EA Forums - Banner

Being poke checked by your own team mates

I hope this is addressed in the upcoming nhl22. This is happening quite often in nhl21 and also occurred in 20.
Also the passing could also be improved. Imagine the scenario, when trying to pass to someone on point and the puck goes to someone in deep (and vice versa). That is NOT user error. And if it is a game 'fixed' by ea due to the multiplier it feels like you are passing a brick and goes anywhere.

Replies

• If I can add to that, it is frustrating when you pass to a player in the neutral zone only to have that player go into the bench for a line change. You would think that even if he was going in for a line change and the puck is going to him, he'll take the puck and go for a line change later.
  • This happens to me too in SB on Superstar mode. I prefer to play with my orientation always playing down to the bottom of the TV screen ... so here I am controlling 99 Makar on defence at the point and try to pass via a clear lane to my winger 97 Kucherov near the boards/ towards the back of the net while keeping my controller direction aim downwards. But then amazingly the puck went in exactly the opposite direction towards my goalie's end of the ice, which could only happen (if by user error) if I was pushing upwards on my control stick. This game's programming is a complete joke. Thank gawd this my last year with EA's nonsense.
  • Racesunite wrote: »
    If I can add to that, it is frustrating when you pass to a player in the neutral zone only to have that player go into the bench for a line change. You would think that even if he was going in for a line change and the puck is going to him, he'll take the puck and go for a line change later.

The best part of that, is it happens with manual line changes, even when you don't change the line.
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    I hope this is addressed in the upcoming nhl22. This is happening quite often in nhl21 and also occurred in 20.
    Also the passing could also be improved. Imagine the scenario, when trying to pass to someone on point and the puck goes to someone in deep (and vice versa). That is NOT user error. And if it is a game 'fixed' by ea due to the multiplier it feels like you are passing a brick and goes anywhere.

Hi there. Are you talking about incidental contact dislodging the puck? It would be great to see video to better understand what's happening. The same goes for passes going where you're not aiming. We've had other reports, but haven't been able to reproduce this and I haven't been able to get video of it. If you can, that would be great. Make sure the replay controls are removed with the Y/Triangle button so the controller overlay is on-screen.

Racesunite wrote: »
    If I can add to that, it is frustrating when you pass to a player in the neutral zone only to have that player go into the bench for a line change. You would think that even if he was going in for a line change and the puck is going to him, he'll take the puck and go for a line change later.

I definitely get the frustration with this. You can minimize it from happening more by covering the puck and changing lines. That way, you can get rested players on the ice and be able to better anticipate when they're heading to the bench for a change.
  • ICEMAN_STEAMER
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    No. Its not incidental. For example, you're winding up for a slap shot and your own team mate pokes the puck away if nearby.

As for the passing, i don't have the technology or know how of how to send you examples, i only have my old Xbox. But as you already know about it, it must be a issue as other people have reported it. The passing is pretty poor in general.

Edit: Removed profanity. Please keeps your posts clean.
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    No. Its not incidental. For example, you're winding up for a slap shot and your own team mate pokes the puck away if nearby.

As for the passing, i don't have the technology or know how of how to send you examples, i only have my old Xbox. But as you already know about it, it must be a issue as other people have reported it. The passing is pretty poor in general.

Edit: Removed profanity. Please keeps your posts clean.

Xbox One/PS4 as well as Xbox Series X/S and PS5 have built in game DVRs. You can google the instructions. There are multiple ways to post videos online. The most popular is to use YouTube and provide a link to the video.

I can't recall a time my own teammate has poked the puck away during a slapshot, but it's certainly not impossible as the puck is loose so it can be poked. I'd really need to see video of it happening though. Are you seeing AI teammates use the poke animation against you when you're in possession of the puck?