EA Forums - Banner

Attribute explanations

Amazing add!! Surprised it wasn't already in the game and it answers a lot of questions. Still, I feel there are a lot of questions still to be had so I wanted to start a thread.

My first question is hand-eye. In the video the guy who made the playmaker build suggested that it would help with the accuracy of his one timers. Hand-eye says deflections but doesn't mention 1 timers. I was under the impression that the slap shot stats (accuracy/ power) were tied to 1 timers. I also always suspected (wrongly I guess) that offensive awareness acted as a buffer for accuracy and strength acted as a buffer for power.

Replies

• 5uy4ic68kxns.png

It's in the description. If you handle a pass better then obviously on a 1-Timer you are less likely to hit a weak non accurate shot.
  • I get that but that opens up even more questions.. does offensive awareness also help with 1 timers because it handles passes better? Do 1 timers have a power modifier, or is it only weakened from poor passes? Does slap shot play a part at all? In BAP the 1 time ability raises your slap shot power and accuracy but doesn't gain a boost to hand-eye, why? I just don't think the in game explanation is good enough. A redirection or deflection is a lot different from a full on 1 timer even if a deflection isn't much different when using a controller.
  • I get that but that opens up even more questions.. does offensive awareness also help with 1 timers because it handles passes better? Do 1 timers have a power modifier, or is it only weakened from poor passes? Does slap shot play a part at all? In BAP the 1 time ability raises your slap shot power and accuracy but doesn't gain a boost to hand-eye, why? I just don't think the in game explanation is good enough. A redirection or deflection is a lot different from a full on 1 timer even if a deflection isn't much different when using a controller.

brkc1grkv3kg.png

In my opinion It seems more like receiving the puck without is being on it's side and recovering than it affects how well you shoot. Since defensive awareness helps in intercepting the puck it would make sense that offensive awareness helps in settling/getting the puck
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    I get that but that opens up even more questions.. does offensive awareness also help with 1 timers because it handles passes better? Do 1 timers have a power modifier, or is it only weakened from poor passes? Does slap shot play a part at all? In BAP the 1 time ability raises your slap shot power and accuracy but doesn't gain a boost to hand-eye, why? I just don't think the in game explanation is good enough. A redirection or deflection is a lot different from a full on 1 timer even if a deflection isn't much different when using a controller.

brkc1grkv3kg.png

In my opinion It seems more like receiving the puck without is being on it's side and recovering than it affects how well you shoot. Since defensive awareness helps in intercepting the puck it would make sense that offensive awareness helps in settling/getting the puck

I wonder if like body orientation plays into this as well. So like, a low offensive awareness player would need to face the passer more to receive pucks cleanly compared to higher OFA? Welcomed change imo.
  • Seems like both would be factored in?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Seems like both would be factored in?

That would be nice. I’d assume there’s an x-factor for catching passes more cleanly then. If it forces people who are stretching the ice to actually LT and face the puck if they don’t have the skill to not, that would really add some accountability to the game.

I think that’s a huge step forward. It would also allow you to really punish players for not keeping their momentum (ie lowering acceleration) because if you don’t read that stretch pass as a defender, especially with the camera angles provided, you deserve to get beat. Like, this would be both a slight increase in offensive accountability and defensive accountability. Make the offensive guys face the puck to receive it (again, if they don’t have the x-factor or attributes) and make the defenders have to read plays/keep their momentum that much more.

I see it as a win-win if this is how it works.