EA Forums - Banner

burning question. when does NHL 22 come out. officially . curious cat here

Prev1
EvanAshopenace
805 posts Member
edited August 2021
burning question. when does NHL 22 come out? officially. curious cat here.
anyways looking forward to when the first trailer is out.
also is there a pre-order version of NHL 22 too :p

Replies

• burning question. when does NHL 22 come out? officially. curious cat here.
    anyways looking forward to when the first trailer is out.
    also is there a pre-order version of NHL 22 too :p

Nothing is known at this point, I'm guessing a mid October release like last year based on everything presented to us so far.
  • It pop's up a new 'NHL 22' thread every day theese days.

But yeah as BruinsHockey08 already said - the only thing we know by now - is that it will be 'a closed technical test' late August.

So was the case last year too - so between 10-13 October I guess that the game will be realesed.

And I will have a ps5 by then.. 😊✊

• Soon™
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Soon™

EA will have to divide the concept of "soon"..

Extremely soon(during a time-limit between 1-7 days) - pretty soon(8 - 31 days) - and just soon.( 32 - 365 days).
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Soon™

Extremely soon(during a time-limit between 1-7 days) - pretty soon(8 - 31 days) - and just soon.( 32 - 365 days).

I'm at the belief that it'll be extremely soon based on the fact that the closed beta is coming out in late August and it's already August 15th where I live, I would be shocked if it wasn't this week. I mean they could just release everything next week and let us jump straight into the beta which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But I am impatient and just want some type of information on the game as soon as possible.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Soon™

I'm at the belief that it'll be extremely soon based on the fact that the closed beta is coming out in late August and it's already August 15th where I live, I would be shocked if it wasn't this week. I mean they could just release everything next week and let us jump straight into the beta which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But I am impatient and just want some type of information on the game as soon as possible.

I wouldn’t mind if you where right here - with your 'extremely soon' prediction.

I take it - and it wouldn’t surprise me that much, Friday 20th or Monday 23 - probebly the same week the 'beta comes out', and we get to play it the weekend between dates 27-29, wheeere they might extend it to, 31 August - If we're being nice!.. 😊

-but nice startin to not be soo far away from both the realese aaand new season starts IRL, the very same season, Kraken is suppose to indroduce themselves for the NHL.

Need hockey.
  • ok. :p
  • Im guessing sometime this month a trailer could drop
    Just. A guess
  • I hope it's a good one, am interested to see what's gonna be in the trailer.
  • I hope it's a good one, am interested to see what's gonna be in the trailer.

Me too Evan, me too! ✊👍
  • I hope time wont repeat
  • Lets all keep are hopes 🤞
  • The excitement is through the roof! 😃🙉🙈😱
  • Lets hope if not well this could be the best nhl since 14 or worst ever just the bad worst snario possible
  • Any that reminds me who is excited for tampa vs Nashville. For the 2022 stadium series
    It pop's up a new 'NHL 22' thread every day theese days.

But yeah as BruinsHockey08 already said - the only thing we know by now - is that it will be 'a closed technical test' late August.

So was the case last year too - so between 10-13 October I guess that the game will be realesed.

I think I’m most looking forward to see what the differences between current and next gen are going to be.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Beauts90 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    It pop's up a new 'NHL 22' thread every day theese days.

I think I’m most looking forward to see what the differences between current and next gen are going to be.

I was in today and signed up for a ps5 - I took the 'only digital' version, when it was 115 $ cheaper.

They said I can have one in 4 weeks as earliest and in 4 months if I have bad luck. Pretty big difference...

If I havent got one before the realese of nhl 22, and I have 'no other option' then to buy the digital edition to my old ps4 - and then when I get the ps5 - there's no problem to just download the same game on that console huh?

Yeah im also curious on that - will there be like two 'completely diffrent games' - you should be able to get a better picture and perhaps 'flow' of the game, the more powerful machine you are using.

So I can imagine it will be so much better in it's 'right environment' - after all - they must have had the next generations consoles in mind - when they try to get the most out of the game-engine.
  • jrago73
    748 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Ok so here is how it works for Fifa and Madden:
    1. $60 edition just the ps4
    2. Other 60$ edition just ps5
    3. $90 edition you get some bonuses, ps4 version and a "free" upgrade to ps5 version
    4. $120 version more stuff and the "free" upgrade again.

I'm at work so I don't know the version names and pricing might be a bit off but the answer is you have to pay those $30 "free" dollars for the upgradeable version because EA seemingly hates their customers and somebody tore out the F section of the company dictionary.

Also they are 2 separate installs and treated like 2 different games. The ps4 version can only play with other ps4's and the ps5's will have their own group too. Last year when you upgraded on xbox you could convert your single player saves but I'm not sure if its the same this year, will be the same on NHL, or if Sony will handle it the same way.
  • For reference:
    8pycsu579m4b.png
    I was in today and signed up for a ps5 - I took the 'only digital' version, when it was 115 $ cheaper.

They said I can have one in 4 weeks as earliest and in 4 months if I have bad luck. Pretty big difference...

If I havent got one before the realese of nhl 22, and I have 'no other option' then to buy the digital edition to my old ps4 - and then when I get the ps5 - there's no problem to just download the same game on that console huh?

Yeah im also curious on that - will there be like two 'completely diffrent games' - you should be able to get a better picture and perhaps 'flow' of the game, the more powerful machine you are using.

So I can imagine it will be so much better in it's 'right environment' - after all - they must have had the next generations consoles in mind - when they try to get the most out of the game-engine.

I heard that they confirmed the game will take advantage of next gen which would mean that there would be differences between them. I believe the hyper motion technology in fifa is only available in next gen and madden has exclusive features as well that are more geared towards their franchise mode. I would imagine NHL will have something similar where there is something only available for the next gen versions.
    I guess for online players it would be worth it to buy the version that includes both gens if that means you could play people on the ps5 or ps4 version. I would hope that’s how it works but I am not sure if that is the case.