EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test

Replies

• How long will we have access to this beta it is a first for me ?

Probably a 5-7 days to give us a chance to find bugs to report
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    How long will we have access to this beta it is a first for me ?

The technical test runs until September 5th at 11:59 PM PST.
  • Got my code, redeemed it, checked my library and cannot find the NHL 22 Technical Test to download
  • Got my code, redeemed it, checked my library and cannot find the NHL 22 Technical Test to download
  • Still no code for me in my inbox or junk mail.
  • belair_col wrote: »
    Game 1 on XB1. Clock resets about eight times and the game crashes in the 2nd period. Cameras are massively screwed up.

Shortside glitch and overpowered puck protect still prominent. New animations in between faceoffs are neat but are likely the cause of the crash.

You aren't supposed to talk about NHL 22 beta here. There are forums for your feedback.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    Still no code for me in my inbox or junk mail.

Try EA Help - and ask for a code. You might have to wait for a while, but might be worth it.
  • FloundinatorQQ
    127 posts Member
    edited August 30
    This game really needs a tutorial on how to play your position correctly, like the fundamentals... just played my first drop-in, and holy moly, my teammates were all over the ice, defenders not playing their positions at all... it was brutal...
  • This game really needs a tutorial on how to play your position correctly, like the fundamentals... just played my first drop-in, and holy moly, my teammates were all over the ice, defenders not playing their positions at all... it was brutal...

Big reason why I wont play this test so much - I cant form a fair opinion if everyone at my team like to be the one that score.

But as soon as the game drops and I gets to choose players to control from my own AI - I think this will be really good.

And hopefully people will adjust to the new game, after a while.

It's still nhl 21, in 'everyone's' mind.
  • I wonder why it's only chel? Perhaps a good way to collect all the players to play the same mode.
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Forget
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @EA_Aljo how do we access the referenced forum to discuss the tech beta and if we save video does it need to be saved to just HD only or Xbl or does it even matter?

The closed technical test forums can be found here. Are you able to access them?
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @EA_Aljo how do we access the referenced forum to discuss the tech beta and if we save video does it need to be saved to just HD only or Xbl or does it even matter?

The closed technical test forums can be found here. Are you able to access them?

No, signed in and unable. I'll see if its better once I get home and have the game running and the phone is on home network etc. Wanted to make sure I had the right spot since it wasn't loading.

Try accessing the forums after you've been able to log in to the game. It's possible that flag needs to be set on your account first. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

All good, needed the installation flag.
  • I played two games tonight in 3 vs 3 EASHL and it was a lot of fun. The game felt familiar yet refined for the better. It's hard to put into words since I'm super tired lol. However it was fun and felt really smooth in my brief experience. I'm pretty happy so far. But tomorrow I'll play more and probably see the ugly side of the game. I hope not but that's usually how it goes with these betas. Unfortunately.
  • kyl_35
    184 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    Still no code for me in my inbox or junk mail.

Try EA Help - and ask for a code. You might have to wait for a while, but might be worth it.

Eh… considering it sounds like the beta is world of chel and nothing else, I’m not sure my feedback would be valuable anyway.

I’d just end up complaining about goalie pads and goalie animations.
  • Pierrafeu777
    29 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Hope somebody answers in the other forum for problems because if no one does I will not take the risk of destroying my PS4 with the technical test.
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    edited August 31
    Got my code, redeemed it, checked my library and cannot find the NHL 22 Technical Test to download

Try going to the Purchases screen. I believe you can find it there. Also, you may be able to find it at playstation.com and push the download to your console through a web browser.

@kyl_35

You were sent a code. Be sure to check all folders. Spam, junk, promotions, etc. If you still can't find it, open a case with an advisor here and they'll get it to you. You can also try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or through Facebook here.

@Pierrafeu777

Can you send me a private message with a link to your post? I'll try to get it answered.
  • Someone else got the same problem & got an answer no need for a reply Aljo thanks.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Gaming glasses on im in.. Lets go hehe 😄🤓🏒

*how many of you read through the 'legal agreements? 🤔🙄

I scrolled through the legal agreement, but didn't read it as I can guarantee I wouldn't do anything to break the tos. Unless I inadvertently agreed to giving them my first born, I assume it's on par with a standard nda with no streaming or what not (floating gamer tag would identify anyone trying to stream it).
  • This game really needs a tutorial on how to play your position correctly, like the fundamentals... just played my first drop-in, and holy moly, my teammates were all over the ice, defenders not playing their positions at all... it was brutal...

I would love to see something implemented that forced you to play a game or two offline before it unlocks the multiplayer world. Require a coaches scored of 75% at least. For all of the flaws of this game, basic hockey positioning still works. And for all of the **** that people do about this game, the lack of hockey knowledge is astounding.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    This game really needs a tutorial on how to play your position correctly, like the fundamentals... just played my first drop-in, and holy moly, my teammates were all over the ice, defenders not playing their positions at all... it was brutal...

I would love to see something implemented that forced you to play a game or two offline before it unlocks the multiplayer world. Require a coaches scored of 75% at least. For all of the flaws of this game, basic hockey positioning still works. And for all of the **** that people do about this game, the lack of hockey knowledge is astounding.

It's the in-learning from 'cheese goals' - especially cross creases, from previous games that have 'taught' the big crowd how you suppose to play hockey, and this game.

This is so much notable in chel for me then if I play 1vs1 and can decide the flow.