EA Forums - Banner

"Clown" jerseys allowed in EASHL club game?!

j0rtsu67
644 posts Member
edited July 23
We've played almost 200 club games and yesterday we were matched first time against a team wearing hawaii shirt and shorts...
Is this intended or some kind of bug/cheat?

I really really really really hope it's the latter. IMO clown gears should not be allowed in EASHL club games, they should be available only in drop in or other non-club (arcade) modes. No need for that fortnite sh... style in EASHL.

Replies

• There is unlockable stuff under team branding. You can do custom, or the pre set collections if you have them unlocked.
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    Ok, thanks. So intended it is. Too bad. Was just surprised bc never seen those before. Hopefully never see them again too.
  • IceLion68
    1610 posts Member
    This is wrong. EA Please no. Maybe if a club plays in Eliminator but not in EASHL club.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • EA_Aljo
    3193 posts EA Community Manager
    Clubs are able to use the more casual gear as a themed set in club play. I still haven't seen anyone using them since they seem to be more popular in Eliminator. To be fair though, many teams outside of the NHL have promotional events where they use more non-traditional jerseys.
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited July 23
    But hawaii shirt and shorts, come on. Totally ridiculous.

If someone really wants to play with "funny" outfit, there are plenty of modes to do that. 6vs6 club should be kept apart from that.

I'm glad though there hasn't been more of those clubs wearing those silly outfits... maybe it should tell you (meaning EA) something?
    Post edited by j0rtsu67 on
  • EA_Aljo
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »

If someone really wants to play with "funny" outfit, there are plenty of modes to do that. 6vs6 club should be kept apart from that.

I'm glad though there hasn't been more of those clubs wearing those silly outfits... maybe it should tell you (meaning EA) something?

Clubs should also be able to express their own identity. If this is the first time you've seen a club with a more casual jersey, it doesn't seem like it's really affecting the experience that much. Personally, I worry more about how they play than what they're wearing, but definitely understand how those styles of jerseys can take you out of the NHL immersion. I'll pass on the feedback.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Clubs should also be able to express their own identity.
    Nothing against that. Give them more customizable jerseys, logos etc. but rather keep it somewhat "standard".
    If this is the first time you've seen a club with a more casual jersey, it doesn't seem like it's really affecting the experience that much.
    It was, fortunately. That's why I was asking in first place if it's a bug or cheat. Hopefully it will stay as rare, one time was enough. But like I tried to hint earlier, if it is that rare, is there really a place for it at all?
    Personally, I worry more about how they play than what they're wearing, but definitely understand how those styles of jerseys can take you out of the NHL immersion.
    I can guarantee the immersion flew out of the window, too bad I didn't take a screenshot. I guess I was too traumatized... :worried:
    I'll pass on the feedback.
    Thank You.

• IceLion68
    1610 posts Member
    edited July 26
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

To a point.

That point being within the confines - at least in 6s - of actual NHL hockey. I mean the game is literally *called* NHL.

I am fine with goofy stuff in the arcade/eliminator modes but is it really too much to ask to retain/revert back to an online 6 v 6 experience where players wear actual hockey gear and play in actual rinks? One that is actually authentic to the actual NHL experience?

Why is EA so averse to this idea , or think it's so "weird"
  • EA_Aljo
    IceLion68 wrote: »

To a point.

That point being within the confines - at least in 6s - of actual NHL hockey. I mean the game is literally *called* NHL.

I am fine with goofy stuff in the arcade/eliminator modes but is it really too much to ask to retain/revert back to an online 6 v 6 experience where players wear actual hockey gear and play in actual rinks? One that is actually authentic to the actual NHL experience?

I get the game is called NHL, but this mode isn't labeled as such. It's always been EASHl/WoC. So, there's a lot of freedom with gear since it's not replicating the real NHL.
  • IceLion68
    1610 posts Member
    edited July 27

To a point.

I get the game is called NHL, but this mode isn't labeled as such. It's always been EASHl/WoC. So, there's a lot of freedom with gear since it's not replicating the real NHL.

So what IS the mode that replicates the real NHL for 6 v 6? It *used* to be EASHL/WoC.

I will again ask, can we not have this (real gear, real rinks) for ONE mode? Having the clown gear (and the ridiculous intros) really does detract from the realism. I am all for it in Eliminator modes. Even allow a club to deck themselves out with a "fun" uniform option for when they play in Eliminator. Heck make a 6s Eliminator mode if you want.

Just please for the love of god give us 6 V 6 club (if not dropins) that is restricted to hockey gear and rinks. I just don't understand why EA is so resistant to this?
  • EA_Aljo

To a point.

So what IS the mode that replicates the real NHL for 6 v 6? It *used* to be EASHL/WoC.

I will again ask, can we not have this (real gear, real rinks) for ONE mode? Having the clown gear (and the ridiculous intros) really does detract from the realism. I am all for it in Eliminator modes. Even allow a club to deck themselves out with a "fun" uniform option for when they play in Eliminator. Heck make a 6s Eliminator mode if you want.

Just please for the love of god give us 6 V 6 club (if not dropins) that is restricted to hockey gear and rinks. I just don't understand why EA is so resistant to this?

Back when there was a mode where drop-ins used real teams, that was probably as close as it gets. However, EASHL/WoC was never meant to exactly replicate the NHL. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to create your own jerseys, name your club and use the fantasy gear. I imagine we could have a strictly NHL mode, but you'd also have a hard time finding opponents. We already get complaints there are too many modes. Adding another, and one that would probably be less popular than customizing your own team, would just make that worse. I imagine an NHL-only mode would also be a lot less popular than creating a custom team.

How often are you seeing the casual gear in club games? It's extremely rare for me. I get it's a distraction for some of you, but we rarely get complaints about club games with this gear. Unfortunately, we're never going to make everyone happy, but hopefully, there's a more authentic experience at some point for the guys that would like it.
  • IceLion68
    1610 posts Member

Back when there was a mode where drop-ins used real teams, that was probably as close as it gets. However, EASHL/WoC was never meant to exactly replicate the NHL. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to create your own jerseys, name your club and use the fantasy gear. I imagine we could have a strictly NHL mode, but you'd also have a hard time finding opponents. We already get complaints there are too many modes. Adding another, and one that would probably be less popular than customizing your own team, would just make that worse. I imagine an NHL-only mode would also be a lot less popular than creating a custom team.

How often are you seeing the casual gear in club games? It's extremely rare for me. I get it's a distraction for some of you, but we rarely get complaints about club games with this gear. Unfortunately, we're never going to make everyone happy, but hopefully, there's a more authentic experience at some point for the guys that would like it.

You have the mode. It's 6s club. Just allow custom teams/jerseys/rinks but NOT fantasy gear. It's literally that easy.
  • EA_Aljo

You have the mode. It's 6s club. Just allow custom teams/jerseys/rinks but NOT fantasy gear. It's literally that easy.

That's still not an NHL-only mode, but I get what you're saying. Again though, with how uncommon it is that you see this equipment in club games, it would probably be a pretty low priority thing. Not to mention how little this mode would get played. For now, if you have several people that want an NHL-only mode, you could try getting everyone together for Online Versus and have each of you position lock. I know it's not ideal but is about the best workaround I can think of at the moment.
  • I don't care about going up against a team of clowns because that's all we see our opponents as anyway... My cheeks are severely more chapped the other team wears MY TEAM's gloves and goalie gear!

I understand this is an irrational annoyance but *big sigh and eye roll* it's just the principle of the thing, y'know? Like, use your own garbage gear
  • In fact, there is a more unpleasant problem. Some teams use completely white uniforms, white skates and white sticks. Very unpleasant. Of course, they are guided by the icons above their heads.
    Or some teams choose a dark guest form.
    Such special ways to spoil the game can be adjusted automatically.
  • Greyinsi
    137 posts Member
    There are many problems piling up in 6’s. Let’s not one more. Please no Disney On Ice for 6’s.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Clubs are able to use the more casual gear as a themed set in club play. I still haven't seen anyone using them since they seem to be more popular in Eliminator. To be fair though, many teams outside of the NHL have promotional events where they use more non-traditional jerseys.

I actually see a fair amount of teams do this in EASHL, I think it's alright once in a while