EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test

Replies

• Not that it’s a big deal at all, I am curious why it’s forbidden here, but if you go onto Twitter, the gamechangers and streamers seem to be having open conversations about it. I only say that because I haven’t been home to play it yet so I’ve been trying to dig for info haha. Hope I can finally get into it on the weekend although WOC is a mode I rarely play.
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    Beauts90 wrote: »
    Not that it’s a big deal at all, I am curious why it’s forbidden here, but if you go onto Twitter, the gamechangers and streamers seem to be having open conversations about it. I only say that because I haven’t been home to play it yet so I’ve been trying to dig for info haha. Hope I can finally get into it on the weekend although WOC is a mode I rarely play.

They shouldn't be sharing any video or images. They also shouldn't be discussing fine details. It's ok to discuss things that have already been announced, but talking specifically about what is being experienced in the technical test shouldn't be happening.
  • lol when you guys were saying world of chel was the only mode available I didn’t realize Play Now for offline games wasn’t even available. Yeah, I’m not subscribing to PS Plus for 4 days of testing NHL 22.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    lol when you guys were saying world of chel was the only mode available I didn’t realize Play Now for offline games wasn’t even available. Yeah, I’m not subscribing to PS Plus for 4 days of testing NHL 22.

Try seeing if a place like GameStop or EB Games has any trial codes. I know back in the day these companies (particularly Xbox) use to give out trial codes.
  • Cool—thanks!
  • I played two games last night and me and my teammates were in tandom and were almost always in position to make the defensive play. Both games we allowed one goal mainly because we were in such good position.

Keep in mind this was play EASHL 3 v 3 but it was just a lot of fun playing with players (one guy in both games) that actually knew proper positioning. The EASHL isn't usually as organized in terms of positioning. So it was refreshing to see.

Eashl is usually incredibly organized...drop in isnt EASHL, if you're playing that mode you're doing it wrong...you should look into leagues like leaguegaming.com for some organized play...

Onto my criticism, fix your servers EA...how am i in vancouver, getting a 90+ ping to.the "central" server...this lag makes the game unplayable for western 6s players
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Seems that my main problem from 2021 still will exists in 2022, I do not have any friends who plays CHEL so I cannot get into a team maybe if we were allowed to try to get in more then one team in nhl2022 I may get lucky & get into a team that plays often.

What platform are you on?

PS4, thanks all for your replies to my post looking forward to joining a club sometimes in October.

Seems that my main problem from 2021 still will exists in 2022, I do not have any friends who plays CHEL so I cannot get into a team maybe if we were allowed to try to get in more then one team in nhl2022 I may get lucky & get into a team that plays often.

What platform are you on?

PS4, thanks all for your replies to my post looking forward to joining a club sometimes in October.

Were you looking to do World of Chel or EASHL?
  • I found a problem where yo get a bag it in rare accassions dosed. Show up and cant open it ea can I fix that
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited September 4
    Whats the girls name - with the voice, I want to know how she looks, just out of curiosity?

*If I am going to be brainwashed from a person - then I wanna know how that person look....
  • find every bug or glitch or oddities, report to admin, make sure offline sliders work too, make sure they really affect AI CPU, that's all we need is sliders broken before launch day, make sure animations run fluid, and make sure load times are proficient.
  • EvanAshopenace
    805 posts Member
    edited September 4
    make sure AI is really proficient and Goalies are Proficient at saving pucks and puck playing and rebounds, make sure you find that desyncing and syncing issue and fix it. also, make sure goalies can go to post to post perfectly too, make sure when goalies go into butterfly they don't get slingshot forward to blue line, like in NHL 20, that I had to fix years ago, make sure goalies and players animations and bot routes are proficient.
  • Got it! 👉
  • Make sure the game gots the kraken horn in custom team
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Not that it’s a big deal at all, I am curious why it’s forbidden here, but if you go onto Twitter, the gamechangers and streamers seem to be having open conversations about it. I only say that because I haven’t been home to play it yet so I’ve been trying to dig for info haha. Hope I can finally get into it on the weekend although WOC is a mode I rarely play.

They shouldn't be sharing any video or images. They also shouldn't be discussing fine details. It's ok to discuss things that have already been announced, but talking specifically about what is being experienced in the technical test shouldn't be happening.

Yeah many just talk about it in Twitch chats and other forums. It's how a group usually gets a good list of the pros and cons of what their community feels for the game. I mean is EA giving us a questionnaire after the technical test closed beta? They really should have one prepared asking for as much feedback about changes and things they feel people might like or don't like. Forums are nice and all but it's easier to see poll results that also ask what changes would you make to "x" and "x" to get a better feel for things. I read the Tech Test forums and majority of that isn't feedback just complaining.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Yeah many just talk about it in Twitch chats and other forums. It's how a group usually gets a good list of the pros and cons of what their community feels for the game. I mean is EA giving us a questionnaire after the technical test closed beta? They really should have one prepared asking for as much feedback about changes and things they feel people might like or don't like. Forums are nice and all but it's easier to see poll results that also ask what changes would you make to "x" and "x" to get a better feel for things. I read the Tech Test forums and majority of that isn't feedback just complaining.

majority of 'feedback' is just complaining.

complaining about how fast the game feels - is a sort of feedback.

complaining about the game isn't fun - is no feedback.

But it takes some knowledge to actually provide some healthy feedback - perhaps a difficult thing for the younger crowd to know how to speak a language thats easy for the devs to understand as feedback.

But yeah - a poll speak for itself, and it's a good way to get the discussion going.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »

But it takes some knowledge to actually provide some healthy feedback - perhaps a difficult thing for the younger crowd to know how to speak a language thats easy for the devs to understand as feedback.

But yeah - a poll speak for itself, and it's a good way to get the discussion going.

When you give feedback you need to give feedback how you think it should be fixed. Game is too fast is so vague. Explain what you felt was too much and how you think it should be fixed. Usually my gaming buddies and I talk about the beta and then they have me make a list of the Pros n Cons with suggestions.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »

When you give feedback you need to give feedback how you think it should be fixed. Game is too fast is so vague. Explain what you felt was too much and how you think it should be fixed. Usually my gaming buddies and I talk about the beta and then they have me make a list of the Pros n Cons with suggestions.

Where is that list to find? AHQ?

Would be fun to hear what you and your buddies think.

I have always wondering how the team choose to work with all of the feedback that comes in.

Just beacuse alot of people 'complaining' about the same type of thing/mechanics - that dont necessary mean it's 'correct feedback'.

There’s alot of diffrent aspects to weigh in - when you are trying to find the best advice for the game to move in right direaction.

Which I feel 22 will do.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Whats the girls name - with the voice, I want to know how she looks, just out of curiosity?

*If I am going to be brainwashed from a person - then I wanna know how that person look....

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10/27/meet-carrlyn-bathe-the-first-female-broadcaster-in-eas-nhl
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
    Sega82mega wrote: »

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10/27/meet-carrlyn-bathe-the-first-female-broadcaster-in-eas-nhl

Thanks - fun read.

"Her husband, Mike Hammer, founder of enforcer-themed hockey-style brand Violent Gentlemen..." - hehe nice brand...

"There’s a fruit pun she’s especially proud of that she can’t wait for others to hear in the game.." I wonder how that one goes?

So she's already familiar for the beapro crowd..

I got use to hearing her voice - she hold me company when no one else was there to play on my team - searching for games..

Always fun to get a 'face on a voice'. 👍