EA Forums - Banner

burning question. when does NHL 22 come out. officially . curious cat here

2Next

Replies

• So, if I'm playing on my Series X, I can't play with my club friends who are on One's?
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    So, if I'm playing on my Series X, I can't play with my club friends who are on One's?

That's how the yard mode worked on Madden, maybe there are some MUT/FUT players here who could confirm for those modes.

Your work around would be having the xb1 version on your series x instead/also, hence the shady-ness in the decision to lock the dual entitlement behind the more expensive versions.

This is all highly likely speculation though until the game is announced but I find it hard to believe that NHL will be different from Madden's system, if its even a technical possibility.
  • > @Moxrox84 said:
    > So, if I'm playing on my Series X, I can't play with my club friends who are on One's?

I do. As well i play threes club this happen. A lot i play a level one im level 48 they play like its pro gameing the level one which is a pain ea should make a change that allows you to play your own level. And challenge your swlf
  • > @Moxrox84 said:
    > So, if I'm playing on my Series X, I can't play with my club friends who are on One's?

That may be worst on 22 with no cross play
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    Ok so here is how it works for Fifa and Madden:
    1. $60 edition just the ps4
    2. Other 60$ edition just ps5
    3. $90 edition you get some bonuses, ps4 version and a "free" upgrade to ps5 version
    4. $120 version more stuff and the "free" upgrade again.

I'm at work so I don't know the version names and pricing might be a bit off but the answer is you have to pay those $30 "free" dollars for the upgradeable version because EA seemingly hates their customers and somebody tore out the F section of the company dictionary.

Thank you.

30$ then.

Im curious to hear the difference.

So the beta gonna feel diffrent for people dependent on what console they are playing.

It's abit confusing all this old-new gen stuff.

Guess time will make it more clear.
  • awasome! :p
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Beauts90 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I was in today and signed up for a ps5 - I took the 'only digital' version, when it was 115 $ cheaper.

They said I can have one in 4 weeks as earliest and in 4 months if I have bad luck. Pretty big difference...

If I havent got one before the realese of nhl 22, and I have 'no other option' then to buy the digital edition to my old ps4 - and then when I get the ps5 - there's no problem to just download the same game on that console huh?

Yeah im also curious on that - will there be like two 'completely diffrent games' - you should be able to get a better picture and perhaps 'flow' of the game, the more powerful machine you are using.

So I can imagine it will be so much better in it's 'right environment' - after all - they must have had the next generations consoles in mind - when they try to get the most out of the game-engine.

I heard that they confirmed the game will take advantage of next gen which would mean that there would be differences between them. I believe the hyper motion technology in fifa is only available in next gen

So maybe frostbite(or whatever engine it will be) only support next gen nhl - but what would then the old gen run on... Ignite....
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    So maybe frostbite(or whatever engine it will be) only support next gen nhl - but what would then the old gen run on... Ignite....

I hope that’s not the case as it would be a pretty big disappointment for those that can’t get their hands on a next gen console yet.
    I can already feel the rage from people playing on the older gen that the game is the exact same as 21. Although it would explain why they can’t have cross gen play.
  • Beauts90 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »

it would explain why they can’t have cross gen play.

Yeah thats very true - I thought it would be a too time-consuming process to be able to add cross gen to an already 'big realese' - but what you said is probebly the main reason.

This should probebly be the last realese on the old generation before it gonna rest in peace.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4835 posts EA Community Manager
    edited August 2021
    October 15th is when we lace up the skates.

Edition details can be found here.

curiosity-intensifies-cat.gif
  • awesome! :p
  • Guys cheres to us not being madden