community as garbage.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.